• Published 8th Jul 2015
  • 1,395 Views, 121 Comments

Doctor Whooves: When Universes Collide - Draconaquest



Omega has crossed Gaea with Earth, creating an unstable planet, and only the Doctor can stop it. But, this time, it will take two sets of elements of harmony, as well as a second Doctor.

  • ...
9
 121
 1,395

The Doctor's Speech

The light faded, and everyone was human once again. The Doctor sighed, and looked at his Equestrian counterpart, who was staring at the vast amount of people in the Ballroom.

The Ballroom has been used for many things before, such as the Grand Galloping Gala, the National Summit, but never before as a briefing, let alone on this scale.

The stage was on the far side of the room, the stained glass windows behind it. Before the stage, lay hundreds of ponies. Celestia’s guards, the Crystal Empire army, and even the Wonderbolts were attending. The Canterlot High six, as well as their version of Twilight were standing in the back of the room, chatting away.

“Who’s the blue-haired guy in the gold armor?” Twilight asked Sunset.

“At a guess,” Sunset said, “I’d say it was the Equestrian version of Flash Sentry. Looks like he became a Crystal Empire guard.”

“He’s kinda cute.” Twilight said, and then recoiled at the thought. “I’ve never thought someone to be cute before.”

“Don’t worry, Princess Twilight’s the same.” Sunset said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Really?” Twilight asked, “Does he go to Canterlot High in your world?”

“Yeah, he does.” Sunset replied.

“I might have to transfer.” Twilight said.

Sunset smirked, and stepped in front of Twilight. “Why?”

“I um…” Twilight stuttered.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anybody.” Sunset said.

Behind the stage, the Doctor, his Equestrian counterpart, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadance, Princess Twilight, Shining Armor, the Princess Twilight’s friends stood.

“Well, time to go on stage,” the Doctor said, “wish me luck.”

“Good luck.” The Equestrian Doctor said.

“Blimey.” The Doctor mumbled, before heading out on stage.

Everyone was chatting with each other, so, when the Doctor tried to get their attention, they couldn’t hear him. He leaned over to Celestia, and asked, “Do you have a sound system?”

“Yes, here’s the microphone.” Celestia said, handing the Doctor the mic.

But, instead of speaking into the mic, he placed his sonic screwdriver to it, and pressed the button, causing the sound to amplify 10 times louder than it normally would.

The Doctor’s face stayed stern, while everybody on the Ball Room covered their ears. The Doctor stopped the screwdriver sound, placed it back in his suit pocket. “Thank you.” The Doctor said, before putting the microphone up to his mouth, and speaking in a loud booming voice.

“A long time ago, there was a man. Like no other. He was trapped in a place that he could not escape. I was the unfortunate soul who had to tell him this. Then, he turned insane. I defeated him, and I thought I would never see him again. I was wrong.

“I faced him again. And, I nearly lost, but, I defeated him again, and I thought to myself, ‘there’s no way he can come back now.’ But he came back today.

“He is causing this. And he is sending an army to fight you. A race of aliens called Daleks. The Daleks are cold blooded killers. They have no mercy, no conscience, and no soul. They will kill you without a second thought. And, they are heading this way.

“In less than an hour, you will participate in the biggest battle in the history of ponykind. Ponykind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest.

“And, you must fight for our freedom. But, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution. But from extermination. We’re fighting for our right to live. To exist.

“And, should we win the day, today will be the day in which we said in one voice, ‘we will not go quietly into the night! We will not perish, without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!!!”

And, the entire crowd cheered, as the Doctor stepped down from the stage, laughing loudly.

“What is it?” Celestia asked.

“Nothing,” the Doctor said, still chuckling, “it’s just, I can’t believe they fell for that!”

At the back of the room, Sunset face-palmed. “What is it?” Twilight asked.

“He quoted Independence Day.” Sunset said.

“Independence Day,” Sunset explained, “is an old movie where aliens invade on the fourth of July. He practically quoted the President’s Speech before the final battle.”

“Well, it worked.” Twilight replied, as the crowd cheered.

Princess Twilight stepped up on the stage. “Alright everypony! Battle positions!”