• ...
3
 28
 3,356

Chapter 6: Noveria

Noveria -- City gates -- Day 4

"Uhg.. I need a break..", Applejack said, as they trotted into the snowy city.

"I couldn't agree more, darling.", Rarity groaned.

"Well, we can get a decent nights sleep here in Noveria. I'm surprised we travelled this far.", Twilight was smiling as they plotted themselves near a hotel; The Noveria Estate.

"Yeah.. Now, can we get some rest? I'm tired!", Spike lightly yelled as they slowly opened the door of the hotel.

As they entered, they were greeted by a large, brown, stallion. The room around the stallion was decorate; with gilded lanterns and large golden poles that held up the upper floor. The stairs were trimmed with crimson velvet carpets that lead all the way up them. The counters and tables were all marble with mahogany carvings for their supports.

"Hello, fillies and gentlecolts.", The large stallion said; with a monotone, but high class, voice.

"Oh, hello there, darling. Where's the nearest check in? I'd love to get a room.", Rarity went up to him, looking him in his large, turquoise, eyes.

"Oh, well, just right over there, ma'dam.", The 'greeter' pointed over to the marble counter-top 'check ins' over to the left of the entrance.

"Thank you, darling!", Rarity immediately pushed everypony, and Spike, over to the check in counter.

"Good evening. How may I help you?", a grey maned pony smiled as she stared at the large group.

"Yes, a beautiful suite with all the luxuries a girl could ever ask for!", Rarity's eyes gleamed as she spoke. Everypony behind her just rolled their eyes.

"You realise that'll cost 500 bits, right?", The mare said.

"500 bits?!", Twilight gasped.

"We can't afford that Rarity. That's just too much.", Rarity turned around to face Twilight.

"We can! Wario!", She pointed a hoof to Wario.

"Do you still have that gold you found?!", Wario hissed at her as Rarity asked.

"I ain't given up any of my gold! Back off!", Wario held onto his hat tightly.

"But... Wariooooo! Puh-leeease! Rarity wants a beautiful rooo-ooom! A room where we can all re-laaaax!", Rarity complained.

"No way!", Wario growled.

"Why do you get to have all the gold and not I...?! Why can't we stay in a room with luxuries and not uuuuus?!", Rarity whined further.

"Shut up!", Wario yelled, annoyed. Even the check in mare was folding down her ears.

"Warrrrioooo!", Rarity groaned once more.

"FINE!", Wario took off his hat and threw a large piece of gold at her.

"Thank you, darling.", Rarity turned around and placed it onto the counter.

"Is this suffice?", She asked.

"Hmm..", the check in mare picked it up and inspected it further.

"I believe it'll have to do. Here's your key.", The grey-maned mare gave her a large, gold, key, and Rarity immediately pushed everyone up the stairs.

Noveria -- Noveria Estate, room 501 -- Day 5


"Now that was beauty sleep!", Rarity sat up on her bed. Everypony else was already awake.

"We've been awake for two hours, waiting for you, Rarity. We need to head out, now. Don't have any time to waste." Twilight said, as she stood up. Everypony else stood up as well.

"What about breakfast?", Rarity asked.

"I have some muffins. Cherry flavoured. They'll do us good. Full of fibre and energy.", Twilight lifted a plate with her magic, and floated it over to Rarity. Wario and Waluigi just watched in awe.

"Wish I had magic..", Wario whispered to his brother.

"Now then, get ready and lets go. No time to waste.", Twilight and the group headed out of the hotel room immediately, and waited in the lobby.

It took over twenty minutes for Rarity to finally come out of the room. She was wearing a purple scarf with diamonds stitched in it. Seems like an over-fashion statement.

"Finally. Let's get out of here.", Rainbow Dash said.

They walked out and a lot of the residence started to rush into their houses. Everypony was wide eyed as they saw this.

"What are you ponies doing? Get inside! A storm is on its way!", a blue pegasus yelled as he flew upwards towards the sky.

"A storm?!", The group gapped their mouths as they saw it.

There, in the distance, was a large snow storm. It was shooting out bolts of lightning and bring hail. The winds of the storm were rushing into the city; blowing all the snow in a large, upward current. But, something seemed odd about the storm. There was somepony flying in the middle of it.

"Is that a pegasus in there?", Rainbow Dash gave a queer look as she stared.

"It's STORM HARBINGER! Everypony! RUUUUN!", screams of terror flew within the city.

"Gahahahaha! Prepare to meet your maker!", a loud, booming, voice echoed from the storm clouds as they neared. The currents of the wind were blowing blinds and banners everywhere. The snow was whirling around the city in a large white-out.

"Blitz! We have to stop that guy!", Rainbow Dash said. Shadowflash nodded and they both shot upwards to 'Storm Harbinger'.

"Back off, you pathetic worms!", Storm Harbinger started to launch massive icicles at the two pegasi's.

Shadowflash avoided them, but unfortunately, Rainbow Dash dropped to the ground. Shadowflash continued his ascending journey to Storm Harbinger, avoiding the large ice bolts that whipped towards him.

"You don't give up, do you? Why not suffer a bit of DEEP FREEZE!", Storm Harbinger lowered the clouds upon Shadowflash.

Whirlwinds formed around him and ice started to form. Shadowflash lost his breath and the air was getting thicker, and, colder. Ice wrapped around his rearlimbs, up to his abdomen, then to his chest, finally: he was encased in ice and plummeted to the earth.

"Blitzy!", Rainbow yelled as Blitz landed in a large mound of snow.

"Gahahaha! Useless trash!", Storm Harbinger lowered herself. The whirlwinds died a little, but the wind stayed its speed.

"So, Clairvoyance told me you're being a nuisance? Hmhm.. Looks like Clairvoyance will have fun with this guy...", Storm Harbinger placed his hooves on the iced Shadowflash.

"NO!", Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Get any closer, and I'll shatter him into a million pieces!", Storm Harbinger threatened.

"Please.. We'll do anything.. Just don't hurt him..", Rainbow Dash pleaded.

"Head back to Ponyville. Forget your Princess. And send those idiots back to where they came!", Storm Harbinger was pointing at Wario and Waluigi.

"Twilight..", Rainbow Dash begged to Twilight for her to oblige.

"No.", Wario answered. Twilight was stunned.

"'No'?!", Rainbow Dash and Storm Harbinger yelled.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!", Wario yelled.

"Then he'll die! Turn back now!", Storm Harbinger threatened once more.

"I think you're bluffing! I see it in your icey eyes. I've seen when death was near. No one can do it. Not even you! I've had more experience than you in the matter. If you want to rid of him, do it! DO IT!", Wario argued.

Storm Harbinger looked at the iced Shadowflash. He lifted his hooves and was ready to smash him. Wario gave a stern look in Storm's grey eyes. Storm Harbinger was shaking now. He was frightened.

Slowly, Storm lowered his hooves and melted Shadowflash out of ice.

"I.. Can't do it..", The storm died down and most of the snow that was created melted almost immediately.

"I just... I can't..", Storm lowered himself to the ground as Shadowflash came to.

"Blitzy!", Rainbow Dash jumped over to Shadowflash, hugging him tightly.

"I'm.. Sorry..", Storm started to cry a droplet of tear. The tear was red. Like fire.

"It's okay.", Twilight said, nearing him. She lifted his head to hers.

"We all make mistakes.", Twilight smiled. Storm Bringer's tear dropped to the ground: creating a small flame.

"We.. Do...", Storm's hooves started to lock up as stone formed around them.

"What's.. Happening?", Storm questioned.

"You're free; Storm. Let go.", Twilight smiled again. The stone formed further up around Storm's torso.

"T.. Thank you..", Storm's final words echoed in Twilight's mind as he further turned into stone. He was now like Discord: Trapped for eternity.

"Wario..", Twilight turned and faced Wario.

Wario was sitting on his rump, and staring at the ground. His expression was an angry one. Waluigi was sitting beside him; just as confused as Twilight.

"How did y--"

"I always know when someone is bluffing.", Wario cut off Twilight. Twilight only gave a nod. For the next hour; everypony would be as silent as a mouse.