• Published 20th Jun 2014
  • 19,614 Views, 351 Comments

Cuddling is the best remedy. - TheFimFicCritic



After an injury at work sends you to the hospital, your loving mare Rainbow Dash decides to pay you a visit.

  • ...
39
 351
 19,614

Dinner

You awake from your peaceful slumber and give out a small yawn. Rubbing your eyes you take notice that your hand is still resting over Rainbows heart, its beating relaxing you. You look left at the clock on your bedside table, it’s 4:30 PM… 4:30!!! Goodness you slept for nearly three hours. You look to the Pegasus in your arms and get an idea.

Slowly you crawl out of your bed and stand, stretching slightly. You give a glance at the Pegasus and run a hand through her mane. A smile dawns her lips, a smile dawns your face as well. Turning around you walk into the hallway and turn to your left. Walking into the living room, you turn right and finally reach your destination, the kitchen.

You pull open the refrigerator and pull out some fish for you and a head of lettuce for your mare. Fish is the only meat readily available for humans in ponyville, you are thankful for that. Placing a pan on the stove you prepare to seer the fish by running the meat under running water to clean it. Turning on the stove you wait for the pan to heat up, as you begin to cut the head of lettuce in preparation for a salad for Rainbow.

With the pan heated you place the fish in the pan and season it with some black pepper. Turning your attention back to Rainbows food you pull out some tomatoes and cucumbers and begin to cut them. You may not be the best when it comes to a vegetarian dish, at best all you can do is a simple salad, but it makes her happy. Within moments the salad is finished and about 10 minutes later the fish is done as well.

Going into the living room, you sit down on the couch and wait. A few minutes later you hear the sound of hoofs coming down the hall, Dash is awake. “Hey there Dash. Did you sleep well?”

She walks over to the couch and lies down in your lap.

“Yeah, thanks to you.” She says with a small smile, rubbing her head against your chest.

“Come on, I got dinner ready.”

She nods and jumps off of you then makes her way to the table. You go to the kitchen and grab the salad and fish for yourself and place them on the dining room table. Dash sees the fish and does not even give a reaction. You remember when she told you she had a griffon friend and from what you read they had an appetite for meat.

You both just sit and look into the others eyes for a while before digging in. Dash bites into the salad and looks at you. “It’s good, but could use a little more fruit next time.” all you can do is smile and nod to her.

“I’ll try to make it to your standards next time.” You give her a chuckle.

She smiles and returns to her meal. Your eyes never leave her. Dash looks up at you noticing your stare.

“What?” She asks.

“You’re just so beautiful.” You say reaching out a hand to grasp her hoof. “I don’t know what I would do without you in my life.” Her eyes sparkle with love. “You have brought me so much joy that I can’t even remember the last time I was so happy.”

You know this came out of nowhere, but you felt it was something that needed to be said to your mare. She gets off her seat and trots over to embrace you wrapping her hooves around you. You wrap your arms around her in response. Enjoying the feeling of closeness and peace her embrace brings. Pulling back you both return to your meals. You both sit in silence for a while after that, until Dash breaks the silence.

“Thank you.” She says.

“For what?” You ask.

“For being so sweet and loving,” She says. “I have never felt so beautiful in my life, I was afraid I would never find sompony to love… until I found you.” She sniffles a bit and continues “There were nights I stayed awake just wishing I could be held by somepony who loves me.” You get up and walk to her and take Dash into your arms of love “And now that I have you… I no longer have to do that.”

“No, no you don’t”

She nuzzles you and softly whispers “You make me so happy.”

You kiss her forehead “Now how about we save these kinds of talks for when there is not any food.”

She giggles “You started it.” She says sticking out her tongue.

“I did.” You say with a smirk.

The two of you continue eat on in silence. Basking in each-others presence as you do.

“Hey Dash?”

“Yeah?”

“When did you get so sappy?”

She smiles and says “A couple days after moving in with you. I just wanted to act that way around you. You seem to enjoy it as much as I do.”

You chuckle and give her a nod. To be honest Dash may seem a bit out of her character when she is alone with you, but you would not have it any other way. You enjoy how protective, loving, and caring she is. Heck you thought Dash would have lectured you for getting hurt at work. Instead she got emotional… wow she must love you a lot to come in crying. Or it may have something to do with her limited knowledge on the human body.

Your fork hits the plate looking down you notice that your plate is empty. Dash is already in the kitchen putting her plate in the sink. Getting up from the table, you make your way to the kitchen and put your plate in the sink. Shortly thereafter you and Dash cuddle on the couch. She rests her head under your chin, her wings wrapping around both sides of your body, her right fore-hoof resting over your heart. Your arms wrapped tightly around her.

Closing your eyes you let the feeling of closeness pull you to sleep.

Author's Note:

This chapter gave me a lot of trouble. I hope you guys enjoy this. Sorry it took so long:twilightsheepish: