• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 3,695 Views, 104 Comments

Pony Split - Ark125



When a teen is transported to Equestria, he will discover that he is altered when ever he feels extreme emotions. Can he and Luna figure out

  • ...
14
 104
 3,695

Vicious Lies

Pony Split

Chapter 32 – Vicious Lies

Luna's POV

"Tunnels… so many tunnels." I huffed while walking through the dimly lit passageway. It feels like I have been down here for days, though I know it has only been a couple of hours since we were split up.

The only signs of life seemed to be a couple beetles scurrying away as to not be crushed under my hooves. The walls were dark and dusty, as if I was underground. Every now and then I heard voices reverberating off the walls, but I dismissed it as just my mind playing tricks on me.

Still, it was quite an eerie place. It was as if the walls were watching me. This feeling stayed with me for a while, making me always look over my shoulder for fear of being attacked by surprise.

Soon, after many dead ends, back tracking, and over all confusion, I saw a glimmer of light.

My spirits soared as I ran towards the beckoning light.

When I got to the light, I saw it came from a room with florescent lamps hanging from the ceiling, each one giving off a glow not unlike that of my moon.

"Well, so glad to see you could finally join me."

I gritted my teeth, "Nightmare Moon. How unpleasant to see you again."

"Now, is that anyway to talk to yourself?"

"I am no longer anything like you."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. I am my own pony now. I have a life, maybe you should try getting one sometime."

Her eyes filled with hatred, "You think I don't have a life? I have more of a life than you! I have more power than you could ever imagine. What do you have? An idiot of a spouse that only has a little bit longer to live? Where will that leave you after he is gone? I will tell you where that will leave you. Alone!"

I stood there in shock, "You do not know anything, he will be able to pull through. He is strong and not afraid of anything. Plus, he promised."

"He promised." She said in a mock tone of voice. "Oh please, are you still such an ignorant foal that you can't see that he is lying to you. Promises mean nothing. They are meant to be broken. Take your sister for example. Was she not the one who promised that we would be loved? Did she not say that she would only leave us on the moon for a little while? Was she not the one who said that she would always put us first?"

"SHUT UP! She meant all of what she said, she just wasn't able to keep all of her promises. And I forgave her for it."

"Whatever you petty foal. You and I both know that everything she said was nothing but a vicious lie. Just give in, you know I am right."

"NO! You are wrong! And for speaking such lies, I promise yours will not be a swift death."

"You really think you would be able to defeat me, your better half?"

"I do not think, I know!"

She smiled, "Very well, let us see if you have what it takes to actually defeat yourself." She summoned a cloud of dark mist that materialized into a rather large scythe, whose blade resembled that of a crescent moon.

I pulled out my twin swords with my magic and held one above my head and one below my chest, ready to attack and defend.

"Oh, nice swords, very pretty. But are they durable." She ran forward, slicing downwards with her scythe. I blocked with one sword and lunged with the other.

She side stepped the thrust and came back with a diagonal slash, which I narrowly dodged.

I grunted, "Well, I never thought I would see the day where I fought myself."

"Yes, very strange isn't it? I always thought we would fight on the same side, together, against all of those who opposed us."

"I will give you a chance to come over to the good side and fight against Ark. Just think of all the good you could do for the world. Just renounce your evil ways and fight with us." I offered whole heartedly.

Nightmare Moon seemed to stop for a second and actually consider this. "So you are saying that I could actually be good."

I nodded my head, slowly putting away my sword and walking over to where she stood.

"It is a very interesting prospect, but I don't think our sister will be okay with it." She began to cry, letting go of the magic that held her scythe upright. It fell to the ground and clattered making the room still as it laid to rest.

"It's okay," I went to her and actually tried to comfort her, "I know our sister well, and she can be very forgiving. So what do you say?" I held out my hoof, extending my friendship to her.

She looked up and smiled through her tears. "I say…" Her scythe suddenly rose from the ground, "You shouldn't have left you guard down!"

Shink!