• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 4,440 Views, 134 Comments

The Seamstress and The Librarian - Monochromatic



Collection of RariTwi drabbles of varying lengths, subjects and genres.

  • ...
17
 134
 4,440

RariTwi Moms [Romance / Fluff?]

Author's Note:

Written for ArcticWaters, who has a RariTwi fanfoal called Day Dreams. So she requested some fluff set while Rarity and Twilight are waiting for her to be born ouo

I've totes adopted Day Dreams as my headcanon fanfoal so if I ever write something with fanfoals, she's gonna be in it o:

Night had fallen over Equestria several hours ago, but Twilight found she could not sleep. Weeks ago, her insomnia was due to the sheer excitement of knowing that she’d soon call herself a mother, but now? Now it was the realization that she would be a mother. It felt like the sound of her pacing matched her quick heartbeat, her mind flooded with all kinds of worried thoughts.

She’d been reading book after book on motherhood ever since she’d found out, but what if she was missing something? What if there was an extremely important detail that wasn’t in any of her fifty — no wait, fifty seven — books? What if she—

“Twilight?”

Twilight stopped her mindless circular path, turned around and found a sleepy Rarity standing under the frame of the door. Even with her disheveled mane, bags under her eyes, and a rather big belly, she was still a stunning sight to behold for the alicorn. Regret washed over her when she realized she had probably woken up the unicorn.

“It’s three am, darling,” Rarity continued, using a hoof to cover her yawn. “Can’t sleep?”

Twilight winced, ears flattening against her head. “No,” she confessed. “I.. I, err, I’m worried about my lecture this weekend.”

“Lecture?” Rarity asked, trotting towards Twilight. “Surely you don’t mean the one you’ve been repeating so much, even I could give it, now do you?” she asked, looking at all the open books scattered around the room. “I could hear you talking as I trotted here, and I must ask: What’s the relation between teleportation techniques and cognitive exercises for foals?”

Twilight felt her cheeks heat up and refused to answer, even when Rarity reached her and nuzzled against her.

“Twilight, you’re worrying too much. Might I instead suggest you stop carving a groove into the floor with your trotting, and come to bed?”

Twilight sighed, relenting at Rarity’s request. “Alright…” She glanced around at the mess and added: “Let me pick up the books, at least. Why don’t you head to bed without me?”

Rarity laughed, tearing herself away from Twilight. “So you’ll go back to your pacing the second I step out of the room? Tsk, tsk.” With a crackle of magic, her beloved fainting couch appeared on the other side of the room, and she made her way towards it. “I’ll wait until you’re finished,” she announced with a cheeky smile, lying down on the couch and idly resting her hoof on her stomach.

Twilight playfully rolled her eyes and got to work. One after another, she levitated the books and neatly stacked them together in alphabetical order. Halfway through, she could have sworn she heard an “oh!” coming from Rarity, prompting her to quickly stop her arranging and turn to the unicorn. “Rarity? Is everything alright?”

Rarity’s ears were completely perked up, her brow was furrowed and she had both forehooves on her stomach. “I…” she drifted off, turning to look at Twilight. “Twilight…”

“W-What’s wrong?” Twilight asked, a zillion hypothetical catastrophic replies zooming inside her head. “What is it?”

“I…” Rarity turned to look at her abdomen again, pressing her hooves against it. “I think I can feel the foal kicking!”

Not a second.

It didn’t take Twilight a single second to teleport herself next to Rarity and gently press the side of her face against Rarity’s stomach, trying to be careful despite her sudden excitement.

“Really?!” she asked, her eyes glittering as if she’d just found the lost library of Saddle Arabia. “You know that means the foal can hear us? He or she is responding to our voices! Actually, according to research, this means we could theoretically start educa—”

Her ramble was suddenly interrupted by a string of soft giggling, making her look up to find the source. When she did, she found Rarity looking back at her with an absolutely smitten expression, biting down on her lip in what looked like an attempt to stop giggling. At any other time, Twilight would have offered a smitten grin of her own, but this time, she lifted her head and offered a deadpan expression.

“You didn’t feel the foal kicking, did you?”

“No, I did not,” Rarity admitted, laughing a bit and running her hoof through Twilight’s mane. “But how can I resist a white lie when the way in which you get excited is so ridiculously adorable?”

Twilight blushed, rolling her eyes. She then gently brushed her hoof against Rarity’s stomach, smiling in a rather adorkable fashion. “I can’t wait,” she whispered, eliciting another round of giggles from the unicorn.

“Me either,” Rarity replied, putting her hoof on top of Twilight’s. “Admittedly, I’m not looking forward to your panic attacks once the foal actually gets here,” she teased, grinning when Twilight’s blush increased.

Twilight laughed. “Well, I’m not looking forward to your mood swings, honestly,” she teased back.

Rarity gasped at this. “Why, I never!” she exclaimed, looking away in an attempt a seeming extremely offended. Her offense was short-lived, though, when Twilight moved over to nuzzle against her, and she wasn’t able to stop herself from smiling.

“We’re going to be a disaster, aren’t we?” Twilight asked, burying her muzzle against the crook of Rarity’s neck.

“Oh, absolutely,” Rarity replied, resting her head against Twilight’s and sighing. “I can’t wait.”