• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 16,343 Views, 200 Comments

A Boy's Tears - MetalBrony823



A young boy named Colin Fraser, has lost his parents, and finds new friends when he is suddenly teleported to Equestria

  • ...
49
 200
 16,343

Colin meeting the Crusaders/Feeding Fluttershy's animals

Fluttershy was watching Colin sleeping peacefully in his sleep, making sure that he was okay. "Oh, you sweet little baby." Fluttershy thought. "I'm really sorry about your mommy and daddy." He had been asleep for one hour, and he still had his pajamas on. All of a sudden, he woke up with a yawn, and he slowly sat up.

What he didn't realize is that Fluttershy was watching him while he was asleep. He looked at her after rubbing his eyes, and exclaimed "Whoa! Whoa!" but he calmed himself down, recognizing the yellow pegasus. "Oh. It's just you, Fluttershy. How... how long have you been watching me?

"Long enough. I'm so sorry if i was bothering you, but I'm very worried about you, and so are my friends and the princess'." said Fluttershy sympathetically.

"I know." Collin replied.

"Listen, sweetie, the death of your parents was not you're fault. It was by accident." said Fluttershy as she gently placed a hoof on his small shoulder.

"I don't think I believe that." said Colin. "And Fluttershy?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I'm sorry if I put you through all of this." said Colin.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything, Colin." said Fluttershy. "You didn't do anything wrong at all."

"I just wish that their would be something to cheer me up." said Colin, sadly.

Fluttershy was thinking of a solution. "Would you like me to take care of my animals?" she asked him softly.

Collin looked at her in surprise, and said "I don't know. What if they don't like me?"

"Don't worry, Colin, they will love you." said Fluttershy, trying to cheer him up.

"Are- you sure?" asked the boy timidly.

"I'm positive."

Colin gave a little weak smile and said "Okay. I'll help. I really love animals."

"How wonderful!" said Fluttershy. Colin got out of her bed, and she motioned her hoof saying "Come along, Colin, I'll show you how you how to feed my animal friends." She held out her hoof so that she could hold Colins hand. The human boy reached out his arm, and slowly went downstairs, holding Fluttershy's hoof.

"So are we going to feed them?" asked Colin

"Yep, and I'll show you how. I also have critter friends outside, but we'll do the ones inside, first." said Fluttershy. When they walked downstairs, they saw a bunch of different types of critters running up to Fluttershy, obviously, waiting to be fed to fill up their stomachs, and then, a large brown bear came in.

"AH! A bear!" exclaimed Colin. he stepped back towards Fluttershy.

She turned herself around to sooth him from his fears. "Shh. It's okay, sweetie." she said very softly and yet very motherly. "That's just harry. He is the nicest bear you would ever meet." She looked a the bear and said "Come on, Harry, show him that you are very friendly.

Harry then slowly walked towards the two. He slowly and gently, picked up Colin like an infant. Colin squeaked in terror, but was silenced by Fluttershy's gentle hushing. All of a sudden, Colin felt Harry giving him a very caring hug. It took a little while, but Colin gave into the warm feeling, and hugged him back. Harry slowly sat him back down on the floor as soon as he stopped hugging him.

"Th-thank you." said Colin in a quiet voice. The bear gave a small growl in response

Fluttershy giggled and said "He says 'you're welcome.' So that wasn't so bad, was it?"

"No." said Colin with a small smile on his face. He looked at the other critters and felt a little nervous. It was obvious that these animals have never seen a human in Equeastria either. He had a nervous smile on his face and said very weakly, "Hello." and then he nervously waked his hand at them. The other animals chirped, squeaked, cittered, and made other animal sounds in response, all of them waving their paws and wings.

"They said hello to you, too." said Fluttershy. "This is my new friend, little ones: Colin Fraser." and then the animals replied with animal noises to Colin again. "So let me go get the food." she said as she went outside to get the animal chow. A few animals went up to Colin, and rubbed their bodies from Colins leg's and some of them smelled Colins feet, giving him smiles after that. Fluttershy came back and sat the food down when she saw the animals cozening up to Colin. "Lunch time." she called, and the animals inside the cottage rushed up to her, and begged like a couple of Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies. The yellow pegasus went to the food bowls and filled them up with food. Colin helped her with an extra bag of animal feed, even they he made a mess sometimes.

"Sorry." said Colin as he saw a couple of food bits on the floor.

"That's okay, Colin." said Fluttershy softly. "Accidents happen. Just keep filling them up until i tell you that is enough for them." She patted his head, very gently

Colin followed Fluttershy to two other bowls and she helped her fill it up for the next group of starving animals, who were the porcupines, and the beavers. The two filled the the seperate bowls with many types of fruits, like Cantelope, berried, and honeydew, and went onto the next one, which were for Harry, the ferrets, the skunks, and the badgers. Fluttershy went into the kitchen and pulled out a big box of berries, and a huge fish for Harry that Fluttershy found dead at the river near her house.

"Enjoy." said Fluttershy as the other animals ate their food. "Now we go on to the bird feed." she said to Colin. "Follow me at my front yard." She picked up the bird feed at the far end of the cottage and picked up two bags of bird seed. She gave it to Colin, but worried that it was too heavy for the boy to carry. "Would you like any help?" asked Fluttershy

"No. I'm okay." said Colin. He followed her outside to her front yard, and he slowly poured the seed on the lower levels of the birdhouse. Fluttershy hovered a little, and poured the bird see on the upper levels. many birds such as finches, sparrows, and larks flew in and ate. "Great job, Colin." said Fluttershy as she went down to the ground.

"Thanks." said Colin.

"Now we go to the back of my cottage to feed the animals that love outside of it." said Fluttershy. "Why don't you help me feed my chickens?"

"Where are They?" asked Colin.

Fluttershy pointed her hoof towards her chicken coop, and said "Right over there." She grabbed the chicken feed, and another bag for Colin as well. "Here you go, sweetie." said Fluttershy as she gently gave the other chicken feed bag to Colin. "Just do what I do."

"Okay. I'll try." said Colin. He followed Flutttershy to her chicken coop, and saw that many chickens gathered around the two, clucking for the food that's about to come to them, like the animals inside of the cottage.

"Don't worry, Colin. They won't hurt you." said Fluttershy. "Okay, my chicken friends, here comes your feed." She dumped half of the feed from the bag into a trough. There was another trough and Colin was about to dump it, and right before he could dump it, he asked her "Fluttershy? How many food should I dump?"

"Just half the bag, sweetie." said Fluttershy. "I'll tell you when to stop."

Colin dumped the food in the trough, and Fluttershy told him that it was enough food. Colin closed the bag, and then sat it down on the ground.

"Wonderful job, Colin." said Fluttershy.

"Thanks, Fluttershy. I just love animals."

"Good. Now let's go over there." said Fluttershy, pointing her hoof to another part of her backyard. there were other types of animals that weren't just woodland creatures. There was a sea lion, a bat, an eagle, a peregrine falcon, many rabbits, a male white goat with horns, otters, some raccoons, a few deer, an owl, and many other species of animals. "Ill feed the birds, and i'll help you feed the animals on the ground."

"But... what if they hurt me?" asked Colin. "They might bite me."

"Don't worry, Colin. They won't bite you." said Fluttershy. she went to the trees, and birdhouses, and fed them. As soon as she was done, Colin saw the goat a few raccoons and an otter walk up to him.

"Don't hurt me." said Colin, covering his eyes, waiting for something bad to happen to him. He staggered and fell backwards to the ground, and felt an otter crawl on him, and hovered his face over his. The otter licked the boys face, making him laugh. "Stop that! Hahahaha! That tickles!" he exclaimed.

"That's enough, Luther." Said Fluttershy. The otter went off of the human child, and he went stood back up. "Luther was just playing." Said Fluttershy with a grin

The goat walked up to Colin, and sniffed his body. When he was down, he chewed on his pajama shirt. "Stop that!" Said Coln, giggling a little.

"Billy." Fluttershy said in a playful yet stern voice.

"Oh ew!" Colin exclaimed. "I got goat spit on me."

Fluttershy giggled at his reaction and said "It's okay, Colin, It dries, and I'll wash it later. Billy was just doing what he likes to do best." Colin petted the goat's side and said kindly "I'm not mad at you. I understand that it was a habit."

The goat bleated in response and Fluttershy translated for him. "He said,'thanks. I like you, kid.' And he said he was sorry. Come on, I'll help you with some more feeding." She and Colin continued on to feed the other animals. The animals never gave Colin a hard time at all, and they seemed to really like him.

Fifteen Minutes Later

The two were finished feeding the animals in and outside of the cottage, they decided to relax from all that feeding.

"So, how do you feel?" Asked Fluttershy to Colin.

"We'll I- I- feel a little better." Said Colin in honesty. "But... I'm still a little distraught, and... I'm sorry."

Fluttershy lifted his chin with her hoof gently and said "don't be sorry, Colin. It's okay."

"No it's not. What if I don't feel better?" Asked Colin a little worried.

"Don't be silly. You'll get better soon." Said Fluttershy with a smile. "So, would you like me to make you anything for lunch?"

"Ummmmm..... I'm not hungry at the moment." Colin answered

"Are you sure."

"Yep"

"That's fine, I'm just making sure." Said Fluttershy. "Oh, I forgot to tell you about your clothes." Said Fluttershy in remembrance.

"Are they dry now?" Asked Colin

"Yes, let me get them for you." Fluttershy went to her dryer, and took out Colin's clothes, putting them in the laundry basket.. All of a sudden, there was a knock on her door. "I'll get it!" She called. She answered the door, and saw that there were three small fillies: One orange pegasus with a tomboyish type of mane, a yellow earth pony with a bow tie in her red mane, and a white unicorn with white and light purple mane.

"Hi, Fluttershy!" said the fillies in unison.

"Hello, Girls." said Fluttershy kindly. "What can I help you with?"

The yellow earth pony said in a cowgirl accent "Well, Applejack said that the..." she whispered into Fluttershy's ear "Party for this pony is ready for tonight." and then she moved her head back.

"How wonderful." said Fluttershy.

All of a sudden, they saw Colin petting Angels head.

"Aww, who's this little cutie?" asked Scootaloo.

Colin blushed and turned his head to the fillies and went behind Fluttershy in shyness and a little bit of fear.

"It's okay, Colin. These girls are very nice, like every-pony else around here." said Fluttershy. She turned her head to the fillies. "Girls. I would like you to meet Colin Fraser, and he's a human."

"Well nice to meet you, colin." said the white unicorn. then she said "I'm Sweetie Belle, Rarity's little sister.

"I'm Applebloom, Applejack's little sister." said the yellow earth pony

"And I'm scootaloo." said the orange pegasus. "You don't have to be afraid of us, We won't hurt you."

Colin slowly walked up to them from behind Fluttershy, ad said in his timid voice. "Hello."

"It's very nice to meet you." said Applebloom.

"It's... very nice to meet you too." all of a sudden, Colin felt himself being hugged by Scootaloo.

"Oh, that's precious." Fluttershy thought. Scootaloo wasn't really a hugger, but it turns out, Colin was one of the only exceptions to her.

"Feel better now, buddy?" asked Scootaloo.

"Yeah. I... I guess." said Colin.

"So where you from?" asked Sweetie Belle. "And where did you come from?"

"I... I..." Colin didn't really want to talk about it, but he said "I really don't know how I came here to Equestria, but..."

"Girls?" Fluttershy interrupted. "Can we talk?" and then she lead the girls to her room upstairs. "There's something you should know about Colin. He... lost his mommy and daddy to a house fire, on his birthday."

"What?" said the girls in unison about to shed tears.

"The poor thing." said Sweetie Belle in sympathy.

"That's sad." said Applebloom.

"No wonder he's shy. He just lost his parents. Poor little guy." said Scootaloo.

"Yes, and I would prefer if you didn't mention it in front of Colin, I don't want him to cry. It's just too sad for me to handle" said Fluttershy in worriment

"Of course, Fluttershy." said Applebloom. "No problem."

"Is there anything we can do to cheer him up?" asked Sweetie Belle

"Maybe at the party for him." said Fluttershy. "This is supposed to help Colin cheer him up."

"Oh! I can show my cool moves on my scooter." said Scootaloo

"And We can introduce him as a Cutie Mark Crusader." Applebloom suggested.

"That;s a wonderful idea." said Fluttershy. "But... I want him to get use to Ponyville first, before he does anything else."

"That's fine. We want him to be happy. Right girls." said Sweetie Belle

"Right!" said Applebloom, and Scootaloo in unison.

"We better get going, but We'll be looking forward to the party for Colin tonight." said Sweetie Belle.

"That's fine" Fluttershy's face grew into a frown. She sighed and said "I just hope that this party will help him."

"I'm pretty sure it will. After all, Pinkie Pie made it looks really awesome." said Scootaloo.

"Maybe you're right." said the Pegasus, a little more happy with the comment. "I'll just have to wait and see what happens for tonight."

"See you tonight, Fluttershy." said Applebloom.

"And don't worry, We'll make sure he is as happy as possible." said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, We hate him being like this." said Scootaloo with sympathy

The girls went downstairs.

"Colin?" said Applebloom

"Yes?" said the boy

"It was very nice to meet you, but we have to go." said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, you are a very cool kid." Scootaloo added. "You should hang out with us sometime."

Colin made a small smile and said "Thanks. that's nice of you." and Scootaloo hugged him again. Colin hugged her back this time.

"See you later, little buddy."

"Bye." Colin replied quietly. The crusaders went out the door and closed it.

"They're very nice to me." said Colin.

"I told you." said Fluttershy. "Why don't you just sit on my bed and relax?"

"Good idea." said Colin, and then he went upstairs to relax from feeding Fluttershy's animals

Author's Note:

I am so sorry if this took so long, I was focusing on my other tales on FImfiction. And I'm sorry if this felt a little rushed, but Enjoy this chapter, my followers and readers. I also hope this is not being illogical for you, and I hope you all like it.