• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,440 Views, 134 Comments

The Seamstress and The Librarian - Monochromatic



Collection of RariTwi drabbles of varying lengths, subjects and genres.

  • ...
17
 134
 4,440

Languages - (Human/ College AU / Fluffy)

Based on the prompt: "I bet Rarity would swoon if Twi talked to her in french or something"


Whenever Rarity and Twilight found themselves lying on a beanbag together in Twilight's room, it usually meant they were reading or reading and sewing. Sometimes, however, they were perfectly content with just lying there and focusing on each other's presence.

Twilight was on her back, left hand resting on her chest and right hand at her side. Rarity was lying on her side, supporting her head with one hand and using the other to idly trace circles with her fingers on Twilight's stomach, leaving patterns on her shirt.

"Don't you have class in like one hour, Rarity?"

Rarity looked away from the cat she was drawing on Twilight's shirt and turned to look at her girlfriend. "It was cancelled, I'm afraid. Professor Silk Sombrero had a meeting at the foreign embassy or something of the sort."

Twilight raised her eyebrow. "Isn't this the third time this semester that he's cancelled class?" she asked. "Maybe you should go speak with someone about it. That's really not professional at all."

Rarity giggled. "Ay dios mio, you can be awfully dramatic, sometimes." When she finished speaking, she noticed Twilight was looking at her quite intently, lips curved into a small smile. "What are you smiling about?"

Twilight's cheeks turned slightly red. "Nothing. I just…" She looked away from Rarity, lowering her hand and taking Rarity's. Her blush increased when she confessed, "I like it when you speak in other languages."

"Oh, do you?" Rarity asked, smiling slyly at the blushing girl. "Shall I whisper 'I love you' in your ear in various languages, mon amour?" When Twilight's flush somehow increased, Rarity lied down properly next to Twilight and pressed her forehead against the side of Twilight's head. "Ich liebe dich. Or maybe ti amo? Or te amo, which could be either spanish or latin. Or aishiteru, too. Or my favorite, je t'aime."

Twilight laughed, turning her head so as to face Rarity. "Geez, Rares, did you learn how to say 'I love you' in every single language or something?"

Rarity leaned in to kiss her before whispering, "Oui."

Twilight was quiet for a moment, apparently deep in thought. Tightening the grip of her hand around Rarity's, she smiled and whispered, "je t'aime trop, tu sais?"

It wasn't only that Twilight had just said 'I love you too much' that got to her, but there was something so completely irresistible to Rarity about hearing her girlfriend speak french with a perfect accent and pronunciation. Before she could stop herself, she was overcome by a fit of flustered giggles and bit down on her lip in an attempt to stop them.

At receiving such a reaction, Twilight grinned and continued with her verbal attack. "C'est ridicule combien je t'adore, Rarity." She would have gone on for several more minutes if Rarity's lips hadn't imposed themselves on hers.

Once Rarity broke the kiss, she pressed her forehead against Twilight's and sighed. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Yeah, and in six languages, silly."

Author's Note:

Annuska and I spend so much time on Skype talking about college AUs, it's ridiculous. This is the product of one of those conversations...

...I'm not a sap, YOU'RE A SAP!