• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 2,152 Views, 132 Comments

Unforgotten - Riddle-Me-Think



The past should not be forgotten, note should it blind us to what the future may hold. With the new change in statuesque between ponies and their new channeling neighbors, the past may be the answer to help set an understanding.

  • ...
8
 132
 2,152

Results

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


With a deep breath and a blissful feeling of a clean, pristine coat, mixed with the feel of how her main flowed much like silk after it’s careful treatment— Rarity had a hard time from not speaking her mind. “Oh, I had no idea just how much I needed that!” Slightly stretching and feeling the pleasant sensation of her now loose back muscles, “I feel absolutely devine after that.”

“Told ya you needed it.” Roma smirked to the white mare while looking herself in a mirror. She slightly fussed over how her blue eyeshadow looked and the way her mane curled before telling, “Honestly, your level of grumpiness seems to come with how well your last manicure is.”

“Level of Grumpiness?” Rainbow asked with an amused grin, still making sure her coat was dry after the nice relaxing dunk in the hot tub. She felt great after some time in it, and her wings were possibly thinning her for their now clean state.

Rarity shot a glare over to Rainbow Dash, warning the mare, “Rainbow Dash, I would very much appreciate that you don't follow Roma’s example.”

“Oh no, please do.” Roma said with an amused grin, “I wouldn’t mind the snack.” And soon chuckling at the exasperated look Rarity gave her.

Twilight shook her head and got off one of the many reclining chairs in the Spa’s main area, giving her hooves a quick look over and the shine they gave. Looking back up, she said, “Come on Rarity, I don’t think they mean anything by it.” Walking up to the seamstress to give her a slight bump with her hip.

Rather suddenly, two hooves were thrown on either side of each mare’s shoulders, a pink body making it self known between the unicorns as Pinkie said, “Yeah, their just trying to have a little fun!” Then gave a giggle saying, “And you do get a little grumpy when you haven’t had a good manicure for your hooves.”

Rarity pouted to that, though justified, “Being a mare of standers, Pinkie, means that when I am trapped with subpar situations I feel the ned to correct them.” Then gave Roma a look and admitting, “That being said, I… do feel a bit more better after the beauty treatment.”

“Sugar cube.” Spoke in Applejack as she placed her hat back on her head, “I’d say you’ll be feelin' a world better after this little outtin’.” Sightly rolling her neck adding, “I know I am. Tha’ creak in my neck’s been killin’ me somthin’ new.”

“I’m hearin’ you on that one, AJ.” Dash chuckled while tossing the used towel over to a hamper. With a flap, Rainbow Dash flexed her wings about and said, “That wind current wasn’t fun to make, had to pull double time when some of the weather team weren’t around.”

Having a curious look, Twilight felt the need to ask, “Rainbow Dash, why is the Autumn weather late, it’s normally on time.” She knew it had something to do with the invasion, but beyond that, she did wonder partially why it was still so late.

“Hay if I know.” The cyan pegasus shrugged, “Since the invasion, stuff’s been moved around. I’ve been stuck with having to fill out these stupid files over management and re-coordinating the weather.”

Fluffing her own wings and slightly running her hooves over her long mane, Fluttershy spoke, “I hope it doesn’t get too cold too fast. The animals only have so long before they have to stow away and hibernate.”

“I’m more worried fer my crop.” Applejack said in slight agreement. “A sudden chill ain’ too good fer the crops back at the farm. Coul’ put them in shock when spring come’s aroun’.”

Flapping her wings to take to the air, Rainbow assured with a absently waving hoof, “Relax AJ. We got it covered. It’ll warm up a little over the week before we start making it colder again.” Then gave a smirk adding, “But I’m going to rematch you during the Fall of the Leaves.”

Seeing the challenge being given, Applejack only grinned back, “Well best be ready RD, I ain’t horsin' around this time.”

“Neither am I.” Rainbow smirked cockily back, before turnging to Twilight asking, “Say Twi, plan on running this year too? You did take the lead last time.”

Thinking on it, Twilight admitted with a hoof behind her head, “Maybe not this time. It was fun last time, sure.” Then gave a absent shrug, “But maybe this time I’ll just watch.” Then with a funny thought, she nudged Pinkie Pie and said, “Or maybe I’ll help Pinkie with announcing this time around in my air balloon, like Spike did last time.”

“That would be great!” Pinkie exclaimed, both hooves now hugging and crushing Twilight, “We could even use your magic to make ourselves louder— than no-pony would have trouble knowing what’s going on!” Her excited rambles came to a screeching halt as she asked, “What about Spike?”

Thinking on that, Twilight said, “Well… maybe he can help with the commentary too.” Having a hint that Spike did enjoy doing that with Pinkie Pie when he got the chance. Being involved with their little adventures were something Spike seemed to look forwards to, much to Twilight’s notice.

Speaking of which, Twilight did her best to undo Pinkie Pie’s constrictive limbs and said, “Hey girls, it was great to catch up and I really did enjoy my time, but I really need to get going.” Glancing over to a clock and informing them all, “I should be getting home and checking up on Spike. He was taking a nap earlier and I don’t want him to sleep the rest of the day away.”

Smiling to that, Fluttershy said, “We understand.” Placing a hoof to herself and saying, “I need to get home too. As much as I would love to stay around, I need to get some of the critters ready for winter.” Before she moved though, Fluttershy made sure to ask the all, “That is, if none of you need me or…”

“Oh, Fluttershy, mind if I help?” Pinkie asked, zipping right next to the slightly surprised mare, “I don’t have anything else today, and I was thinking of organizing something with Gummy over the candy apples I was going to make with Applejack, but I think he would understand if I came and helped you out.”

Smiling softly, Fluttershy let her wings rest back on her sides and nod, “I would love to have some help, Pinkie.” Thus getting a excited whoop from the mare.

Giggling to this, Twilight smiled to them all and said, “Well, I’ll see you girls later. I had fun, let’s do this again some time soon.” Turning away and using her magic to pick up her scarf and pendent. While she placed them on, one ear turned back hearing the varying goodbyes, but none as loud or enthusiastic as Pinkie’s own.

With one last laugh, Twillight turned and decided to wave back to Pinkie before departing out of the treatment area itself and into the main room where she later exited out. She once again shivered at the chilling cold, and felt a few spots on her body that were still a bit damp.

Shaking it off and moving along, Twilight cast her eyes around to once more take in the sights. She could see a few ponies actually setting up for the coming holiday event, though it was mostly with minor themed things. She was sure when the week Nightmare Night was to happen, there will be decorations on every street.

I wonder if I can get Mask to participate in Nightmare Night? Twilight had been somewhat thinking about that every now and then, and actually hopped he would be able to join her in it. With a sneaking smile, she thought, Knowing him, he’ll ware over ten different ‘costumes’ by the end of the night. Giggling at the thought of the ever changing changeling.

That soon got her thinking actually, and made the librarian tap her chin at the particular thought. She knew it would be chilly, but she wondered if the changelings participated in Nightmare Night. Or a better question, if they didn’t, would they? She shook her head and resolved to ask them later. For now, she needed to get home, check up on Spike and make sure they all had something to eat— even Owlalichous and Peewee.

When she turned on the street to her home and looked at the large tree amongst the houses around it, Twilight gave a slight smile and took in the image. It would be a while before the green leaves turned color, but she privately enjoyed when her home turned it’s green leaves into it’s yellow shades. The name ‘Golden Oaks Library’ seemed to ring more truer when it did, and she found the sight particularly pleasing to the eye.

It was just too bad it only happened once a year, and for only so many weeks before the leaves all fell away.

Letting out a breath and moving towards her home, she lit her magic and pushed the door opened, and announced, “Spike, I’m home!” Mostly just in case the small drake was up and about, though she found that thought very unlikely.

But when she moved in and placed her scarf up on a rack, Twilight paused and smelled the air just slightly, and recognizing that some cleaners were apparently used. It only meant that Spike was up and about, though she didn’t recall anything being scheduled to be cleaned today.

Twilight suddenly yelped as she was pulled by something and was about to struggle before she heard, “What, no hello’s for me?” The familiar tone that held a grin and the soon familiar feel of how her body melded with the one holding her.

There was a slight blush in place, filled with relief and some happiness— but as of right now, the mare chose to try and be annoyed. “MASK!” About to pull away before she felt his hooves roam— and begin to tickle her, “M-Mask! Stop t-t-tha-ha-ha-ha-at!” Trying to swum out while he chuckled in turn.

“I don’t hear a ‘Love you Mask’ or ‘Glad to see you Mask’ in there!” The stallion was enjoying this way too much, and Twilight supposed she had herself to blame on not trying to anticipate this. He did do it everytime he got back home.

Deciding to turn the table, Twilight focused magic into her horn and did a very quick dispersal of magic. Mask, thinking she was trying to teleport, was going to just lightly bop the horn before he was blinded by it— and felt himself falling back and laughing as slightly more smaller and feminine hooves attacked his belly, “AH! Uncle, Uncle!” He laughed out during the mare’s ruthless assault.

“I don’t hear a ‘I’m sorry Twilight’ or a ‘I give up, Twilight’.” Smirked the lavender mare as she continued to tickle her coltfriend.

Squirming a bit more, the stallion eventually said, “Al-alright, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Letting out few more laughs before calming down and laying on his side, smirking up. He was soon given a chaste peck to his cheek while Twilight told him, “I’m glad you’re back Mask.”

Letting out a few more chuckles, he got up and returned the chaste kiss telling, “Same. But we can talk about our weeks over dinner.” Making his way towards the kitchen and telling, “I had a fun time actually. You might find some of the things I did funny.”

Rolling her eyes, Twilight followed Masquerade and asked, “Is Spike up, or still sleeping up stairs in his bed?”

“Bed, and he looks very comfortable.” Mask nodded knowingly. “I considered taking a nap too… but I decided to surprise you with a slightly cleaner Library and dinner.” Then turned to her, grinning, “Surprise!”

It was… really a touching thought, and the lavender mare appreciated the thought from the stallion, but Twilight had to ask, “I thought you would want to get some rest after doing whatever work you had.”

Waving a hoof, Masquerade assured, “Twinkles, it’s fine. I did it because I knew it’d help you out.” Then smiled, “Of course I’d do it if I had the time and energy.” Then soon added with a assured nod, “Also, it means that I get more time to my fillyfirend if she has less to do.”
“You’re just wanting my love.” Twilight slightly jab, to which the faux unicorn made a hoof fly to his chest.

“Oh whoa is me, do you need to strike so close and personal, Twilight?” Using the same hoof to touch his forehead, “Is it a curl fate to need to be jabbed at by a beauty like yourself?”

Giving him a shove, Twilight said with a amused tone, “Stop with the drama, Mask.” Able to clearly see that small smile during his little drama act. “I’ll be sure to make some time to spend with you, Celestia knows that I only have you a few days to myself before you have to go off and do something again.”

Sighing to that, Masquerade said with a slightly hug head, “Yeah. The only bad thing to his is I have to spend a week playing soldier and proving I can do this new job of mine.” He then turned to Twilight and smiled, “But hey, when I do get the job right next to your brother, I’ll get a good salary!” Then added in thought, “Though… I’m not sure what I’ll do with all those bits. Maybe help with groceries more?”

Rolling her eyes, but seeing what he was getting at, Twilight told, “I think we can think something out, Mask.” Stopping at the threshold of the kitchen and watching as the stallion do a few last moment things to prep their dinner. “I’ll be right back down. I need to wake up Spike and make sure Owlalichous and Peewee get feed.”

Glancing over his shoulder, Mask grinned, “Sure thing, Twinkles.” Looking forwards to their time together.


Leaves rustles from the chilling winds that sent a crisp scent all around the town of Ponyville. More leaves began to turn coloration with this sudden change, and many of the folks in the sleepy town watched and waited for when a full change would happen. Winter jackets, earmuffs, boots and scarves were collected by many, knowing that the snowy season was at hoof now.

While some others milled about as they pleased, mostly two resident unicorns taking a stroll in the early evening and just taking in the town. While Mask wasn’t all that thrilled with having to be outside with this slight chill, he knew he could put up with it. As annoying as it was, it wasn’t going to kill him. Even more when he had his black cloak helping keep him warm.

Though the main thing keeping him war, was more of a person. Twilight, who had suggested a walk, had immediately taken her place next to him and leaned her head on his shoulder. Mask had placed the cloak over her as they walked, and took great comfort with her just by his side like this, her warm and soft body just keeping contact.

He found it immensely relaxing, even while he kept a slight vigil on what was happening around them both. For a moment, he wondered where they should go first, still not really having a idea of where to go in mind. Twilight just trusted that he’d take her somewhere nice, or just walk around like last time. Really, he didn’t mind the walking around, he just felt he should give her something else to enjoy the day.

After a bit more longer and coming up with nothing, Mask just shrugged mentally and continued on his path to anyplace he felt the need to travel towards. “Mask?” The soft voice of Twilight brought the stallion out of his musing as he lanced down to the mare. Her eyes were now opened again as she pulled her head away and told, “I wanted to ask something.”

“Sure.” He said with a slight shrug of his shoulders on reflex, “What’s on your mind, Twinkles?”

Slighty rolling her eyes at her nick-name he had more or lass made her now enjoy, Twilight asked, “Nightmare Night. Do you think you’ll be able to be here when it happens?” Hopeing he could say yes, even with how busy he was going to be over the coming weeks.

Humming and thinking over that, Masquerade said, “I don’t know… but I can sure try and make sure I’m around.” Smirking down at the mare as he assured, “Maybe I can get your new sis to press the Captain’s buttons to let me be here when Nightmare Night happens.”

Feeling a light smack to his chest, Twilight made a playful glare and told, “Oh no, you’re not getting my sister-in-law to do your dirty work, mister.”

“Oh come on, she’d love to help!” Mask said in return, “I mean, two lovey-dovey ponies spending a holiday evening with the other?” He gave his customary grin and told, “I’m sure she’d would just love to help us out.”

Snorting at that, Twilight said with a rueful smile, “You’re just taking advantage that she’d do it so willingly, aren’t you?” Eyeing the back stallion next to her with a very knowing look.

“…Would you believe me if I said no?” Masquerade soon asked hopefully, much to Twilight’s amusement.

“No.” The mare soon said with a smile, really having a hard time trying to keep a stern glare leveled at the stallion with how he was acting, “Not like that, I wouldn’t.”

Seeing him sag and sigh, Twiligt couldn’t help but giggle and tell, “Hey, maybe I can send a letter to Shining Armor, see if he can make sure you have a free day on Nightmare Night.” Watching as the dark stallion perk up at this, “Then we can spend a nice fun evening with each other.”

She soon took a moment to remind herself of another little subject and add, “I also wanted to ask you about the changelings.” Once more renewing his attention as she told, “I was thinking about possibly having them take a more active role in this Nightmare Night.”

Thinking on it and glancing around the town some, Masquerade figured that it wasn’t a half bad idea. The only real challenge in place would be convincing them to stay outside if it’s too cold. There was doubt they wouldn’t though— unless it just suddenly dropped below fifty, then they might not mind too much.

“You could try.” Mask said thoughtfully, still thinking about it. “As long as it’s not too cold, I don’t think they’ll have too much problem with the thought.” He threw the thought to the back of his mind and turned to Twilight’s curious eyes, “It’s not like some of ten were possibly part of Nightmare Night before. Maybe now the’ll just have more fun now they can freely shape-shift.”

Almost having a quirked smile, Twilight admitted, “That will be something to see. Changelings randomly changing disguises during Nightmare Night.” Thinking about it, Twilight could see a few games maybe popping up from it. Something she figured she could go over with the changelings or Mask later on.

Giving herself a nod at that thought, Twilight asked, “Mask, would you mind helping me with that this weekend?” Her purple eyes seemingly to light up in hope that he would be willing to help her with this little idea of her’s.

Really, the faux pony found his normally high-defenses on such a look startting to wane with each use. He found himself saying, “Sure thing Twinkles.” Without really meaning to. “But maybe later, right now I just want to be with you.”

Nuzzling his neck, Twilight agreed, “I can accept that suggestion as a good idea.” Smiling as she felt Masquerade lean over to return the nuzzle to the top of her head.


Just out of sight and far from the couple’s senses stood a mare that slightly cursed the sight. Or rather, cursed the pain she felt at not having what they had for each-other. With both wings snapping open, he pegasus mare took to the air and flew to the first cloud in sight to pan and slightly brood to herself.

More than once had she tried to move past the thoughts and tried to ignore the sight— but every time she went out it felt like she was being haunted with the two’s feelings for the other. The reminder of what she did and the irritating feeling of not being able to gain the affections of a stallion that made her put her all into it.

Cloud Kicker had questioned herself more than once on what Twilight Sparkle had that she didn’t. Was it her fame as the element of magic? Was it her smarts? What it because she was a student to he Princess herself? Maybe she just happened to have that right look and body that he liked?

she looked for all the reasons she could, and didn’t find anything that made it sound right. The two were just.. in love with the other, and that stung in a strange way she didn’t like. It made her feel sick but also shameful, and jealous and frustrated. She didn’t know what to do with it all, all her feelings constantly turning inside of herself.

“You seems troubled.” The sudden voice made the pegasus jump slightly, turning to look at a grey pegasus stallion with a oily black mane and two mismatched eyes. The left blue and the right green. He gave her a honest smile as he asked, “Sorry, I don’t meant to, well, surprise you.” Chuckling a bit as he sheepishly scratched the back of his head. “I just saw you… well, looked kinda down.”

Sighing and turning away, Cloud Kicker said, “I’m… just trying to work something out of my head.” Irritation clearly in her voice as she somewhat slumped in the cloud again.

Shifting and seemingly trying to think of something to say, the stallion eventually went with, “Well… they sometimes say talking about something helps.” Though was fast to raise his hooves saying, “Not that you have to, it’s just something I hear.” Then looked down to the questioning look the mare had and smiled, “I’m rambling, aren’t I?” Letting out a slightly awkward smile.

Slightly smiling herself, Kicker said, “Yeah. You are.” Rolling her eyes as she soon introduced, “Cloud Kicker.” Holding a hoof out and waiting.

for a moment the stallion seems surprised before he bumped the offered hoof, introducing himself, “Azure Coy.” Slightly smiling as he laughed, “It’s a pleasure Cloud Kicker…um…” Bringing his hoof back to himself and looking… lost as to what to say next.

It was kind of cute in a way with how shy the stallion was acting, it made Cloud Kicker giggle some as she asked, “So why are you up here, Azure Coy?” Tilting her head to the side and turning a bit of her charm on.

He again shifted and said, “W-well. I did say you looked down and… well…” Seeming to shuffle in place more, wings rustling when she once more giggled.

He’s not as handsome as Masquerade, but the shy way he acts is rather cute. The mare thought before saying, “Well, thanks.” Taking a moment to think about it ad soon saying, “You know what, maybe I’ll take you up on that little talking.” Shaking her head and admitting, “I wouldn’t mind somepony to talk to.”

“I— oh, you would?” He slightly stumbled on his words in surprise before trying to play it off with, “I-I mean, sure thing.” Trying to seem calm about it all. Though from how his lips were pulled up in a nervous smile… it made Cloud Kicker want to laugh. He was really nervous around her, maybe saw her and decided to try talking to her.

Glancing over to a cafe`, Cloud Kicker said, “Come on. I know a nice special that goes on when Autmn comes around. We can talk there.” Opening her wings and gliding down.

Letting out a breath, the stallion chuckled to himself and said, “Okay. You got this. You can do this.” Trotting in place and saying it just loud enough for the mare to hear. For the first time in a long while, she truly laughed.


It had been already been over a week, and Ebon had to let out a almost tired sigh. The ponies… were far from what he expected. He expected them to be more… well, like they had remembered in their history. The very people that helped almost make his own become extinct. What possibly shocked him most, was Princess Celestia. She was… kind. Gentle. even motherly with how she spoke towards both ponies and changelings. I was all so surreal to him, that at first he was sure they were up to something.

But when both Iota and Ventral had shown up and all but told him of how welcoming the ponies had been… he wasn’t sure how to take the situation. How was he supposed to take it? Two of his clan sisters were back, safe and sound and not looking for any worse for ware.

It actually called into question how true Sardonic’s words were. He really wanted to believe the heir and trust him. He was doing this for the betterment of the Clan, this he was sure of. But looking at the ponies, feeling the feelings they held… Some were wary, scared or a bit frightened, but they were not outwardly hostel as of yet. If anything, they even had a few ponies come up to them and talk to them. Most of these cases being a few servants tending to the castle grounds and happen to wander over in their curiosity. During such cases, the guards posted about kept an extra carful watch.

This, he didn’t blame them for. Ebon understood they were doing their jobs to make sure their people were safe, and it was something he truly respected. In honesty, Ebon felt that if a fight did break out, the ponies might not stand all that great of a chance. So if anything, he gave them points for having the courage to stand up to the swarm of nearly fifty.

“Knight Ebon.” This soon brought him to the next subject, the same one calling out his name and causing the leader of this garrisoned swarm to look back. He was prepared for Celestia, the alicorn of legions, and a bit prepared for her supposed sister of the night, Luna. What he was not prepared for, was this. A pink alicorn that had become very close ‘friends’ with Ventral and Iota.

He only used the term ‘friend’ lightly, only because it wasn’t really a common term in the changeling language. The best thing he could understand it to was like a relative or ally. Still, the mare was a shock, and at first, he didn’t know how to act around her.

He found it more easier to just be relaxed and honest when speaking to her. “Yes Princess Cadence?” But, with the needed respect of her rank. REally, he was still trying to figure out this mare with a bright smile and ever so tantalizing waves of love. She seemed to just radiate the stuff.

“If you don’t mind, I wanted to talk to you.” Cadence said, two royal guards by either side of her, “I’ve come to understand that you are one of the best Knights in the Salient Clan.”

Giving a nod, Ebon respectfully responded, “I am. Clan Head Sardonic felt it was best to send smelling that was able to properly coordinate the swarm here, and seeing as I know them all very well, he felt I was best suited.”

The alicorn gave an approving nod to that, though soon had a secretive smile that… was almost mischievous. Feeling out her emotions, he could tell she was also laughing on the inside, apparently knowing something. “And… what about you and Ventral?” Making the stag slightly become alert as she said, “You both seem close.”

At first, Ebon wondered if the pony was starting to show their hidden agenda’s about manipulating or blackmailing them— until the grin on the princesses face became more… giddy as she asked, “What do you plan to do to get her attention?”

Blinking, he asked, “What?”

Giggling, Cadence stood slight again and said, “Sorry, but I couldn’t help but notice you and Ventral have something for the other.” Sending a knowing look at the Knight as she explained, “She acts the part of the tough girl, but I can tell she likes you. She just has a hard time admitting it.”

Is a pony… giving me, a changeling…. advice on how to get a girl? The mere idea was preposterous, seeing as changelings could sense emotions. Ebon wondered if this princess was just not aware of this fact… right up until Cadence spoke on.

“If I could make a suggestion?” The mare looking around as if to make sure Ventral or Iota were not around to hear as she somewhat whispered, “Try getting her some blueberry pie from one of the servants, maybe add some of those ‘Love Candies’ you changelings make.” She then stood back up and smiled, “I’m sure she would love the thought.” Turning away and leaving the now stunned and confused changeling that looked between the two royal guard.

Seeing the dumbfounded look, one of them responded, “She’s a matchmaker.” And left it at that as he and his fellow guard turned and left with Cadence, leaving a still stunned changeling to stand around in confusion.

What in the name of my ancestors just happened? Ebon slightly slapped the side of his face to make sure that this wasn’t some bazaar dream, but apparently he was awake. And further more, he was confused why a pony, alicorn or not, was giving him advice on his interest for a mate. Eventually, he just decided to settle with one thought. Ponies are weird.


Shuffling through the current reports and happenings inside the castle walls, Shinning Armor gave a sigh and placed all the documents down. Hoof to head and giving a glance up, he looked over a few ponies and changelings that were acting as part of the Shadow Guard and under his command until the other Overseers felt Masquerade was ‘good enough’ for them.

“Dismissed.” He soon told them all, watching the changelings seemingly dart out of the room as soon as he began to say those words, while the ponies took a bit more time to leave. If there’s one difference he had noticed, it’s that ponies didn’t rush, while changelings seemed all to eager to get back at their task. It made him wonder if all changelings were like that.

Still, he picked up the filed in his magic and tightened them out, placing them in a folder to later put up in a cabinet in the room. The reports themselves were just some monitoring on the changeling garrison from the Salient Clan and where they were at what times. It was slightly frightening on how well the changelings had documented them nearly minute-by-minute of each day.

Glancing to the clock and letting out a sightly irritated sigh, the stallion got up from his chair and made his way out the door. It was nearly time for him to meet with the other Overseers and finally gain a report from Captain Spitfire of Masquerade’s progress in the Academy alone. Admittedly, he was curious on how well or terrible the Infiltrator did by her standards.

When he reached the room and unlocked it with a hoof to a intricatee rune on the enchanted stone, did he enter in, finding that General Hill, Warrant Officer Harvest, Second Lieutenant Watcher and Colonel Merge were all seated. Moving to his seat at the head of the rounded table, Shining Armor sat back down and nodded to the others. They returned their nods, though Merge was somewhat half-done, apparently just waking up for his more nightly work.

The General was the first to speak up and ask, “Captain Armor, I’m curious to know how thing are progressing here in Canterlot.” Then made a motion to Star Watcher adding, “Watcher has informed me that the changeling threat has finally arrived and is garrisoned here.”

Letting out another sigh, though this one more of exasperation, Shining Armor told, “They have, and right now, their not a ‘threat’.” Thinking of a more polite term as he said, “More like potential allies if what Princess Celestia has told me. From what Ventral and Iota had made out, nearly all the changelings that came from their clan are from the slightly splintering group.”

Giving a look to that, Merege said in a suspicious tone, “You think that it’s not coincidence?” Having been keeping tabs on the situation himself.

“From waht the Shadow Guard has been reporting, I’m to sure.” Admitted the white stallion, “Not all of them agree with Sardonics point of views. We know this from Iota and Ventral, but from what little bit’s they have picked up, it might be more.”

Merge seemed to think about that before saying, “Maybe Sardonic knows they might splinter off and sent them here just in case.” It made some sense in his mind, getting rid of what might turn into a rouge element later on. And for the changeling heir, for all he knew, they the ponies, might turn on him. Meaning he loses nothing really important in the long run. A smart move, in the Nighthunters Overseer’s mind.

There was a slight hint of spite in Star Watchers words whens he asked, “And what about the Shadow Guard, how much of a help have they been, Armor?” In truth, her opinion that thy even needed this new guard had grafted on her nerves to no end. And the others could hardly blame her. She was always wary of somepony looking onto the Arcanes magical research and exploiting it.

Though at this moment, Shining Armor had to say, “Doing their job rather well.” Taking a moment to think over who he had enlisted to tell them, “It’s a mix of ponies and changelings, like Masquerade somewhat sugested. Some of the ponies are from the Colonel’s own guard, and a few from the Lunar Guard.”

Merge gave a cocked grin to that and nodded at the credit given, while Watcher slightly narrowed her eyes at him. Still, the Captain went on to tell them, “The ponies have been getting up close to probe at them while the changeling half has been following some of the individuals that leave to look around.” Folding his hooves, Armor slightly shook his head and informed, “Right now, there’s nothing that we don’t know that they’ve done.”

“So they have been rather effective, despite not having a very clear command structure as of yet.” The Genriral spoke with a grudging respect. “I will be the first to say, that I do have my reservations on how this Shadow Guard will function.” Ear flicking as the door opened, but still went on to speak. “That being said, I’m not sure what other reasons we can use the Shadow Guard beside observation and investigation.”

“How about testing, regulating, investigating, spying and cleaning house when we need it?” Spitfire’s voice and the slapping of a few folders on the table sounded off while the door closed behind her, Monsoon following in and taking her pace with her brother. While both thestral ponies got situated, Spitfire somewhat scowled to the Guard Captain, “Armor, you owe me five bunking drinks after the week I had.”

For a slight moment, Shining armor felt a inkling of dread as he groaned out with a hoof to his face, “What did he do?”

“What didn’t he do, you mean.” Spitfire said with some irritation, “I think he’s the first pony that had successfully broke the record of making me blow my top after all of his pranks and wisecracks.” Making the other ponies cast looks to one another, while the good Captain of the Guard buried his face into both his hooves. “He’s a pain, he’s a disturbance, he constantly talks when he isn’t suppose to.” Then she took a deep breath in and ended with, “And he’s a lot more devious than I gave him credit for.”

Tapping the table where the folders were scattered, Spite fire went on to tell them, while they got clue and picked the folders up to read. “Guy’s good at fooling ponies. But what got me more was the fact of what he found.” She gave a snort and told, “He figured out ways to get past the Academy’s defenses, pointed out how the Academy was a staging ground— hay, he even found out about some of the extra security we put in place after the whole Invasion incident. The guy’s been looking over the whole academy for any undercover bug’s.”

Finding her seat and sitting heavily down, Spitfire took her shades off and layer them on the table saying, “I hate to admit it, but Masquerade knows what to look for. I have no doubt that if h wanted to, he could put the whole place in a large mess and we’d be left to look like idiots.”

After reading some pages in, Star Watcher asked in some appalled, “You have changelings guarding the Academy?!” Looking to the pegasus as if she had lost her mind.

“On lone from the Lue.” Spitfire said rather cooly as she looked back into the Lieutenants eyes, “They were the ‘secret defense’ I had put in place.” She snorted and told, “Crap load of a secret it was. Masquerade was aware of them on the first day, and even cleared up the mess with one of my CO’s before he felt the need to remove them. From what I can tell, he was ready to get rid of them if they were actually spies.”

“And yet, despite all these good points, you still hate the guy’s guts.” Monsoon said dryly over to the fiery looking pegasus, “You wouldn’t stop ranting about him the whole way here, though you did call him Double Take the whole way.”

Snorting, Spitfire told with crossed hooves, “Code name he picked out with his disguises. He didn’t want to be the same pony for each group, or that’s what he told me.” She then let out a disgruntled sigh and hung her head admitting, “The guy’s a pain in the tail. but from what I can see from this week?” She looked up with her bright orange eyes and told them seriously, “He can easily help us look into things that the nobility normally give us headaches over with rules or laws.”

She held up a hoof and spoke before any of them could begin to complain, “I’m not saying we let them do what they want all whilly-nilly, but the point is they can work around the Red-tape a bit more without breaking rules. Mask showed me how well he could do it, and I think he purposely pushed his limits of what he can or can’t do as Double Take. Then did what he knew he could do as Masquerade.”

Deciding to make a jab at Armor, Watcher asked, “Are you still certain that allowing this ‘pony’ to become the Shadow Guards Overseer is a good idea, Captain Armor?” She had nothing against the stallion, but with each thing she heard or read, she wasn’t sure if she wanted such a wildcard in their group.

“Look at the facts, Lieutenant.” Shining Armor bluntly told as he waved the file in his magic, “If Masquerade can find this many holes in our security from the Wonderbolts alone— who had taken precautions with changelings against infiltrators, then I think we should more strongly consider him.” But also thought, I really need to ask Twily to try and tone down Masquerade’s antics though.

“I have to agree.” Merge nodded as he took in the parts partaking to some possibly ‘unstable’ ponies in the ranks of the wonderbolts. “Things are changeling Watcher. We can’t use what we normally had to sniff out a spy or defend from one. We need to step things up.”

Giving an amused snort, Monsoon said, “As much as I agree with you, bro. I think we all have a bigger question in mind.” Looking to the assembled Overseers to ask, “Who want’s Masquerade next?” Sending a strange dread through them all. Obviously, after his little debut with Spitfire and the… sometimes interesting pranks she had reported him doing on the higher up —which were marked as ‘successful assassinations lolz’ by Masquerade— they al weren’t sure if they wanted him near their groups.

“Not it!” Monsoon said quickly with a raised hoof.

“Not it!” Her brother quickly followed.

“No.” Was all Hill said.

“Not happening.” Watcher similarly rejected.

Evening Harvest was sort of left in shock, knowing she was the last one that had not rejected the idea. She looked to Spitfire, who placed her shades back on, and then to Armor, who gave her a awkward smile.

The Warrant Officer then sighed, resigning to her fate that was going to come in a few days.