• Published 27th Aug 2014
  • 1,587 Views, 74 Comments

Hearts of Class III: "You, Me… Forever..?" - ImAPonyXY



This story is an anthro love story based around Sweetiebelle and Spike set during their teenage years. There will be explicit and fault content involving drug usage and foul language.

  • ...
9
 74
 1,587

Chapter Six

A Dragon's Grudge Lasts Forever


Spike stormed through the street of Ponyville, still wearing the hospital scrubs, grumbling to himself. He was annoyed at Sweetiebelle, how dare she ditch him when he needed her most and then think that everything would just be okay if she said sorry. He knew that she wanted to make it up to him, that she did want to be with him again but that wasn't good enough for him. He needed to know if she would actually stay with him and not just ditch him when things got tough for the next guy that paid her a compliment... and he just didn't know if he could place enough faith into her.

A thousand questions ran through his mind though, he couldn't help but feel curious about why Sweetie did what she did. He knew that she felt confused, but he wanted to know why she felt so confused or compelled to date such an asshole. Never the less, he knew that he had a right to how he was feeling and Sweetiebelle's waterwork show was far from just. Although, he did still care for her, after all he had once loved her and he had loved her all the way until about half an hour ago. This was taking it's toll on him, he didn't know which emotion he should revel in; whether to be sad, angry, confused or just curious. He was feeling all of them at once and there was only so much that a young dragon such as himself could handle.

"Good dammit Sweetiebelle!" he grumbled to himself as he clenched his claws into a fist. He was infuriated by the very thought of her but for some reason her cute smile made it's way into his mind. He just didn't want to have to bare with the thought of her, he couldn't manage everything he was feeling and his past emotions for her were still somewhat present. A year may have passed but for him no time had gone by. To him, yesterday was her birthday and today they were supposed to be in school. In fact, he didn't even know what day it was to begin with.

"SPIKE!" someone called out from afar. This caught his attention and he turned around, hearing the voice coming from behind him. He saw Twilight flying her way over to him with a sense of urgency detectable in her flight... or maybe it was just that she wasn't too good at it.

She landed in front of and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Spike," she started, "What happened between your and Sweetiebelle?" she asked.

"Not much to say, but I think he deserved a lot more that a yelling to, that's for sure!" he answered spitefully.

"Spike, don't be so hard on her, she's still just a kid, you both are. You don't know how many nights she spent crying over you after we found out that you may not wake up. Everyone was in shock and suffering from grief and she couldn't go to anyone for support because everyone felt the same way as her. With Lyvia in another town and Lil' Dew in Canterlot, she only had Cinder and Scootaloo who weren't much help. The only person in her life that wasn't crying or depressed was Leo. She felt safe around him and she never expected for them to go any further than friends." she took a deep breath, "Yes, she made a bad choice and you don't have to get back together with her, you don't even have to be friends. But the last thing she needs after destroying an entire year of her life is to have the only person she can truly trust yell at her and make her feel that she's worse than Nightmare Moon."

Spike rolled his eyes and sighed, "But she ditched me when I was most vulnerable and left me for a guy that we both hated because he offered her a few compliments. She deserves whatever she gets I think."

"Spike, this isn't like you, you've never been one to spitefully make a person regret all the choices they've made because of something that was out of their control." ... "I think you just need to take your anger out on something else so you can calm down, then talk about how your feeling with someone. Because you can't blame everything on Sweetiebelle, she did was she could."

"Whatever, I don't like her and I want nothing to do with her..." he crossed his arms and pouted.

Twilight sighed and she decided it was time for some good news.

"Well Spike, I have something to say that should cheer you up a little," she hinted.

"What is it?" he asked.

"The headmaster of Canterlot School for Equestria's Gifted has retired and so I am to take his place, meaning that I am able to enrol or re-enrol whoever I want." ... "So, I'm allowing you and everyone else to come back to the school. Sound good?"

"Is Sweetiebelle going to be there?"

"Depends, she seemed enthusiatic when I allowed her to come back, but it comes down to what Rarity thinks is best." she answered.

"If Sweetiebelle's going then I don't want to go..."

"Spike." ... "Don't be like that, your education is more important and a hate-filled fued. Don't give up this chance, because with this new job, I won't be around much to help you study advance magic so you'll have to do it on your own if you don't accept this opportunity. And honestly Spike, I expected more from you."

Twilight's guilt trip worked and Spike sighed in defeat, she was right, his education was more important, it always had been but he just didn't feel comfortable being stuck with Sweetiebelle for such a long time. Never the less, it was a Twilight said, their were high expectations for him, especially since he was the foster child to a princess.

"Alright," he said, "I'll go. but don't expect me to get along with Sweetiebelle!" he stated.

"I don't expect you too, for now at least," ... "Now c'mon Spike, I'm going to take you home so you can get ready, I'm taking you out for dinner tonight."


A few days later, standing on the platform at Ponyville station was Sweetiebelle, Lyvia, Cinder and Lil' Dew on the far side of Sweetie, standing next to Lyvia, was Spike who was trying to avoid eye contact with his ex. He couldn't imagine a more awkward situation.

The trained rolled up to the station and they boarded, hauling their suitcases behind them and saying goodbye to their family. It felt strange boarding this train again, Spike was sure that he wouldn't be able to step foot in it again, but as of lately, fate had a habbit of proving him wrong. Once they managed to find some available seats, the four of them sat down and the most awkward train ride was just about to start.