• Published 9th Sep 2014
  • 3,437 Views, 148 Comments

Five Nights at Freddy's: Finding the Truth - Ravings1



A young stallion starts working at a new pizzeria, but finds it to be more complex then a simple night watch.

  • ...
20
 148
 3,437

Night 4

"What the fuck..." Midnight flatly stated. After a quick nap, Midnight printed out the mysterious photo that had replaced the rules sign in the west hall. Upon closer examination, it turned out to be an older clipping from a newspaper from an issue before he was even born. He had just finished reading it and apparently two kids were lured back stage by what was assumed to be a pony in a costume. Though the suspect was found, the children, however, were not. With this in mind, Midnight believed that the pony they arrested was innocent, because the animatronics themselves were responsible for the murders. The pegasus shuddered at the fact. "Fucking robots. This pretty much proves that they know what they're doing, this isn't some accident."

He looked over at the clock hanging on the wall, it was 10:32 PM, his shift started in about an hour and a half. He normally would do something to kill time like watch tv or play games, but he couldn’t think of anything to do so tonight. He looked back at the news article, then looked out the window.

"Ah fuck it," he stated, saving the picture in a random folder, closed his laptop, grabbed his recorder and for once his phone, and finally left his home. Once he locked the door, he headed towards Freddy's, it wasn't his shift quite yet, but he needed to do something to pass the time for now. Slowly walking through the nightlife of Ponyville, he took his time admiring everything; the colorful buildings, the green nature, the castle of a tree house that was Princess Twilight's new palace, he took it all in, as it may be the last time he ever would. It’s the fourth night now, Freddy and his friends would be very active tonight. He almost felt like a prisoner on death row, walking towards his execution. If he were to survive this night, tomorrow would be night five and his final shift of the week, which brought up a frightening possibility.

Would Freddy and the others become increasingly active as the year went on? To the point where as soon as he got settled into his office, would die on the spot? No, that couldn't be the case. If it was, then the phone guy would have been long since dead. Granted, Midnight had no idea how long he had been working, but it sure as hell was much longer than one week, as phone guy did say he was finishing up his last week. So, maybe the characters reset every week, like between the weekends, when he isn't there. Midnight hoped that was the case, he had no idea how long it would take him to figure out the evil lurking in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

Once he was finally at the main entrance, he opened the doors and made his way inside. He could see kids, adults and families still hanging around the place this late at night. In the arcade, he could make out three fillies and a colt crowded around a fighting game. The Cutie Mark Cadavers or something, he couldn't exactly remember. A couple of his friends were gathered around a table having a pleasant conversation. He pondered going over there and saying ‘hi’ to Lyra and Bon Bon, but in the end, the pegasus was in no mood what-so-ever for chatting as he spotted the source of his torment. At the end of the dining room, he could see the hell spawns themselves, Freddy and his friends.

They seemed to have noticed him as well, as they all inconspicuously glared at him for a moment, before resuming their song routine. They almost looked like they wanted to drop the act and finally capture him. But in all honesty, what’s stopping them? Psychopathic robots from hell have no problem trying to kill ponies in one of the most horrific ways possible, why would they care if ponies watched? They were just very basic computers that can’t comprehend consequences beyond their immediate actions. However, it almost seemed like there was something else behind these things, a higher intelligence beyond simple programming that couldn’t differentiate between another naked animatronic and a living pony. Everything they do is too methodical, too competent to be mindless killing. So why don’t they attack him right here, right now?

Midnight silently growled while shaking his head, having a newfound hatred towards the animatronics after the discovery of the news article. Without saying a word, he went up to the nearest empty table and sat down, waiting for his shift. As the minutes ticked closer to the start of his death sentence, the pegasus grew more and more thirsty, and free drinks was one of the few perks of the job. As he stood up and sauntered over to the soda machine, he could see the animatronics take glances at him from time to time out of the corner of his eye. He did his best to ignore them, which was, surprisingly, not the easiest thing to do.

After getting a simple cup of water, he went back to his table and took a few sips. Looking at the clock, he saw it was 11:19 PM, everypony should have been getting ready to go a few minutes ago.

"Where is the guy that tells everyone to leave?" Midnights asked to himself, looking behind him. There is usually a guy that makes sure everypony leaves before twelve, but he didn't seem to be around today. Midnight could only think of three possible answers, one; he was sick. Two; he quit, or three; he was now in a suit, Midnight was leaning towards the third option, because he could see that happening to the poor guy. Taking a final drink, he got up from his seat, about to tell everyone its time to leave. He wasn't the pony to ruin the children's fun, but it was only for their own safety. As he was about to tell them, he heard the door open, and looking towards it, he couldn't believe his eyes.

It was Princess Twilight and her friends. What were they doing here, especially at this hour? He swore, at of the corner of his vision, he could see Freddy flash a grin, as if he wanted to do something with these girls. Again, what was it’s ulterior motive? What was the reason? Why? After regaining his composure, he quickly confronted the six.

"Sorry girls, but its almost closing time, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave," he said. There was a notable change in their attitude.

"Oh, c'mon! It's our first time here!" Rainbow Dash complained, throwing her hands in the air.

'Yeah, and it would be your last' Midnight thought. "Believe me, I'm sorry, but rules are rules."

"But, maybe we can have special permission?" Twilight asked, Midnight sighed, of course she would pull the princess card.

"Sorry princess, but I can't allow that," he responded, rubbing his head.

"And why not?" Rainbow, of course, asked.

"Because..." Midnight took a moment to think of a good excuse, "cause, it's the rules, and there is no exception to them. I’m only a night guard and have no authority to allow anything otherwise."

"Yeah right," Rainbow stated, already walking past.

"Rainbow Da-, please..." Midnight said, reaching out and grabbing her by the shoulder, however, she shook it off.

"If it's time to close, then why are they doing here?!" She asked a hint of hostility, gesturing towards the ponies still in the building.

"I was about to let them know it was time to leave but then you six came in!" Midnight replied, his own anger rising. Rainbow was about to prolong the augment, but Twilight laid a hand on her shoulder.

"Let's just go Rainbow, we can come back tomorrow," She suggested. The rainbow mare grumbled a bit as she walked past the cyan pegasus, bumping his shoulder out of spite.

"Can we at least get those four?" Rarity asked, pointing towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Midnight’s gaze followed her gesture over to the small group, going over it in his head.

"Yes, you can." With that said, she and Applejack walked past him towards the four. Once they reached them and told them the news, audible groans of disappointment followed. And as they finally regrouped, they all started to leave the building. Midnight watched as they were heading out.

"I'm only doing this for your lives," he said under his breath, turning around. Twilight's ear twitched, as if she heard what Midnight had said. She glanced back at him with a raised eyebrow for a moment before turning back and catching up with her friends. "Alright everypony, it's closing time," He announced to the crowd, he children all groaned in disappointment. "I hate to ruin your fun, but you know the rules." Midnight looked back at the clock, 11:31, he only had a few minutes to make sure everyone was out and safe.

"You heard the stallion folks!" Freddy called out with a disturbingly cheerful voice, startling Midnight.

'How did he understand-.'

"But be sure to come back tomorrow for more great fun!" The robot said, gaining cheers from the kids.

'Great fun my flank,' One after another, the adults gathered their children, and the older children gathered with their friends and headed out.

"Hey Midnight!" Midnight turned around, only to be assaulted by Lyra's hug. "I didn't know you worked here," she said, releasing him from the hug.

"Yeah, I actually got the job a few days ago," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Is everything alright Midnight, we haven't seen you for a while," Bon Bon asked, coming up next to Lyra.

"Yeah, everything’s good. This job has just been... tiring, it pays... decently though," Midnight lied, he didn't want his friends to worry over what he was going through. He took another glance at the clock. "Hey, can we talk about this tomorrow? My shift starts in a few minutes."

"Sure," Lyra replied, hugging him goodbye along with Bon Bon, Midnight happily returned the hug. "See you tomorrow, Midnight!" Lyra said, waving goodbye.

"See you," He said, waving back to them. "Hopefully," He silently said. Once the last of the ponies were out, he locked the doors and headed towards his office, not without looking over the "powered down" animatronics. "You may be able to fool them, but I know you are evil bitches." He said, running towards his office, not wanting to be out in the open with them wandering about.

-------------------------------------

It wasn’t long before midnight struck, leaving Midnight to fend himself with limited power from murderous animatronics. Without wasting any time, he picked up the tablet, finding that Chica had already left the stage.

"Holy fuck!" Midnight commented, the animatronics were already on the move. Just then, the phone went off, Midnight put the tablet down, placed his recorder near the phone, turned it on, and listened to tonight's message.

"Hello, hello? Hey, wow, night four, wow. I, uh, always knew you could do it."

"Why does he sound so nervous?" Midnight wondered, picking the tablet back up, looking for Chica.

"Hey, uh, I... may not be around to leave a message... tomorrow."

"Wait, what, why?" the stallion questioned, finding that Chica was rummaging in the kitchen. Just then, he heard some banging sounds, worried, he checked on the other animatronics. Foxy was still in his little home, and Bonnie and Freddy were still on the stage. "Wait, was that from the call?"

"It's been a, um, really bad night here... for me. I'm, uh, actually kinda glad I recorded those messages when... uh, when I did."

"Oh, don't tell me..." Midnight said in response to the recording, just as the camera cut out.

"Hey, maybe you... can do me a favor,-" more banging came from the recording, "-maybe, sometime, you can check, uh, in the costumes in the , um, back stage,-" more banging, "-I-I'm gonna to try and hold out until somepony does. Maybe... maybe it won't be so bad... in one of those, um, suits." Midnight's eyes widened at what the phone guy said. He was going to be killed. The banging promptly returned. "I-I-I always wondered... what's in all those empty heads... back there." Music then started playing through the phone over the call, Midnight instantly recognized it. Of course he would recognize it, he would never be able to forget that haunting, maddening ringing of the music box so as long as he would live. It was the same music from his encounter with Freddy after the power went out. "Oh..." If it couldn't get any worse for the poor guy, a painfully familiar groaning was then heard. "Oh no..." an inequinnean screech cut him off, as the call suddenly ended.

Midnight just sat there in stunned silence, almost forgetting to shut off his recorder.

"Fuck... fuck, FUCK!" He yelled out. The one pony that had been doing this much longer than him was now, no, has been dead, which was not a good omen for Midnight. Not only that, but his only aid in all of this was gone as well. Unable to spare any time to pity the phone guy, Midnight went back to his own duties to survive the night and not fall to the same fate. Checking the east hall corner, he found Bonnie there, but something was horribly wrong. Bonnie's head was twitching and spazzing out, her head would snap towards the camera, then away. Not only that, but he could hear the same robotic mumbling from his hallucinations coming from her.

"Dear Celestia, you possessed fuck," Midnight mumbled in shock, though he sounded angry, he was absolutely terrified of Bonnie's current behavior. Switching away from the demonic rabbit, Midnight moved on to Foxy, who was already peeking out of the curtains. Next came Freddy, who was staring at into the camera. Midnight disregarded it, though, as he searched for Chica, who appeared to be still in the kitchen. Setting the tablet down, he checked the west hall light, just as expected, Bonnie was peering in to the best of her abilities, considering she was still twitching. In a swift motion, Midnight slammed the door shut, still able to see her twitching form of her shadow.

"What the hell is going on now?" he questioned, "Why is that rabbit doing this?" he groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "What the fuck is going on?" He picked the tablet and checked the opposite hall corner, checking if Chica was there, fortunately she wasn't, but something else was instead. "Another article!" Midnight almost squealed in delight. After regaining himself, he quickly took another screenshot, hoping to get some more answers out of it. As soon as he was done taking the picture, the camera cut out, and resumed shortly after with Chica now there, twitching like Bonnie.

"Oh you fucking creepy fucks," Midnight whined in fear as he set the tablet down, checking the light for Bonnie, seeing that she was now gone thus allowing him to open the door. Just then, a deep, hollow laugh echoed throughout the building. "Fuck," he simply said, checking the dining room, finding Bonnie and Freddy there. Checking up on Pirate Cove, Foxy was already poking out of the curtain. "Celestia, can this night get any worse?" he questioned. Night four, and the animatronics were extremely active in the first few hours. It can only get better on the fifth night.

As he lowered the tablet, he checked the two lights, only to be met with pure horror. Chica was right there, screeching into his face. Midnight screamed out in fright, bringing the tablet up to his face, in a vain effort to shield himself. After a moment though, nothing had even happened to Midnight, he slowly brought the tablet down, only to see that the robotic chicken was gone. He looked around in both confusion and gratefulness, only then realizing what had happened. He let out an angered huff, setting the tablet down and putting his face into his hands.

"Celestia... damn these hallucinations!" he cried out, leaning back up and slamming his fists down on the desk. Still in his fit of rage, he closed the right door, not even checking if Chica was there. After taking a small moment to regain his composure, he picked the tablet back up, checking on Foxy, only to see he was already out. But on the sign that once read ‘Sorry, out of order’, now shows ’IT'S ME’. "What in the everliving fuck?" he questioned, closing the door just as the fox started banging on it. After the incessant banging stopped, Midnight checked the lights, seeing that both were free of animatronics, allowing him to open them and conserve what little power he had left then, 42% at 3:47 AM.

Checking the on the rest, Bonnie was in the closet, Chica was in the restrooms, and Freddy was still in the dining area. Once he was through with his check, he turned off the tablet’s screen to try and conserve power. After a moment, he picked the tablet up once more. Chica had moved from the restrooms and now heading down the hall, Foxy was back behind the curtains poking his head out, and Freddy was still in the dining room where Midnight hoped it stayed there. When looking for Bonnie though, Midnight checked the the backstage only to send chills down his spine.

All the animatronic heads were looking at the camera, even the naked endo-skeleton had its head looking towards it.

"Can this place get any more creepy?" he stated, hoping that it would not be answered as he switched away from the back stage. After a bit of flipping through the camera feeds, he eventually found Bonnie in the hall, under a flickering light. Before setting the tablet back down, he checked the east hall corner, wanting to make sure Chica was not yet there. What he did see though brought a small smile to his face, it was yet another article. He promptly took another screenshot, just as he heard another laugh echo through the halls. Midnight's eyes widened as he desperately searched for Freddy. He calmed down a bit when he found him in the restrooms, peeking around the corner from inside of the female’s room.

He was about to set the tablet down, but erred in favor of keeping tabs on his hunters. When he checked on Foxy though, the pirate was already out yet again forcing Midnight to slam his fist against the door button. While waiting for the fox, Midnight checked the east hall light, seeing Chica through the window, still as twitchy as ever.

"Fuck you, Chica," Midnight said, closing the door on the chicken. He then pulled out his phone and brought up the camera. He set his phone up against a small stack of books to keep it upright, giving it a clear view of Chica. All the while, Foxy had started banging on the door once more. Out of the corner of his eyes, Midnight saw his power jump down from 19% to 13%. "Wait, what?! Can Foxy drain my power?!" Midnight questioned, "Great, fucking great!" he said, starting to record Chica. Moving his attention back to the fox, he had quickly retreated back to his home in Pirate Cove. Foxy more than likely screwed him over this night with his power draining trick.

While he was recording Chica, he checked up on the cameras again, checking on Freddy first, who was still in the restrooms. Foxy was peeking out of the curtains again, and Bonnie over in the west hall corner. He brought the tablet down, seeing that the light for the east hall had turned off. Confused, Midnight turned it back on, only to see Chica had slipped away. With her absence, Midnight opened the door and stopped the video recorder on his phone. Just as Midnight was about to check the west hall light for Bonnie, all the power suddenly cut out. All of the lights died along with the gentle humming of the ventilation systems winding down. Midnight just sat there biting his lip, eyes wide with pure fear and in mid-motion to turn on the light.

"Fuck!" Midnight yelled out, dragging out the f. He sat back into his chair, hearing the slow padding of footsteps nearing his left door. With nothing stopping him, Freddy finally reached the door, his face lighting up to the tune of his little song. Midnight just sat there, looking Freddy in the eyes silently hoping that Luna would answer his pleas and live to hear the alarm strike 6 AM. He had no idea what time it was either, and he was too scared to move his head to check.

Tears were forming in the corners of his eyes as Freddy’s demented lullaby started to come to an end. ‘This is it, this is how I die...’ Midnight screamed internally, knowing his death will not be a pleasant one. In that moment, he wondered how his friends would react, how his family would take the news of his grisly death. He regretted not asking his crush out, or calling his parents one last time. Like all ponies, Midnight had many regrets, all of which he would take to his grave. He cried out in sheer agony, for that moment, he did not know what he heard first; the horrible screech, or the alarm.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, it's Ravings the Rabbid here!

You may have already seen this in the description, but I don't care. Very special thanks to Snoman for editing, seriously, this fanfic wouldn't be half as good without him/her.

Also, I noticed something with my OC character.

Midnght Sight
Mike Schmidt

I swear, I did not intend this.

One last thing, I did change something in the first chapter. It's the span of years of Freddy's, instead of Phone Guy saying twenty years, he says thirty-five now, as it fits better for what I have in mind for this story.

So, until then, see ya guys next time!