• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 4,407 Views, 76 Comments

The New Life of Spike: Book 2 - Dark Matter 101



Another life of Spike ladies and gentlemen. You ready for another exciting adventure? Then read Book 2 of The Life of Spike as he experience new people, new adventures, and new enimies. This will be a life Spike should always remember.

  • ...
3
 76
 4,407

Chapter 4: The Dating Game

Chapter 4
The Dating Game

Spike, Pipsqueak, and Comet was eating lunch in the cafeteria enjoying their meals for today.

"Nothing like mashed potatoes with gravy, grilled chicken, and an apple to go with it," Comet said taking a huge bite on the apple making a loud chomp.

"I tell ya, these foods they're making gets better," Pipsqueak said getting ready to eat.

"I'm not arguing with that logic," Spike said as he eats his chicken.

"Hey, didn't you guys heard?" Pipsqueak asked the two. "The game show begins tomorrow."

"Game show?" Spike and Comet asked looking at each other.

"That's right, you guys are still new to this school," Pipsqueak shook his head as he explains himself what it was. "Every year, Applejack and Pinkie holds this game show."

"I never knew AJ and Pink held a game show," Comet said.

"Yeah, neither did I," Spike also said as he asked another question. "What game show do they play?"

"It's different every year," Pipsqueak continued. "It can either be comedy, a talk show, a game show for fun..."

"What game are they doing his year?" Comet asked.

"I don't know yet," Pipsqueak answered taking a sip of milk out of a small carton.

"Let's go asks them and find out," Spike suggested.

"Aren't you shy over girls Spike?" Comet asked.

"In this school, Spike is over that now," Pipsqueak answered as they head to Applejack and Pinkie eating with the rest of their friends. "Hey, girls."

"Howdy, Pipsqueak, Comet, and Spike," Applejack tips her hat at them. "Ya need somethin'?"

"Actually, we were wondering what game show you're doing?" Comet asked.

"Yeah, and why didn't you told me and Comet about this?" Spike said.

"Because it's a surprise, silly," Pinkie said to Spike.

"Might as well tell them," Rarity said. "They'll have to know eventually."

"Well, maybe Pipsqueak here already told you what me and Pinkie do," Applejack said to the two seeing them nodded their heads. "We decided to do a little game we like to call The Dating Game."

"The Dating Game?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, Spike," Twilight spoke. "You know, back in the days there was a game show of that, only that's not the title of the show."

"Yeah, where a man or women is trying to find love while the components tries to win over him or her."

"Something like that, I guess," Twilight chuckled.

"Sounds like you know how to play the game, Spike," Fluttershy said grinning.

"I heard about it, I never did watched it," Spike looked away blushing as he scratches the back of his head.

"Well, count me in!" Comet pushes Spike aside. "Where do I sign?"

"You can fill out your name on a small slip of paper," Pinkie handed him two slips of paper and pencil and a purple box she held up. "And once you're done, put your name into this box, but you only write your name once in this box."

"And if you didn't win, that's OK," Applejack spoke holding up a red box. "This here is for the boys. Put your name in here and you might just win."

"What's that for?" Comet asked.

"In this box, three more people will get up there. They are known as bachelors," Applejack explained. "See, the purple box are only people who's looking for true love. And the red and blue box are for either three boys or girls will try to win his or her's heart."

"Oh, like if I got chosen in the red box, then I'll have to beat the other two to win the date," Spike points out.

"Exactly!" Pinkie cried out. "You didn't skipped three grades for nothing."

Comet wrote his name in a split second and put it in the purple box and another in the red box.

"Spike, you want to try your luck with three lucky girls?" Rarity asked flirting at him. "It could be me out there."

"I don't know," Spike said shrugging. "It's like Pinkie said, only one name? It's a six point eight percent chance of me winning."

"That is so true!" Rover came over to him along with his two goon's: Fido and Spot.

"What do you want Diamond Dogs?" Rainbow Dash spoke.

"We just came to see our little man here was up to," Rover said patting his head. "It's been awhile since we bullied him ever since the incident he had with Garble."

"I thought you changed!" Fluttershy yelled at them. The three of them glared at her making her squeak and hid under the table. "Then again, you don't have to change if you don't want to."

"So you think that Spike here is going to win your silly little game show?" Spot asked.

"We don't think, we know!" Twilight stood up off the table.

"Oh, do you?" Rover squats down at Spike. "Since your with them and know so much about nerdy things, then tell me this: You have is a match in your hand, and all you have is a stove, a fireplace, and a campfire. What do you light first?"

"What kind of question is that?" Spike asked.

"A question you have to answer," Fido said, cracking his knuckles.

"Uh... I guess you would start with... a stove?" Spike answered.

"Hmm, judges, what do you think?" Rover asked his friends and himself as he stood back up.

"BZZZ!" the three of them put their thumb down making buzzer noises. "Wrong answer!"

They grabbed him about to drag him away when Rainbow Dash and the girls stood up protecting Spike.

"You ever do something to Spike, I gonna beat you up you'll wake up next week!" Rainbow Dash threaten him.

Rover sighed and let go of Spike.

"Now be on your way you stooges," Applejack demanded them.

"Fine, we'll leave him alone if that's what you want," Rover said, smirking. "Tell you what though, let's make a bet."

"I'm listening," Applejack let him talk.

"Spike will enter the competition."

"I will?" Spike asked as he felt Fido's hand resting on his shoulder. "I mean, I will, I will."

"If Spike gets his name drawn, you can boss me around for a week," Rover continued.

"Two weeks," Applejack gambled.

"Fair enough," Rover smiled, laughing. "But if I win, you'll let me bully Spike, and none of you get to stop me, you'll just stand there and watch. After all, what are the chances he'll win."

"Applejack isn't that stupid to bet, aren't you, Applejack?" Pinkie said.

"Deal," Applejack said making the group gasp.

"Applejack!" Spike, Pipsqueak, and Comet cried out.

It was too late to stop them. They shook hands and off went The Diamond Dogs laughing. Spike grabs Applejack's shirt and shook her making her dizzy.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" Spike yelled in her face. "I told you it's a six point eight chance of me winning your stupid bet!"

"Calm down, Spike," Applejack stops him from shaking her. "I have a plan."

Spike took a deep breath and decided to trust her on this.

"Okay, I'll let you plan this whole thing out," Spike said. "But know this: If I die and you're not there to help me because the bet you just made, I'll come to haunt you for the rest of your life till the day you die."

"Fair enough," Applejack said. "Just wait till the next day and me and Pinkie will draw out the names."

(The Next Day)

A huge crowd was gathered up in the hallways. There was Applejack and Pinkie with a small sphere cage for mixing the names up. They have three boxes set up on a table: Red, Blue, and Purple. Spike, Comet, and Pipsqueak was standing in the front row getting a better view. Spike notices that Comet was intense that he couldn't sit still.

"Comet, you alright?" Spike asked.

"I just have a feeling that I might win this game," Comet said.

"As long as they chosen a girl in the purple box," Pipsqueak said.

"What do you mean?" Spike asked.

"See, if a boy wins, then they have to get rid of the red box," Pipsqueak explained. "But if a girl wins, then you might have a chance, Comet."

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Pinkie hollered at the crowd getting their attention. "Are you ready to see who's get to be a lucky winner?!"

The crowd cheered. Spike and his friends were pumped up till The Diamond Dogs came up behind them.

"Cheer all you want, twerps," Rover said as he turns to Spike facing him. "Cause once someone's name is called out instead of you, me and my boys are going to have loads of fun with you."

"Just the way he said, I'm scared for Spike," Pipsqueak said.

"The way he said just sounds wrong to me," Comet said.

"Pinkie, if ya don't mind, grab the purple box and dump the names into the cage," Applejack said to her.

Pinkie opens the cage and the box. She dumps sheets of papers out of the box and into the cage.

"And the lucky winner to date one of the three opponents, is..." Applejack rotated the wheel scattering the names inside the cage. When she stops, she opens it up and pulled out a paper. "Spike!"

All the girls cheered while the men groaned. Most saying that either He has to be the luckiest kid in school or I can't believe he won instead of me. All the boys grew over it a few minutes later. All except Rover and his friends. He drops his jaws that he lost the bet to Applejack. He saw her pointing at him nodding victoriously.

"Ah, shit," was all Rover could say.

"Spike, come on down!" Pinkie called out to him.

Spike walks over to the girls. He saw the crowd cheer for him and he felt great.

"Wow, talk about luck, huh, Applejack" Spike said to Applejack.

Applejack suddenly had a flashback of what really happen.


Applejack and Pinkie was at Apple Acres inside the barn writing Spike's name and put it in the purple box. The other names that were put in there was burnt to ashes hiding the evidence.

"Applejack, why are we doing this again?" Pinkie asked as she stops writing.

"Because, me and you don't want to see Spike gettin' beat up by The Diamond Dogs while we just stand there and watch," Applejack answered.

"But wouldn't this consider cheating though?"

"Sometimes, Pinkie, you just have to fight fire with fire. Now keep writing, we only have about a hundred and thirty-four more slips to go."


"Yeah... Luck," Applejack said as she felt guilty cheating. "But since you win, you get a little something special."

"Like what?" Spike asked when suddenly her and Pinkie kissed him on the cheeks.

"A winning kiss!" they both cried out.

Spike gasps as he turned pure red. He quickly pulled his hood over his head, but it was too late. The girls cheered even more for Spike. Because of the way he blushes made the girls more adore of him. Some were yelling He's so cute! and I want to win his heart! and I want to see him blush again!. This made Spike blush harder than before.

"Look at all the attention you're getting, Spike," Pinkie said felling proud of herself.

"Only because you kissed me!" Spike shouted at her with his face still covered.

"And now, for all you ladies out there that wants to date Spike, will be only three lucky bachelor girls," Applejack said.

"So that means goodbye red box! And hello blue box!" Pinkie kicks the red box through an open window.

"NOOO!" Comet cried out as he got down to his knees. He was upset because he cheated as well. He put over fifty slips into the purple box yesterday without them knowing.

She opens the blue box and poured the papers with all the women's names into the cage. Applejack scrambled the names once more and stops ready to call out names.

"And the winners who'll try to win Spike's heart is..." Applejack took three paper and read through them. "Rarity!"

"YES! Spike will be mine!" Rarity cried out cheering.

"Octavia!"

"Look out, Spike! You're in for a surprise when you choose me as your date!" Octavia cried out to Spike making him tug his hood further down.

"And last but not least will be..." Applejack read the final paper and was shocked of whose name she drawn out. "Rainbow Dash?!"

"What?!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

"What?!" Spike cried out removing his hood.

"What?!" Rarity and Octavia cried out.

"What?!" Pipsqueak and Comet cried out.

"What?!" The Diamond Dogs cried out.

"Cupcakes!" Pinkie cried out.

"What?!" Twilight and Fluttershy cried out.

"What?!" the crowd cried out.

The place was dead silence. Applejack tried to resume normally but was still shocked calling out Dash's name.

"I can already tell ya, this game should be interesting," Applejack spoke.

Later that day, school was out and the Twilight and friends were hanging out by the flag pole waiting for Rainbow Dash and Rarity. Spike was still blushing and kept his hood up. Finally the gang saw the two talking over how and why Rainbow Dash wanted to play the game.

"Applejack!" Rainbow Dash ran up to her and grabs her shoulders shaking her. "How the hell do you got my name!"

"I want to know why you wanted to play the game," Pinkie asked.

"I don't know," Applejack let go of Applejack making her dizzy. "I just got bored today and thought maybe I put my name in the box, just for the fun of it."

"You do realize what this mean," Rarity spoke to her. "You have to play the game and if Spike chooses you, then..."

They all look at Spike making him uncomfortable. But they were right though, Spike could end up dating Dash.

"Wait, wait, wait," Spike stuttered. "Are you saying that I could go on a date with Rainbow Dash?"

"I don't do dates!" Rainbow Dash said. "Just pick another name and everything will be okay."

"Sorry, Dash," Applejack said, getting her focus back. "But once your name is called, there's no changes from that point."

"She's right, Rainbow Dash," Twilight spoke. "You got to play the game."

Look on the bright side," Fluttershy said. "If you do go on a date with Spike, at least it's someone you know."

Rainbow Dash moaned as she rubs her eyes. She slid her hand down across her face. She looks at Spike. Then Rarity. Then Applejack.

"When does this game start?" she asked.

"Tonight, and tonight only," Pinkie said. "But don't worry, we'll make sure you don't win."

"Well, what could go wrong?" Spike dared asked.

Nighttime came and the school gym was in lights. All the students came inside. They all sit in the bleachers and waited till the game started. In front of them was a stadium with decorated hearts and theme music playing. There was a wall between the lover side and the components side. One side had three stools and the other had one. Spike was at the cafeteria in his fancy suit pacing back and forth and Applejack and Pinkie were there with him in their casual suits.

"I don't know if I can do this," Spike said as he continues to pace. "What if I pick Rainbow Dash? Rainbow Dash is not the type of girl who goes out with any guy in this school."

"Calm down, Spike," Applejack stops him from pacing. "We're going to make sure you don't pick Rainbow Dash in this game show."

"Yeah, all we have to do is tell you what seat she is in," Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, you can't just tell him which chair she's in," Applejack said to her. "We gotta make this game real."

"But how do I know which one is Rainbow Dash?" Spike asked still worried.

"Spike, listen here,"Pinkie walks ups to him. "There'll be three girls out there. Girl number one," she leans into his face. "GIRL NUMBER TWO!" she shouted at him and leans back. "And girl number three."

Spike tilted his head not knowing why she screamed at him.

"But how do I know which one is Rainbow Dash?" Spike repeated the question.

"Spike, all you have TWO do is play by the games," Applejack gave him a hint.

Spike still didn't understand her. He shook his head and shrugged, meaning he didn't get what she was saying. The girls moaned and tried to make it easier for him.

"Listen carefully, Spike," Pinkie said. "If you want TWO pick the right girl."

"Then you have TWO play along," Applejack said giving him a hint.

"Finally you have TWO sit down and you'll answer questions we give you," Pinkie said. "That's all you have..."

"TWO!" they both shouted at his face.

"Do," Pinkie finished her sentence.

"Um...O... KAY!" Spike shouted back at them trying to communicate them.

The two gave him looks thinking he suddenly turned stupid.

"I'm ten! What do you want from me!" Spike yelled at them.

Applejack sighed and saw the clock. It was almost show time.

"Let's hope this doesn't turn out bad, I guess," Applejack said as her and Pinkie entered the gym.

The crowd cheered as they saw the two walking to their table. Pinkie cued Vinyl Scratch on her soundtrack playing old time gameshow music. The crowd stood up off their seats applauding to Applejack and Pinkie. You could tell they did this type of thing a lot. The two saw their friends and Spike's friends on the front row. As the two were done waving at the crowd and friends, they sat in the table and grabbed their microphones. The crowd sat back down and was silent ready for the game to start.

"Welcome back to Applejack and Pinkie's Game Show Tonight, ladies and gents" Applejack spoke into the mic.

"Where every game we play, everyone wins," Pinkie spoke into her mic.

"Tonight game is interestin'," Applejack continued.

"How's that, Applejack?" Pinkie asked.

"Not only this here will these ladies here," Applejack points her finger to the three chosing girls on the set.

Rarity was girl number 1, Rainbow Dash was girl number 2, and Octavia was girl number 3. The crowd cheered for them like crazy.

"Will be dating a lucky guy," Applejack finished her sentence after the crowd went back being quiet.

"And not just a lucky guy, but a lucky boy," Pinkie said pointing her finger at Spike in his stool.

The crowd went wild seeing Spike there. All the boys cheered for him. A few shouted out to him to pick a number where the girl's were sitting, especially Spike's friends. Spike turned red a bit and was shy. He wished he had his hood with him, but all he could do is scratch the back of his head and looked down to the ground smiling.

"Not only did he stop a crazy teacher from destroying the animal shelter," Pinkie continued as the crowd continued cheering on. "He's ten, he skipped three grades, and boy isn't he a chick magnet. Right ladies!"

The girls cheered for Spike. He was trying so hard not to blush.

"Now I know all you ladies want to go out with this handsome fella," Applejack spoke. "But he can only go out with one, and these three lucky ladies will give it their all to do anything to win Spike's heart."

"And we begin the game by giving Spike some questions," Pinkie said.

"But before we do that, we have to give the girls microphones of their own," Applejack said as Vinyl Scratch gave them each microphone. "These devices aren't only to speak in, but also changes their voice, like for instance tell us your numbers bachelor girls."

"Hi, I'm bachelor number 1," Rarity spoke into the mic and had a high squeaky voice. "Wow, this is actually fun to say. Hi, Spike! You ready to choose me as your date?"

"Hang on there bachelor, don't get to over excited," Pinkie said. "As you can see, Spike didn't realize whose voice that was, right, Spike?"

"That's right, Pinkie," Spike said.

"And to brighten up our day, we'll begin the show by listening to Spike's questions. But before we do that...," Applejack turns around and covered the microphone shouting at someone. "Hey, waterboy, get out here!"

Rover came with a jug of water in hand and a paper cup in the other. Rover had an angry look on his face.

"Go give Spike and the girls some refreshments, waterboy," Applejack teased seeing him walk over to Spike. "And make sure you read the note I gave to him!"

Rover poured the water for Spike and gave him the cup. He set his things down and took out a note Applejack wrote and put it back down beside him. He began to speak in a weak voice thinking this was a stupid bet he made.

"If things don't-" Rover stops and looks at the note again and put it back down. "If things don't work out tonight, you always have me. XOXO"

Spike looked at him with one eyebrow up and his jaws dropped down.

"She said it. Not me," Rover said to him seeing Spike understanding him.

"Alright, Spike," Pinkie began the show. "Your first question."

"My first question..." Spike took his time finding the question he wanted to ask as he took a sip from his cup. "Okay, I got one: If I was any type food you like, what you I be."

"Ooooo, starting with the appetizers are we," Applejack said to the crow. "This should be interesting."

"Bachelor number 1," Pinkie said to Rarity. "What's your answer for Spike's question?"

"I'd say he be a cake, because he's so sweet to me," Rarity answered receiving applause from the crowd.

"OK, bachelor number 2?" Applejack asked Rainbow Dash.

"A sandwich," Dash said in a high squeaky voice.

The crowd questioned her answer. Applejack and Pinkie awkwardly laughed.

"Can you tell us why?" Applejack asked.

"Cause if he was a sandwich, Then I can split him and have two Spike's at once," she answered.

The crowd seemed to get it and applaud to her.

"Good answer," Pinkie spoke not getting it as she turned to Octavia. "Uh, bachelor number 3?"

"Well, if Spike was an apple, he'd be delicious," Octavia said in a sexy tone.

The crowd cheered. Especially the boys. Spike suddenly turned bright red making the girls cheer for him. He tried to hide it but it was too late. But somehow, he seemed to enjoyed it.

"OK, Spike, you got question number two for us?" Pinkie asked.

The game went by. Applejack and Pinkie listened to Spike's questions and the girls answering them. He asked 19 question already and was ready for the final round. The game went by fast making the crowd eager to see who Spike gets to choose. Their bet was going to be either Rarity or Octavia. A few bets were on Rainbow Dash but mostly the two.

"Last question, Spike," Pinkie said.

"Let's see," Spike gave some thought as he held out his cup for more water. Rover poured the water into the cup. He see's him drink it all and was ready for his question. "My last question is, how will you wake me up in bed in the morning?"

"Ah, the old bed trick," Applejack said.

"I don't know about you, Applejack," Pinkie yawns. "But I'm feeling sleepy. Bachelor's, go for it."

Pinkie took a pillow underneath the table and sleeps.

"I wake Spike up by saying 'Wake up sleepy head' and bring him a nice breakfast in bed," Rarity answered.

"I would snuggle in with him for extra comfort," Rainbow Dash answered.

"I would cuddle him in my arms and let him rest onto my breast," Octavia said going a little over board for Spike.

Everytime she says something sexual about her and Spike, he would turned bright red. Spike nose would bleed if he chooses her as her date.

"Okay, Spike, that's the last question and it's time to choose," Applejack said to him. "Who will it be?"

The crowd yelled out random numbers at Spike. His friends tried to tell them not to pick number 2 because that's where Rainbow Dash was sitting. Spike couldn't help himself but to think this through. It's true he would have a nose bleed overtime with bachelor number 3 - AKA Octavia. So he decided to let his thoughts pop up to see what number comes first. Then it was decided.

"Well, I would go with..." Spike took a moment still thinking and hearing the crowd shouts. "Girl number two."

The crowd fell dead silence except for Rainbow Dash thinking he said Rarity's number.

"Congratulations, Rarity!" she said to her in her high pitch voice shaking her hand. "Congratula-"

She stops as she worked her brain through. She then realize what Spike said.

"What?!" she cried out into the mic. She removes the mic out of her sight bringing back her normal voice continuing to panic. "WHAT?!" She got out of her stool and rushes to Spike grabbing his collar shirt. "WHAT?!"

Applejack and Pinkie looked at each other and back to the crowd.

"Well, that's it for tonight," Applejack quickly said.

"Please join us next for our next show next year," Pinkie said as the two bolted out of there seats shutting down the gym. The game was over. So was Spike and Rainbow Dash.

(The Next Day)

During lunch, the lunch table was silent and awkward. Spike was playing with his food with a fork and Rainbow Dash was tapping her fingers on the table thinking. The girls ate their lunch and looks at the two. Spike and Rainbow Dash couldn't help but look at each other every two seconds and back to their food.

"I can't- I can't go out with Rainbow Dash," Spike threw his fork across the table spitting out the words.

"SPIKE!" Twilight cried out.

"Thank you, for speaking up for me," Rainbow Dash said in relief.

"Spike, you have to go out with Rainbow tonight," Applejack spoke.

"But I don't know anything about dating," Spike said. "And besides, me nor Rainbow Dash have gone dating with someone before."

"Yeah, I never went out with any boy," Rainbow Dash said.

"That's okay," Rarity spoke happily. "I'll take Spike out of your hands."

"Now, Rarity, you have to play by the rules," Fluttershy said to her.

"Hey, got an idea!" Pinkie cried out. "What if we help them prepare themselves?"

"Like give them tips on what to do on dates?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, one of us takes Spike and the others with Rainbow Dash," Pinkie suggested.

"Me and Rarity we'll take Spike and tell him a thing or two about dating," Twilight said.

"Then I guess us three will take Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said.

"Let's do it," Spike said. "What could go wrong?"

(That Night)

Spike, Twilight, and Rarity was outside of Sugarcube Corner waiting for the others to arrive. Spike was getting nervous, this was his first date in his life. But Spike felt confidant of himself with the help of his two friends.

"Am I suppose to wait for Rainbow Dash?" Spike asked.

"It's what a boyfriend would do, Spike," Rarity said. "They wait for the girl, it's how they know you love them."

"I am not her boyfriend!" Spike cried out.

"Don't worry, Spike, it's just for one night," Twilight said. "Just remember what we taught you."

"Their he is!" Pinkie happily cried out to Spike holding her arms out.

Her, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash came by ready for the date.

"Are you ready for your first date, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked her.

"Meh," was all she could say. She wasn't excited to be here.

"Don't worry, she'll do fine," Fluttershy said.

"We taught her everythin' about datin'," Applejack said.

"Then I guess we'll leave you two alone then," Rarity said. "Good luck!"

The girls left leaving Spike and Rainbow Dash alone with each other. They stood there for awhile awkwardly.

"So, you ready for our date?" Spike asked.

"Let's get this over with," Rainbow Dash said, she suddenly jumped in shocked. "I mean, yeah, sure, it's for tonight, right?"

"Yeah, and we're still friends, right?" Spike said smiling.

"Yeah, let's go," Rainbow Dash said heading inside the building.

"Hold on, Rainbow Dash!" Spike stops her before she head in. He opens the door for her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"It's how a proper gentleman let the woman goes first," Spike answered. "It's what Rarity told."

"Spike, you don't have to-" Rainbow Dash paused a moment spacing out. "I mean, thank you, Spike."

She entered the building as Spike followed behind.

"You feeling alright?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, just working on my memory on how this date works," Rainbow Dash laughed.

Rover came up to them with an apron on and a fancy suit hiding behind it. He had a white clothe on his arm and was holding a silver plate with menus on it. The two couldn't help but laugh.

"Laugh all you want, but once my two weeks are up, it's back to bullying you, little man," Rover snarled.

"Did Applejack set you up for this?" Spike asked still laughing.

"Yeah, and now I'm suppose to lead you two to your table," Rover lead them to their table with candle lights and a red clothe over it. "Mr. and Ms. Cake helped me with the table. You're welcome by the way."

"Thanks, you know - for a stubborn ass like you - you handling this pretty well," Rainbow Dash said sitting in her chair, along with Spike.

"Would like to see what specials we are having tonight?" Rover asked.

"Sure, what do you got?" Spike said.

Rover pulled out the menu and opens it in front of them. All it said was SUNDAE on it.

"I guess we'll have sundae's," Rainbow Dash said.

"A wise chose, if I say so myself," Rover walked into the kitchen preparing the sundae's for them.

"So, Rainbow Dash," Spike spoke. "How are things?"

"Well, uh..." Dash said covering her ear. "How are things with me?"

There was a headphone piece in her ear. Applejack and Pinkie was in the bushes outside looking through the glass. They both wore headphones with microphones attach to it hearing what Rainbow Dash was saying using a little satellite dish.

"Tell him about sports," Applejack said in the mic. "Boys love sports."

They were helping her to get through with this. They tried to help her practice, but it turned out complicated for her. So it was time for Plan B. Spike didn't notice about their plan.

"Well, you know I play sports," Rainbow Dash said taking Applejack's advice.

"Yeah, and you love to run," Spike said.

"Actually, I love soccer the most."

"Really, I played a bit of soccer you know."

"No kidding, since when?"

"Since I was eight."

Outside, Pinkie spoke into the mic.

"Tell him how he's feeling living in his new home with a new family," she said to her.

"Good one," Applejack said.

"Spike, how are you feeling living in your new home with a new family?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Actually, to be honest, it's better than living in a house again," Spike answered.

"Again?"

"Well, the orphanage I used to live in felt like a motel for me."

"And how's it feel living with a family again?"

"Relief, if you know what I mean. I've been watching TV lately though and never saw shows I've seen before. At the orphanage, we had to block off the channels because of our age we're in."

"Totally understand, what shows are you watching?"

"Well, I've been watching Walking Dead, Family Guy, and this show I've seemed to like."

"What show is that?"

"Nah, it's silly."

"Come on, I'm the only one here. And if Rover tries to tell everyone what you watch, I'll make sure he'll never speak again."

Spike sighed and look left to right. He leans in and whispered to her.

"I watch The Power Girls every Friday night," Spike answered quietly.

"You watch The Power Girls too?" Rainbow Dash said excitedly.

"You watch the show?" Spike seemed curious now.

"I watched it since episode one where Hum Drum finally became a super hero like the girls."

"You know how Hum Drum became a hero?"

"I wish, they said there was an episode zero where..."

"...They show how Hum Drum became useful!" They both said. Spike read her mind knowing what she was about to say. They both laughed not knowing they actually had something in common together.

"Your sundae's are ready," Rover said handing them their food.

Outside, Applejack and Pinkie were hearing their conversation about The Power Girls.

"I think Rainbow Dash has this on her own," Applejack said to Pinkie.

After awhile, their bowls were empty and continued their conversation. Applejack soon had an idea.

"Tell him about me, what does he think about me?" Applejack asked her.

"What do you think of Applejack?" Rainbow Dash repeated what she said to her.

"Applejack?" Spike said thinking. "I think she's..."

"Well, spit it out."

"...She can be sometimes get real close to me, feels like she's trying to say something to me."

"And how do you feel for her?"

"To be honest, I kinda like it when she hugs me."

Suddenly he heard a loud and yet softly Yes! sound outside.

"You heard something?" Spike asked.

"No" Rainbow Dash lied.

"Well, anyways, can you keep a secret?" Spike went back talking ti his date.

"Sure, shoot."

"I have this feeling for Rarity."

"I think someone has a crush on her."

"Well, yeah. I don't know why but, I think I kinda love Rarity."

"Then you should've picked bachelor number one."

"...Did you ever loved someone, Rainbow Dash?"

"No, but I did love something once."

"Really, what?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

"Sure."

"...I use to be a bully."

Spike was shocked. He was now curious than ever.

"You? A bully?"

"And know how it sounds but, when I picked on a kid I knew my bullying days were over."

"What happen?"

"Well, it started at the playground..."

5 Years Ago

A flashback went back over five years ago. Rainbow Dash was 9 years old wearing a blue shirt with a thunderbolt on it. She was picking on a 5 year old boy with brown hair and wore a yellow shirt. She pushed him on the sand and sat on him.

"Where's my lunch money, twerp!" she yelled at him.

"I don't have it!" the boy cried out.

She got off of him and picked him up. She shoves him against a wall with a loud Thud!.

"I was queen of the playground," Rainbow Dash explained. "Whoever walks across my playground must pay a fee."

"The next time you don't pay, you get a beating," Rainbow Dash said to the boy. "You got that."

She set him down than punches him in the stomach. The boy got down to the ground gasping for air. She then notice him peeing himself.

"Check it out, everybody!" she gathered the kids around. "It's Tinkle Winkle!"

The group of kids points and laughed at him. The boy covered his pants hiding the embarrassment.

Back in the present, Rainbow Dash felt awful just thinking if it.

"After that day, that was the last time I ever saw him," Rainbow Dash continued. "One day I thought of myself about him and it came to my senses that I felt awful to myself. And I vow to myself that I would never do that again."

"Wow, and I thought I was awful," Rover sat in a chair listening to her story.

"Just be thankful that my bully days are over," Rainbow Dash said to him. She then turn back to Spike. "So anyway, Spike, what about you? Do you have anything about-"

She saw Spike pointing at her giving her a strange look on his face. As if something shocked him.

"Spike? You okay?" Dash asked him.


Suddenly, Spike had a flashback of his own. The same flashback Rainbow Dash had. He was the little boy she was talking about. Spike covered hi pants where he peed himself. Rainbow Dash continued laughing at him.

"That'll teach ya not for paying me," Rainbow Dash said laughing. "They don't call me Thunderbolt Zeus for nothing!"


Spike stops his flashback but he could still hear her laughing in her head.

"You," Spike finally spoke. Rainbow Dash was confused on what's going on.

"Yeah, what about me?" she asked.

"...You were Thunderbolt Zeus?" Spike asked her seeing the expression on her face.

"How did you know my nickna- Oh my God!" Dash suddenly realize and was shocked what she discovered. Spike was breathless when he knew it was her who she picked on. Rainbow Dash had to make sure it was him who she picked on. "Tinkle Winkle?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Spike burst out of his seat knocking the chair down.

"OH! SNAP!" Rover cried out laughing getting of what was going on. He kept repeating the words over and over again making this fun for him. He turned to Rainbow Dash and pointed at her. "YOU, bullied THIS kid? OH, MAN!"

"Spike, I had no idea," Dash said ignoring Rover.

"Do you realize what you did to me?" Spike continued. "I had to move out of town because of you! You humiliate me, you bullied me, and you force me to give you my lunch money!"

"Spike, I am SO sorry," Rainbow Dash tried to convince him.

"Sorry? You think that the word 'Sorry' is going to help?" Spike continued rampaging.

"This is making my day," Rover said enjoying this moment.

"Why did you think I change my hair color, my clothes, my personality?" Spike said.

"You have every right to yell at me, but I'm telling you that I'm sorry," Rainbow Dash said.

"What in tarnation is going on in there, Dash?" Applejack spoke into the mic, only this time Spike heard them.

"Who's that?" Spike asked.

"No one," Pinkie said into the mic and suddenly covered her mouth shutting herself up.

Spike saw the bushes moved outside. He saw Applejack and Pinkie out there.

"Applejack? Pinkie? What the hell are you two doing?" Spike cried out. "And why do you have headphones on and a miniature satellite dish?"

"Guys, now is not the time," Rainbow Dash growled at them.

"Rainbow Dash, what's that in you ear?" Spike asked now noticing the ear piece she hid from him. He soon finally put the pieces together getting furious. "Oh, I see what's going on."

"Spike, its not what it looks like," Rainbow Dash said.

"I know exactly what it looks like, Dash! Oh, I'm sorry, what I meant to say was your name is now Thunderbolt Zeus!" Spike cried out. "You planning on this just to make me feel bad again. What are you planning this time, Thunderbolt Zeus?"

"Spike, don't call me that," Dash begs him.

"Whatever, I'm outta here! Consider our friendship, OVER!" Spike cried out walking away.

"Spike, wait a minute," Applejack stops him. "Before you go - and this may be a bad time right now - you wanna hug? You do love hugs, don't ya?"

"You heard our conversation?" Spike gasps.

"No, silly, we were ease dropping," Pinkie said receiving a punch on the shoulder by Applejack.

Spike shook his head angrily and left the building. Rainbow Dash remains in her chair about to bust into tears feeling horrible about herself.

"OK, I know it looks bad and all, but it wasn't me this time," Rover spoked receiving dirty looks from the girls. "...Just saying."

(The Next Day)

It was lunchtime in school and the girls were eating lunch. All except for Spike, who wasn't at their table today. Rainbow Dash had her head on the table still worried.

"Spike told me what happened the other night," Twilight said to her.

"I said I was sorry," Dash answered with her head still down.

"I don't think Sorry is gonna cut for the little feller," Applejack said.

"Maybe you should go talk to him when he starts to cool down a bit," Fluttershy suggested.

"Fluttershy, I ruined his life," Dash lift her head back up.

"She's right, Rainbow Dash, the best you could do is wait till he calms down," Rartity said, agreeing with Fluttershy.

"I hope so," Dash said.

After school, Rainbow Dash was getting nervous. She waited for Spike seeing if he was still around. Lucky for her he walks out of the building and saw her. He gave her a quick dirty look and continued walking.

"Hey, Spike," Dash excitedly greeted him.

"Don't talk to me," Spike said as he walked right passed her.

"Spike, come on!" Dash followed him. "What will it take for me to forgive you?"

"Rainbow Dash, you ruined my life!" Spike spun around looking at her. "How could you possibly apologize to me?"

"Anything, you name it."

Spike took some time of thinking. Then he had an idea.

"Fine, me against you in a game of soccer," Spike said. "If you win, I'll accept you're apology. But if I win, we are no longer friends."

"Pfft! Deal," Dash shook his hand thinking he could beat her in soccer.

Later, Spike and Rainbow Dash was in the middle of the soccer field. There was a storm coming soon making loud thunder noises. The wind picked up blowing their hair.

"You wanna do a practice shot?" Dash asked. "I'll let you go for it."

Spike didn't say anything. He bolted towards the soccer ball and kicked it. It went flying in the air zooming right pass Rainbow Dash. She felt a strong breeze from it and heard the ball made it into the goal. She was impress.

"I played Soccer since the day I moved, after you bullied me!" Spike cried out. "The team and me made first place every game we played.

"I said I was sorry!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she retrieved the ball.

"I'll accept your apologies when you win, which won't happen."

"Spike, I play more sports than you did," Dash placed the ball back into its place and walked back to her place. "I made more medals than you ever did."

"You're just saying that because you're scared."

"Scared, you should be scared because I'm older and bigger than you!"

"Is that a threat?"

"No, it's me bullying you again, Tinkle Winkle!"

Spike was stun when she called him that.

"...Say that again... I dare you."

"It's me bullying you again! TINKLE! WINKLE!"

"Don't call me Tinkle Winkle, Thunderbolt Zeus!"

"Don't call me Thunderbolt Zeus!"

"Then it's on!"

"Like donkey-kong!"

"AAAAAAAHHH!"

"AAAAAAAHHH!"

They both ran towards the ball and began their match.

SPIKE VS. RAINBOW DASH

As soon as they both hit the ball together, lightning strikes. It started to rain on the field. They ignored the storm and continued playing. Rainbow Dash took the ball first. She dribble the ball towards Spike's goal. The rain taps her face hard but she kept going. When she was about to kick the ball, Spike stoled it from her and head to her goal. Rainbow Dash was off guard as she kicked the ground hard and slipped. The mud splattered everywhere when she plotted down to the ground.

Spike was now dribbling the ball. Rainbow Dash got back up covered in mud. She rushes towards him and reached to him. She tackled the ball but Spike fight back. They were about to head towards the goal. Spike finally steal the ball by kicking it up in the air and ( ) the ball and went flying. The ball hits the pole bouncing back towards them. Rainbow Dash did a back flip and kicks the ball. She perfectly landed back as the ball went flying towards Spike's goal. Spike gasps, he was too late to go after it. Suddenly the wind picked up blowing the ball to the pole. It bounce back to them and stops in the middle of the field.

Spike and Rainbow Dash glared at each other and ran to the ball. They ran across the field pushing each other. Spike soon stepped away from her and started sliding across the wet grass. His bottom shoes were flat making it easier for him to go faster. As soon as he reach the ball, Rainbow Dash kick it in gear dashing across the field. Spike and Rainbow Dash were ready to kicked the ball. They both kicked it as lightning struck again. They both locked the ball on there foot's and glared each other again.

"Why did it have to be me to get bullied by you?" Spike asked, yelling as the storm became worse.

"I don't know!" Dash yelled back at him. "I guess you were having a good day, so I had to ruin it for you!"

"That's ridiculous! There has to be another reason why!"

They both lift their foot up and kicked it again. Another fearsome lightning struck. They were still locked onto the ball.

"Maybe I ruin your day because you were always walking across my playground!" Dash continued with the conversation.

"You didn't ruin my day, you ruin my life!" Spike cried out as they began too kick again.

As they kicked the ball together again, lighting stroke. Only this time louder and bigger.

"Your life became better when you came here!"

"Yeah, but now I know that your here, my life will turn to hell once more!"

"AAAAAAAAHHH!"
"AAAAAAAAHHH!"

They both shouted as they kicked the ball once more. When they did, the ball popped. Lightning struck making a big banging sound. They stopped and looked at the flatted ball. They look back at each other and back to the ball again.

"The ball is still playable!" Dash cried out kicking the flat ball.

Spike trips her and took the ball. As he ran, she grabs his leg and pulled him down. He landed in the mud and crawled after the ball. Rainbow Dash pulls him away and scrambled after the ball. Soon, Spike climbs on top of her and grabs the ball. She shook him off till they both had the ball. They were face to face yanking the flat ball back to back.

"STOP BEING A BABY!" Dash shouted at him angrily.

"WHY SO YOU CAN BEAT ME UP AGAIN AND SEE ME CRY FOR REAL!" Spike shouted back at her furiously.

"THE ONLY REASON WHY I BEAT YOU UP IS TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!"

"TO GET MY ATTENTION?! THAT'S LOUD OF CRAP!"

"I WANTED TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU!"

"THAT'S A LIE! IF YOU WANTED TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME WHY BEAT ME UP EVERYDAY!"

"I WAS TRYING TO BE YOUR FRIEND BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY!"

"SO I GUESS IT'S MY FAULT THAT I IGNORED YOU?!"

"YEAH!"

"WELL THEN I GUESS I'M SORRY!"

"...I GUESS I'M SORRY TOO FOR BEATING YOU!"

"...Good!"

"...Good!"

"...Apology accepted."

"...Same here."

They both finally calmed down. Soon they relaxed and fell on the ground and lay on their backs. They watch the storm as it started to calm down as well. Rain hits upon their face lightly.

"Why are we fighting?" Spike spoke softly to Rainbow Dash. "We were friends since I got here."

"Yeah, the day when I saved you from The Diamond Dogs," Dash spoke. "That's when I hit Rover in the face with my soccer ball."

"Man, you knocked him out good," Spike chuckled. "Then you show me around the place."

"I showed you the football field, the library, I even introduced you to my friends."

"Then you said you were going to help me prank on Rover."

"By embarrassing him in front of the whole school."

They lay there silent feeling the rain on their face making them relax.

"Wanna finish our date when we get our energy back?" Dash asked.

Spike smirked and started to giggle. So did Rainbow Dash. They both laughed out loud and turn their heads to each other smiling.

"Rainbow Dash," Spike said to her. "Let's don't fight like this ever again."

Dash chuckled and smiled at him showing her teeth. And finally said to him, "Agreed."

The Next Day in the cafeteria, The girls were in their lunch table waiting for Spike and Rainbow Dash.

"Do you think they made up?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm sure they be fine," Applejack said to her.

"I don't know, Spike didn't came home last night," Twilight said, taking a sip of her apple juice.

"You think it's because Spike was still mad over the incident?" Fluttershy asked.

"Here they came," Rarity points at them walking together.

They came to the table and smiled at them.

"So, did you two made up?" Twilight asked.

"You know, we did," Spike said happily.

"And we made a promise that we wouldn't fight again," Rainbow Dash said smiling.

"So, you want to eat with us or not?" Applejack asked.

"Actually, me and Rainbow Dash are going to the soccer field and play soccer for a bit," Spike said.

"You? Going against Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie said questioning Spike.

"He's really good at soccer," Rainbow Dash said. "You ready?"

"You know it," Spike said to her as they walked off.

The girls notice them holding hands together as they headed to the soccer field.

"Did I miss something?" Rarity asked.

"They seem to be closer together," Fluttershy said, now curious.

"Whatever it is, I'm glad their friends again," Twilight said smiling.

Spike and Rainbow Dash were now best friends. They pictured themselves as younger kids again holding each other's hands together, thinking that they were already friends since the day they first met.