• Published 20th Jun 2014
  • 19,609 Views, 351 Comments

Cuddling is the best remedy. - TheFimFicCritic



After an injury at work sends you to the hospital, your loving mare Rainbow Dash decides to pay you a visit.

  • ...
39
 351
 19,609

Hearts And Hooves Day

Today Is a very special day. Today is hearts and hooves day in ponyville. You have had a hard time hiding a special gift that you designed with Rarity. A ruby, sapphire, lemon quartz and diamond encrusted necklace pendant of Rainbows cutie mark. Rarity supplied the gemstones while a friend of hers supplied the pendant.

Rainbow has been rather curious as to why you have been spending so much time with Rarity. Though you have told her time and time again she has nothing to worry about, but she still remains suspicious.

Rarity is meeting you in the park today to deliver the finished necklace and you are being extra careful in case a certain blue pegasus is following you. Making your way to the park you keep your eyes in the sky constantly. Luckily there is no sign of Rainbow. You see Rarity Laying on a blanket under a shady tree. She sees you and waves as you start walking towards her.

“Did you get it?”

“Why of course my dear.” She says pulling out a small box.

Opening the small box you immediately gaze upon the brilliant pendant and smile.

“She is going to love this.” You say to Rarity.

“Well of course she is darling. The fact it’s coming from you will make it all the more special to her.”

“You really think so?”

Rarity nods in response.

“Thank you for your help Rarity.”

“Your welcome.” She gives you a friendly hug.

“Sorry to cut this short, but I have to fix a candle light dinner tonight.”

“Well you better hurry on home it is almost sundown.”

You nod and give her your thanks once more before turning and walking away. On your way home you could not help but think about tonight. Dash wanted a little more fruit in her salad the last time you made dinner, this time you will make Dash the perfect salad.Reaching your front door you push it open and notice Dash is not home yet. It saddens you a little but you have to make a nice dinner. You’re not in the mood for fish tonight so you will make a salad for yourself as well.

Opening the fridge you pull out a head of lettuce, a tomato, cucumber, and strawberries. You immediately begin cutting the lettuce and in a matter of seconds you have diced lettuce. Pulling the tomato over, you cut it thinly making sure you have equal portions. Once that's done you begin to chop the cucumber thin as well. You only use half of the cucumber so you put the other half back into the fridge. You Work on the strawberries next dicing them into cubes.

Dash suddenly walks through the front door.

“Hey there big guy.” Dash says.

Stopping your knife work you make your way to her and give her a big hug.

“How’s my mare doing?”

“I’m a little tired. How about you?”

You give Dash a smile and say “ I am making dinner.”

You make your way back to the kitchen and begin to bowl the salads. You crumble a bit of blue cheese on yours.

“Hey Dash want any blue cheese on your salad?”

“Yes please.”

You crumble some cheese onto her salad and bring your bowls to the table.

You both eat in silence as you just simply enjoy each others company.

“Hey Dash.”

“Yeah?”

“You know I love you.” You Say.

“And I Love You…”

“So what would you say to this?” You ask pulling out the small box and opening it.

Rainbows eyes widen when she sees the pendant. “T-thats my…”

“Happy Hearts and hooves day my love.” You say placing the necklace around her.

Her lips are pressed to yours affectionately. She prolongs the kiss by wrapping her hooves around you, you return her passion and wrap your arms around her. She is acting like this is the last kiss she will ever have with you… and you love it.

She breaks the kiss and says “This must have cost you a fortune… should I pay you back?”

You smile and kiss her forehead. “That kiss was more than enough payment.”

“How did you even afford a custom pendant like this?... Did Rarity have some part in this?”

You smile.

“Well she did supply the gems and paid for half the pendant, I said I would pay for it but she insisted she pay for half of it.”

Rainbow kisses you once more. “I only wish I had something to give you” Dashies ears fall.

Placing a hand on her cheek, you look directly into her eyes.

“Don’t worry about it. I am happy you like your present. That’s all that matters. Remember today is about you Rainbow.”

She nuzzles you. “You spoil me… what did I do to deserve you?”

You chuckle.

“You were Rainbow Dash, the mare of my dreams, the love of my life. The mare that makes everyday worth living… Dash without you I would probably still be depressed. You Gave me hope when I had none… and now you give the love I never thought I would get. I love you so much.”

Tears stream down your face and you clutch Dash tighter. Dash has her head in your chest silently weeping into it. She feels so protected… so loved. You both remained embraced for awhile, just enjoying the closeness and warmth in your hearts.

“I love you so much Dash.”

“Please… Don’t ever leave me.”

By this point your meals are forgotten. You two simply call it a night and go to bed.

You slide in and close the gap between you and your mare. Your arms are wrapped tightly around her, her hooves rest against her chest and her wings are draped around you. You give Rainbow another kiss before you each say your good nights. Through the night Rainbow had a grin on her face. Rainbow Dash feels more loved than any other mare tonight. Her dreams are filled with the two of you running and playing in a field of roses. You eventually tackle her and she giggles having the time of her life. Tonight was a very special night for the beautiful mare.

Author's Note:

Early Release I Know But I will Be Very Busy Saturday That This Would not Get Out By Then. So I Thought It's Better To Be Early Than Late. Enjoy This Chapter Of Cuddling Is The Best Remedy.