• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,440 Views, 134 Comments

The Seamstress and The Librarian - Monochromatic



Collection of RariTwi drabbles of varying lengths, subjects and genres.

  • ...
17
 134
 4,440

An Unorthodox Proposal [Imagine your RariTwi 1/???]

It was, I admit, a rather unorthodox way for it to go about.

I would like to say that I don’t remember what we were doing, but that would be a bald faced lie. I remember exactly what we were doing, as I do with all things involving you. We were lying on my bed; I was entertained with finishing a design for a client, and you were reading one of the romance novels I had lying around.

I remember putting the sketch down, and turning to look… No, that’s not the word. I didn’t simply look at you; I admired you—as one should do when gazing at a princess. We weren’t doing anything grand or romantic. In fact, we had only exchanged a few words in the past hours you’d been there, your tail occasionally brushing against mine.

And yet, in that silly moment, it never felt like I’d been more in love with you. This was the life that awaited us if I so chose. Your constant presence around me, never overbearing, never anything but simply there, always close even if we were each lost in our own world.

You glanced up at me. Your ears twitched, and your eyes inspected me for a moment until a smile graced your lips. I remember thinking you looked beautiful. I remember wanting to spend the rest of my life with you.

“What’re you thinking about?” you asked me, curious as ever. You never liked it when I kept my thoughts away from you. It had been our policy from the start, to be honest with our thoughts and emotions. You would gladly indulge my theatrics so long as you knew why I was being theatric.

I hummed. “Twilight Sparkle,” I said, taking on an accusatory tone. “What gave you the right to steal my heart?”

You giggled in that insultingly adorable way you do when you’re pleased with yourself. Or with me. Both.

“I don’t know,” you said, and frankly, neither did I. I remember very well the day you confessed you loved me, frantically reading off cue-cards as you tried to recite your silly speech about love and friendship and loving friendships.

You were absolutely hopeless, and I was hopelessly in love.

“You don’t know,” I repeated.

You smiled again.

You were so beautiful. You were so silly. I wanted to be with you for the rest of my dreary life.

So I told you as much.

“Perhaps I should take my revenge by stealing your last name, then. Would that be agreeable?”

The words had left my mouth unbidden, but there they were, said aloud. Granted, I couldn’t truly fault you for not registering my words at first. I’m sure that you’d never imagine that I would propose to you in such a casual fashion. I’m sure you expected a grand sweeping event, with flowers and violins and a dramatic declaration of love befitting of Ponyville’s own drama queen.

You giggled again. Looked down at your book.

“It would.”

And I stared at you. I stared at you for about a minute I’m sure, wondering if you had in fact just accepted to marry me, or if you had completely missed the message, or thought I was joking. I sat there for the longest time debating what to do.

And then, you turned a page and stopped midway.

Your eyes widened.

I smiled. Ah, there it was. Your brain catching up.

You looked up.

“Did I just agree to marry you?” you asked.

“I believe you did, darling,” I said, and looked back to my sketch, politely deciding to ignore the flush on your shocked face. “How does a summer wedding sound?”

Author's Note:

i could spend like 50 hours on the imagineyourotp tumblr bc they have the dumbest prompts and i love them

---
Person A: How dare you steal my heart

Person B: ?

Person A: I guess I should steal your last name as revenge. *walks out of room*

Person B: Wha-

Person B: *realizes*

Person B: A, DID YOU JUST PROPOSE TO ME?!
---
also the mlp movie was good 8/10