• ...
3
 28
 3,356

Chapter 7: Dragon's Peak

Dragon's Peak -- Unknown Area -- Day 5

"Looks like Storm Harbinger is now gone.", Celestia said with a huff of victory.

"Shut up, you pathetic worm! Just because some of my subjects were defeated doesn't mean I will lose. I am the almighty Clairvoyance. None will defeat me!", Clairvoyance finally turned on some lights within the cave.

The cave was mostly empty, besides the 'altar'. But now Celestia could see what Clairvoyance looked like. Clairvoyance was a pegasus, and had a green coat, with yellow eyes. But, what made him different was that, he's only half pegasus. Half of his body seemed to be made of steel, or other silver-like metals. His left wing was large and sharp; like a shutter shade. The right side of his face was replaced by a red lens with a glowing bulb. His rearlimbs were also replaced by metal.

"My, my, my, Celestia. Never seen an abomination like me before?", Clairvoyance cackled.

"Want to know how I ended up like this?! Because of you!", Clairvoyance yelled at her through the barriers.

"I was a fine colt. I was in Cloudsdale amongst the best fliers! I was going places, lady! Until you showed up that day! That's when I messed up. That's when I fell to the earth that you call Equestria!", Clairvoyance's face was red with anger.

"I broke most of my limbs. I suffered severe brain damage. I was lucky someone bothered to fix me! But, now look at me! I'm a MONSTER!", Clairvoyance flew over to the altar.

"And because of this, I'll do what you did to me. Kill everything you loved! Everything you dreamed of having!", Clairvoyance pressed, what seemed to be, a button.

A large, mechanical, device jutted out of the ground. It extended to the ceiling and pierced through. Large rocks fell and collapsed some of the ceiling; but the device created struts to hold up the rest.

"This is my Solar Emitter! It'll extract the suns energy for the next day or two. Afterwords, I'll release all the energy there is to burn all of Equestria! And then nopony will live for another 10,000 years! Isn't it just perfect?!", Clairvoyance echoed a laugh throughout the cave.

Celestia only stared in awe at the device.

Please.. Twilight.. Hurry.. Celestia thought in pleads.

Dragon's Meadow -- Exiting of Noveria -- Day 5

"Well, good thing is, we're almost there. Bad thing is, we're nearing dragon territory. So; we better be careful everypony.", Spike was reading the map as he looked around the plains.

"Meh.", Waluigi and Wario yawned. It wasn't new danger they were facing.

"So, the area we're going to is called.. Dragon's Peak. That's where Celestia is being held. Dragon's Peak is due Northwest of our location.", Spike gently smacked a claw on the map.

"All right, sugar cube. Smack that map one more time and I oughta --"

"Calm down, AJ. It's just Spike.", Shadowflash gave a re-assuring look as he interrupted Applejack.

"Fine.. Fine..", Applejack sighed and continued forward.

"So, Twilight, how exactly are Wario and Waluigi going to defeat Clairvoyance? Couldn't we use the Elements of Harmony?", Shadowflash asked.

"No. Unfortunately, they're locked in the Royal Vault. Celestia is the only one who can open it. That's why Luna has sent us to defeat Clairvoyance with the help of the Wario Brothers. They're the only ones with the power to stop his foresight.", Twilight looked at Shadowflash. Shadowflash only nodded.

"Foresight? You mean he predicts our every move?", Waluigi asked.

"Yes. Why do you think we've been fighting off crazy ponies these last few days? He's sending them to us.", Twilight looked back at Waluigi.

"Uhg. It's Kamek all over again. Only this time, we don't have to fight Bowser for our failures.", Wario grunted in anger.

"Kamek?", Twilight inquired.

"Some stupid witch.. Wizard.. I don't know. She always knew our next move. The only way to stop her was to destroy the thing she used. Her wand.", Waluigi answered.

"Her wand... Maybe... Clairvoyance has something that allows him to see our next move? It's a possibility we can't let down on!", Twilight exclaimed in excitement.

"We're nearing the base of Dragon's Peak.", Spike said. Seemed like he was out of it.

The group of ponies looked up at the large mountain. It jutted upwards into the sky. There was a path that lead directly into a large cave, then above the entrance, there was a spiralling path. Looks like this was it.

"Dragon's Peak... Well, no turning back.", Twilight said as she started.

"C'mon, Fluttershy! There aren't dragons here!", Rainbow Dash pushed Fluttershy up the slope of a path.

"B-but.. It's dragon territory! W-what if a dragon pops out and eats us?!", Fluttershy nervously tried backing up.

"It may be dragon territory, but this peak has been abandoned for centuries. There are no dragons here, Fluttershy. I promise.", Spike smiled.

"Cross your heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in your eye?!", Pinkie Pie stared in Spike's large eyes.

"Uh, yeah.", He gave a nervous smile.

"O.. O-okay..", Fluttershy proceeded forward, willingly, now.

As they ascended the slope, they neared the cave entrance. The sun was dropping rapidly now and the moon was rising above the horizon. Twilight started to worry for the well being of Luna.

Hold in there, Luna.. I believe in you. Twilight thought.


Dragon's Peak -- Cave One -- Day 6

As they entered the cave, it seemed very small. It was empty; but there were large pillars and stalagmites all around. The proceeded into the dark cave, but thanks to Twilight, she lit up most of it. All their fears were drowning out now. But somepony thought they heard something.

"Twilight.. Did you hear that?", Rainbow Dash shuddered.

"Hear what? The cave is empty.", Twilight answered.

The cave shuddered with wind.

"THAT! Did you hear it?!", Rainbow Dash whispered in a rasp.

"It's wind, Rainbow. Don't you fret about it.", Applejack placed a hoof on her friends back to re-assure her.

"What's wind is wind bellows throughout a cave. But when darkness comes, you'll never speak again!", a voice called out.

"Who's there?!", Twilight and everpony entered a defensive stance.

"Oh, you're too much fun. I've been watching your little journey in my home.", The voice was much like Discord's; when he was giving riddles.

"Discord? But, we trapped you in stone!", Pinkie Pie yelled.

"Oh, I wish I was Discord. He's so .. Beautiful. Let me introduce myself further..", The voice seemed closer to them now; but it still echoed within the cave.

"My name is Darkshadow. Pleasure to meet you all!", Darkshadow was still unseen. Even if Twilight's horn was emitting light.

"I'll tell you what..", The cave entrance was sealed now; and the exit was closed off by a dark barrier.

"If you pass my test; I'll let you through. Fail: you rot in here for eternity!", Darkshadow laughed with a cracking voice.

"What test?!", Twilight asked.

"Fight me in Darkness. No light; or magic. Only Darkness. Beat me: I'll let you leave.", Darkshadow chuckled.

"How are we supposed to fight you if we can't see you.", Rainbow Dash yelled.

"To see darkness; you must first remove your lights. To fight it, you must turn away from fright.", Darkshadow gave a little riddle.

"I won't hurt you, but, if you manage to hit me once; then I will start causing a bit of.. Pain... Hehehe..", Darkshadow laughed quietly.

" 'To see darkness... You must first remove your lights..'", Wario whispered to his brother.

"Are we in some sort of Boo mansion?.. *ahem*", Waluigi spoke up loudly.

"Wario and I will fight you. Nobo--.. Pony.. Else!", Waluigi yelled.

"Guys! We need to wor--"

"No! We know how to stop him.", Waluigi shot a whisper to Twilight; interrupting her.

"Hrm.. Fine, fine. I'll only fight you two. You'll lose anyways.", Darkshadow laughed.

"Put out your light, Twilight.", Wario commanded. She did so; as the entire cave was now darker than the grim reapers heart.