• Published 4th Aug 2014
  • 16,323 Views, 200 Comments

A Boy's Tears - MetalBrony823



A young boy named Colin Fraser, has lost his parents, and finds new friends when he is suddenly teleported to Equestria

  • ...
49
 200
 16,323

Second Visit to Paw Print's Pet Store

Colin was back in the cottage with Fluttershy, tending to her animal friends as usual. Colin, as always, helped her out and got it done a little faster

"So, how was it with Pinkie Pie and the Cakes?"

"It was really fun. I learned how to bake cupcakes, pies, cookies, and regular cake and some candy." The boy replied. "They weren't as good as Pinkie's though, but still good."

"Oh don't be so harsh on yourself sweetie. You will get the hang of it, it just takes a little time."

"You're right mommy." Then there was a knock on the door again, and Fluttershy, as usual, went over to see who it was. The pony who was there this time, was Paw Print, the owner of his own pet store that Fluttershy volunteers at from time to time.

"Pawprint!"

"Fluttershy!" said the stallion in a humble voice. He and Fluttershy chuckled as they hugged eachother. "How's it going? Ya alright?"

"Oh of course. How are you this morning?"

"Doing good. Hello, Colin. How are you, mon?"

"Hey, Pawprint. I'm doing fine."

"Good. Well, i was wondering if you two would like to come help out with my animal friends again if you would like to. I would kind like to use Jah help again."

"Yeah, we would love to." The boy said in excitement. "What do you think, mommy?"

"Oh of course, sweetie." She looked at the pet shop owner again and she said to him "of course paw print. Besides, I would love to see all of your animals again."

"Wonderful, wonderful. Come follow me, my friends."

"Just a minute please." The yellow pegasus noted.

"Of course, take your time."

Fluttershy then said bye to her animal friends, and Colin vice versa. Then they both went out the door to the Ponyville pet shop. The boy was excited that he is going to work with animals again.


The place was peaceful like everything else in Ponyville and all of Equestria. Many animal sounds were heard across the little shop. The birds such as the finches and parrots were chirping, the guinea pigs were purring, the hamsters were squeaking, and many others types of animal sounds were heard.

Colin was really happy to be back at the shop since his last visit.

"Well, here we are again." said Pawprint. "My humble little business place, and my second home." in the store, there was reggae music playing from a small boombox behind the stallions work desk. "Now, come with me, Colin. I'll show you what you need to do, okay?"

"Okay." the boy followed him to a closet with some supplies.

"Now before we begin, do you remember how to feed all the animals?" Pawprint asked him, trying to see if Colin knew anything about taking care of animals since the first time he was here.

"Yeah, I do. Can... you please help me just in case? I think i might need some remembering because it's been a while since I have been here."

"Ah, I understand, boy."

"I can help you, if you would like sweetie."

"Oh yeah, thanks mommy."

"of course, Colin."

"I can help you too, Rasta." the stallion volunteered. "With the three of us doing it together, the work will be done much faster."

"I agree. Okay. I'll let you guys help." Then they all went to tending for the animals. Fluttershy and Pawprint helped him with some of the work, and all the animals were really happy to see him, especially the dangerous ones like some venomous spiders, scorpions, and large snakes. Many ferrets and other smaller animals came up to Colin, very happy to see him. "Hey guys." Colin said, noticing the tickling from the noses from many critters. "That tickles

"They are just saying hello Colin." Pawprint laughed

"I know." Many animals crowded around Fluttershy, recognizing her as a lifelong co-caretaker. They all adored Fluttershy like she is their Celestia, which could be true to her nature.

"Oh it is so good to see all of you too, little ones." Fluttershy cooed to them. She picked up a chinchilla and cuddled it while rubbing it's belly playfully. The rodent purred like a guinea pig and enjoyed being touched by Fluttershy, his goddess. As a matter of fact, she is greatly considered a goddess by many animals that she would encounter. Except for that one time when she was trying to get the animals at the Grand Galloping Gala to love her, then went a little insane during the skirmish. She wasn't very proud of that, but that was all behind her now, because Colin and her friends are with her.

Then Colin picked up a small black Belgian sheepdog puppy, and the little creature licked Colin's face, happy for him to pick him up. It made adorable barking that wasn't not too loud, and was more like a little squeak.

"Oh look, Mr. Black likes you." Fluttershy noticed. "Come on, Colin, pet him. He loves being petted.

"Okay." the boy laughed. Then he gently scratched the puppy's head, and he was really enjoying the relaxing sensation. "You are so cool, and cute too." the boy said to the Belgian sheepdog puppy. the puppy made a happy bark to him saying thank you in his tongue

"Oh he said thank you, Colin." Fluttershy translated for him to understand. Colin's smile grew wider

"Oh, your welcome, little guy." then the boy placed the puppy back on the floor.

"Well, come on. There's still some more work to do. Tell you what, would you like to play with the animals later?"

"Yeah! I would love to." Colin exclaimed

"Good. Now, let's move on to the next part of the store, the fish." Then Colin followed his mother and petkeeper to the aquarium section of the store. He was really impressed to see some fish that were not from his Earth, only in Equestria.

"This is really cool." Colin said in amazement

"Indeed, these fish are such wonders of the river and the sea." Said Pawprint. "So, we will show you how to feed these fish." Fluttershy and Pawprint then showed Colin how to properly feed the fish and help him remember from the last time he was here. Colin did a pretty good job and the fish were happy.

"You did a great job, sweetie."

"Thanks mommy."

"Indeed, you are quite a fast learner, boy." The stallion congratulated him. "You are certainly one with the animals like me and Fluttershy."

The boy was thinking about what he just said, and thought that all animals love him, and are really nice to him, like he was their movie star on the red carpet. "I think I am." He said with a smirk.

"Now we go to the reptile amphibian section, and then the birds,and the insects."

The boy then helped with the lizards and the geckos. It was a pretty diverse little section and a little fascinating for him to experience. Their were many reptiles like bearded dragons, basilisks, iguanas, monitors, and some other ones that Colon probably didn't really know about, and then the amphibians which were salamanders, newts, frogs, and other species that he probably might not have heard of as well.

Next, they all went to the bird section, and Colin got to hold a pair of eclectus parrots on both of his shoulders."

Fluttershy giggled. "You look like a pirate, it's so adorable." She said

Then the parrots went on Colin's arms, and were really enjoying using it as their perch. Then Colin had his fun, and then released the parrots back to their cages with Fluttershy and Pawprint's help.

"Now lastly, the insects."

Colin looked at some of the insects like the scorpions, spiders, beetles and all of that. At first he was a little nervous because some of them looked a little menacing."

"Don't worry, star. These animals wouldn't hurt a fly."

"I know. I know."

"Come on. Sweetie, let's get to feeding."

"Okay."

The boy, Fluttershy, and Pawprint then fed all the insects their food, and they were all happy like the other lets that were fed.

"Wow, Colin. You did wonderful." Said Fluttershy. She gave him a hug. "I am so loud of you, sweetie."

"Thanks, mom. That's means alot."

"You're welcome sweetie, what are mothers for?"

"You did a wonderful job, Colin, very good. So, now you can play wight the other animals now, as a reward for your work with us."

"Yay! Come on, mommy."

The yellow pegasus giggled "alright alright. I suppose I can play with you and with the pets." Then she and Colin went to some part of the shop and were enjoying eachother as they were o,aging with many types of animals.