• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 1,624 Views, 13 Comments

"Dear Rainbow Dash," - xHolyCrowx



What happens to Scootaloo when the other members of the CMC get their cutie marks?

  • ...
11
 13
 1,624

"Dear Rainbow Dash,"

Scootaloo sighed,shutting the door to the Cutie Mark Crusader Club House behind her. That was it...the day she had dreaded had finally come. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom had both gotten their cutie marks with the help of their big sisters...and Scootaloo had nothing...and no one. The once familiar,brightly colored club house seemed empty and foreign to Scootaloo. All of her friends had eagerly went off to celebrate their new found talents with their families. She plopped down in one of the chairs,and picked up a pink crayon. She couldn't leave without saying goodbye to her best friend.
She took a deep,shaky breath,and began to write.

"Dear Rainbow Dash,
I'm sorry I have let you down. All my life you've been like a sister to me...but I guess you have moved on."

Scootaloo paused,wiping tears from her eyes,a few stray ones hitting the paper. Her writing was uneven and crude,another thing she had never gotten the hang of. Another thing she failed at. Her crying got heavier,a few audible sobs breaking through,and it got harder to keep the crayon steady. She tried to hold them back,but they just kept coming. All she wanted right now was to hear Rainbow Dash's strong voice,telling her it was all going to be okay,but Rainbow Dash was long gone. She had been called in by Spitfire for a tour. She was showing the new Wonderboltz some tricks and giving tips. Naturally,Rainbow Dash had taken the offer without hesitation. It was a huge honor for Rainbow Dash,and Scootaloo was happy for her. She had been okay with it at the time,but circumstances had changed. Now Rainbow Dash was gone when she needed her most.

Once her vision was clear,Scootaloo began writing again.

"You've taught me so much,and tried so hard to help me find my talent. I wanted to find it and celebrate with you. You've been the closest thing I've had to family,and I'm sorry I couldn't be a better little sister."

She wiped her eyes more aggressively,as the tears started to come faster. She took a deep breath and stopped for a second. She wanted to be strong. Rainbow Dash would have wanted her to be strong. Her friends would have wanted her to be strong. After some deep breaths she clenched her teeth and started pushing down harder on the crayon.

"I'm sorry I can't fly,I don't know what's wrong with me. I've tried so many times,because all I want is to be like you. All I want is for you to be proud of me,because you're the best friend I've ever had I'm sorry I'm just not good enough."

Scootaloo clenched her shaking hoof snapping the crayon in two. She tossed the broken pieces away,standing up and looking over at the walls. They were covered in posters and drawing that the trio had done. She stared up at one from the Sister-Hooves Social,and swallowed hard. She had colored over the silhouettes of the Mare and the Filly so they looked like her and Rainbow Dash.
Anger and sadness filled her violet eyes,and she tore it off the wall. She stormed around the room,tearing down all the pictures. Soon the floor was littered with fragments of her past. She lashed out,kicking over one of the wooden crates where the Cutie Mark Crusaders kept all their supplies for finding talents. The contents spilled out over the floor. Scootaloo tripped over the mess,falling onto the hard floor. She opened her eyes,and realized what she was going to do. Her solution was right in front of her. She grabbed one of the thick ropes that they had used to see if rock climbing was their talent.
With some difficulty, she tossed it over one of the rafters of the tree-house and then tied one end to the small table, a skill she had learned when they tried boating. She stood up on the chair,legs wobbling just a bit,and tied the hanging end into a noose.

After a few more shaky breaths,she slipped her neck through,and closed her eyes. The coarse rope rubbed against her skin,but she didn't want to think about what she was about to do. Instead she focused on the happy things.
Memories played through her mind,of all the times she spent with Rainbow Dash and the rest of her friends.
When the Cutie Mark Crusaders first met at Diamond Tiara's cute-ceañera.
When Babs came from Manehatten.
When her and Rainbow Dash went camping,and she met Luna.
The time they got the carry the flag at the Equestria Games...
Those memories faded in and out and all she could here was a chorus of her peers chanting...
She tried to hang onto them but the voices just got louder...

"Blank Flank....Blank Flank...Blank Flank!"

It repeated over and over...drowning out everything else into a buzz. The room seemed to be spinning around her,every grain in the wood was a face,mocking and taunting her.

She was the odd one out now. She had no one to share her pain,and no one to help her through it.
She had once again left her behind.

With one last deep breath,she jumped,and flapped her small wings.
The chair clattered to the floor,but Scootaloo couldn't hear anything now.
She stayed aloft for a few seconds,her eyes squeezed shut,her wings flapping harder than they ever had before.

"I love you,Rainbow Dash." She murmured quietly,as her wings finally gave out. She fell a foot or so before the rope was snapped taught,a sickening crack reverberating through the club house,as Scootaloo's body fell limp.

Comments ( 13 )

Nice picture. Now I feel like I'm reading Creepypasta.

4683444 Thanks C:
I made/took it myself:coolphoto:

I believe this story deserves a like.

Well written, and very plausible.

Now reaction time.

I can't. I just can't. I need some form of solace.

6175586 pretend you never read it

needs a second chapter
I'm crying right now

:raritydespair::raritycry::fluttercry::ajsleepy::fluttershbad: so sad...


good story tho! :pinkiesad2:

6885241 I agree, we need a second chapter or a sequel :pinkiecrazy:

Well shit… 😶

Login or register to comment