• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 2,152 Views, 132 Comments

Unforgotten - Riddle-Me-Think



The past should not be forgotten, note should it blind us to what the future may hold. With the new change in statuesque between ponies and their new channeling neighbors, the past may be the answer to help set an understanding.

  • ...
8
 132
 2,152

Panic Attack

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


I gotta ge’ help! Gatta ge’ help! Was the chant Apple Bloom kept playing in her mind as she ran for home as fast as her legs could carry her. When Scootaloo had suggested some changeling plot, the yellow filly brushed it off as nonsense. As of yet, the changelings in town had been nice and rather normal for the most part.

That was before she was given sight to what was in the cellar below the house that used to be Cinder Lock’s home. To be truthful, she was scared out of her mind at what she had seen, and would have stayed frozen in place if Scootaloo hadn’t nudge her to move.

Fat good tha’ did! Apple Bloom screwed her eyes tight, letting a few tears stream out, Now Scoot’s and Sweetie are stuck back thar’, an’ ‘ere I am runnin’ fer help…

With a slight sob, Apple Bloom shouted to herself, “T’ant fair!” Pushing herself to run a bit more faster. Maybe, just maybe she could get help from her sister and her fiends in time, then Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle would be safer sooner. Tha’s it. Get AJ, an’ Mac— even Eb an’ Ive could—

Screeching to a complete halt, Apple Bloom had a horrifying thought come to mind, Eb an’ Ive are changelings, like Mask!

Quickly looking to-and-fro, the yellow Filly felt completely lost and unsure as to what to do. How did she knew Ebony and Ivory weren’t part of this whole plot? How did she know that her sister and brother haven't been replaced or tricked already?

If it was even possible, Apple Bloom felt even more scared then before. Who could she trust right now? She didn't know if all the changelings were part of this or if it were certain ones. And what of her family? Were they trapped in some hanging cocoons, beaten up and hurt while looking asleep or worse?

“W-what do a-ah do?” Apple Bloom choked out, completely confused and lost. She couldn't go into town, there were too many changelings hidden about. She couldn't go to her farm, she didn't know if she could trust her own family. She had to find somepony else, somepony that wouldn't be affected by any of this.

In her desire for help, a thought occurred to Apple Bloom and she rushed to the Everfree with haste.


Daisy slowly flipped through the pages of the basic spell book Twilight had lent her for later study. With a flick of her green changeling magic, Daisy continued to flip each page and gather the detailed bits of information for some simple magic exercises.

Next to her sat Lily, whom was also going through a few books, more as a passive interest in knowing more about magic in general then actual learning. The only magic she was familiar with was a few earth pony tricks used for growing or healing plants. Useful for her line of work as a florist.

Rose had decided to go out and gather groceries during this time, not wanting to be stuck sitting around and looking over dusty old books. She had more interest in hearing gossip or tending to her stand for a few extra bits, or getting some food she liked.

Daisy felt is was a small shame the raspberry maned pony didn't have any interest in the subject. Probably has something to do with the lack of a horn on her head. She mused to herself, glancing up at the protrusion on her forehead. Though her friends didn’t outwardly show it, they held a little jealousy towards her shapeshifting power. To be able to fly or use magic any time she wanted. All it took was a small change.

Knocking on the front door pulled Daisy from her inner thoughts as Lily cheerfully said, “I got it!” Trotting over to the door and greeted whoever had come to visit. Once she had opened the door, the pink mare chirped out, “Oh, hello Cypher.”

Shaking her head, Daisy returned to the book before her and started reading the page she was on over again. She slowly began to drift back into thought though, nearly glancing right over most of the page and skip it.

“Hi Lilly. Can I please come in, I need to talk to Daisy.” Cypher Splash’s voice said from the door way, sounding a bit more firmer then normal.

Daisy lifted her head to hearing this, while Lilly herself nodded and said, “Sure thing. Please come on in.” Opening the door more wider to allow access for the younger pony.

Though she looked somewhat calm, Daisy could see the slight ridged step the young mare had, as her eyes darted about and locked onto her. Once spotted, Cypher walked right over to Daisy and sat on the other side of the coffee table with a troubled look. Lilly soon followed, not picking up the teenaged unicorns slight discomfort as easily.

Wanting to ease the other changeling-in-disguise, Daisy put on a small smile and said, “Hello Cypher. How have you been?”

Returning the smile some, Cypher Splash said, “Okay… Still a little jittery since being reviled to Ponyville, but I’ve been doing fine.” Twisting her hoof on the wood floor saying, “Ditzy helps with assuring me. I don't know how she knows I feel uncomfortable, but she helps.”

Giving a soft laugh, Lilly said, “Derpy’s a mom of two. She probably can tell what you’re thinking because of that.” Giggling further at how Cypher seemed to get a little bashful to being compared to one of her friends children.

Laughing a little herself, Daisy agreed, “Mothers seemed to have that sort of sense. So Lilly might have something there.” Then calmed down and closed the book she was reading, setting it to the side. Giving her full attention, Daisy told the teen, “I’m glad you’re able to deal with this. I think Ebony and Ivory were a little worried about you since the party. Be sure to visit them some time.”

“I will.” Cypher nodded, shifting in her spot a little.

Though it felt nice to just sit and talk like she was now, Cypher took a deep breath and said, “Daisy, there was something important that I need to tell you.” Garnering not only Daisy’s attention, but also Lilly’s, as Cypher Splash said, “Serenity was doing another search of Cinder Locks home and found a hidden wine-cellar. In it…” At this point, Cypher had to retake a breath and gather her nerve saying, “In it was Cinder Lock. The real Cinder Lock, in a changeling cocoon. There were also some pony mares, all in cut or bruised.”

Lilly had put her hoof to her mouth, looking shocked and horrified at hearing this, and in her own town no less. What’s more, the real pony they thought was guilty was actually trapped in some cocoon for Celestia knows how long. But she said other mare’s. All hurt and trapped under Cinder Lock’s home? Is this what could have happened to Rarity?!

Daisy however gained a hard stony expression, and got up from her spot asking, “What is it you need me to do. Do you even know what needs to be done?”

Quick to reply, Cypher told the flower-pony, “Yes. Masquerade sent me to get you and send you to Cinder’s home. He wanted you to be ready to heal the ponies, identify them, and look at some potions that were down there.”

The last bit caught Daisy’s attention even more, and caused the older mare to worry further what had been happening in that house. Still, Cypher continued to tell the pink mare, “I also am to get other changelings with caretaker backgrounds… Do you know any?”

With a slow nod, Daisy said, “Yes, I do.” Using her temporary horn to magic up a note pad and flip to a blank page. Taking up a pencil, she was quick to write down the names of a few caretakers she had found in the changelings around town saying, “This should cover those that were, or have some practice as caretakers.” Floating the list over to the young mare.

Lighting her own horn to take the list, Cypher began looking it over while Daisy told the young mare, “Go on and start gathering them. I need a moment to gather some things before I go.”

Nodding, Cypher Splash left out the front door before activating her well practiced hyper magic. Not paying any mind to this, Daisy looked over to Lilly telling her, “Lilly, you don't need to follow with me on this. I know how you are around violent things, so you can stay here and tell Rose where I left to.” Moving to her shared room.

Following her friend, Lilly bit her lip lightly and said, “A-alright. I can do that.” Wanting to come with, but not sure if she could handle what things would be waited for her eyes. Shaking her head to rid those thoughts, Lilly said, “Let me at least help gather your things. I still want to help somehow.”

Looking back towards her fellow mare in pink, Daisy smiled, “Thanks, it means a lot.”


Back at the home belonging to Cider Lock, ponies out for walks or daily work passed the stone home, not giving it a second glance and enjoy the cooler evening. On the inside of the house hover, two fillies continued to struggle in their confined spaces and call for help. Unfortunately for them, the storage room their captor put them in was rather good for blocking sound.

Up in the potato bag, still thrashing around was Scootaloo, who was doing her best to shake the bag lose, or rip it open. She was finding out just how resilient the cloth bag was, taking her feeble attacks with near to no damage.

“Let us out of here!” Scootaloo once more yelled, doing her best to sound threatening, “When Rainbow Dash hears about this, you’ll be begging for the ground!”

Down in her own person made of harden clay, Sweetie Belle was able to muffle out, “I don’t think he can hear you…” Leaning on one of the walls of the rough ceramic pot. She had tried to break the clay pot, but found that it was fairly hard. She also couldn't move it, as it was apparently tied down to something, along with the lid fastened shut.

She couldn't help but curl in on herself and feel like crying. The fake Cinder Lock had not come back since putting them in whatever room they were in, and both didn't know what happened to Apple Bloom. I hope she’s okay, She thought with a small shiver, wondering if their friend was caught soon after her escape.

Struggling a bit more, Scootaloo eventually tiered herself out and stopped her thrashing, leaving the bag to swing back and forth from the remaining energy. She laid there, panting for breath and able to feel her throat raw from shouting so much. Though she would deny it, she was scared. She was scared of what she had saw. She was scared of being caught. She was even scared of not being found and be labeled as missing.

Rainbow Dash’ll find us. Scootaloo tried to assure herself, She can— No. I know she will!

The silence seemed to push to dissuade those thoughts from the hot-headed fillies mind. Scootaloo wasn't so use to things being quite or dark. She shifted in the bag that hung form some hook, unable to keep her mind focused on being positive.

“Scootaloo?” Sweetie Belle’s muffled voice slightly echoed from the clay pot she was trapped in.

“Yeah Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo called back, trying to keep her voice strong, even know it sounded horse form yelling.

For a while it was quiet before Sweetie Belle said, “Do you think anypony will notice us missing?” Fear evident in her voice.

Even if her friend couldn't see it, Scootaloo put on a assuring smile and said with en enthusiastic voice, “Of curse somepony will notice! Apple Bloom got away right? She’ll get some help and these bug’s wont stand a chance!”

Another pause of silence dragged on for a while, before Sweetie Belle said with a shaky, but hopeful voice, “Y-you’re right. She’s must have found somepony. She must have.”

Again silence seem to fall upon the two fillies, as if trying to smother out their hope.


With her saddlebags filled with both medical potions and a few reference books of herbs and plants, Daisy made her way to the home that belonged to Cinder Lock. She did not stop for anything, not bothering to stop for even a simple greeting, feeling she had a certain level of responsibility now. When Daisy had said that she and the changelings wanted to protect their home, she meant it.

Beside her was both Lilly and Rose, the later of which had came home just as Daisy was leaving for her new task. Hearing what was happening, Rose was adamant in going with, wanting to help her nearly-sister-friend in this endeavor. With some of her persuasion, Rose was able to get Lilly to follow as well, even know Daisy didn't think it was a good idea.

Now both ponies carried saddle bags of their own, with Lilly carrying extra food provisions and drinks for any who needed it. Rose herself thought it would be a good idea to bring her friend’s Chu-ko-nu and the bolts in her own bags, wanting to be ready.

When she had reached her destination, Daisy knocked on the door and waited for Cinder Lock —who was in fact Serenity— to open the door for her. When it did open, he respectfully nodded to Daisy before turning towards the other two. Seeing Rose, he somewhat flinched back and gave a slightly uneasy smile while nodding for them to come in.

Entering in, Daisy gave the house a quick look around before turning to the disguised changeling asking, “Where’s the patients?” Already wanting to get to work.

“This way.” The acting changeling said, gesturing them to follow him to the storage room.

While they got closer, Daisy started to taste something and ask, “Is there anypony else here?” Looking around again saying, “There’s a rather strong bits of fear and panic here…”

While Daisy was slightly distracted, she missed the slight rigidness that overcame the pegasus for a moment. Rose however, didn't and called the stallion out on it, “Ok, what happened. Something happened, other wise you wouldn't get touchy on it.”

With his ears pricked, a disguised Serenity looked back to the three mares starring at him. With a small gulp and shifting a bit in place, he said, “Well… We might have a little problem…”

Now glaring, Daisy asked, “What sort of problem?” Tapping her hoof against the the wooden floor.

Unexpectantly, the sound carried enough to alert the ‘problem’ and make the loudest ‘problem’ to make noise. “I know you’re there! Let us out, or else!”

While the guard looked embarrassed, the three mares had looks of familiarity, as Lilly in particular said, “Wait, isn’t that, that one filly that Rainbow Dash, like, talks about?”

As if to answer her question, the same muffled voice called out with bravado, “If you don’t let me go, Rainbow Dash will find out and find me! Then you’ll get it for sure!”

After hearing this latest bit, Rose looked at a now ashamed changeling and asked, “So, what did you do wrong this time, wonder-blunder?” Lifting a brow at how the stallion shifted under her scrutinizing gaze.

“Um…” Was the fist sound Serenity made to forestall any questions before saying, “Three fillies might have somehow got in and found out what had happened. They then panicked and ran off, and I was only able to get two of them?” Laughing uneasily at the collective glares of the mares.

Daisy looked even more angry then her friend, saying, “And you didn't try explaining to them what is going on?” Looking towards where they had been walking, asking, “Did you lock them in the storage room where the other ponies are being contained?”

“No!” Serenity quickly defended, “I put one of them in a potato bag that’s hanging from the ceiling, and the other in a clay pot that’s currently tied down. They can't reach to room like that.” Crossing his hooves. All he felt was contempt or frustration form the mares.

Heaving a sigh, Daisy said, “Serenity…Mask’s going to kill you.” With Rose nodding along in agreement.

Lily however looked both angry and worried, saying, “Come on, let’s go and explain things to them. They must be terrified with being held against their wills like this!”

Rearing up to hold up his hooves, Serenity —still in Cinder Lock’s body— said with slight fear, “Alright, alright, I will let them out!” Turning around and heading for the storage room with the mares close behind. The first thing he did was us his wings to ascend up and get the bagged filly down, who’s bravado turned into panic, shouting, “Hey, what are you doing? Where are you taking me?!”

Serenity considered dropping the filly a few inches off the ground for all her noise making, but quickly reconsidered when he noticed Rose watching him. With a fake smile, he gently let the filly down onto the stone floor and said, “The investigation’s down that trapdoor. I’ll go and…guard the front door and stuff.” Quickly rushing out of the storage room and away from the mare.

Rose didn't take her eyes off the changeling, continuing to hold her glare with him. Daisy took her time opening the bag that held Scootaloo, whom glowered from her spot in the bag, tense and ready to bolt.

Seeing the defensive mask of bravado, Daisy could feel the downright fear the filly had at that moment, and doing all she could to hide it. Breathing softly, Daisy softly said, “It’s alright. You don't need to be scared.” Holding a hoof out to the small pegasus.

Almost instantly, Scootaloo got defensive saying, “Scared, I’m not scared!” Slightly backing away from the hoof and watching it cautiously, “You should be the one scared! B-becuse ponies will know I’m missing!”

Daisy felt hurt by the filly’s mistrust in her. She really wanted to help, but the orange filly just refused to believe she was there to help. For ancestors sake’s Serenity, you messed up real bad! She’s too scared to even trust me!

Lilly however was undoing the ropes holding the clay pot down and took the lid off to peer inside. She felt her heart clench when she saw Rarity’s younger sister inside and looking slightly scared. Softly, Lilly soothed, “It’s alight Sweetie Belle, it’s me Lilly. It’s alright, you can come out now.” Reaching a hoof down slowly.

Looking from the mares hoof and face a few times, Sweetie Belle debated with herself to trust her or not. She knew who this pony was, she would visit Rarity with her friends and talk about gossip topics. She liked Lily out of them all, spending time with her while her sister talked to the other two mares.

Nervously, Sweetie Belle reached out a hoof, slightly scared of the pony not being who she was looking to be. Lilly only gave a soft and understanding look as she helped the filly out of her clay prison slowly and gently. Lilly continued to gently help and even pat the filly comfortingly, doing her best to help calm Sweetie Belle further.

Looking around at the flower ponies in the room, Sweetie Belle asked, “L-Lilly…What’s going on?” Still shaken up over what had happened.

Stopping her current task in trying to coax Scootaloo out of the potato bag, Daisy answered, “You and your friends happen to sneak into a changeling investigation.” Looking between the two fillies asking, “Which begs the question, why are you even here?” Trying for the life of her why the Cutie Mark Crusaders were even here in the first place.

Looking a little abash, Sweetie Belle said, “We wanted to know what happened to Rarity…” Unable to look at the three mares.

Casting glances between one another, they all were trying to figure out what to say to the two fillies. While this was happening, Scootaloo began to relax and slowly creep out of the bag she had been trapped in. Looking to her right, she could see Sweetie Belle, sitting and waiting for the mare’s to answer her question.

Looking down to Sweetie, Daisy thought about what to say and considered evading the question, or even lying. But isn't that what made this mess? She wasn't told what had happened and decided to find out what happened? In a way it impressed the changeling in herself, but it also made Daisy worry about the filly getting into a situation she would be unable to get away from.

“What happened to Rarity…” Daisy started uneasily and choosing her words carefully, “Is something we think is connected to what happened here. She was attacked by what we now suspect to be a rouge changeling that had come here recently.” Trying to use what little information she had so far.

Rather angrily, Scootaloo interjected, “Then why were we held hostage!” Waving a hoof over to the bag she had been trapped in.

With a flat look, Rose said simply, “You can thank the changeling that was suppose to be keeping an eye on this place and keep ponies form messing any evidence up.” Facehoofing and muttering loudly, “Idiot always making a mess of things.”

“Take it easy on him Rose. Serenity’s never been good at social interaction form what I hear. This is a good example.” Daisy said, moving over to the trapdoor and telling her friends, “Can you take Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to the living room? I have work to do and I think they don't need anymore of a scare.”

Nodding to this, Lilly nudged Sweetie Belle lightly saying, “Come on Sweetie. Let’s wait in the front room for the others.” Rose did the same with a reluctant Scootaloo, and after more prodding the fillies left the storage room.

Letting out a tired sigh, Daisy made her way down to the lower room, wondering how the Malek rouge would take this new development.


Trotting home with a smile on her lips, Twilight Sparkle made her way back home after a whole day of spending it with her friends. After she was able to work past her love-life with the others, they were able to have a bit more fun in the water and talked about a few other things. One such subject was the Gem sisters love-life instead, and getting a little vengeance on the two for being nosey about her own.

When the girls got up and ready to go, Rarity and Applejack had wondered where their sisters had ran off to. Most of the others waved it off, knowing they would be back before dark. Despite getting into trouble, the three fillies did good when it came to coming back home.

Looking up, Twilight admired the orange sky as Celestia’s sun was being slowly moved back down and the night being slowly moved up. The day was drawing to a close and for Twilight it was a good day, considering everything. As she approached her home of a library, Twilight noticed a wisp of smoke leave out one of the windows of her home, a sign of dragon mail.

Curious, Twilight picked up her pace and entered the front door and calling, “I’m back!” Looking around for either dragon or changeling for a moment. “Mask, are you home?” Twilight called out once more, thinking the dragon mail was his doing.

“I’m here Twinkles!” Masquerade called form up the stairs, quickly descending down, “Sorry, I can’t stay for long. Something has come up and I need to get back to work.” Making to move past the mare.

Narrowing her eyes, Twilight stepped in the stallions way, getting a puzzled look from him as she said, “What happened, do I need to tell the Princess of it?” Already having a feeling they already knew by now.

Pressing his lips tight for a moment, Masquerade prioritized his thoughts before saying, “I already sent a letter to them. The whole Cinder Lock situation is much worse then we thought.” Getting a surprised look form the lavender mare, “I’m trying to coordinate the changeling in town to clean up the situation, and quietly. I hate to see what would happen if what has been found got out.”

Now worried, Twilight asked, “What did you find, Mask?” Trying to make eye contact with the stallion who was trying to look away. “Please Mask, Princess Celestia wanted me to keep an eye on the changelings in town. You might work for Princess Luna, but I still need to know what’s going on.”

Making a small grunting sound, Masquerade said, “The Cinder Lock we caught was a changeling, one we didn't know about and had arrived only recently.” Shaking his head and looking frustrated at not noticing the unnoticed threat, “He’s already imprisoned the real Cinder Lock, along with about six mares in varying states of harm.”

Looking Twilight in the eye, he could not only feel her shock and disgust, but see it. It was then Masquerade finished with, “The place radiated fear, and there are also equipment and potions that I believed he used. If I am right, we have a high-threat rouge that might be a blood caster. Stage-4 at least, since I didn't even sense he was a changeling. Further more, I think he was…”

Waiting for a moment, Twilight press, “He was what Mask?” Unsure if she wanted to know with how he seemed to be deep in thought.

Looking up and bracing himself, Masquerade said, “I think he was trying to…’train them’, into being obedient to him…”

The effect was immediate, and Twilight felt her throat tighten and eyes widen at the implications. Taking a moment to find her voice, Twilight said, “Train? As in, he was forcing those ponies into some sort of slaves?”

With a snort, Mask said, “No. I think the term ‘toy’ would fit this situation better. If he wanted willing slaves, he would of sapped them of their emotions until they were zombified husks. Or if he was a blood caster, find a way to control their bodies permanently”

Slightly baring his teeth as his eyes slightly glowing, Masquerade ranted, “This, this is pointless. Has no purpose. Meaningless pain with no reason to make up for the crime committed. This is why we normally execute our rouges, their just too dangerous!”

Twilight had found herself backing away at Masquerade’s furious words and angered filled gaze. Despite his calmness, Twilight could sometimes forget how frightening the changeling could become when angered. She was thankful he rarely got angry, and even more so that he had some form of control to keep his temper from lashing out randomly.

But looking at the stallion, Twilight felt something else behind all that anger. It was hard to spot, and she would have missed it if she had not become familiar with the black unicorn’s actions over time. There was also shame, a self imposed kind. A regret as if this was his fault more than the offending changelings fault.

Taking a step forward. Twilight asked, “Mask, are you okay?” Doing her best not to flitch away from his harshly glowing eyes that seemed to glare into her, “Is that all that’s bothering you?”

For a moment, Mask only remained silent and glared at the mare, wanting nothing more than to close himself off and keep his secrets like he’s always had. But seeing those pelting amethyst eyes, he felt those walls warp and wane as he could see, feel and taste Twilight’s concern.

Softening his glare into a pained gaze, Masquerade said, “A changeling rouge was able to get into Ponyville, without my notice, or the other changelings noticing. He attacked Rarity, and threaten to attack you if she ever told of her failed rape.” He let his eyes drop to the floor, sadly saying, “That shouldn't happen. We should be more alert, more carful. It just show’s that I can’t protect you as well as I want to.”

Sighing internally, Twilight nuzzled the crook of her stallions neck before giving him a gentle kiss on his cheek telling the infiltrator, “You can’t do everything Mask. You’re doing your best and that’s all we can ask for.” Backing away, she softly smiled to the stallion in front of her saying, “And when you can’t do something because of your own limitations, that’s when you ask your friends, your family…and your fillyfriend to help out.”

Gaining a small smile, Mask stole a quick kiss form the mare and said, “If I wasn’t head-over-hooves for you, I would be now.”

Giggling, Twilight lightly smacked her coltfriend’s chest saying, “I love you too Mask.” Gesturing to the door saying, “Now come on. Let’s get you to work.” And headed for Cinder Lock’s home.

Sighing, Masquerade followed his mare and softly said, “Are you sure want to see this Twinkles? It’s not pleasant, and I’m worried what would happen to our already weak reputation with ponies.”

Looking back at the rouge heir, Twilight assured, “If you’re there, I will at least have a shoulder to lean on if it becomes too much for me.”

Shaking his head at the lavender mage, Mask said, “Alright, just remember I warned you.” Holding his grin while thinking, because this may make you recoil at how dark the world can really be.


With cauldron boiling and herbs in mixing, one shaman worked and toiled on her latest mix of brew. One made to help ease another's pains and ever foul mood. With diligence and care, was the mixture made. She was a wise and experience zebra mare, whom’s concern was for others welfare.

Everfree was her home, far away where others would make their own. Seclusion and peace was what she had, yet in conflict with the forest that would drive some mad. Yet she persevered in this harsh place, taking it’s hardship and trials with her willing embrace—

“ZECROA, I NEEED YOUR HELP!!!” Apple Bloom barged into the zebra’s hut, scramming her head off and actually scaring away a few predators and their prey, who were not expecting the sudden shouting.

Zecora herself lost grip over the potion she held, rushing her hooves out to keep grip over the flipping-and-twisting flask that held the next ingredient. Catching it between her hooves, the stripped mare let out a sigh and carefully tipped it to let down a few drops into her potion mix before setting it aside.

Though surprised by the filly’s sudden appearance, Zecroa was quick to regain her composure and glance over to Apple Bloom, and calmly say, “Apple Bloom, it is good to see you. But I must ask, why call for my rescue?”

Taking in gasps of air, Apple Bloom closed the door behind herself and said, “M-mah friends ‘ave been taken. Some of ‘em changeling’s are taken ponies and doin’ somthin’ t’ them! We gatta’ do somthin’!” Ending up waving her hooves in panic over the whole event.

Keeping her cool even when the young filly was panicking, Zecroa steadily used a wooden pole to help stir the cauldron filled with liquid, saying, “I do not know what you would have me do. Changeling are creatures I know not how to subdue.” Sounding a little displeased with her lack of knowledge on the recently talked about insect-like ponies.

“Secretive and hidden in shadow. Would be difficult to fight such a foe…” Zecrora slightly narrowed her eyes, trying to think of a way to help the filly she had to come to appreciate. She realized though, that she and her friends might have not seen what they did.

Closing her eyes for a moment to think in peace, the shaman finally said, “To truly know what path to take, we first must see what is true and what is fake.”

Apple Bloom watched as Zecroa leave her potion brew and head into a small closet hidden behind a curtain. Pulling back out, Zecroa placed a brown cloak over herself and went about gathering powders, potions and other mixtures— just in case the Apple filly’s claims were not exaggerated.

Apple Bloom herself was taking her time to figure out everything Zecroa had told her, and could not help but ask, “Wait, what ya’ll are sayin’?” Not sure what the zebra was trying to tell her.

Leaving out of her hut, Zecroa made sure the filly was following after her and explained, “For what time I could hear, the changelings have been very sincere. To assume they change so soon, would show us to be buffoons.”

“Bu-Bu’ we saw ponies stuck in these cocoon thangs’ an’ we go’ chased—” Apple Bloom tried to say, trying to get her point a crossed.

“And I tell you, Apple Bloom. Do not be so quick, to just assume.” Zecroa warned the younger filly, making her way around a small patch of blue flowers that had started to spring up. “Rushing in without thought, may make efforts all for naught.”

Slowly, yet assuredly, Apple Bloom calmed down greatly since she came to the wise mare and her ever calming words in rhyme. It seemed to be because of this that the small Apple filly was to somewhat see what Zecroa was trying to tell her. Though part of her still thought Scootaloo was maybe right, she had to admit that they might have jumped when they should have looked.

Apple Bloom spent the rest of her time in thought as they headed over to where the changelings were apparently gathering. Being Cinder Lock’s home.


When Masquerade and Twilight had reached Cinder Lock’s home, they were greeted to a rather unforeseen sight. In the main room sat Rose and Lilly, both catering to Zecroa and the three Cutie Mark Crusaders, whom chatted adamantly over events past. Their chatting however came to a halt when Masquerade and Twilight were let inside by Serenity.

Looking over the assembly and able to clearly tell they were not some changelings trying to play some prank, Masquerade looked up to where Serenity was still trying to act calm, and simply ordered the changeling in a flat tone, “Explain.”

Letting out a weak laugh, Serenity began to wonder how things could get any worse.