• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,703 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,703

New Horizon

Pony Split

Chapter 1 - New Horizon

Grief; utter grief and despair is what I felt. I had just poured out my soul to Paige Strut and she turned me down without a second thought. Last time I ever took advice from a movie. I mean seriously, "All you need is 20 seconds of courage." I had used that idea and it only took her 3 seconds to turn me down.

Anyways, I had a sneaking suspicion of why she turned me away: I was a Brony. But you know what, if she couldn't love me for such a small reason, then she was probably too shallow for me anyways.

After finally recovering from the emotional beat-down I had just taken, I started to walk back to my car. Man, I loved my car. It was a '91 Pontiac Firebird Formula that was cobalt blue. Her name was Luna, so named after the beautiful moon goddess herself. Hearing the engine roar to life made me feel a little better. I shifted gears and zoomed out of there like nobodies business.

I wasn't ready to go home, since I had planned to be out 'til 11pm. I looked down at the clock. Only 8:17! I still had nearly 3 hours to kill that didn't involve me snuggling with the girl I loved, so I decided to take a long detour. I hopped on the freeway and turned on New Horizons by Ken Blast to max volume.

I was cruising down the freeway. I didn't notice the electronic signs saying storm warning, nor did I notice that I was going way past the speed limit. Plus, me being the forgetful person I am, I didn't have my lights on. I did, however, notice the a low rumbling.

I turned downed my mp3 and listened carefully, making sure it wasn't my car making the noise. All of a sudden, a thick fog bank rolled in, which struck me as really odd. For one thing, it was the middle of September; the other, I lived in Arizona where we rarely ever get mist, let alone fog.

Then, I started to see a faint glow piercing its way through the fog in the distance, almost like a lighthouse. This glow gradually got brighter and brighter the closer I got to it. The glow became an immense, bluish-white light that was so blinding I had to look away. Then I was suddenly engulfed in this spectacle of illumination, and I start to scream. But then silence.