• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 2,157 Views, 132 Comments

Unforgotten - Riddle-Me-Think



The past should not be forgotten, note should it blind us to what the future may hold. With the new change in statuesque between ponies and their new channeling neighbors, the past may be the answer to help set an understanding.

  • ...
8
 132
 2,157

Home at Last

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


Noon had finally come, letting the sun rest over the heads of many in Canterlot and enjoy a rather pleasant day. In the halls of the castle belonging to the celestial sisters, Shining Armor followed one Masquerade, whom was ready to leave.

“Are you sure you want to leave so soon?” Shining Armor asked the black unicorn by his side, “I know you want to get back to Ponyville, but from what I can tell, you need some sleep.”

Using his magic to adjust his reacquired swords from the barracks, Mask gave an unconcerned wave to Shining telling, “Why do you think I asked miss Moonlight about the chariot?” Lightly rubbing his eyes that had slowly developed bags under them, “I know I can’t make the flight back, so I’m having a ride ready for me.”

Giving a doubtful look to the infiltrator, Shining said, “You just want to get back to Twily, don't you?”

“I miss my cuddles…” Mask slightly whined, nearing the entrance outside, “Besides, I would feel better with Twilight around. Her love is quite literally keeping me alive and strong.”

That bit of information always confused the stallion that was Twilight’s older brother. Despite the shows of affection Mask had, there was also the point he fed on Twilight’s love. In a way, it made Shining’s faith in Masquerade’s feeling for his sister to waver from time to time. Still, the unicorn guard captain kept the benefit of a doubt that Mask did mean well.

Making their way outside and towards the two pegasus guards hooked up to a chariot, Shining turned to the darker stallion telling, “Just do me a favor and keep an eye on my sister. Celestia knows how far she goes in her studies.” Without the need to look, he added, “And no, I that isn't what I mean by keeping an eye on her.”

Having a broad grin on his muzzle, Mask said, “Why Armor, I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Getting a glare from the brother of Twilight.

“I think you do.” Shining accused, having a look that promised some form of humiliation if the infiltrator responded in the wrong manner.

Moving past the protective brother and hopping into the back of the chariot, Mask grinned, “Your words and thought’s, not mine.” Chuckling as the two pegasi took off and left their guard caption, who seemed to stew in place.

Watching as they left into the sky, Shining Armor shook his head and muttered, “Irritating infiltrator.” Slightly smiling at the end. As much of an irritation Mask was, Shining had to admit that having him around help liven things up some.


Taking in a fresh breath of air and letting it out, Rarity brought up the cup of tea in her magic to her lips, taking a small sip. Setting it back down, she could not help but voice, “Today has been such a gorgeous day, wouldn't you girls agree?”

All around the seamstress were her other five friends, some taking up a spot on the plaid blanket covered with food, or running about. They all nodded or voiced their own agreements from their places, each one enjoying their time off around each other.

Currently on the blanket was Rarity, Twilight and Fluttershy, mostly snacking away at the food in front of them and having small chats. Off the blanket however, were Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, rushing about and tossing a frisbee to and fro in a small catching game.

“I think we have Rainbow Dash to thank for that, Rarity.” Twilight said knowingly, casting a look to the robin blue pegasus, “She is our local weather manager after all.”

Catching the frisbee with a ready hoof, Rainbow Dash shrugged off, “Eh, it’s no big deal Twi.” Readjusting her grip and throwing the pink disk saying, “There weren't enough clouds for me to get a light work out from. Way too easy.” Grinning cockily at the end.

Doing a headstand, Pinkie knocked the flying disk out of the air with her tail, using her hind-hooves to catch it. With some rather impressive balance, Pinkie rearranged the frisbee with a hoof, spinning it up and sending it off to Apple Jack.

While the farmer jumped to catch the flying object, Rainbow Dash looked on and said, “Pink’s, you’ve got to teach me that trick.”

“Head’s up, RD!” Apple Jack called to the slightly distracted mare, throwing the disk in the pegasus’s direction.

Twilight kept her eyes on the ever moving pink disk, watching it go from one pony to another in nearly quick succession. She considered joining a few times, but also felt just fine watching.

“Rowdy, those three are.” Rarity shook her head as Apple Jack slid in a patch of dirt and grass to catch the frisbee, “Honestly, can they not learn how to act like proper mares now and then?” Looking to her plate to take up a cookie and have a dainty bit of the sugary treat.

With a small smile, Twilight said towards the white mare, “I think we both know the answer to that Rarity.” Ducking last second as she almost got hit by the pink disk fly over her head.

Lighting her horn in it’s crystal blue, Rarity caught the offending item and flicked it back into the trio now scrambling to catch it. Rarity watched in mild amusement as the ‘rabble’ all cried out that they ‘had it’ but utterly miss it a few times.

“I suppose you are right Twilight. They do seem to lack that certain quality for it.” Rarity lightly mused to herself before turning to her pegasus friend, “What about you Fluttershy, what do you think?”

Looking down and finding her hooves a bit more interesting, Fluttershy softly told, “I think they can act more proper. Not that there is anything wrong with how they are.” Slightly shifting her hooves.

Tossing her mane some, Rarity told, “And I am not saying there was anything wrong with it.” Casting her eyes to a slightly more filthy trio, and asserted, “Only that it would not hurt for them to show their more feminine selves.” Gaining a sudden spark in her eyes telling, “Why, I can see some of my dresses that would look quite delightful on them right now!”

Rolling her eyes, Twilight lightly smirked, “Rarity, I don't think Apple Jack, much less Rainbow Dash, would let you get anywhere close with your dresses.” Fighting down the urge to laugh with how the dress maker looked a bit offended.

“It’s nothing personal I’m sure.” An assuring Fluttershy told a slightly distressed mare. Looking thoughtful, Fluttershy said, “Rainbow Dash never really was pony for dresses, even when we were younger.” Not recalling a time her tomboy like friend liked having any amount of cloths.

With the same thoughtful look, Rarity sighed, “Still, it is a shame. That mane of hers could bring out so many options with the cloths I’ve been creating.” Brightening up at the thought adding, “Why, even Roma has been helping me by acting as a model in her free time.”

Having a skeptical look on her features, Twilight questioned, “I thought Roma of all ponies would avoid that sort of thing.” Confused if it was possible for a pony like Roma to put up with Rarity’s fussing over details while working.

Tapping her lip, Rarity nodded, “I found it odd as well. The dear dose not seem the sort to stand around and show off the latest fashion.” Recalling how crass or even bold the mare could be in the face of more finer arts. With a new smile on her lips, Rarity added “Then again, I will admit her ability to transform into other ponies is a great boon in my line of work.”

Tilting her head with slight interest, Twilight asked, “You mean that Roma is modeling for you, as other ponies?” The possible advantages that would come from it.

Nodding in conformation, Rarity told, “Oh yes, she’s been very helpful.” Having a rather gleeful smile on her muzzle. “Why, I haven't been needed to make many changes since she’s taken the time to help!” But got just as thoughtful adding, “She still gives me grief over her choice of words though…”

“Roma has shown to be a rather self asserted pony.” Twilight agreed with her fellow unicorn. “What do you think Fluttershy?”

Slightly pawing at the blanket, the shy mare said, “S-she’s nice…when she isn't being so loud…” Not really at ease around the tomato vender like the rest of her friends.

Coming back from running about, Apple Jack seemed to jump in, “I don't blame ya. Tha’ mare knows how t’ muscle ‘er way ‘round.” Reaching out for a cup to help quench her thirst. After filling and downing the water, the farmer added, “The girl’s somthin’ fierce when tryin' t’ sell her stuff.”

Grimacing at the dirt and grass stains covering her friend, Rarity put on a slightly uneasy smile saying, “Well, in any case, Rome has been a great help lately. I almost feel like I should be thanking our last party for that.”

Seeing the look the white mare was sending her, Apple Jack smirked lightly, teasing, “Somethin’ wrong sugar cube?” Shifting her body about as if ready to jump, “Ya’ll look a bit jumpy from ‘ere.”

With her ears up and alert, Rarity slightly moved back, “Apple Jack?” Not liking how her friend was positioning herself. Or giving her such a devious grin.

Having a small sparkle in her eye, Apple Jack said, “Say, ah got an idea, why dont’cha join in the game Rar?” Turning her head to call out, “Say Dash, Pinkie, what’cha think? Should we get Rar in on the fun?”

“Apple Jack, I feel I must protest!” Rarity denied quickly, “I’m rather fine right here— and look, I am not finished with my meal nor tea.” Pointing out her half eaten cookie and still slightly cooled tea.

Popping up beside Rarity, Pinkie whined, “Aw come on Rarity, it would be super fun!” Bounding away and running in place, “I mean, did you watch how far your toss went? Whoosh!” The excited mare called, swinging a hoof out as if to replay the throw done.

Giving a gentle smile, Fluttershy softly told, “Now Pinkie Pie, I’m sure Rarity just doesn't want to gather stains on her coat for later this evening.” Taking a nibble of a cupcake provided for their little outing.

“Thank you Fluttershy.” Rarity thanked, going back to her tea and half cookie, before having her space invaded by something pink.

With some new excitement, Pinkie asked, “Oh, what’s happening this evening? Is it a party? Somepony coming to visit?”

Using a hoof to help settle the hyper mare down, Rarity told, “A small date, dear.” Taking a sip of her slowly cooling tea before continuing, “One of the stallions in town by the name of Cinder Lock, worked up the courage to ask me out. I decided to humor him later this evening.”

Flying in and landing next to the group, Rainbow Dash gave a glance to Rarity, before piping up, “What’s this I hear about Rarity getting a date?” Plopping down onto the blanket.

Scooting a bit away from the pegasus that also had some dirt staines, Rarity repeated, “Somepony decided to ask me out for this evening, and so I am going to humor him.”

With a small grin, Rainbow Dash gave a small glance to Twilight and asked, “And it has nothing to do with Twinkles there getting a stud before you?” Making the fashion mare splutter some.

“I beg you’re pardon?” Rarity called out, trying to keep herself collected at the comment the robin blue pegasus gave.

Rolling her eyes at the slightly amused athlete, Apple Jack supplied, “I’ma sure RD’s just pullin’ ya leg Rar.” Then began to rub her chin in thought, “Then again…ya’re always trying t’ get some romance fix on somepony every now an’ then.”

Putting her nose into the air and tuning her head away from the two, Rarity told, “I would have you know that a lady such as myself, likes to keep available options open to her own fancy.”

“Like prince Blue Blood?” Pinkie Pie asked innocently, not seeming to notice how the white mare blenched at the prince’s name. Still, the pink party pony went on, “Like, when we all started to hear about Twilight having those tickets, and you wanted to go meet him, and make a love connection and get to know him and talked about how charming he is—”

At this bit, Twilight couldn't help but slightly snicker behind a hoof, an action that didn't go unnoticed by the others. Being nearest to Twilight, Fluttershy cure shyly asked, “Do you know the prince that well Twilight?” Knowing the unicorn use to live up in Canterlot.

Though she was quite, all the others heard Fluttershy’s words and all locked their attention to Twilight, who slightly nodded, “I wouldn't say I know him well. But being Celestia’s nephew means that I did got to see a lot of him when I while growing up.”

With a tilt of her head, Apple Jack asked, “Why didn't ya ever talk ‘bout him?” And pointed over to Rarity, “Could ‘ave saved Rar the embarrassment durin’ that Gala.”

Sending a sour look to Apple Jack, Rarity slightly sniffed, “If I recall, we all had some rather embarrassing moments that day.” Getting a light chuckles from all around.

Shaking her head a little, Twilight finally told, “Well, I mostly didn't talk about him because I didn't think it mattered at the time.” Throwing what she knew of the stallion around for moment, “Though, after my research into social actions and relationships, I have stared to notice something with him I never noticed before and would have made Rarity’s time with him wasted anyways.”

With a peeked interest, Rarity said, “Do tell Twilight, I would love to hear the reason why I wouldn't catch his attention.” While thinking to herself, not that I would ever consider trying for him again. The nerve of him, using me as a cake shield!

While the seamstresses silently simmer at what had happened, Twilight explained, “Well, being as high as he is in the line of nobility making up Canterlot, Blue Blood is trying to keep his families nobility stable and pure.” Tapping her own chest, Twilight told, “For example, I’m from the house of twilight, so I myself am at least a minor noble.”

Seeing the collective surprised looks she was given, Twilight rubbed her left foreleg a little, “It’s something I don't talk about much.”

Clearing her voice some, Twilight picked back up, “But it’s not only family blood lines he wishes to keep intact, but status. Being a student to Celestia, this would put me higher on his list of mares to find, seeing as my contact with the princess would give me some pull.” Then somewhat poked at the blanket adding, “Also being a barer of the element of magic only adds to this.”

“Wait a moment!” Pinkie called out, catching her friends attention and looking to the pink mare. Seeing the pink hoof held out and the hard stare she was giving, all present could tell the gears in Pinkie’s brain were turning. With a gasp, Pinkie once more pointed with the same outstretched hoof to Twilight saying, “Does Blue Blood have a crush on you!” Grinning at Twilight’s somewhat surprised face.

Confused, Rainbow asked, “What makes you say that, Pink’s?” A little lost to where the pink pony got this idea from.

Seeming to follow the athlete up on this, Rarity nodded, “I have to agree with Dash here, why in Equestria would you think that darling?” A bit unbelieving of somepony like Blue Blood showing any romantic feelings after her encounter with him.

Zooming next to Twilight, Pinkie told, “Well, Twilight’s talking about Bluey and some of his interest, while making connectes to her learning about love, then used herself as an example, but why no other pony? I know that she knows others besides Blue Blood, they may not be fiends, but she must know more ponies for examples—”

At this point, Pinkie Pie had quickly pulled out a deerstalker hat and a bubble pipe form the basket that held their snacks, continuing, “So why would she use herself as an example? Why it’s obvious when you look at the facts given!” Blowing some bubbles from her pipe before pointing it to Twilight, “You, Twilight Sparkle, must be speaking form experience and recalling events that had already transpired in your life partaking to Blue Blood! It was not until you did your research that you realized his advances, and now know why somepony like Rarity would have trouble connected with a stallion like him.”

While the others were busy owlishly blinking at the random pony, Twilight slowly stuttered, “I… Wow Pinkie…I, well…I didn't realize you were that observant.” Slowly wrapping her head around everything Pinkie had told them in her quick moment of epiphany.

Shaking off the remainder of her surprise, Twilight told, “But yes, what Pinkie Pie basically underline is true. Blue Blood seems to have an interest in me.” Sighing and adding, “Though, I would feel better if he chose somepony else.”

“‘Cuse of you an’ Mask, righ’?” Apple Jack supplied for the others, after recovering from the Pinkie moment.

Flinching a little, Twilight admitted, “They met, and for lack of better term, I think Mask has effectively put himself on Blue Blood’s blacklist.” Recalling Masquerade’s rather sudden bout of his rather possessive nature pertaining to herself.

Seeing the face Twilight was making, Rarity said, “I will hazard a guess and say that rapscallion of yours got a little jealous of Blue Blood being near to you?” Already fairly familiar with the black stallion’s somewhat possessive nature surrounding Twilight.

Rolling her eyes in exasperation, Twilight said, “It was like putting two opposites near each other.” Placing a hoof to her face sating, “I was stuck in the middle as the two nearly got into an argument over where I could be for the rest of the evening. Blue Blood wanted me to have dinner with him, and Mask wanted to read up on some spells with me in the Library.”

Scratching her head, Rainbow asked, “That guy does know your dating Masquerade right?” Getting a nod from the lavender mare, further confusing the pegasus.

“He does, though he acts like we’re not.” Twilight seemed to say lowly, “I had to stop Mask from talking so I could resolve the matter without them both arguing over me.”

Gaining a small smile, Rarity mused, “And I thought I had troubles keeping stallions off of me.” Getting a few amused looks from the others, “But here you are Twilight, have two of them fight over you.” Getting a slightly blank look from Twilight, clearly showing she was not amused.

“Remind me how this all shifted to my love life, and not stay on Rarity’s?” Twilight groused some, getting giggles and small laughs from the others.

With rueful smile and light blush dusting her cheeks, Fluttershy somewhat squeaked, “Sorry…” Hiding behind her mane, as it once more sparked everypony to laugh and giggle aloud again.


After a few more hours of their visit, all six mares decided to pack up and separate for the rest of the day. Rarity went off to her boutique and ready for the date to come. Apple Jack likewise headed for home, wanting to get to work on a few choirs that still needed to be done for the evening. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash didn't really feel like heading home yet, and decided to once again start their ‘reign of pranking terror’ early this week.

This left Twilight and Fluttershy alone, both heading to the Golden Oaks library and talking over a few things to pass the time. Apparently, the two Gem sisters were able to rope Fluttershy into their favorite romance book series, and was now asking Twilight for each book. Though, she expressively told not to spread her new fondness of the romance novels.

Giggling to herself, Twilight agreed, “Sure thing Fluttershy, my lips are sealed.” Looking ahead to spot their destination in sight. Home sweet home. Twilight somewhat sighed in her mind, starting to miss the her changeling companion and sometimes pillow.

Almost reading the librarians mind, Fluttershy asked, “I still haven’t seen Masquerade around. Is he still away on his job?” Honestly curious when the changeling heir would be back. It was almost strange not to see Twilight’s new shadow around as much.

Reaching her door and using her magic to turn the handle, Twilight sighed, “He is. I don't know when he’ll be back, but in a recent letter he sent, told me he would be back soon.” Pushing the door open and entering in.

She stopped a few steps in though, noticing all the curtains and windows seemed to be closed to cast the room into darkness. I don't recall shutting any window or curtains… Looking about the now darkened room with some caution, Twilight continued to enter in with Fluttershy close.

With a flick of her horn, a number of curtains and windows in her sights began to reopen, lighting up the room. Much better, Twilight smiled, trotting in and already scanning the shelves for the book Fluttershy was looking for. Looking to the table nearby, Twilight also made sure to put down the basket used for the outing next to the seethed Blades. Going back to her searching, the lavender unicorn kept scanning each title, focused on finding that one book.

Finding the book form it’s apparent place, Twilight lifted it up into the air with her magic and floated it over to Fluttershy, whom took it gently in her hooves. “There you are Fluttershy. I hope you enjoy it.” Twilight smiled to the canary yellow pegasus.

Giving a nod and a quiet, “Thank you.” The shy mare turned and left for home, leaving Twilight to go back to her book shelves and start searching for a book to read for herself.

Her searching was halted for a moment, as Twilight registered the few oddities. Firstly the dark room when she came in, and second being the now recognized swords on the table. Quickly looking to the table, she did indeed confirm that the swords were there.

Looking around some more, Twilight began to search for any trace of Masquerade, calling out, “Mask, are you here?” Wondering where the stallion was.

I would bet my books that Mask would have tackle me after I got home, being so happy to see me. Twilight thought to herself, unable to hide her small smile. It seemed the most likely thing Mask would do, wait some place to pounce at her during the right time.

This apparently wasn't his plan this time, as Twilight did eventually find him in his little dark corner. Specifically, sleeping silently and dead to the world around him.

Blinking a few times, Twilight just took in the sight of Mask’s still form and overall peaceful state. Developing a small smile, Twilight went to her closet to gather up a blanket. Taking up the lightest one she could find, she moved back over to Masquerade’s sleeping form and gently spread it out and laid it over his still form.

Twilight giggled on the inside of her self, watching the smile that formed of the stallions lips as her magic aura slightly touched him. He snuggled into the light blanket, making Twilight believe that he was unconsciously trying to feed on the emotions that were on the blanket.

Leaning down, Twilight whispered, “I’ll let you sleep.” Giving a light peck on the currently-unicorn Masquerade, “You can tell me all about your trip later.” Walking back to her front door to hang up a sign that the library would be closed for the day.

Though she didn't like the idea of closing up so early and barring her library doors from anypony who wished to learn, Twilight also didn't want to wake Masquerade. It was clear he had a long and trying mission, seeing as it has almost been three weeks since he left.

Looking back to the stallion's sleeping form, Twilight gave one last smile before heading up to the second floor and read something without disturbing Mask.


Yawning and stretching in place, Masquerade slowly came back out of his little nap. He still was tired, and would no doubt go back to sleep later. But right now, he was able to smell something that was drawing his attention to the waking world.

Shaking what sleepiness he had lingering in his mind, Mask pushed himself up off the pillow stack he made, only taking minor notice of the blanket on his body. Giving the light material a curious look with his green eyes, the faux unicorn concluded somepony was thoughtful to give him it while sleeping.

With the ringing of magic filling the air, Masquerade’s changeling magic took hold of the blanket and quickly folded it, placing it aside for later. Looking about the room, he could tell by the lit fire and dim room that it was late evening. Though he had to wonder why it was so dimly lit.

Twilight and Spike. Mask guessed with a smile, changelings don't have much trouble seeing in dimly lit rooms, but they do.
Seeing the kitchen and it’s light on, Mask began to quietly make his way over, more than able to sense the emotions that seemed to drift from the room. He could also smell something, something cinnamon like and sweet.

Apple Pie. There was no doubt, that had to be what he was smelling. It was also fresh, most likely baked from the oven. Defiantly Spike’s doing.

Drawing near the kitchen, the stallions ears twitched as he heard Twilight’s voice say, “Do you think he will like it?” Making slight clopping sounds with her hooves as she moved about.

“Twilight, I’m sure it’ll be fine. You may not be that good at baking, but you still do fine.” Spike’s own vice assured, “See, the edges aren’t even burnt.” Seeming to point this out to the mare.

With a grin, Masquerade focused his new favorite spell and cast it, boldly walking into the kitchen with no worries of being spotted. Inside, Twilight seemed to shift in place an look over a freshly baked pie while working on a few other foods, fretting, “I know, I know. I still can't help but feel I might have done something off.” A little concerned over her skills with food crafting.

Crossing his arms and looking up with some annoyance “Twilight, why are you getting worked up over this?” Turning around and working on chopping up a carrot, “Seriously, it’s apple pie, I don't think you can go wrong with it.”

Collecting the slices and dumping them in a salad bowl, the small drake continued, “I mean, he’s been your coltfreind for almost two, three months now?” Trying to keep the time sight in his mind before shrugging, “He’s been your somepony for a while and knows you. I don't think he’ll be critical over your cooking.”

Twilight went to respond with something, but stopped when she felt a kiss be placed on her right cheek. With a open smile, she turned to say something to Mask— only to find nopony there. Blinking, Twilight wondered what had happened before she felt another kiss on her other cheek. Turning her head to the left, the mare once more didn't see any pony.

Finishing up his salad, Spike took up the bowl and turned away from the counter, and spotting a Twilight wildly looking around. Shrugging it off, thinking the mare was trying to find something, Spike continued out of the kitchen and get the ready to set up the table.

I could have sworn that I was kissed twice? Twilight thought in confusion, before another kiss was placed on her left cheek when she had looked to the right. Turning around quickly, she then flicked her tail, as she felt something pinch her flank.

Jumping away, Twilight continued to look around a bit flusters, her cheeks heating up at the last feeling. Giving the room a long look over, she tentatively asked, “Mask?” Letting out a small yelp as something unseen grabbed her and held her close in a sitting position, nipping her left ear.

Twilight was ready to start panicking, only for a familiar chuckle to sound next to her ear and drawing her to look back. Slowly fading back into sight was a wide grin and two mischievous eyes, all belonging to one black unicorn that was was hugging Twilight.

Stealing a quick kiss on Twilight’s lips, Mask said, “Honey I’m home!” Feeling highly amused at Twilight’s dumbfounded stare.

This stare soon morphed into a glare, as she calmly said, “Mask.” Trying to keep her voice level, “Was there a reason as to what you just did?” Not sure how to feel about the situation.

With a growing grin, Mask somewhat sung out, “Maybe, maybe not?” Then turned to where the pie sat commenting, “Also, the pie smells great. Woke me up from my nap.”

Smiling, Twilight shook her head saying, “Thank you, but you’re avoiding the question.” Once more using a hoof to push the stallion away. She couldn't be more thankful for how compliant Mask was when she wanted him to back away, and without the need of vocalizing it.

Scooting away and sitting before Masquerade, Twilight once more asked, “Is there a reason you were getting me worked up?” Trying to hold her glare.

Tilting his head to the side, Mask said, “Can't I express how cute and pretty you are?” Leaning close adding, “Besides, you still look absolutely adorable when you blush!”

Celestia curse that charm of his! Twilight cursed to herself, unable to keep the blush from forming on her cheeks again. Why oh why did he make things so hard to stay angry at him?

Seeing the small blush on the mare’s cheeks, Masquerade once more chuckled, nuzzling Twilight telling, “See, you’re doing it again. You look so adorable when your blushing and all worked up with flustered feelings!” Only deepening Twilight’s blush.

This was the scene Spike walked in on, seeing Twilight’s red face and Masquerade nuzzling the pony he saw as an older sister. With a sigh, Spike announced, “When your both done.” Catching both unicorns attention, “Bring out the rest of the food for dinner.” Leaving the kitchen.

After Spike left the room, Twilight once more turned a glare to a grinning Masquerade telling, “One of these days Mask, Im going to put some form of warning device on you.” Turning up her nose and lighting her horn to grab something to bring out.

Before the lavender unicorn could even grasp something in her magic, she lightly jumped at Mask running his medium length tail over her flank telling, “Oh you love me and you know it.” Once more kissing her cheek adding, “Missed you while I was away.”

Sighing to herself and switching her focus, Twilight smirked slightly as Mask slightly jumped as she returned the pinch to his own flank saying, “And I missed you too.” Trotting up to his side and placing a chaste kiss on the stallions cheek before taking up a few dishes.

Watching as the mare turn and leave out the kitchen to set up the table with the food, Masquerade busied himself to grab the plates and glasses. It’s good to be home. He smiled, gathering the few things needed for their meal together.