• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 16,336 Views, 200 Comments

A Boy's Tears - MetalBrony823



A young boy named Colin Fraser, has lost his parents, and finds new friends when he is suddenly teleported to Equestria

  • ...
49
 200
 16,336

Finding Colin

At the school, Cheerilee noticed that Colin wasn't in her classroom at the moment. She wondered where could he have been? Not to mention that the crusaders weren't there either, and predicted that they would be back from their little errand by now. Nevertheless, she decided to take roll call on her students anyway when suddently, a sudden force flung the door open. It was Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle.

"Girls? Where have you been?" Cheerilee asked in a mixed tone of worriment and strictness.

"Miss, Cheerilee, it's terrible." Said Scootaloo. "Colin ran away from home."

The teacher and all of the students gasped in complete shock, except for the two fillies named Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Evil grins formed on their faces, and we're quite satisfied with the wicked, nasty deed they did to poor Colin yesterday.

"What? How did this happen?" Cheerilee asked, very worried and concerned about Colin right now. "What should we do?"

"Well, We will figure something out." Scootaloo answered, trying to remain calm as possible. She, along with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom saw the two mean girls. All three of them glared at them with intense anger immediately

"You!" said Sweetie Belle, pointing her hoof at them. It actually did scare those two fillies a little, for they had never heard and or seen the crusaders, but they pretended to not be scared of them.

"Like, us?" said Diamond with false innocence

"Yeah, you snarky, overreaching little-!!"

"Scootaloo." said Applebloom. "We'll deal with them later."

Scootaloo reluctantly decided to just go with finding Colin more than beating up Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, because finding the poor boy was her top priority, along with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom's top priority.

"What is going on?" Cheerilee asked

"Colin ran away because of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon picking on him and hurting his feelings." Sweetie answered.

"They were picking on him saying that he was not a real member of the family, because he was not a pony." Pip added. He remembered what happened all to well.

Now Cheerilee glared at the brats. "Diamond, is this true?" she asked them, very sternly

"Like of of course not, ms. Cheerilee." Silver Spoon lied to her. They both tried to look innocent by trying to form very cute smiles but to no avail.

"Girls." Cheerilee said, gritting her teeth, demanding them to tell the truth.

"Like, okay, yes." Diamond said, giving up. Cheerilee was too smart to fall for their evil cuteness.

"Why would you do such a thing?" Cheerilee asked

"They were jealous that Colin was getting all the attention and not them, Ms. Cheerilee." Rumble said, stepping in.

Cheerilee was highly disappointed with the two snobbish fillies and scolded them by saying. "We'll deal with you later, and I will tell both your parents about this."

"Yes, miss Cheerilee." said the two brats, bowing their heads, knowing that they will face punishment soon enough.

"Well, don't worry, Cheerilee. Discord, Twilight, and our friends are going to help us." Said Applebloom.

Cheerilee felt relieved to hear that, for she new that Discord was better at finding things or anypony better than anypony else, even Sherlock Hooves. "Well, I hope that they all find him." She said

"We hope so too." Said Pip.

"That's why we have come to ask all of you for help." Scootaloo added.

"Of course we will help you. Right students?"

"Right!" Said all the school colts, except for Diamond and Silver as usual, who both rolled their eyes and nodded their head a no in annoyance.

"We'll need all help we can get." Said Rumble. Everypony raced out of the school to look for the human boy, but Diamond and her only friend just walked in annoyance. They figured that if Colin was found they would punish them and equal more misery for both of them.


Cloudchaser and Flitter were just talking a random conversation about the Wonderbolts, most notably Soarin, the number one stallion of the whole Wonderbolt team. "What do you think of his mane?" Asked Flitter

"Well, his is awesome, but I think my heart belongs to Thunderlane." Cloudchaser replied with honesty.

Flitter smiled. "I can appreciate that, sis." She said, accepting her personal opinion. Their conversations were at a sudden halt when they heard two familiar voices that they both knew since Fly camp.

"Cloudchaser!" Said a voice that sounded like Fluttershy's

"Flitter!" Said another voice that sounded a lot like Rainbow Dash

The two sisters were a little surprised but how the way they were running up to them, panting. "What is it, guys?" Said Cloudchaser, a little concerned about them

"It's Colin." Fluttershy said. "He... He ran away from home." Fluttershy was about to shed a tear but decided to stay strong and focused on finding her new son as her to priority.

Cloudchaser and Flitter were just as shocked as anypony else would be to here a nice and sweet child like Colin just running away from home for an unknown reason. "What?!" They both exclaimed in unison.

"What happened?" Asked Flitter

Rainbow Dash stepped in to reply and she said "it's a rather long story, for now, we need to find him."

The two sisters faces turned from worried to determination to find him at any cost and anything necessary to bring him back. "Right!" They both said with a head nod in unison. "What do you want us to do?" Asked Cloudchaser.

"We're going to use all the help we can get, me, Flutters, and other pegasus ponies are going to look for him from the sky, and split in groups. You two will come with us, Twilight and the others for status reports and Discord is going to help us." Rainbow instructed.

"Okay!" The sisters replied to her

"Good. now meet follow us to meet up with Twilight." Said Fluttershy. The pegasus sisters followed Rainbow and Fluttershy to the meeting point to find Colin.

"Don't worry, Colin." Fluttershy thought. "We'll find you."


It was in the middle of some kind of forest, with the leaves all orange, or orange-red, falling from the branches of all the trees. The gently breeze of the wind began to blow the leaves away into the dirt path that Colin was walking through. The boy looked around, trying to find shelter from an danger that he think could harm him.

Finally, he found a cave, that looked pretty safe, and it was not so big. He slowly walked over to see if there was any bears of other dangerous animals living in it, and luckily there was not a dangerous creature in sight, or hear any type of loud snoring from any bears.

"I'm sorry, mommy." Said Colin in a depressed voice. "I'm sorry if I am not a pony." He closed his eyes and began to sob really softly and quietly. "Diamond Tiara was right." Then he felt parched all of a sudden, and felt like he needed to drink some water. He got out of the cave and looked around and then, there he saw, a small lake that was clear blue. He knew it sounded a little unsanitary, but it wouldn't really do that much damage to him like swampy, scummy waters would have.

He knelt down on his knees in front of the lake, and he looked at his own reflection from the mirrors of the waters. He looked at himself for a brief while, and then became angry, splashing at his own face of he reflection. "I hate myself." He said with frustration.

"Don't say that, sweetie." Said a voice.p that sounded like a beautiful woman.

Colin looked up with surprise and wondered who it could have really been. "Mommy?" He said, realizing who said that

"Do not worry, son. You should never let anyone tell you if you are not wanted by anyone." Said another voice that sounded like a man

"Daddy?" Colin said, recognizing the other voice immediately. He looked around for his parents or any traces of him. Finally, their they were, glowing like ghost with angel robes and wings.

"Hello, son." Said Benjamin

"Hi sweetie." Said Evelyn.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Colin exclaimed with pure happiness. "It's you." He hugged them really tightly. But didn't feel their bodies. He realizes that they could not be touched. "Mommy, daddy, I am so sorry if I caused all of is." He began to she'd a few tears again. "It's all my fault you guys are gone forever."

But then he felt a soft hand gently touching his cheek. "Shhh, don't say that, sweetie." Said Evelyn. "It was not your fault"

"We would never blame you, buddy." Said Benjamin. "We know you would never do such a thing like that, and besides, it was just by accident."

"I... I know, but it was my birthday and-"

"Honey, you should never believe that it was your fault." Said Evelyn

"Look son, we are not dead." Said Benjamin in a comforting voice.

"Why... Is that?" Colin asked

"We may not be at our bodies, Colin." Said Benjamin "but... We live.... In you." The boy gently felt his large beefy hand touch his chest. "We will always love you Colin. Never forget who you are. You are our son, and we love you just as much as we love your brother."

It too, a while for Colin to be convinced, but he finally said at last "can you please... Tell me if Johnny knows if what happened?"

"Oh sweetie, don't worry, we will give him a sign." Said Evelyn.

Colin gave a slight smile to hear that, for he wanted his brother to know that he was okay, even though he has been transported to Equestria.

"Now, we must go. But always remember, never let anyone stop you from what you are...." Brendan touched his chest wi a finger "on the inside" he finished

"We will always be with you." Evelyn added.

"Goodbye, son." Said Benjamin, all of a sudden, they began to vanish.

"Mommy? Daddy? Don't leave me!" Colin exclaimed, panicking to see that his parents were going away again. "Please! Come back!" He exclaimed. However, it had no use, they completely vanished out of sight, and Colin was alone again. "Mommy? Daddy?" He exclaimed. No answer. He bent down on his knees and began to sob into his face once again.


Everypony that cared deeply about Colin were meeting on the outskirts of Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle, with Spike on her back, and Fluttershy herself right beside her, like she was Twilight's second-in-command, was in charge of the plans and ideas, since she is quite a scholar after all. She began her plan by announcing. "Alright, everypony, Colin is out there somewhere. Search high and low for him. Pegasus ponies, you search the sky, the rest of you search on land. Rarity and Applejack, you search in the northern outskirts, Pinkie, Girls, you look in the south, Discord and Paw Print, you look in the west, and Pip, you're coming with me and Fluttershy to the east. If any of you have found him, please bring him back to any of us in Ponyville, and let us know if any of you found him. Now, you all know what to do, right?"

"Right!" Everyone replied, like true soldiers.

"Perfect, now move out!" Twilight ordered. Just like that, Everypony split up to their destined locations to find Colin. When Fluttershy, Twilight, Spike, and Pip reached the eastern outskirts of town, Fluttershy said "I really hope that Colin is okay."

"I hope so too, Fluttershy." Twilight replied with a sigh.

"Oh come on, I'm pretty sure we will." Spike said positively. "Besides, I don't think he could have gone too far."

"Yeah, he's right." Pip said.

"Let's hope you're right, guys." Twilight said with hope.

During their part of the search for Colin, all four of them looked in the trees, bushes, and hedges on the eastern outskirts of town. Pip, and Spike would crawl in so e really small spaces that Twilight and Fluttershy would be too big for like logs, really small caves, and deep underground divots. Sadly. They did not find him anywhere. This made the four be very concerned about him even more. They realized that they just have to keep digging through anything that he would think about hiding in and not give up hope.

"Oh Colin. Where could you be?" Fluttershy thought. They continued on searching for forty five minutes, but still no sign of the child.

Meanwhile with Rainbow Dash and the other Pegasi she led. We're just searching in the sky for Colin. They all had binoculars so that they can get a better view on the ground for an luck coming to them.

In the meantime, Cloudchaser asked Rainbow "so, why did Colin ran away?"

"Yeah, why?" Flitter added

"Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, that's why." Rainbow answered, really just angered by saying those horrible children's names.

"Those snobbish rich fillies that pick on others?" Flitter asked

"That's right." Rumble answered for Rainbow.

"Why was that, Rumble?" Asked Cloudchaser

"Well, they were jealous that Colin was... Getting all the attention with everypony, and they hated it, so decided to say that he cannot be a member of out family if he is not even a pony." Rumble answered

"Oh that is lowdown. Even for Diamond and Silver." Said Cloudchaser, really irked at the fillies right now.

"Yeah, that is just mean." Flitter added.

"I know, picking on blank flanks are one thing, but making Colin run away from Fluttershy? That's where we draw the line!" She smashed her hooves together as If she has led any knuckles, but she doesn't have any fingers on. "Now, let's get back to finding Colin."

"Right" said the other pegasus ponies in agreement. They continued their search for any traces or any clues to find him. It took ten minutes, but they also found no trace of any remaining that Colin left behind as he ran away from home.

"I hope he's alright." said Thunderlane, Rumble's older brother. He looked at his younger sibling, and he said "Hey, Rumble. Thank you for making Colin feel comfortable his first day of school, well, at least before Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon came of course."

"Oh, what are friends for." said Rumble, flushing.


Two hours have passed, and Colin wasn't doing anything. He was still at the lake where he thought he met the ghosts of his parents. He stared into the face of his reflection sadly, wondering why he was brought to this world

"What did I do to deserve this?" He thought out loud. He splashed his reflection in the water again I frustration.

He said nothing after that, and stood still. The dead silence was really chilling and a little eerie. The only sounds were only the sounds from nature, like birds chirping, frogs croaking, and the sound of the cold, gentle wind blowing against the boy.

The silence broke when Colin heard a voice. "Colin?" It said. The boy was startled and looked to see who it was. It was Discord who was standing right behind him, towering him. Right with him was Paw Print, the pet shopkeeper. "Are you alright?" He asked

"Discord I... I'm fine." Colin said, looking away from the two.

Paw Print gently turned the boy around to face him "Colin, look at us." He said gently "look at us."

The child reluctantly turned around to face this two rescuers. "How did... You two find me?" He asked.

"Well, I am a magical creature after all." Discord gently flaunted. "I have the scent of a Collie."

"Fluttershy and everypony is looking for you." Said Paw Print, gently placing a hoof on Colin's shoulder.

"They... They are?" Colin said, surprised to hear that.

"Of course, you're her son after all." Discord said.

"But... I'm not a pony." Colin said, sitting back down again. "I can't be loved from all of you if I am not a pony." He sighed. "Diamond and Silver were right."

"Oh no they're not." Said Discord. "Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle told us about what happened on your first day of school. Don't listen to what those two have to say, they are just mean bullies." He gently grabbed Colin's shoulder with his left hand. "Come on, Colin. Let's get you home."

"O... Okay." Colin said.

"Now, hold my hand." Said Discord. The boy grabbed the lion handed part of the Drancequus and he snapped his finger back into the outskirts of Ponyville. Colin was home again. "I'll go tell everypony else that you're okay." He snapped his finger again and was gone, leaving Paw and Colin alone with eachother.

"Mr. Paw Print." Colin said to him. The hippie unicorn looked at him to listen for what he has to say to him. "I'm... I'm sorry if I ran away from Pomyville, I... I..."

"Oh, don't feel sorry, youngling." Said Paw Print softly. "It wasn't your fault. I understand how you feel. But you could have talked to Cheerilee or any one of us. You know that, do you?"

"I do." The boy replied.

All of a sudden, a bunch of flying figures flew towards where e two where on the ground. It was Rainbow and her pegasus posse.

"Colin!" Said Rainbow with happiness. "You're okay." She flew up him and hugged him really tightly.

"Rainbow!" Colin exclaimed also with happiness in his voice.

"Are you alright?" Asked Cloudchaser.

"Yeah I... I guess." Was all the child replied to her.

"We were looking all over for you." Flitter added.

Another poof was heard, and Discord came back wi the rest of the search party for Colin. They were more than happy to see him just as much as Rainbow Dash and the pegasus ponies were.

"Colin!" Exclaimed a familiar voice. It was Fluttershy.

"Mommy!" Colin exclaimed back to her. They both ran up to eachother, and they both hugged one another like a true mother and son would hug. Tears were streaming down both their faces with pure joy. "Mommy I... I'm sorry if I ran away." Colin sobbed quietyly

"Shhhh. It's okay, sweetie." Fluttershy softly whispered to him in his ear while gently stroking his back. "It's okay."

"Oh Colin, we were so worried about you." Said Twilight.

"Yeah, Sugarcube, are you okay?" Applejack added.

"Yeah... I'm fine." Colin replied to her.

"Are you sure, sweetie?" Asked Rarity. "Do you have any boo boos that we should look at?"

"No, auntie Rarity." Said Colin. "I'm fine." Fluttershy the. Broke her hug with him as he did the same thing with her.

"Colin!" Exclaimed another voice. It was Scootaloo's voice. It was her, the girls, Pip, Rumble, and Spike. They all came up to him and they hugged him one at a time. "Thank goodness you're okay." She said.

"Yeah. I thought we would never see you again." Pip said. "I'm so glad you're back."

Colin smiled to hear their kindness. Perhaps Diamond and Silver were right after all.

"Um, everypony. I think it would be best if we leave Colin alone with Fluttershy." Said Twilight. She looked at the boy with a sad smile. "I'm pretty sure he needs relax for a little while."

Colin smiled. "Okay, Twilight." He said

"Come on, sweetie. Let's go home." Said Fluttershy. The boy got up on her, and she went back to her cottage, with everypony smiling at the two.

Pinkie Pie was shedding a few tears of joy. "I love a happy ending." She said while sobbing. It was good to see a mother and son reunited.

Author's Note:

Colin was found at last, now he is safe and sound. The question is what right Paul retribution will Diamond and Silver receive for making Colin faun away? Find out on the next chapter.