• Published 9th Sep 2014
  • 3,438 Views, 148 Comments

Five Nights at Freddy's: Finding the Truth - Ravings1



A young stallion starts working at a new pizzeria, but finds it to be more complex then a simple night watch.

  • ...
20
 148
 3,438

Night 3 (Edited)

Midnight sat hunched over in the train. He was tired of two things: one, the crap he has to go through at Freddy's and two, lack of sleep. Ever since he took this slaughterhouse of a job, his sleeping schedule had gone to hell. Not only that, but he has been starting to get nightmares about the animatronics, which, of course, didn't help with what little sleep he did get at all. He sometimes woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and screaming, thinking he had shut the door on Chica, only for her to burst through the window. Then there was the other time where he had shut the door on Bonnie, but then Midnight could only watch in mortifying horror as he saw the robotic rabbit slip its hand underneath the door and effortlessly push it back up.

"Fucking robots." He muttered under his breath, not wanting the passengers to hear him. He had enough at the pizzeria, he did not need to end up in an asylum. Midnight tried to clear his mind of the psychopathic animatronics, looking out the window and taking in the scenery that flew past. It was a whole different world out here from Freddy's, which had become his own personal hell. It was so surreal, everything out here was so cheerful and carefree that it almost pained him to comprehend that such a place could exist outside what one could be forgiven for considering a gateway to Tartarus itself.

As he was looking out though, things started flashing in his eyes. Impossible things that didn’t belong, things the pegasus knew couldn't be there. The easiest to make out were the words IT'S ME, then there was the head of Bonnie, with dark eyes and white pinpricks. Then flashed the same image only without eyes, then the last, and most disturbing, was the head of Freddy, with bloodshot, pony-like eyes. Accompanied by a slight robotic mumbling, the hallucinations continued without end, tormenting the poor stallion as they played out like some deeply sadistic flipbook. All ending as he let out a muffled yelp as he buried his face in his hands.

Bringing his head up and looking around the train, he could see the other passengers looking at him, some with concern, and others with confusion. Midnight just sat there a moment, taking in every eye that was on him, before saying.

"I've had a stressful day, don't look at me like that." He said, turning back to the window. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the other ponies look at him for a moment longer, before turning back and resuming what they were doing. Midnight put a hand to his face, rubbing his eyes. "First the nightmares, now I'm hallucinating. I can't let this shit get to me, if I do, then they might as well lobotomize me." He said to himself. He needed to see the Princess as soon as possible.

-------------------------------------

Midnight slowly walked down the path leading into Canterlot Castle and guarding its grand entrance stood two lone guards wielding spears. Even though they were only earth ponies, they were still intimidating. As he neared the the entrance his pace slowed, the guards weren't doing anything, not even blinking; Midnight would think they were statues if he had not known that they were indeed real. Within a foot of the entrance, the two guards crossed their spears in front of him, blocking his progress.

"Halt!" Commanded the one on the left.

"State your name and business." The other continued.

"Um, my name is, um, Midnight Sight and I-I need to see the princess." Midnight felt small, and it wasn't due to the fact that both of the guards stood a head taller than him.

"Do you have an appointment with them?"' The left asked.

"Well... I, um, I- no, I... don't exactly have an appointment."

"Well then, you better be on your way then." The right guard said. No emotion was shown with these two.

"But... I still need to see the princess." Midnight persisted.

"A random commoner wants to see the princess?" The left guard said, pushing Midnight away. "That's laughable." Midnight fumed a little.

'I should stuff YOU in a suit!' The pegasus grumbled internally, biting his tongue before saying anything stupid.

"Now leave, or we will make sure you never will." The right one stated.

“Fine, I AM leaving you motherf-” Midnight let out an exasperated huff as he turned around and headed back down the path. He looked back at the two guards with spite. He looked beyond them at the castle, then getting an idea.

-------------------------------------

A few hours after his brief spat with the gate guards, Midnight returned to the castle in a desperate second attempt to seek the one pony who might be able to help. The pegasus opened a window as quietly as possible, looking inside to make sure the coast is clear. Once satisfied that no guards were in the area, the pegasus slipped into the castle, silently closing the window behind him.

‘What exactly is the penalty for sneaking into the castle?’ Midnight asked to himself. Whatever they may be, he was sure the consequences were severe, and thus adding to the will of not getting caught. Akin to a butterfly, he quickly and quietly tip-hoofed through the great halls. Approaching the first corner, he'd peek around to make sure he was alone. Once he saw he was in the clear, he continued venturing into the depths of the royal castle. 'Seriously, this is THE fucking castle, why is the security so shitty? Not that I'm complaining... Well, now anyways.' Midnight questioned, it was only the second hallway, but he was sure it would've been harder to sneak around than this.

As he was walking, Midnight passed a rather large window with curtains.

"That'll be useful." He said to himself, peeking around another corner. He quickly whipped his head back though as he saw a mare Royal Guard heading his way. He quickly, but quietly made his way to the curtains, gently tucking himself in to conceal himself from the mare. He listened as the clopping of hooves reached him, then passing him. He peeked out of the curtains, taking a look at the guard. "Holy shit, even the female guards are seven feet tall!" Midnight said in a hushed whisper, seeing that the mare was as tall as the other guards. But only then did he realize he said that out loud. He silently meeped as the mare stopped in her tracks, Midnight pulled his head back in just before the guard turned around. She looked around for a moment, before letting out a contemplative 'Hm' and continued her patrol.

"It’s too quiet in here, I'm starting to hear things," She mumbled as she walked off. Midnight peeked his head out once more, making sure it was alright to proceed.

'I can relate to that, lady,' Midnight thought, recalling the hallucinations from the train ride. As he evaded the guard, he only now realized something. ‘Where the fuck am I even going?’ He questioned. He had never been in Canterlot Castle, so right now he felt like a lab rat put into a maze, and as such, he'd just have to wing it. After a few minutes of wandering, he came across another corner, he peeked around, only to see about four guards heading his way.

"Oh fuck me." Midnight cursed. He looked around, trying to find someway to hide from the guards. Only then did he notice the large pair of doors behind him. "How did I-screw it." Midnight resigned, gently opening the doors then slipping in, silently closing them behind himself. As the door was securely shut, he turned around to check the room he was hiding in. What he saw, however, caused him to lock up as Princess Celestia herself was right before him. It seemed that he had taken refuge in her private chambers as she was brushing her entrancing hair. Now she had abruptly stopped and was now looking at Midnight, still in mid-brush. 'Oh... shit.' The two stared in unwavering silence at each other for a moment, Celestia, was trying to figure out who this pony was that had just barged in on her, and Midnight too petrified with fear to even blink.

Celestia was the first to move. She set her brush down on the table, turned away from the mirror and got up from the stool she was sitting on, raising to her full height, facing the stallion. Talking to seven foot guards was one thing, but confronting a TEN foot tall princess of Equestria was something completely different.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" She asked, talking in a gentle, yet, authoritative tone. Midnight loudly gulped.

"I-I'm, my name i-is M-Midnight Sight. I needed t-to talk to you a-about something." Midnight was sweating bullets. It almost felt as though he was standing in front of one of the animatronics. Celestia's expression soften a little, maybe she saw he wasn't a threat?

"And what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked in the same gentle tone. Midnight could feel the fear begin to lift off his shoulders.

"Um, I wanted to ask some things about, um, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza." Once the words left his mouth. There was a noticeable shift in the atmosphere around them. Celestia stayed silent for a moment, simply looking at Midnight.

"And... what is it that you want to know about Freddy's?" She asked.

"It's about... I know this sounds stupid, but, it's about the animatronics and their... nightly behavior," Midnight stated. Celestia just stood there for a moment, hoping that this wasn't a waste of her time. She raised an eyebrow in confusion when Midnight mentioned 'nightly behavior'. Midnight on the other hand was hoping that the princess didn't see this as a waste of time. He most likely wouldn't be able to get answers any other way. He didn't know where the previous guard lived, there was his employer however, but he seemed to have vanished ever since Midnight took the job. Princess Celestia was the best, and only source he had right now; the library would've been another option, if Tirek hadn't blown it to bits.

Celestia simply just silently walked towards her bed, sitting down at the edge.

"Come, have a seat." She said, patting down beside herself.

'I... was expecting a lot of things, but this is not one of them,' Midnight thought. He certainly didn’t think he would end up to where the princess would allow him to sit on her bed, next to her at that. Gingerly, he made his way to the bed, slowly sitting down next to her. The bed was quite massive, Midnight's legs didn't even touch the floor, but it accommodated Celestia’s massive hight quite perfectly

"So," she began, "I want to ask you something, why does it seem like you snuck into my room?" Midnight's face lost its color at the question.

"Well, I... um..." 'Fuck me,' "well... the guards wouldn't... let me in, so I... snuck in. So I could talk to you about the... animatronics." Midnight answered sheepishly, but wholeheartedly truthful as he shied away from her gaze. He didn't know if the princess could see through lies or not, but he was not willing to risk it.

"I see," Celestia simply stated, "So what you're asking me is that important?"

"Y-yes," Midnight answered. Celestia just nodded her head, understanding.

"So, what is this 'nightly behaviors' of the animatronics you’re referring to?"

"Well... you see, I work the nightshift there, at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. At night though, the animatronics start to walk around. The bad part is that if they see me, they won't recognize me as a pony. They'll only see me as ‘a metal endoskeleton without its costume on’, and because of that, they'll try to capture me and stuff me into a suit. Since the suits are filled with electronic devices, I'll be crushed and killed in the process. I've been going through this for two nights now, and I want to know why the animatronics seem to have a mind of their own." Midnight summed it all up. Celestia just stared at him with surprise, when he said nightly behavior, she was thinking some sort of malfunction in the characters. But from his recounting, it sounded like Midnight was dealing with living things that knew no better. "So... do you have an answer for this?" Midnight asked, hoping she did. Celestia sighed, looking away from him.

"I wish I did, but not even I or Luna know everything," She said sadly. She turned back towards him. "But why do you assume that they will try to do this? And that they will kill you?"

"Oh yeah... the previous guard told me through a recording he leaves every night," Midnight answered. Celestia looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, I may not have the answers, but we could figure something out. Do you think you can somehow bring me the messages?"

"I don't... oh actually, I have a little recorder at my house, I could record them then bring them to you," Midnight answered, now he may be getting somewhere.

"That would work. And bring anything else that will be useful." Celestia said, as they both got up from the bed.

"Well, I guess I should leave, my shift starts in a few hours. Just need to make sure I don't get caught." Midnight said, the last bit in a hushed tone.

"You don't need to worry about that," Celestia stated. Before Midnight could question what she meant, in a bright flash, Midnight found himself back in his home, albeit, slightly dazed.

"Oh fuck," Midnight said, almost falling backwards. "So that's how it feels to teleport. Fuck," he stated, trying to regain his balance. Though he was still dazed, he had a clear goal in mind. Now he had a true reason for returning to Freddy's, not to get a crappy pay, no, now it's to find the truth of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

-------------------------------------

Midnight got settled in his office, placing his recorder next the phone, awaiting the phone guy's recording. While he waited, he flipped on the tablet, and checked the cameras. So far, everyone was in their rightful place, but Midnight knew that would change very soon, hearing the phone go off, he set the tablet down, turned on his recorder and listened to the message.

"Hello, hello? Hey, you are doing great, most ponies don't last up to the third night. N-not that they died or anything, what I'm saying is that they, um, moved onto other things by now."

"Yeah, like the after life." Midnight said, pulling the tablet back up, seeing that Chica had left already. "Fucking hell."

"I... didn't mean to make it sound like they died. Well, I'll try not to take up too much time, tonight is when things get real."

"Thanks for the confidence boost," Midnight said. After some searching, he had found Chica in the restroom.

"Hey, uh... I have an idea." Midnight turned his head towards the phone, wanting to hear his suggestion. "If you get caught, and want to avoid getting stuffed into a suit, then, um, go limp, you know, play dead. Maybe then, they'll just think you're a costume without a endoskeleton instead of a skeleton without a suit."

"Would that seriously fucking work?"

"Well, uh, then again, they then might try to stuff a metal endoskeleton into you... I wonder how that would work. Yeah, scratch that, it's just better not to get caught."

"Yeah, fuck that, I'd much rather be stuffed into a suit then have a second skeleton inside of me." He shuddered at the thought, but thankfully the phone guy continued, taking his mind away from the scenario.

"Also, I've noticed Freddy seems to work somewhat like Foxy."

"Foxy? You mean the pirate fuck?"

"He seems to only move if you don't keep a good eye on him, he once moved from the stage, but since I kept watching him, he never moved from the dining area. So, yeah, I hope that helps out some."

"Oh yeah, that's seriously helpful." Midnight sated, checking the cameras, Bonnie was now in the back stage and Foxy was peeking out of the curtains.

"One last thing, you know the rules paper in the east hall? Near the door? I've notice it... change every once in a while. I don't know if its just me, but if it happens to you too, it's better to take a picture instead of trying to read it right now. Just press the little button on the side of the tablet to take a screenshot. So be sure to look out for that if you can."

"The rules, huh?" Midnight questioned, switching to the the halls corner camera. Though they were still the same rules.

"So yeah, I'll leave you to it, see you on the flip side." With that, the message ended. Midnight switched off his recorder, setting it aside.

"I see you've come to your senses with the 'goodnight' bull." Midnight commented, checking the camera once more. Midnight nearly had another heart attack when he saw Bonnie's face near the camera with her black eyes and white pinprick pupils. He cursed silently as he checked to see where Chica had gone, soon finding her in the east hall. Foxy was still peeking out of the curtains, and Freddy was still on the show stage, looking at the camera. "You are staying there, you fucking bastard," Midnight said through clenched teeth as he set the tablet down. He checked the lights of the east hall, making sure Chica wasn't there. After a moment, he brought the tablet back up, Bonnie was in the closet, Chica was in the east hall corner, and Foxy and Freddy were still in their place.

"Damn these robots!" Midnight said, setting the tablet down and rubbing his face. Though he came here on his own accord, it doesn't mean that he likes this place, nopony would. He quickly checked the lights, realizing how long he had not checked the camera. Just as he predicted, Bonnie was at the door, peering in. With quick reflexes, he pushed the door button, slamming the magnetic door shut on the rabbit. Checking the right light, he saw Chika, looking through the window. "Fuck!" Midnight cursed, slamming the button down and closing the door. Now he was truly trapped in his office, two animatronics waiting for him outside of the door, and two others waiting for the opportunity to strike. After about a minute of waiting, he checked the left door light to see if Bonnie was still there, sure enough, her shadow appeared through the glass.

"Here's an idea, Bonnie," Midnight began, "go fuck yourself away from the door!" He said, however, the robotic rabbit didn't even move an inch. He switched the light off, checking on Chica. "And you, go serve yourself to some griffons, I'm sure they would enjoy some cooked bird." He said, but Chica simply stared at him. "Actually, I never noticed how derpy you look," Midnight said. With Chica having her mouth hang open, and one eye not even entirely focused on him, it did give her a derpy look. "I'm not making fun of Derpy at all, she's a great friend. You on the other hand, you are retarded as fuck." He said, getting close to the glass, probably not the safest thing to do, but he felt like taunting the death that awaited him.

Only then did he notice his recorder from the bottom of his vision, his eyes widened as an idea struck him. He picked the recorder up and turned it on.

"So, Chica," He began, "why is it that you don't see me as a pony?" He asked, though this only produced a groan from her. "For fucks-, I KNOW you can talk, you are programmed to sing, so, TALK! Sing like the creepy-ass bird that you are!" Midnight demanded. He yelped and jumped back when Chica pounded on the glass, letting out a small screech. Midnight sighed, this wasn't going to get anywhere. "Fuck you." He simply said flipping the bird, turning the light off and ending his recording session. He sat back down on his chair, only then realizing something very bad. He hadn't checked Foxy or Freddy. A deep laugh echoed throughout the building, most likely signaling a certain gruesome death. "Shit!" Midnight screamed out checking the cameras, Foxy was running down the hall, but it wasn't too worrisome, the door was closed anyway.

But what did worry Midnight was the fact that Freddy was gone. He switched to the nearest place that he could have gone, the dining area. There he was, looking at the camera from the end of the room, with white pinpricks

"Oh you fucking creepy bastard." Midnight said, just as Foxy banged on the door a couple of times before leaving. Midnight set the tablet back down, he checked the left light, seeing Bonnie was now gone, allowing him to safely open the door. Checking the right, Chica was no longer there, allowing him to now have both doors open. He picked up the tablet and flipped though the cameras, Foxy was back on his little home with the curtains closed, Bonnie was in the dining area, along with Freddy, and Chica was in the restroom. However, when he was flipping through the screens, he noticed something in the east hall corner. The rules were gone, instead, replaced with some sort of news article. He raised his eyebrow, taking a screenshot and saving it for later, right now, he needed to survive.

He realized he had not even checked his progress at all this night. Looking at the monitor, it read 5 AM, and the power read...

"Oh no..." Midnight said dreadfully, there on the monitor, was his power. 1%. Just then, everything suddenly shut off, a humming sound was heard that slowly died down, the office was pitch black, Midnight only able to see now with his talent. "No... no, no, no, nonononoNONONONO! I was so close!" Midnight panicked, pulling his ears down, feeling his heart start to pound. The slow sound of footsteps could be heard, becoming louder and louder with every step that was taken. Midnight was sure this was how it ended, his life, over in the suit of an animatronic.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the flashing face of Freddy, playing what seemed to be ironic, joyful music. Midnight only moved his eyes to look at Freddy, too frozen with fear to move. Tears started forming at the corners of his eyes, it was only seconds now. Midnight screamed and brought his arms up in front of his face as a loud sound was heard. He shut his eyes tightly, anticipating the worst, however, nothing happened. Midnight slowly opened an eye, seeing that he was still in the office, and seeing that Freddy has gone. Only then did he realize that the loud sound was the alarm, signaling 6 AM. Midnight looked around, then placing a hand on his chest, he then felt his own face. A small smile appeared on his face, which then turned into a huge smile. He let out a pained laugh, he was alive, he had never felt so happy to be alive.

Tonight was the closest he had ever been to death, with Freddy just inches away from him. He took his things and sprinted out of the now powered down office. Once he reached the main door, he looked back at the robots on the stage.

"Fuck all of you!" He said, leaving the building and slamming the door shut. He was just out of earshot to hear Freddy laugh.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone it's Ravings the Rabbid here!

Night three has come and gone, and Midnight is now seeking the truth of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Anyway, I wanted to thank Corruption for the idea of Midnight trying to talk to the animatronics. Also, who the hell put this in the no originality group?! Look, there may not seem to be any originality in the first few chapters, but there will be soon, I always make sure my stories have some form of originality (except one-shots, but that's different). So yeah. Also, I may not be able to get Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo: Of Ponies and Nose Hair updated this weekend, this chapter alone took much of my time. Sorry.

Until then, see ya guys next time!