• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 16,305 Views, 200 Comments

A Boy's Tears - MetalBrony823



A young boy named Colin Fraser, has lost his parents, and finds new friends when he is suddenly teleported to Equestria

  • ...
49
 200
 16,305

Twilight's Old Friends/Babysitting

on the east side of the city of Canterlot, Twilight was in front of Moon Dancers' house, one of her old friends, even though she wasn't a good friend before her and Spike's visit to mend fences with her and her other old friends, which Colin will meet soon enough.

Twilight knocked on the door, and said "hello, Moon Dancer, Are you here?"

It took a little while, but when the door opened, it revealed four mares with smiles on their faces. They all gasped, minus the unicorn with a blackish-gray sweater with glasses in her eyes.

"Twilight, hello." Said the blue unicorn mare.

"What brings you and Spike back here?" Asked the mare with white fur and pink mane and tail

"Welcome back to Canterlot." Said the mare with yellow fur and a blue tail and mane. Then they all looked at Colin, looking a little shy as usual.

"Aw, who's this little guy?" Asked the unicorn with the sweater.

"Moon Dancer, Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts. It is so good to see you all again." Said Twilight politely. "Well, we wanted to introduce you to the newest member of the family, Colin. He's a human."

"Hello, Colin. It's so good to meet you." Said Moon Dancer softly. "I'm Moon Dancer"

"I'm Minuette"

"Twinkleshine"

"And I am Lemon Hearts, at your service."

"Hello, it's really nice to meet you all too." Colin said quietly. Even though it was quiet, they all still heard what he said.

"Well, why don't you all come in, we have so much to talk about." Said Minuette.

"Yeah, we would like to know more about you, Colin." Said Lemon Hearts. They all stepped inside and they all made themselves comfortable in Moon Dancer's house.

"So tell me, what have you all been doing?" asked Moon Dancer.

"Oh you know, saving Equestria in it's time of need as usual." Twilight answered modestly.

"That's nice." said Minuette with a smile.

"So tell us about yourself, Colin." said Moon Dancer. "I hope I am not being rude or interloping if I say this but: where did you come from?"

"Oh, i don't mind." said Colin. "I... I come from another world. It's.... another earth."

"Like another universe?" asked Twinkleshine.

"That's amazing." said Lemon Hearts

"What is it like?" Minuette added. The pressure and excitement was a little too much for Colin too handle. A little too much questions for him to answer

"Girls, please!" Said Moon Dancer. "Can't you see you're making him highly uncomfortable?"

"Right, sorry, Colin."

"It's okay." Colin said with a smile. "Well, how I came to this cool place, i.... i.... i don't want to talk about it." his voice changed from happy to sadness slowly just thinking about it.

"Why? what's the matter?" asked Minuette with concern. Her friends started to look concerned for the boy as well.

"He doesn't really like to talk about it." Fluttershy said to them.

"No no no." said Colin. "It' okay mommy."

"Mommy?" said Moon Dancer.

"Mommy?" said her other three friends

"Yes. she adopted me. Please don't laugh at me." Colin a little embarrassed.

"Oh no no, we think it's rather.... cute." Twinkleshine

"Yeah, you are really lucky to have her." said Lemon Hearts

Colin smiled, touched by their words. "Thanks. So, about what happened. It.... It was my birthday many days ago. My mommy and daddy were making me a birthday when I was at school. Then... my daddy accidentally tipped over a blotted candle to a window drape, then.... it caught on fire, so did my mommy and daddy."

The four gasped with shock and mild horror, feeling more sympathy for the boy.

"You mean they're dead?" Asked Minuette

Colin sighed and nodded a yes in reply instead of words. Then he suddenly felt himself being picked up by a pair of arms, then he felt the mares, minus Moon Dancer, hugging him at the same time

"You poor little guy." Said Said Lemon Hearts

"Yeah, we are so sorry that happened to you." Twinkleshine added.

"So sorry." Said Minuette.

"Yeah, Colin. We just hope you realized that it wasn't your fault, and that they are in a better place. With you in it."

"I know. I'm alright now." Said Colin in a more happy voice.

"Good." Said Moon Dancer with a warm smile.

"So, Twilight told me you really love reading books as much she does, is she right?" Colin asked curiously.

"Yep, books are my passion." Moon Dancer said proudly. I can take great pride of being called a bookworm. Well, I used to let books get in the way of my social life, and..." She sounded a little guilty. "Many months ago," she said, Twilight came to me, with Spike. And taught me the true meaning of friendship."

"She was like me." Said Twilight. "We both didn't know a first thing about friendship at first." Twilight told Colin a true story of how Moon Dancer came to be, and how Twilight changed her view of friendship in a positive way. Colin felt a feeling of sympathy and amusement, listening to Twilight's true story, and the party she and Pinkie Pie threw for her.

"That's a very kind thing to do, Twilight." Said Colin.

"Thank you, Colin." Said Twilight

"So, that's how I came to understand friendship and it's importance." Moon Dancer concluded.

"That's amazing." Said Colin. He asked his new family members: "so, you all fix friendship problems all over Equestria?"

"That's right." Said Applejack.

"Our cutie marks would blink a light, then we would meet at the castle to see who gets to go where to solve a friendship problem all over Equestria." Fluttershy said

"Wow." Said Colin in astonishment

"Yep, pretty awesome." Said Rainbow giving him a gentle arm bump.

"So how long have you been in Equestria?" Asked Minuette curiously

"For many days now." Fluttershy answered.

"Do you like it here?" Asked Moon Dancer.

"I love it!" Colin replied with joy.

"Good."

"Well, it was nice seeing you again, Moon Dancer, and everypony else." Said Twilight

"Nice seeing you again too, Twilight." The four replied in unison.

"Oh, and Colin, I want to give you something." Said Moon Dancer. She went to another room, and pulled out a book for him to read some time when he feels like it.

"Adventures of Lester the Lion?" Said Colin. It was a chapter book with one hundred pages long at least.

"Yep, I really don't need it anymore." Moon Dancer replied. "I promise you'll love it."

"Wow thanks." Said Colin, really thankful for his gift..

"You're very welcome, sweetie." Moon Dancer replied.

"Well, come on sweetie. Let's head back to Ponyville." Said Fluttershy softly. "See you all soon." Everyone said their byes to the four new friends, and walked out in the streets heading to the train back to Ponyville.

As they were walking, Twilight said to Colin, "see, I told you they would like you too."

"I know." Colin replied with a smile. "Thank to so much for bringing me to Canterlot, guys."

"Oh of course. Anytime you would like." Rarity replied.

"So, what did you ink?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"Did you like Canterlot?" Fluttershy added

"Oh yeah, it was fun." Colin replied in joy. "Everyone was really nice to me. I hope I can come back and visit again."

"Of course you can come back here." Said Twilight. "Whenever you want to visit again, we can take you, either with my magic this time, or on the train again."

"Thank you, Twilight."

"You're welcome, Colin." They all replied in unison.

"So what are you going to do now, Colin?" Asked Spike

"Well..... I think I am going to read this book when I get back home."

"That's good. I hope you will enjoy it, buddy."

When they both got on the train, they headed back to Ponyville to continue their normal duties and personal tasks. However, when they were riding, Fluttershy had a small frown on her face as if something were troubling her.

"What's wrong, mommy?" Colin asked

"Nothing nothing." Said Fluttershy. "It's just that.... Me and Rainbow Dash, and Twilight had been heard of some diplomatic arrangements in Cloudsdale in the sky. We have been asked to help out, and.... I have to a little later."

Colin felt a frown slowly forming on his face

"But, we did ask Cloudchaser and Flitter to foalsit for you." Said Rainbow. "And they said they would love too."

"Really?"

"Yep, they well take care of you for the rest of the day until Fluttershy comes back home." Applejack said.

"Wow, that's great. I just.... Don't hope you won't be gone for long, mommy. I.... I'll miss you."

"Oh, I'll miss you too, sweetie." Said Fluttershy giving him a hug. "But I promise, I will not be gone for a long period."

Colin smiled and hugged her back with love. "I know, mommy. I know." Then the train continued to a Ponyville.


It was midday, and Colin was reading e new book that Moon Dancer gave him, and he is really enjoying it.

"Colin." Fluttershy called out to him while she was going downstairs. "Sweetie, I have to go soon, and Cloudchaser and Flitter will be here any minute."

Colin knew this was coming and was still saddened by this. However, he knows that it will only be for a number of hours or half a day at least. "Okay mom, when do you think they will get here?"

Then the doorbell rang, speak of the devil. "Right now." Fluttershy answered. She opened the door, and their was the twins, just as she predicted. "Hello, Cloudchaser, hello, Flitter."

"Hey, Fluttershy." The pegasus twins replied happily in unison. "Hey, Colin." Then they both stepped inside.

"Hello." Colin said

"Now, please take good care of Colin, please. I hope I am not being..... Pushy or anything. I just.... Don't want anything bad happen to him."

"Don't worry, Fluttershy." Said Cloudchaser. "You saw how we do with Rumble, and Colin is just the same as he is. We promise you we'll make him happy, right sis?"

"Yep. We promise." Flitter added.

Fluttershy smiled. Then she gave them a list. "Now here's the list of things to do, feeding the animals, and when to feed them, and for Colin too."

"Check." The twins both replied in unison

"Alright, well, see you, Colin."

"By mommy."

Fluttershy went out the door, and left Colin with the two pegasus sisters. "You okay, Colin?" Asked Cloudchaser.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Said the boy.

Flitter smiled and said "don't worry, sweetie. Everything will be fine."

Colin smiled back to her, knowing she was right. "I know." He said

"Say, how about we go through Ponyville and have fun at the arcade after we do the lis, hmm?" Cloudchaser suggested

"Okay." Colin replied with a smile. Then he continued reading his book.

"Besides, I know what you would like." Said Cloud with a smile

"What's that?"

"Tickle time!" The twins exclaimed playfully. The both pounced on Colin and began tickling him mercilessly, and laughing hysterically. Sounded like things would go pretty well between Colin and the two.