• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 2,154 Views, 132 Comments

Unforgotten - Riddle-Me-Think



The past should not be forgotten, note should it blind us to what the future may hold. With the new change in statuesque between ponies and their new channeling neighbors, the past may be the answer to help set an understanding.

  • ...
8
 132
 2,154

Expected Coming

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


A tense air seemed to descend on the group in front of the gates to the large white castle, as Double Take shyly greeted, “Oh, um… Hey Captain Armor! How have you been?” Trying to put on a disarming smile.

The Captain didn't seem to buy this though, and only narrowed his eyes while telling, “In your last report, you said you would be here two days ago.” Making the pegasus shuffle in place, “Care to explain your lateness?”

Darting his eyes about, Double Take put on a new smile and motioned with a hoof to Ventral saying, “Yes, you see I was able to make a business deal with this fare lady.” Seeming to add a bit more confidence to himself, “I thought that my employer would like to make the deal more permanent.”

Ventral could feel the suspicion rolling off the unicorn stallion, mostly directed at her before glancing back at Double Take telling, “Then I suggest you get moving. Don't want to keep them waiting.” Moving aside for both pegasus and griffin to pass.

Peeking behind herself, Ventral watched as the guard Captain kept his trained eyes on them before disappearing from view from turning a corner. When out of sight and in a empty hall, Double Take looked about and let out a breath, “Geez, that guy’s been breathing down my neck for weeks now!”

The griffin had snapped her attention back the the pegasus that was trying to calm himself and ready for his appointment with his ‘employer’ as it were.

Looking about the decorated halls with great arching supports, Ventral had to ask, “This doesn't make sense, why are we in the castle. I thought you were taking me to the clan itself.” Sending another glare to the pegasus leading her.

With a small huff, Double Take said, “The changelings here have very close ties and connections here. They are able to live here, and their standing makes them untouchable to most of the guard.”

Okay, so maybe this whole clan isn't insane as I thought. Ventral seemed to concede to herself. Knowing that the clan had dug themselves so deep into Canterlot, it made sense why they weren't discovered yet. Still, she was getting the nagging feeling something was off about this.

Shaking her head and letting out a yawn, Ventral continued to force herself to keep awake, despite her tiredness. If it were not for her tiered state, she might had noticed the path they took, or the two large doors they headed towards. Her tiredness however, didn’t stop her from noticing who was inside after the two large doors were opened to let them in before closing.

There, sitting on one of two thrones, was Celestia. She looked down with a warm and kind expression while her pastel colored mane flowed in the magical winds the none could see or touch. Ventral watched in some trepidation as this white alicorn, taller then even herself, rise and make her way down the steps to her thrown, wings spread to give a more dominant outlook.

Reaching off the final step, Celestia was now ground level with them both, and stood before the two with an unreadable warm expression. Turning her deep amethyst eyes to Double Take, she ordered, “My sister is awaiting you in her chambers. You are to report to her now.”

Without a word, Double Take bowed and left quickly, Leaving a stunned and confused Ventral to watch the pegasus rush out of the room. “As for you.” Celestia’s voice once more said, making the griffin almost freeze in place, “I would ask that you relax and take a seat.”

Now turning to the solar princess, Ventral could see a motherly like smile on her muzzle as she told, “I know you must be exhausted from the trip, but there are a few matters I wish to discuss with you.”

Seeing the Griffin slowly nod to her, Celestia once more smiled and said, “Before we start, I would like to ask for your name.” Then seem to add with a more sterner voice, “And I mean your real one, not the one you use as a griffin.”

Not giving the off guard faux griffin a chance to respond, Celestia pushed on, “Yes, I know you are changeling. I can tell by how your magic merely feels around you.” But gained her once kind smile telling, “But I still wish to know your name, and just talk about a few things.”

Gulping and trying to keep her body from shaking, Ventral felt the pure need to panic at the moment. She was questioning her reason for even coming to Canterlot, even if it was for Iota. With a gulp of air, she shakily said, “I-I am a scout t-to the Salient Clan, V-Ventral.” Feeling slightly ashamed at being such a quivering mess.

Folding her wings and sitting before Ventral, Celestia calmly told with a hoof to her chest, “I am Princess Celestia, Co-ruler to Equestria.” Then turned her gaze to the back of the room telling, “And I believe there is somepony here to see you.”

Following the princesses gaze, Ventral felt shock run through her body as another alicorn with a pink coat lead a single undisguised changeling into the room. Upon entering, the changeling spotted her and gained a large, bright smile calling, “Ventral!” Rushing straight over.

Unsure what to do, Ventral only sat in place as the smaller changeling ran up and hugged her, giving off small waves of happiness. Looking down, Ventral nearly whispered, “Iota, is that really you?” Not willing to trust her sight alone, just in case this was another fake.

Looking up in surprise for a moment at the question, Iota thought about the question before gaining an impish smile, “Will you admit you have a crush on Ebon?”

“I do not!” Ventral Immediately denied with a turn of her head, “All I said was his persistence is sorta attractive…” Then glanced down to a still smiling Iota who only hummed and nodded knowingly. “Oh, shut up.” Ventral looked away once again, making Iota laugh.

Hearing the sound of a voice being cleared, both changelings turned their attention to Celestia, who was smiling at their reunion. “I know you might wish to take a moment to reunite with Iota here, but I ask if you could still answer a few questions.”

Looking between her clan sister and one of the two alicorns in the room, Ventral nodded saying, “I-I guess.” Looking a bit unsure of herself.

Patting the faux griffin with a hoof, Iota assured, “Relax Ven, the princesses are really nice. Their just a little curious about our clan and trying to make a good impression for us.”

Nodding to what the changeling was saying, Celestia told, “Iota is correct. We only want to have peace made since changelings have reappeared.” Giving a sincere smile.

Still looking nervous, Ventral breathed some to keep herself calm and said, “Alright, what do you want to know?”


Outside the thrown room doors, Masquerade took a deep breath in and let it out, changing back into his unicorn form as he did. With a grin hew said, “Stag, I’m good.” Bending his neck this way and that to help loosen up.

“Oy, that was a act to pull.” Masquerade chuckled, slightly rubbing his chest to feel how much it had healed from the light scratch he got. Not feeling any pain, Masquerade nodded to himself pleased, happy to know he pulled back just enough so his act could pull through. He didn't like getting hurt much, but the time required him to shake up Ventral a little.

Turning and plotting a course for Luna’s tower, Masquerade began to trot through the halls with a rather pleased look. Granted his mission didn’t really follow every path he wanted, but over all it turned out with the needed result.

Hearing the tells of another walking next to him, Masquerade once more stretched out his senses and grinned further, slowing up to say, “Nice acting their Armor, I didn't pin you for being able to pull a good facade.”

Making his way next to the infiltrator, Shining Armor smiled back, “Being a guard for so long teaches you how to keep up a good front.” Giving a slight glance back to the thrown room, “I’m actually a little surprised at how well you got a changeling to follow you here.”

Smirking to the guard captain, Masquerade told, “It’s all about how you present the audience your story. A little truth here, a tiny lie there and a big wallop of feeling can get you places.”

Giving his black counterpart a questioning look, Shining had to ask, “So, what made you so sure this plan would work?” Recalling the plan the infiltrator had sent the princesses in a package of letters that had arrived a few days back.

Masquerade gave a light shrug telling, “In honesty, I had to work up a good act to make sure there were no gaps on my part.” Making the next turn towards his destination, “I had to come up with a few ideas to buy myself some time and make sure Ventral didn't just kill me or something.” Then rolled his eyes saying, “If she did, I would have been forced to show my hoof and drag her here.”

Raising a brow, Shining asked, “Why didn't you? From what Cadence told me, you had a team pick up the last changeling.”

“Didn’t want to explain my luggage to the locals.” Was Masquerade’s simple reply, “There was also the fact we were stuck in a blizzard, or that the nearest town— sorry, nearest city was nearly a day away.”

“In short, too much trouble.” Shining summed up.

Mask gave a single nod, “Way too much trouble. It was more easy to just trick her here, then go through all that trouble.”

Giving the changeling a strange look, Shining could not help but say, “Isn’t tricking a changeling into following you here just as much trouble though?” Wondering what sort of acting and tricks the infiltrator had to do for nearly three weeks now.

Grinning, Mask said, “It’s only work if you don't enjoy it!” Chuckling at the white stallions expression, “I’m a' actor, Armor. Should it be surprising that I somewhat enjoy my work in putting up a very convincing act?”

Blinking a few times and thinking on it, the guard captain lightly chuckled, “I suppose I can see that. Acting’s is the closest thing you have to a special talent.” Giving the two mask’s on the black unicorns flank a small glance.

Seeing the staircase that would lead to Luna’s chambers, Mask agreed, “I may not be a pony, but I like to think that acting is what my mark would be.” Breaking away from Shining, calling back, “Later, Armor, I have a princess to report to!”

Stopping and waving at the infiltrator, Shining told, “Just stay out of trouble, I know how much you like to stir things up.” Trying to add an edge of authority to his voice.

Stopping halfway up the stairs, Mask looked back at the guard captain and asked innocently, “Who, me?” Grinning as he lit his horn and used his still rather new invisibility spell to vanish from sight.

Staring at where the fake pony use to stand, Shining shook his head mumbling, “I still get this gut feeling about what he does when we’re not looking.” Not meaning it in a offensive way. Masquerade has shown he was rater nice, but whenever he was around, things tended to vanish or suddenly have problems. Like Princess Celestia’s cake just up and vanishing now and then.

Unfortunately, the guard captain would not find out today, as Masquerade continued to climb up the stair way with some speed. His invisibility spell had worn off just nine seconds after it’s casting, something the infiltrator was trying extend. Maybe that’s what I can do with Twilight when I get home. figure out how to extend it’s use.

Reaching the top of the stairs and sighting two thestrals that had armor to the lunar guard, Masquerade walked before them and told, “Princess Luna had sent for me.” Waiting in place as the guards exchanged looks before one knocked on the door.

Slipping his head in a moment, the guard kept his voice low, to hopefully keep his words from being heard. Bringing his head back out, he turned to Mask telling, “You may enter.” Standing back in his place and letting the infiltrator pass.

Masquerade gave a polite nod, passing the guards and entering the personal space belonging to Luna. The room was very dark compared to most of the castle, which was usually a marble white. Instead, the faux unicorn felt a bit more at home in the darker room that had a night like blue coloration to it. It seemed to give the illusion that the room was much more larger, and to the changeling felt easy on the eyes.

A number of pillows and scrolls scattered some parts of the floor, while a large circular bed was in the rooms center. Off to the left was a few stands with canvasses, each one having different paintings being made. To the right of those was a desk, stacked high with books and scrolls of all sorts. Above the desk and on it’s own rack was Luna’s sword, Lunar Eclipse, hanging proudly over her small study place.

To the other side of the room was a telescope, set to the side of the doorway that lead out to a balcony. It was on the balcony that Luna was sitting, eye focused and magic steadily being used to hold a brush aloft. In-front of the night princess was another canvas, one holding a orange sky and slowly rising sun that lit up a dawning day above Canterlot.

Masquerade, though mischievous and loving to surprise others with unexpected sounds, waited. He could tell the work Luna put into the painting she was making, able to feel the emotions she unknowingly projected onto the object before her.

Making a few more strokes to help shade some areas and make a few shadows in the streets of the painting, Luna set the brush down. She then gave the painting a critical look over, darting her eyes form the image she was making to the real thing outside. Seeing as the best time, Masquerade walked over to Luna, purposely making his steps heavier to announce his presents without voicing it.

Hearing the clopping of hooves, Luna said, “Good day to thee, Masquerade.” Turing her attention away from her current work and to the infiltrator, “We hope thy task went as expected?” Using her magic to lift her painting and her paint supplies inside.

Seeming to take a moment to think, Masquerade said in an iffy manner, “Could have gone better, could have gone worse.” Watching the princess as she put up her things, “I hope you got my report in advance from the letters I sent, princess?”

Giving a nod, Luna conformed, “Verily, Masquerade. We received thy letters, and thy report in it.” Moving past the infiltrates and setting her art next to her other projects, “But even with thy reports given, we still wish to hear it from thee.” Turning in her place and sitting down on one of the many scattered pillow cushions.

Taking this as a sign to take a seat, Mask lit his horn and collated a few pillows to half lay on and relax, asking, “So, you want me to give my report here and now anyways?” With a raised brow.

With a small smile, Luna said, “Thou mayest shorten it, seeing as home might be in thy mind?” Getting a nod from Masquerade, though he felt there was more to it then that.

“Alright, so quick version of my report.” Mask nodded, “To summarize it, I spent nearly half of the first day searching and waiting outside the Salient clan. After a long wait, a scouting team left, ready for a long trip. I found this both suspicious and intriguing, so I followed.”

“The following week I took my time watching each member of the three scout team, so I might take the place of one of them.” Here Masquerade paused a moment to yawn. Even know he was use to pulling some rather difficult missions, the lack of sleep and long fast flight from the Griffin Kingdom to Equestria was pushing it.

Shaking his head to keep awake a bit longer he told, “They stopped at a settlement that was going to be a town at some point. Cleft was their lead and scouted out the towns military might, while the two girls, Ventral and Iota, scouted out the available emotions for feeding.”

“I was doing what I could to keep tabs on them all, and was planning a few things when I sent those first batch of letters.” Laying his head down some, the unicorn-disguised-changeling kept eye contact with Luna, “Eventully I decided to snoop around their things, but didn't find anything. I was almost caught and had to hide. This turned out to be a good thing, as they expressed the need to leave and the information of how the griffins were trying to search out changelings.”

That little tidbit still bothered Masquerade, a bit worried what the griffins might inadvertently cause by stirring up trouble like that. Almost like sensing his worries, Luna spoke, “Heed our words Masquerade.” Catching the faux pony’s attention, “We have plans in place for this as it occurs. We will be sure that another changeling attack will not happen again.”

Taking this in, Masquerade nodded, taking a moment to breath in and continue with his report, “Even know I had plans for if they ever left a bit early, I knew I had to change them when this happened. I took the whole day planning, coming up with the idea of tricking what I figured was an outlaw into attacking the scouting group.”

“My goal was for him to be distraction to the lead scout, but I didn't plan for the lead scout to be as good as he was at evasion, or the younger scout being caught and possibly killed.” That part of the mission was a bit of a botch, and could have gone better, “I had to trick the griffin outlaw again into fighting the older scout instead, while I dealt with my real target. Things still didn't go right, as the older scout was caught off guard and wounded enough he could not defend himself. I was forced to follow the fighting for a while, resulting in Cleft’s unintended death.”

“The griffin was wounded, but he still knew what had happened. I waited for a while for him to get tired before using one of my blades to stab him in the back and let him bleed out. No witnesses left for that.” Masquerade had little regret for this, knowing it was a means to an end. He may have not liked pointless deaths, but the griffin served his purpose, even if it was an unfair one.

“Next I went back to Iota’s location, made the switch and moved away form the crash zone while tied up.” Blinking here, Masquerade asked, “By the way, where are my swords, I didn't see anypony giving them back.”

Taking a moment to think, Luna told, “We do not recall any swords being given to Celestia…It is possible that the guards have them, since travelers that visit day court are to turn in their weapons for a time.” Tapping her chin, she added, “Though, our sister did say one of them refused to give up their weapons…”

Sighing and shaking his head, Masquerade said, “Guess I need to find Shining again and see if we can find my stuff.” He was very attached to his swords, so it was understandable that Mask was a little sad at not having them.

Deciding to dispell those thoughts for the time being, Mask continued, “Anyways. Ventral found me and we went to the clan hive. I was going to spend time digging for all the information I could and then make a grand escape— But the clan head seemed to want Ventral and me to go back out and scout all of the Griffin Kingdom in five days.”

Thinking about it even now made Masquerade confused as to the Salient’s clan leader. It made no sense to throw scouts out so soon after harsh events. “I’ll admit it now princess, this Sardonic guy rubs me wrong. I only met him once during my infiltration of their clan by accident, and I could tell something was wrong with him.”

Taking a moment to consider what he knew, Mask shook his head, “Some of the Salient clan is rather nice, and I don't like the idea of destroying the clan with those few being in the way. But there is also a majority of the clan that will be a threat, and need to be dealt with soon.”

Nodding to the changeling, Luna stated, “Thou art conflicted.” Thinking back to the report she had read, “We could even see it in thy report. Why be so confused, is it not thy job to exploit a weakness?”

“It is, but I don’t know what to think.” It was hard to admit it out loud, but Mask felt he had to address it, “In truth, I think that clan is going to rip itself apart without us getting mixed in. Sardonic isn't setting a good example, and part of my Malek blood is screaming at his incompetence in leading!”

Luna only sat in place, watching as the unicorn half hiss out his words and eyes flash their changeling nature for the briefest moment. Masquerade apparently prided himself on his infiltration skills and being emotionless for his jobs. Apparently part of his upbringing disagreed with his actions, and felt the need to correct them.

“If given the option, wold thou saves' those few and lead them properly?” Luna spoke up, stopping the changeling rouge form continuing, “Or would thou leave them to suffer a fate which was not of their doing?”

Not seeming to give it much thought, Mask said, “There wouldn't be much I could do. Being a rouge infiltrator, none of them would listen to me. Even if I’m an heir, that wouldn't matter much, all heirs are known to lead…”

Stomping her hoof to stop the unicorn from going on, Luna strongly said, “We are not asking what they will or will not do. Do not evade the question and tell us, what is thy want for these few innocent in thy eyes?”

Almost glaring, she asked, “What is in thine own heart on this matter, Masquerade? Tell us!” At this point in time, Luna didn't care for the report in itself. She had read over the whole thing and picked it apart. What she was interested in was Masquerade’s real reasons. His hinted hesitance that was hard to pick out.

Masquerade, despite being so open and helpful in preparing for the ever approaching changeling invasion, was still a mystery to her and Celestia. Twilight Sparkle was the only one the infiltrator seemed to talk to in ernest, and be truthful with. Luna realized she was his employer, and could order him to do many things. But she also wanted more from the changeling rouge, she wanted to know how he worked.

Maybe not as a friend, but in the very least an acquaintance. The princess thought, watching as the unicorn go silent and look down to the polished stone floor of her chambers. In the floors reflection, she could see his bright green eyes dart left to right quickly, an apparent tell he gave, while in deep thought.

Luna waited patiently was Masquerade sorted out his thoughts, weighing each pro and con to possibly sharing his thoughts on the matter. Eventually he looked up and breathed in deeply while telling, “I would help them. Only because of how my mother taught me to treat those under ones leadership…and because I would owe it to Twilight.”

Luna raised a brow at this, finding it an interesting turn of events, and decided to voice it too, “We concede, why would Twilight matter in this?”

Running a hoof along the floor some, Masquerade said, “Changeling take advantage of situations. Being an infiltrator, I take that to the extreme. If one is greedy, I will use it. If there is a weak fighter in the team, use them to harm the stronger. If there is a coward, use their fear.”

The black unicorn seemed to let out a sigh while explaining this, tilting his head to the side some saying, “When the signs of potential infighting are shown in a clan hive, it is a golden opportunity to either break some away and rally for your cause... Or to slowly kill the clan from the inside out.” Looking to the princess, Mask added, “Or maybe make them rip at each others throats while the real attack from your clan arrives to stomp them all out.” Gaining a slight edge in his tone, “I could do so much damage.”

Holding his glaring green eyes to Luna’s calm turquoise eyes, Masquerade looked away saying, “But Twilight wouldn't do that. She would offer them a way out and maybe help them start a new life. And it wouldn’t be so she could weaken the clan, or be some highly praised leader.” Shaking his head and sarcastically saying, “It would be because it was the right thing to do.”

“Is it wrong to do right, just to do right?” Luna asked the stallion that seemed to stare at his own reflection in the polished stone floor. She may not have had the ability to sense emotions like a changing, but Luna could see the conflict going on in the unicorns eyes.

Tapping floor a few times, Masquerade admitted, “I’m not really sure.” Looking dejected at his own words, “I really don't know what to think. Having a clan made it clear as to what I am to do…but now…”

Sighing at how the stallion wasn't going to talk further, Luna started, “We, being Celestia and myself.” Garnering Masquerade’s attention once more, “Are planning to have the scout thee have brought us, to set up a plan to keep those thou felt not deserving of any harm.” Seeing the renewed interest in Mask’s eyes, Luna finished, “We have considered Twilight and yourself to be their keepers.”

Looking slightly concerned, Masquerade repeated, “Twilight and Me?” Not sure if he was comfortable with the idea.

“Thou art a changeling heir, one without a clan to call his own.” The princess of the night said, as if speaking to one of her higher-up guards, “We felt that thou could keep watch on them, direct them in their time of need.”

Shaking his head, Mask denied, “They wouldn't follow that line of thinking. Once they know I’m a changeling rouge, and get to know me, the’ll find out sooner or later, then the’ll throw me right out.” He could see what Luna was trying to do, but Mask knew that those changelings would not accept him. Even without his rouge status, they would be very wary and untrusting of him for years to come.

Narrowing her eyes, Luna challenged, “Then what would thee have us do?” Trying to exert some of her authority, “They are but a small fraction that could be swept away easily by the tides of battle. If they will not trust thee, then who might they turn to?”

“You!” Mask quickly said, making Luna stop, “They don't know you like they do Celestia. If you can make the foundations with these two scouts, then their viewing of you as a potential leader will rise. They might chose you, a benevolent pony, over a warmonger like Sardonic.”

There was a long pause after Masquerade's very fast and quickly used words, making time itself seem to slow as the princess thought things over.

“Us?” Luna pointed to herself, honestly confused why the changing heir would consider her.

Shaking his head, Masquerade corrected, “No, no us. just you. The royal ‘we’ used to describe you and your nation do not come into this.” Looking down to think on how to say his next words, Mask thoughtfully said, “They need to know Luna. Not the princess of the night, alicorn able to move the moon, sister to one of the most powerful pony in the world— But Luna.”

“Changelings would follow you Luna, you have the traits needed.” Masquerade stated while waving a hoof, “And I don't mean your riches, your power or tittle of princess.” Now pointing his hoof to the night alicorn saying, “I’m talking about your benevolence, your mercy and understanding when it’s needed. As well as your passion to lead your followers into the thick of battle, fighting beside your own and surfing the loses they have to endure.”

The utter shock Luna felt was rather overwhelming in a sense, rather surprised at how the changeling before her was making her out. Mask then tuned to her weakly grinning, “I had heard good things from miss Sunshine from ponies. But I’ve only grand things from changelings that got to meet you.”

taking a moment to collect herself before speaking, Luna looked the fake unicorn in the eye asking, “And where would thee hear such things?” Trying to build up the same pressure she had before when the changeling was uncertain, “Who hath talked about us in such ways, or you have time to do such investigations to even praise us?”

“The wedding.” Was Masquerade’s quick reply, “Next to half of the changelings from Ponyville fought by your side, and that spread out to those in the Lue and Gem clans during the wedding.” He seemed to grin cheekily at the end as if proving a point.

Luna observed the infiltrator closely, trying to discern what his angle was in all of this. This whole talk had started on the report she wanted some clarity on from Mask’s perspective. Now, it was like the changeling was trying to worm his way out of being a leader. Normally a power most would grab for without any hesitance.

Seeing as this would turn into a verbal battle between the two, Luna sighed, “Perhaps some more time to consider all available options should be taken into account.” Motioning the disguised changeling before her to rise, “Thou art free to leave Masquerade. We can tell from thine eyes, that thee are weary from thine task we have bestowed thee.” Giving a gentle smile nodding, “We offer thee a place of rest, so that thee can rest thine weary soul.”

Waving a hoof, Mask simply said, “Just get me a chariot back to Ponyville and some time to find my swords, and I’ll be good.” Rising from his place telling, “I want to get home as soon as I can, and let Twilight know I’m alright.”

Standing up as well, Luna nodded, “Then fare thee well, Masquerade. We shalt have a guard ready a chariot to Ponyville.” Following the infiltrator to the door to her chambers.


In a guest room in the castle, Ventral trudged slowly in, having a hard time moving due to how tired she was feeling. Half way through the questions being asked Celestia began to notice her worn-out state before asking about her well being.

Though she tried to protest, it was painfully obvious to Iota that her fellow clansmen was running on fumes and needed rest. It was with this that the pink alicorn offered to show them a room they could use until Ventral was more rested. As they had made it to the room, Iota was able to cox the scout into changing back into her changeling body, mostly to help the mare feel more comfortable.

Now that they were in the room, Ventral could not help but lock her eyes onto the first bed in the room and walk like a zompony towards it. She didn't even register the small laughs both alicorn and fellow changeling gave to her actions, all that mattered was that soft, warm and ever so inviting bed.

Getting on it, Ventral didn't bother with the covers and just dropped like a brick on it, falling asleep in moments of being on such a soft bed. The two other occupants continued to giggle and laugh at the scene before Cadence bid Iota goodbye until evening.

Iota did the same, closing the door after the alicorn princess and then joining her clan sister on the bed and getting in a nap for herself. For once in many days, Iota felt content with having another clan member so close. She felt a bit of home was with her once again, promising her that she wouldn't be alone.