• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 4,440 Views, 76 Comments

The New Life of Spike: Book 2 - Dark Matter 101



Another life of Spike ladies and gentlemen. You ready for another exciting adventure? Then read Book 2 of The Life of Spike as he experience new people, new adventures, and new enimies. This will be a life Spike should always remember.

  • ...
3
 76
 4,440

Ch 9 (Part 2 of 4): The Search For The Document

Chapter 9 (Part 2 of 4)
The Search For The Document

"So, the car shops are going to be place here where building will get torn down, right?" Mr. Dash said playing with the model town. Him and Mr. Changeling was hanging out in the basement.

"That's right, Mr. Dash," Mr. Changeling said texting on his phone.

"And we split the money, right?" Mr. Dash asked again.

"Only if you sign this contract, and then we will," Mr. Changeling puts his phone away and pulls out a twenty page contract out of his suit and handed it to Mr. Dash.

"And there's no funny business in it, right?" Mr. Dash asked again scanning through the pages.

"Come on, what do I look like to you? A cheapskate?" Mr. Changeling handed him his pen. "Just sign the contract and things will work out."

Mr. Dash set the contract down on a table flipping to a page where he fills out his name. Just before he wrote his name, he stops himself.

"Come on, what's wrong?" Mr. Changeling said getting impatient.

"Just thinking on second thoughts here," Mr. Dash answered. "The people in town, they're not going to go broke or thrown out in the streets or anything, right?"

"I'm not that heartless, you know me. Now sign," Mr. Changeling slides the contract towards him.

Mr. Dash began to write his name in cursive. After he was done, the deal was made.

"Beautiful, Mr. Dash," Mr. Changeling said. "Once this town goes down and rebuild, you and your daughter will be owning over fifty car shops in the country."

"And nobody will get poor or anything, right?" Mr. Dash asked.

"You ask a lot of question, my careless friend," Mr. Changeling wraps his arm around his shoulders. "Belive me, everything is on good hands."

In town, Spike and Comet was walking down the streets discussing on how they could find the document. Comet wasn't thrilled, but he wanted to spend time with Spike one last time before the town is gone.

"Let me get this straight," Comet said. "You found out that there's a document saying that this place is a national landmark?"

"That's right," Spike said. "And if we find the document, we can show it to the mayor, Celestia, and Chrysalis making them believe that this town shouldn't be torn down."

"Spike, even if we did find the document, it'll take ages to find something like that."

"I know, which is why I might know someone who can help us. You in?"

Comet moaned, but accepted his offer.

"Fine, I'm in," Comet shook his hand. "But if we're going to meet Chrysalis, we got to play it cool. Letting her know that we mean business."

"I'll keep a reminder of that," Spike said.

"And we're going to track down this document in the next..." Comet looked at the huge TV screen in town reading what it says.

46:19:06
Until
Construction Begins

"Forty-six hours and nineteen minutes," Comet finished his sentence still looking at the screen. "Should be plenty of time."

Spike appreciate Comet coming along with him on this adventure of his. They started to wait for a bus when Rainbow Dash came by.

"Hey, guys," she said to them.

"Oh, look, it's the traitor," Comet said.

"Comet!" Spike yelled at him.

"It's okay, Spike, I deserved it," Dash said to him. "I just came by to tell you guys that I'm sorry for going against you like this."

"That's okay, because we found a way how we can save the town," Spike said.

"IF we can save the town," Comet corrected him still thinking this was stupid.

"Did you apologies to the others?" Spike asked.

"Just a few, they took it well actually," Dash said. "Except for Pinkie, she was feeling down a bit."

"That's not good," Comet said.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash, can you lend us some money for the bus ride?" Spike asked.

"Well, since my dad is going to be richer than Celestia, at least I could do is give you two a couple of cash," Rainbow Dash took out two twenties out of her pocket and gave it to them.

"Thanks," They both said.

The bus finally came. The bus stops and opens the door for them. Cranky Doodle was the bus driver surprising the three.

"Cranky Doodle? What are you doing?" Spike asked.

"Since the school is going bye-bye, might as well start a new job," he said in a cranky tone. "Now are you coming or not, I'm on a tight schedule."

"Bye, Rainbow Dash," Spike said waving goodbye to her.

"Good luck saving the town you two," Dash said to them.

As they got on, they sat in a seat and continued talking. Cranky Doodle drove off and headed to where they were heading.

"You still didn't tell me where we're going," Comet said.

"Where going to the one person who might know where the document is, Mr. Discord," Spike said making Comet in shock.

"The evil slash crazy teacher?" Comet said.

"I know it sounds crazy, but he's the only one who knows a lot more history than we do," Spike explained. "I know he'll help us."

(At Discord's House)

"I can't help you," Mr. Discord said to them working on the computer while eating donuts. "I would like to help you, but it'll take hours to find a document like that."

"Please, Mr. Discord, it'll be great if you help someone for a change," Spike said, reasoning with him.

"Look, Spike, I have a lot of work to do for the next semester," Discord said. "Now if you don't mind."

"I know what I did to you, but if you help us now you'll become a hero to the town."

"Like I would care about a town who doesn't care about me?"

"If we don't do something, Rarity's shop will be closed for good and she won't sell any of her clothes she made, and Applejack's family will have to move out selling their apples somewhere else."

"I will call the police if you don't leave soon."

"Equestria High, this neighborhood you live in..."

"The Arcade, the skating park," Comet filled in.

"Please, I am very busy!" Discord cried out as he took a large bite of a donut.

"Sugarcube Corner," Spike added, notice he ate the donuts that was made from Mrs. Cake.

"Sugarcube Corner?" Comet asked, not sure why Discord would care for that place.

"What did you say?" Discord asked lowering his glasses.

"Oh, you know, Sugarcube Corner," Spike continued. "Where, Mrs. Cake bakes her goods."

He winks at Comet finally knowing what was going on.

"Oh- OH! Riiiiight~, Sugar Corner, it's a shame that their selling their home and shop," Comet said.

"Their getting rid of the baking store?" Discord asked as he stops working on his computer.

"Yeah, all those donuts you like will be gone forever," Spike said grabbing a donut and waves it around his face.

"Yeah, sir, no more baking goods," Comet said.

"They can't do that, no one can make donuts like Mr. and Mrs. Cake does," Discord said seeing the two nodding their heads agreeing with him. "I mean, I tried everyplace there is and no other donuts are better than Sugarcube Corner, and Chrysalis is just going to take that away from me? It's just... savage!"

"I know. But hey, what are you going to do?" Spike said as he walks off.

"Yeah, like you said, who cares about this town," Comet walks off with Spike.

They kept walking as they waited for Discord to stop them.

"Wait a minute you two!" Discord cried out. They were right, looking at each other with grins on their faces. "You wanna find that document? Then let's get to work."

Later, Discord was typing as fast as he could on the computer looking for the document. Discord was sweating as he looked into websites and google sites. Spike and Comet fed him donuts as he kept working. An hour went by keeping up the pace, finally they manage to find a website about documents back in 1890's. All they had to do is wait for it to load.

"As soon as this baby finish loading, it'll tell us the location of the document you're looking for," Discord said leaning back against the chair crossing his arms.

A loud ding was made in the computer. Spike saw a screen telling him where to find it. He looks through it seeing if he could find the answer and reading out loud.

"The location of the document you are looking for is..." Spike scrolls down one last time and found the answer. "...Unknown."

They all moaned. They waisted their time finding the document and it was all for nothing.

"I'm sorry boys," Discord said turning his computer off.

"It's okay," Spike said sadly.

"You did your best, Mr. D," Comet patted him on the back.

They walked out of the house leaving Discord depressed. The two young boys saw that it was almost nighttime. The sun was setting over the houses.

"Don't worry, Spike," Comet said as the two walks back home. "I'm sure it's somewhere."

"I just want to do a good thing, you know," Spike said.

"Hang on a minute, boys!" Discord cried out running to them. He catches his breath and told them the good news. "I may not found the document, but I know someone else who might help you. See, she's a bit of a nut, but I know she has what you two are looking for."

"And where might she be?" Comet asked.

A stormy day was raining hard on them. Lightning struck spooking the two. They were at a building called City Morgue. This made them even more scared.

"The City Morgue?" Comet asked. "What would a document be doing here where dead bodies are kept?"

"You don't know? This is where they also keep old newspapers and files," Spike answered. "Meaning that people died here back in the 1890's might have a history or two."

"I didn't sign up for this," Comet turns around walking off in the rain.

"Come, it's for the town and neighborhood," Spike convinced him.

"Alright fine, but you go in first," Comet said to him.

They walked in the building looking for the lady that works here. They searched around the building not seeing her, not even another person that works here. They try a random room, the room they choose was filled with corpses with blankets covering their whole body.

"Spike, I don't like this one bit," Comet said, scared that their were dead people around him.

Suddenly they heard a moan. Spike and Comet quickly turned to a dead corpse rising up from the dead. They gasp as they saw it fighting against the blanket. As it finally threw it on the ground, it was Zecora who was happy to see Spike and Comet.

"Hello, little children," she said to them.

"Zecora? You work here?" Spike asked.

"Yes, indeed I do," Zecora answered. "I was taking a nap when you two came in. I couldn't help myself but I wanted to scare you two just for the fun, I mean it is my job to scare people who comes into this place. But anyways, what can I do for you two?"

Later they walked down the hallway. Spike explained Zecora about the document and she knew exactly what she was talking about.

"The apple incident is real, so is the document you seek," Zecora said leading them into the file room filled with cabinets and cabinets in the wall. "Let me just search for the newspapers and the name of Twilight's ancestors."

She opens a cabinet revealing a dead corpse. Spike and Comet gasped.

"Oops. Wrong cabinet," Zecora said closing it back. She saw Comet fainted back out cold. Zecora found the filing cabinet with the letters A through M and began searching through it. "Let's see, it would begin with the letter A which should be... Here it is! Apple incident!"

Later on, they entered her office discussing about the apple incident.

"The apple incident is real," Zecora said looking through the file. It was filled with newspapers and information. "Article said that the document you are looking for was sign by a man who saved the town."

"That must be my dad's grandpa," Spike said.

"Now I don't have the document but according to this, the document you are looking for is in this address," Zecora leans in forward right at Spike's face. "66613 River Side Highway."

"We don't have a highway though," Comet spoke.

"That's why it's near a city not too far from here," Zecora brighten their day up.

"Thanks, the address is all we needed, come on, Comet," Spike said rushing out of the room. followed by Comet who went with him.

After that they headed back to town and took a bus, with the same bus driver. As they enter the bus they saw Cranky Doodle still grumpy.

"Can you take us to River Side Highway?" Spike asked.

"Don't talk to the driver while the bus is in motion," Cranky Doodle said to them.

"But the bus isn't in motion," Comet corrected him.

"Now it is," Cranky jerk the stick to drive and headed on where they were heading. "Get behind the yellow line."

Spike and Comet did as they were told. They never saw Cranky Doodle this cranky before, probably because the town was going to get torn down. Later they went into the city and out on the highway. Spike was counting the address they were going to.

"66610... 66611... 66612, we're close, Comet," Spike said to him.

They could see the next address coming up at the front. When they spotted the place where the document is kept they slowly turn they happy faces into a sad one. Huge buildings came behind the hills. There were walls surrounding the university. After the bus stops, they got off and realize that the building was a university.

"Welcome to CYS University boys," Cranky Doodle said to them. "Where Chrysalis controls the place, also know as the principal."

He drove off leaving the boys breathless. They heard she controlled the business and principal of this school.

"CYS University?" Comet asked.

"Chrysalis has the documents?" Spike asked Comet.

"Well this isn't good," Comet said. "We're ten years old and people here that are older than us won't take us seriously."

"Come on, maybe a person who works here will help us," Spike said to him. "I'm sure they'll let us see Chrysalis."


"You can't see Ms. Chrysalis," a security officer in a dark suit said to them. He didn't pay any attention to them, he was looking through papers and the computer.

They were inside the main building where they check in. It was fancy and sweet looking, it was also expensive just the way the place looked.

"Can you tell her that we're from Equestria?" Spike asked.

"Ms. Chrysalis is unavailable right now," the officer said.

"Can we make an appointment?" Comet asked.

"Ms. Chrysalis doesn't take appointments," the officer said.

Spike and Comet looked at each other, knowing that he won't let them see her. Then they had an idea that they were both thinking.

"Sorry to bother you," Spike said walking off.

"We'll be leaving then," Comet to him.

The security officer was still ignoring them as they walked towards the entrance. They quickly headed into the hallways without him noticing. After they got away, they headed outside seeing many buildings around them. It was huge, like an amusement park only with no rides. They walked across the field and notice that there were security cameras all over the place looking at them.

"Comet, they're looking at us," Spike said looking at the cameras.

"They're probably not watching," Comet said.

They entered a building. They looked around the place and notice a door was open. They took a peek inside and saw the security room filled with TVs watching the whole place. They could see a security camera in the security room and saw themselves on TV.

"This is creeping me out, Comet," Spike said. "Let's find Chrysalis and get out of here."

They kept checking every building only finding students and teachers. The officer back at the front entrance was looking through the papers when the phone rang.

"Yes, sir?" he answered.

"Eric, there are two boys running around my university," a woman said on the phone.

On the other line was Chrysalis in her desk fiddling with a pen. She watches Spike and Comet on a small screen playing on the surface of her desk. She swipes it to the side closing it and walks over to her window looking outside.

"Why did you let them in without my permission?" Chrysalis continued with her conversation.

"S-S-Sir, I-I assure to you," Eric stuttered shaking his voice. "I-I thought I-"

"Go get them and bring them to my office," Chrysalis said walking back into her desk. She swipes the screen on the table back to Spike and Comet. "Go easy on them though, we don't want anything bad happen to our new comers now do we."

Later on, Spike and Comet was caught by Eric the security officer. He was carrying them holding onto their collar shirts as he headed straight to Chrysalis's office. As they entered her officer, they saw her standing up straight with her hands behind her back. She looks at the two with calm eyes, but they were still scared of what might happen next.

"Are these the two boys you met before?" Chrysalis asked.

"Yes, sir," Eric answered setting the boys back down.

"Did they cause any trouble when you captured them?"

"No, sir."

"Did anything else happen when you captured these two?" Chrysalis walks up to the boys looking down at them.

"No, sir."

"No, sir. No, sir," Chrysalis said repeating what he said. She went up to Eric and continued to ask questions. "You're a great officer, aren't you?"

"Yes, sir," Eric said feeling proud.

"The only person who makes sure everything is secured."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, sir. Yes, sir," Chrysalis repeated him again as she walks over to the window looking outside. "Tell me, if you're just doing your job, why can't you do it right?"

"Sir?" Eric asked with his guard down.

"You are the head of security, aren't you?" Chrysalis turns to him.

"Sir, yes, sir," Eric got back standing still.

"Aren't you suppose to notice by now that these two were running around my place as if this was a playground to them?" Chrysalis said changing her tone.

"Sir, yes, sir," Eric started to sweat.

"Sir? Sir? Is that all you can say is 'Sir'?" Chrysalis asked marching straight at him getting into his face yelling at him. "Do I look like a sir to you?! Do I look like a male?!"

"No, si- I mean, No, ma'am!" Eric said shaking.

"There he goes again," Chrysalis said to the boys and back to Eric. "I want you to go back to what job you're doing and do it right! Otherwise I'll send you there myself if I have to! Might as well check around the place to make sure no other kids are running around the place! Do I make myself clear, sir? Mister Yes, Sir! Sir?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Eric saluted her and ran back to his job.

Chrysalis closes the door behind him and looks back at the boys. She saw them with eyes widen and was frightened of her.

"Now, then," Chrysalis spoke in a calm voice but wasn't smiling. "Before you say anything, I need to tell you something."

She walks over to Spike and looks down at him. Spike was about to cry seeing her that mad, he scooted back a bit. Chrysalis grabs him on the shoulder and the next.

"You, young man..." Chrysalis said to him. Without warning, she picks him up and swings him around as she laughed like a school girl. When she stops she started to hug him, snuggling him to death. "...ARE THE CUTEST LITTLE CHILD I HAVE EVER SEEN!~~~"

Spike was shocked. At first he thought she was going to do something bad to him, but this seemed a lot worse for him.

"Hey! Let me go!" Spike begged trying to escape.

"How old are you? Twelve? Eleven?" Chrysalis asked as she was face to face at Spike.

"I'm ten, lady!" Spike answered as he put his hood over his head.

"Are you blushing? Can I see how you blush?" Chrysalis asked trying to pull the hood back.

"No, you can't see me blush!" Spike begged fighting her.

She finally pulled his hood back and saw him turned bright red. She took a moment looking at him seeing him really shy.

"THAT IS SO ADORABLE!" Chrysalis swayed Spike left to right adoring him. "I love how you blush!"

Comet was standing there watching her treating Spike like a lost puppy. He started to get jealous over him.

"Hey, what about me?" Comet cried out, wanting action of what Spike is going through.

Chrysalis finally notices him and puts Spike down. She walks up to him and squats down to his level.

"And of course, you're the cutest thing I ever seen!" Chrysalis pinched his cheek.

"Thing?" Comet was heart broken. "Just who the hell do you think you are?"

"A person who forgot to offer candy to my new comers," Chrysalis randomly held put candy in front of him.

"Lady, you are forgiven!" Comet said happily as he took the whole bowl.

After awhile, they settled down discuss why were the two boys were doing in the first place. Spike and Comet was sitting in comfy chairs in front of her desk. Comet couldn't speak, he was scoffing down the candy bowl.

"Forgive my employees, they take their jobs seriously," Chrysalis said sitting behind her desk. "And I'm sorry how I reacted to you earlier, I just love children of your age."

"I get that a lot," Spike said remembering the time of moments when Twilight's friends adores him.

"But, now that we're settled, why don't you explain to me why you came here?" Chrysalis leans forward. She puts her hands up and cuffed them together resting her chin upon it.

"Well, since you seem so nice and generous, I was hoping you wouldn't tear down my town; Equestria," Spike said.

"Yes, the place I'm going to tear down, I'm sorry I have to do such an awful thing,but it's like I always said, 'Out with the old, in with the new'."

"Right, actually we heard that it was a national landmark, we're looking for a document that says that the apple incident took place there."

"I heard about the apple incident," Chrysalis sat back up leaning back against the chair.

"And my neighbor Zecora said that the document was here, if the document is here maybe you could tell us where it is, and hopefully you can stop the construction."

"I'm flattered that you're doing, I heard a boy who stand out saving his town," Chrysalis stood out of her chair and walked over to Spike. "Would that boy be you?"

"Yes, so if you could show us the document, you can stop the bulldozers and build the construction somewhere else. If that's okay with you, of course," Spike said sheepishly.

"I would like to give you the document and stop the construction," Chrysalis said leaning in front of him. "In fact, I had my people look into that and would you know what they found? Nothing."

"What?" Spike said with a small gasp.

"They looked through the computers and search for the history about it," Chrysalis continued walking over behind Spike. "The whole thing was just a myth; a make believe. And I'm sure that you and your friend search for the document on the computer too, weren't you?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But, what?" Chrysalis said as she walks over her desk. She double tap on her desk popping up a hologram screen going through histories of the 1800's. Spike was impressed, and Comet stops eating and was amazed what he was seeing. "You see, boys, I too love the past and the stories back in the day. I tried to search many websites about the apple incident and still couldn't find nothing."

She closes the screen and went back to her desk.

"Now, again, I'm sorry you came all this way for nothing," she continued. "But the document doesn't exist. Now, is there anything else you like to talk about?"

"I got one," Comet raised his hand setting the candy bowl down. "What if I told you I don't buy your story?"

Chrysalis chuckled as she pushes a big red button under her desk.

"Security," she said.

Just like that Comet was thrown out of the building while Spike was escorted out by Chrysalis.

"Do come by anytime you want to see me," Chrysalis said to him cheerfully.

After she let Spike out, she went back inside closing the doors behind her. Comet stood up rubbing his butt massaging it getting his comfort back.

"How come I get thrown out and you didn't?" Comet asked, still rubbing.

"Because I'm not the type of guy who goes into Bad Ass mode," Spike answered.

They walk to the bus stop and decided to head home thinking of some other way to save the town. Well, Spike anyway. Meanwhile, Chrysalis watches the boys enter the bus and took off. She took her phone out and called Mr. Changeling. After he answered, she immediately talk to him.

"Mr. Changeling, I just had an interesting conversation with two young boy," she said to him. "A stubborn boy who looks aggressive and gets distracted easily, and another boy who has spikey green hair that's really shy and filled with confidants. I thought he was cute looking. Know anything about them?"

At Rainbow Dash's basement, Mr. Changeling was talking to her on his phone while Mr. Dash was playing Godzilla at his model town.

"Hang on one sec, hey Dash!" Mr. Changeling stops Mr. Dash from playing his model. "You know any kids who looks aggressive and has spikey green hair?"

Mr. Dash shrugs his shoulders and continued playing his toys.

"Nope, I haven't seen anyone like that," Mr. Changeling answered. "But I could've sworn I saw someone with green hair the other day, but I promise you, boss, if I see anything like that I'll let you know. I'll keep my eyes peeled."

"Well, they asked about a document. The document that took place at Equestria about the apple incident," Chrysalis continued through the phone.

"You mean the document that could ruin our plan to destroy this town?" Mr. Changeling asked. "What are you so worried about? The document the security box in your office, I also got the key for it. Those brats will never get to it."

"You mean brat, I don't want you to call the kid with the green hair a brat," Chrysalis said to him angrily. "He's too innocent to be called a brat!"

"Hey, calm down, I'll remember that, but I'm telling you those kids will never know where the key is nor where it goes to," Mr. Changeling continued. "By then, this town will go down."

He hung up and continued watching Mr. Dash acting show. As for Spike and Comet, nighttime came. Comet was spending the night at Spike's house. They were in the kitchen in their pajamas getting a glass of milk before bed. They continued discussing about the document.

"Look, Spike, I believe that the document exist and all, but let's just face it," Comet said to him. "You've seen Chrysalis technology, we're going against a genius who's smarter than you."

"And that's suppose to stop me from saving the town?" Spike ignored his negativity as he walks into the living room.

"I'm just saying, it's impossible to find the document," Comet continued.

Spike heard the phone rang. He quickly answered it before Comet could go on about giving up.

"Hello?" Spike answered.

"The document you are searching for exist," a deep voice said into the phone.

"What, who is-"

"A man name Mr. Changeling who is working with Chrysalis has a key to the box," the mysterious voice continued. "In the box lies the document that you and your friend are searching for."

"Who is this," Spike demanded.

"Call me... Mare Do Well," he said.

"Did he said 'Mare Do Well'?" Comet asked. "He's a famous hero in the comic book series: The Mysterious Mare Do Well!"

"Is this true?" Spike asked the mysterious person. "Because if it is, I'm like your biggest fan!"

"Focus! Here's what you need to do first," Mare Do Well continued. "His address is 36 Sefton Cresent. once there you have to find him. He carries the key around his neck, find a way to snatch the key. Once you attend the key, I'll contact you for further instructions."

Mare Do Well hung up. Spike puts the phone up and looks at Comet.

"Man, that was some freaky shit," Comet said taking a drink of his milk. "I'm back in the game, what's the plan?"

"Well, if what Mare Do Well says is true, then I guess we begin with the address," Spike said walking upstairs. "We'll wait till we see Mr. Changeling."

"Right," Comet followed him up.

"Then, we follow him until he's alone and steal the key," Spike continued as he walks down the hallway.

"Gotcha," Comet said.

"After we attend the key, we'll have to sneak back in CYS University and find the box," Spike entered his room followed by Comet.

"Okay," Comet said as he set up his sleeping bag up.

"Once we unlock the box, we grab the document, show it to the mayor, and live happily ever after," Spike said getting in bed.

"Sure, but, Spike, this seems complicated," Comet said.

"I know, but we have to do it, Comet," Spike said. "We just need the right equipment for the job."

"Well, I heard rumors that someone in the city could help us," Comet said. "She's like a spy, but doesn't use the gadgets. But whatever the cost, she can help us get that document."

"Great, let's head over to the place and save the town," Spike said turning off the lights.

Spike and Comet now has a plan ahead of them. How did Mare Do Well knew this information? How will the boys get the key from Mr. Changeling? Their adventure was just getting started. But they weren't the only one's who was trying to save the town and neighborhood. Their were others too who wants to stop the construction.

Night Light went into Shining Armor's room waking him up. Shining jump when he woke up. He saw his dad leaning over him.

"What is it, Dad?" Shining Armor asked him moaning as he was half sleeping.

"How would you like to become a town hero?" Night Light asked making his son wide awake.

"How do I become a hero?" he asked getting out of bed.

"Easy, we'll have a meeting tomorrow in the living room," Night Light continued. "I already contact Mr. Cake, so bring whatever friend you can trust on. Were going to save this neighborhood."

"I thought Spike was doing that," Shining Armor said.

"He is, but I might know how to stop the bulldozers," Night Light said with a grin.

In jail, Granny Smith was laying in bed. The lights went off on her. She got out of bed slowly making sure she didn't wake the other prisoners. She sticks her hand in the pillow pulling out a silver spoon. She walks over to the poster on the wall and lifts it up revealing an unfinished hole in on the wall. She began to dig her way till she reaches the end on the other side.

As for Mr. Dash, he started to have second thoughts on about the deal. Was it worth it? Did he did the right thing for his baby girl and him? He decided to look through the contract he signed. He didn't bother reading it when he signed it, but the feeling inside of him told him he should've read it first. He flips page to page scanning through.

Spike and Comet, Night Light and other friends, Granny Smith, and Mr. Dash. Whatever plan they had, they have to make it fast. For all they know, time was ticking.

24 Hours
Until
Construction Begins