• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 4,426 Views, 76 Comments

The New Life of Spike: Book 2 - Dark Matter 101



Another life of Spike ladies and gentlemen. You ready for another exciting adventure? Then read Book 2 of The Life of Spike as he experience new people, new adventures, and new enimies. This will be a life Spike should always remember.

  • ...
3
 76
 4,426

Ch 8 (Part 1 of 4): How To Save The Neighborhood

Chapter 8 (Part 1 of 4)
How To Save The Neighborhood

It's been a short year for Spike. He made it through Freshmen year though. His Freshmen Year is now done. Him and his friends couldn't wait for summer to come. He came a long way for this moment. His first summer vacation with his friends. And to start out with a bang, he's seeing his big brother graduating. Spike and his new family was sitting outside with other people seeing their students graduating. Spike saw his big brother sitting in a row of students in their caps and gowns. The color was fully blue and the lines on the edges were yellow. Celestia went up to the speaker and spoke into it.

"All rise!" she said to them raising them up on their feet. "Congratulations my fellow students, you made it through high school!"

The student took their caps off and threw it in the air cheering. Spike, Twilight, and others stood up cheering for Shining Armor. After when school finally ended, Spike and Twilight went home thinking of a plan ready for summer vacation.

"Just think of it, Twilight," Spike said. "No more homework, we get to sleep in, hanging out with friends, it's going to be great."

"Yeah, and it'll be great for Shining Armor too," Twilight said. "He's going to a college near town."

"Hey, don't forget about your boyfriend, Twi," Spike said.

"I'm happy for him too," Twilight said sadly. "It's just that he's going to college leaving me with you."

"Ha ha, very funny," Spike said chuckling.

Twilight was a bit worried though. She did had feelings for Spike, she might even forget about Flash. It was gonna be a challenge for her. She had to be strong to realize she has a boyfriend.

"Hey, what about your friends though?" Spike asked.

"What about them?" Twilight asked back.

"They're not going to spend the night everyday at our place, are they?"

"Why, you afraid they might snuggle you at night?" Twilight teased.

"It's because of that," Spike points at her. "You guys are always teasing me."

"We can't help it Spike, you're just so adorable!" Twilight messes with his hair.

"What about Comet and Pipsqueak, and the rest of the boys that are my age?" Spike continued.

"What about them?"

"You guys don't tease them the way you tease me."

"Spike, can't you see that you skipped three grades? You finished Freshmen Year, and the girls and I haven't met anyone who is now in Sophomore Year that is ten years old."

"Well, I hope you're ready for this next question," Spike said taking a deep breath. "Do you girls love me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Twilight chuckled. "Of course we love you."

"No, I mean, do you girls LOVE love me?" Spike asked again. "You teased your boyfriend all the time because you love him, does that mean you and your friends tease me a lot because you all love me?"

Twilight blushes. She couldn't answer his question. She quickly thought of a way to clear her mind and Spike's.

"We do that because your fun to mess with," she answered.

"That's not the question I'm looking for!" Spike cried out seeing her laugh.

Suddenly two helicopters flew by over them. It wasn't high up in the sky but rather close to the roof of the houses. They saw the helicopter heading towards town. They decided to go check it out of whats going on. As they went to town square, they saw a bunch of people gathered around. Including the students and friends. Spike saw Mr. Cake and decided to talk to him.

"Mr. Cake, what's going on?" he asked.

"It's Chrysalis, she wants to take down the town," Mr. Cake answered surprising Spike and Twilight.

"What?!" they both said.

"If you don't believe me, take a look," Mr. Cake points to a TV in the middle of the people.

They walked up to it and saw Mayor Mare talking to Chrysalis in person. She wore a black suit with a green shirt underneath it and her blue hair wasn't neat but combed all the way down to her waist, most of her hair was covering her face but you could see what she was like. They were in a conference room talking about the reason why she's tearing down Equestria.

"As you may all heard, Chrysalis is tearing down Equestria," a news reported spoke. "A small town where her great ancestors used to live in, and decided to come back and see the town herself. And now here are a few questions for her."

"Chrysalis, may I ask why you're tearing down our beloved town and is there a reason why?" Mayor Mare asked.

"Let me explain," Chrysalis began. "I'm not tearing it down to get rid of it, but to make a new town."

She clicks on a remote showing a projector sliding down. It shows clips of Equestria, showing the town.

"As you can see, the town lived and still standing for so long that soon enough it will grow very old," she continued showing a clip of what will happen in the future. It showed the town as a mess and building coming apart. "But if we could figure out of a way to change the town into a better place, we might just have a chance to rebuild something greater."

"This is inane!" Octavia cried out.

"She might be insane, but she wears an awesome suit," Comet said.

"We can build Apple Acres into a factory where you could still harvest apples," Chrysalis continued as she showed the next clip of Apple Acres. Then she showed another clip showing a small factory. "Say goodbye to hard work and sweating under the sun all day, hello easy to harvest and air conditioning. Where you can work happily and freely."

"They can't do that! That's our home!" Applejack cried out.

"And ya can't make better apples with machines, ya make them yourself!" Granny Smith cried out.

"Yup!" Big Mac agreed.

"As I always say, 'Out with the old, in with the new'," Chrysalis said. "I have seen what old things can do to our lives. But once we make a new town, we will surely live in a better life."

"Bull shit!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

Mr. Cake turned off the TV and the crowd started to argue. Including Spike and Twilight.

"What's wrong with old things," Spike cried out. "Old things are great."

"Yeah, like Granny Smith," Rover said as Granny Smith smacks his head.

"Wipper-Snapper," she said to him.

"OW!" Rover cried out rubbing his head.

"I heard that this has gone through months now," Mr. Cake said. "I thought that Celestia would stop Chrysalis from destroying this town, but the Mayor is letting her do it anyway. Never thought that Chrysalis could pull it off."

"What does it mean?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"It means that this Chrysalis chick wants us to move out of town so that her and her goons can move in!" Mr. Cake said.

The crowd went back arguing the situation.

"How could they do this?" Trixie asked. "This is our neighborhood."

"They can't just tear down this town and the neighborhood," Rarity said.

Suddenly music started to play. A dramatic tune was playing as Pinkie came in out of nowhere singing.

"This is our neighborhood! How can they tear it down? How can they turn our smile into a frown?" Pinkie sang getting their attention. "Well maybe just a few! For its me and you and you-"

The music stops all of a sudden. Pinkie saw Spike turning off the CD player and gave her a serious look.

"Pinkie. Quit it," Spike said to her.

"But I thought the moment called for it," Pinkie said as she kept singing. "Well, maybe just a few-"

"No, Pinkie. This is serious," Spike interrupt her again.

A loud horn blew from a distance. A semi-truck came driving by carrying and pulling a bulldozer. As it drove pass the angry mob, Spike knew he had to do something.

"Listen up, everyone!" Spike cried out getting their attention. "We'll do anything to stop this, right?"

"RIGHT!" everyone shouted.

"Then let's sign a petition, letting Mayor Mare and Chrysalis know that this is our neighborhood!" Spike cried out receiving cheers. "We'll need followers! Plans to stop the tear down! Mr. Cake, can you make paper of petitions?"

"Say no more, Spike, I'm already on it," Mr. Cake gave him a thumbs up.

"Great, let's do this! Tomorrow, let's show Chrysalis why she can't tear down the neighborhood!" Spike thrust his fist in the air.

Everybody cheered and agreed with the plan. After awhile, people started to head home getting ready to save their hometown. Rainbow Dash on the other hand had plans of her own. She was walking home talking to herself.

"I never knew Spike had it in him," she said. "'Course there was that time when he stops Mr. Discord from tearing down the animal shelter. I just hope Spike knows what he's doing."

Rainbow Dash finally reached to her house and headed in. Before she could head into her room she heard voices coming down from the basement. She decided to take a look and see who it was. It was her dad and a couple of other men surrounding a model of Equestria on the table.

"Okay, Mr. Dash, here's how its gonna work," a man in a suit said. His hair was combed back filled with grease in his hair and has a ponytail on the back. His name was Mr. Changeling. "We take half the money we earn by taking down the town and build you and your daughter a new car shop."

"And it will be better?" Mr. Dash asked. He was tall and buff. He wore a light blue collar shirt and brown pants. His hair was like Rainbow Dash's but was brown.

"Sure enough," Mr. Changeling said. "Well I have to go, we got other plans to attend to."

"Hey, can I keep this model?"

"You got it. Come on boys," Mr. Changeling order his men as they got out of the house. They walked pass Rainbow Dash ignoring her coming in.

"Hey, pumpkin," Mr. Dash notice her.

"Hey, Dad. What was that all about?" Dash asked her father.

"Mr. Changeling came in and asked me if I could make a fortune," Mr. Dash explained. "So he told me about working with Chrysalis and said that if I help him with the plan, we'll finally place a car shop you and me always wanted. Just think of it, selling all kinds of different cars. Come on, I'll show you."

He led her daughter to the model of the town and explain the plan.

"Mr. Changeling told me that we can make a business," Mr. Dash continued placing his model shop around the model town. "We'll have up to three shops. Till then, we'll have up to hundreds of shops around the country and you know what that means? We'll be rich. I'll be rich. You'll be rich. You can have that pony you always wanted."

"Dad, I wanted a pony since I was five," Dash said.

"Oh, yeah... Well what do you want now?"

"I don't know."

"Well, make up your mind, until then you can anything you want and I mean anything."

Rainbow Dash eyes popped up. Anything she could ever wanted. She saw a sports magazine on the floor showing a Sports car on the front cover. She smiled already knows what she wanted.

"Anything?" she asked making sure this was clear for her.

"That's right, sweet heart," Mr. Dash said. "We'll be stinking rich."

"But what about the others? My friends, the folks in town?"

"I know what you're going to say, but don't worry, Mr. Changeling said he'll fix that," Mr. Dash said. "Like Chrysalis said on TV: 'Change is good'. Once we have the money to build our shop, we'll become one big happy family."

Mr. Dash patted Rainbow Dash's shoulder. She smiled at him agreeing with him. But she also felt bad for betraying her friends. In another part of town where Spike lived. The day was almost over with. Spike was walking down the sidewalk heading home. He saw another semi-truck with a bulldozer. He shook his head and head inside his house. He saw his dad in the living room watching TV.

"Hey, Dad," Spike said to him.

"There's the town hero!" Night Light said to him hearing the news.

"Yeah, about that, I don't think I'm up for it," Spike said. "I mean, I'm just ten."

"You did save Fluttershy's animal shelter, right?"

"Yeah, but this is a real challenge for me."

"Don't worry about it son. Me and your mother will help you whatever you need us to do. Right sweet heart!"

Twilight Velvet came in her cheer leading outfit. It was the school colors back in the day. It was a bit small for her though. She has pom-poms in her hands.

"Spike! Spike! He's our man!" Velvet cheered him.

Spike blushed seeing her mother in her outfit.

"MOM!" Spike cried out pulling his hood over his head. "Go cheer somewhere else!"

"Fine. But yell at me one more time, then it's off to bed," Velvet went upstairs to show Twilight her cheer leading outfit. Spike could hear Twilight crying out at her of how embarrassing it was for her.

"But what if I can't do it?" Spike continued with his conversation.

"Well, then we have to move out, say goodbye to your friends, although we could end up in another country," Night Light thought about it. "Oh no, Spike! We might become Canadians!"

"Dad," Spike said without laughing, knowing it was a joke.

"I'm just kidding, I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or another. Although if all ends terribly, we might as well eat Canadian bacon all day," Night Light laughed so hard he burst into tears. He looks back at Spike seeing he wasn't laughing with him. "Because, we might move to Canada and... eat bacon... Canada. Bacon. Come on, Spike, work with me on this."

"Goodnight, Dad," Spike smiled and went up stairs seeing his mother still wearing her outfit. He accidentally got a glimpse of her panties under her skirt causing him to nosebleed. "MOM!"

"I'm so sorry, sweety!" Velvet pulls her skirt down quickly.

"Put your original clothes back on!" Spike rushes to the bathroom trying to stop the nosebleed.

The next morning, Spike enjoyed his first sleep in. He woke up by a text message. He saw what it read making him jump out of bed. He put on his clothes, getting cleaned up, and rushes outside heading to town. As he did he saw Applejack, Pipsqueak, Comet, Fluttershy, and Scootaloo standing in the middle of the streets seeing two helicopters lowering down a huge TV screen. It lowered onto a building attached to it.

"What's going on?" Spike asked.

"It's Chrysalis again," Applejack said.

"I understand that, but I still want to know what," Spike said.

"We don't know what she's planning," Fluttershy spoke. "All we know is that this is the beginning of what's coming from her."

"Hey, check it out! It's her!" Pipsqueak points at the TV seeing Chrysalis face in it.

"It's time for a new world," she spoke into the TV. It was a recording from her. "Out with the old, in with the new. I have seen the future. A new town, means a better life."

"Man she's good in that suit, and kinda good looking if you know what I mean," Comet said to Spike.

"Comet," Spike said getting on to him.

"I know, Spike. But still," Comet said as he kept watching her.

Chrysalis was gone and shows another clip on the big TV.

30 days
Until
Construction Begins

"Check it out, that is wicked awesome!" Scootaloo said. "Now we have our own TV in town."

"No, it's not awesome," Spike said to her. "Didn't you read what it said? We got less than a month to save the neighborhood. Let's go!"

It was day one for our little hero. Him and Mr. Cake began making petition as Comet and Pipsqueak handed them out saying Save Equestria on each paper. Not only that, but Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie told everyone why they shouldn't tear down the town. Days went by and they are still trying their best to stop the wreckage.

20 days
Until
Construction Begins

Next, Applejack and her family were making Apple Ciders for the folks in town and apple pies for them. Rainbow Dash came up to them buying their Apple Cider. When she drinks it all she saw a sentence at the bottom of the cup. Stop Chrysalis From Destroying the Town! It read. She looks around her making sure no one saw her through the cup away. Spike saw what she did and didn't knew why she did it.

Couple of days has passed and this time they were on strike. Spike, Twilight, and the rest of the gang - except for Rainbow Dash - walks in circles in front of the building where the big TV was at. They carried signs they created saying Don't tear down the town! and Go Home Chrysalis and Change is Bad.

12 days
Until
Construction Begins

Spike tried to talk to the people around him about why they shouldn't give up and why they should keep fighting while his friends kept on handing petition to the folks. That's all they had for know when there was a few more days left till the town is destroyed.

6 Days
Until
Construction Begins

Spike and his friends sighed. They looked at the TV and yet nothing has changed. It was a wasteful month of summer vacation for them. Spike sat on a bench thinking of some other way to get their attention.

"We have to think of another way on how to save the town," Spike said. "Any ideas?"

"Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! I know! Let's throw a party!" Pinkie suggested hearing everyone agreeing with her.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cake can make food and finger sandwiches," Rarity said.

"Yeah, and food!" Comet cried out.

"That's a great idea," Spike said. "And Vinyl Scratch can kicked up the music, Pinkie will take care of the decorations, and games of course for Rainbow Dash-"

"Oh, yeah, about that, Spike," Fluttershy spoke. "She's not helping us."

"Apparently, Chrysalis beat us to it," Twilight said.

"But once we make Chrysalis stop her plan, Rainbow Dash will apologies to us in a snap," Applejack said.

"We need a name for the party," Applebloom said.

"How about 'Save the Neighborhood' party?" Pinkie said.

"Let's try another name," Twilight said. "I'm tire of using the same name over and over again.

"Block Power!" Scootaloo cried out for the name.

"Canterlot Savior?" Pipsqueak suggested.

"Why not 'Hearts and Divine'?" Rarity asked receiving a lot of no's.

"I got it! The Grand Galloping Gala!" Spike cried out.

The group agreed with the name. Later they already created posters and invitations to the people in town. Spike and Twilight was handing out the invitations out in the middle of town.

"Great Galloping Gala! Come to The Great Galloping Gala!" Spike cried out.

"Come and support the town! Save the neighborhood!" Twilight cried out.

A lot of people took the paper and a few threw them away. Mr. Changeling walked over to see what all the yelling was about. Spike handed him the paper telling him to save the neighborhood. As Mr. Changeling walked away from the two he took a look at the paper.

"Save the town? Great Galloping Gala?" Mr. Changeling looks back at Spike and Twilight seeing them handing out the papers. "This isn't good. Not good at all."

He took out his phone and started dialing fast. He calling his boos, Chrysalis.

"Yeah, hey boss," he said into the phone. "Listen, we've got a sticky situation."

A day later, the streets was filled with people and stands around them. A banner saying The Great Galloping Gala was hanged onto the two building stretching across the street. A huge stage with a band played for the entertainment. Vinyl Scratch was playing the DJ and Octavia was their helping her with it. Rarity set up a kissing booth for the men. Pinkie was entertaining the folks around her with her jokes. Applejack and Mrs. Cake are selling apples and baking goods, Fluttershy put up a petting zoo, and Twilight was at the front entrance handling the tickets and money for the fund. Shining Armor, Flash, Granny Smith, Mr. Cake, and Night Light was playing music on stage, they were the band. Everybody got into the groove and cheered for them.

"The Great Galloping Gala her in town saying they want to save the neighborhood," a news reporter said. There was the news crew at the party with their equipment set up. "One specific child started all this saying that Chrysalis shouldn't destroy this town or the neighborhood."

At Rainbow Dash's house. Mr. Dash and Mr. Changeling was sitting on the couch watching the TV seeing the news. They saw the party in town and Mr. Dash wasn't pleased.

"What the hell are they doing, they're going to ruin our deal!" Mr. Dash yelled at the TV.

"Relax, Mr. Dash, It's all taking care of," Mr. Changeling said. "I called a special reinforcements about the party being illegal."

Back in town, Spike had to stop the band for a moment about to make an announcement. He grabs the microphone and talked into it.

"You know what this is about?" Spike said to them. "It's about telling Chrysalis business that we won't sell! We won't let them tear down our town and neighborhood!"

The crowd cheered and continued with the party. Before they did, they heard sirens of a S.W.A.T team heading straight to the party. They ram through the stands wrecking the party. A huge van stops and the back doors bust open letting the police out. About ten of them with body armor and shields and police baton. They back everyone up getting them out of the party.

"Hey, what's going on?" Twilight asked one of the head S.W.A.T. team.

"This whole party is illegal!" he said to her.

"But we filed a permit!" Spike said to him.

"You got any illegal permit?" he asked letting them continue ruining the party.

Pinkie tried to stop them from tearing down her party but held her back. Fluttershy's animals scattered everywhere. And Granny Smith handcuffed herself on a door knob where she won't let them take the building down in a few days.

"Granny Smith!" Applejack cried out to her.

"Do your worst, coppers!" Granny Smith cried out. "We shall not be moved!"

"Alright lady, nice and easy," one of the S.W.A.T. team said, but Granny Smith hissed at him.

They grab ahold of her as they took the door down. They carried her and the door with it into the van.

"Hey! Let go of Granny Smith!" Applebloom cried out.

"Yup!" Big Mac shouted.

"Where are you taking Granny Smith?" Applejack yelled at them.

They held them back as they put Granny Smith in the van.

"Spike!" Granny Smith cried out to him. Spike rushes to her but was stopped by the men. He could hear her shouting at him. "Never give up, Spike! Never give in! Save the town! Save the neighborhood!"

They closed the doors on her. Spike could still hear her shout. They drove off taking her to jail. After awhile the place was trashed. The stage was torn down, pieces of the stands lay all around, and the papers flew around with the wind. Spike and the others who stayed behind took a long look at the place, all sad inside.

"That's it, huh?" Rarity spoke sadly. "This place belongs to Chrysalis and now the reinforcements are on her side... I give up."

"What?" Spike softly said watching her and Sweetie Belle heading home to their shop.

"Me too," Mr. Cake said taking his hat off. "I'm selling my place."

"Wait! Mr. Cake!" Spike tried to get his attention but was too late. He walks off with his wife and children heading back to their shop.

Soon the rest who was there decided to give up and head back home. Spike tried to stop them. But they ignored him.

"I guess we better try to get Granny Smith out of jail," Applejack said. "After that, let's find a new home."

"Applejack, you can't sell your farm," Spike said to her. "We still have time."

"Sorry, Spike, but Chrysalis has everything that we don't. You did you're best," Applejack, Big Mac, and Applebloom walked off to the farm getting ready to pack.

"Well, let's head on home," Night Light said. "We better find another home for us."

Night Light, Twilight Velvet, and Shining Armor walked back home getting ready to pack as well.

"You can't! I mean, we came so far!" Spike turned to Twilight seeing her with her head down. "Twilight, do something!"

"...I'm sorry, Spike," Twilight walks off with tears in her eyes.

"Wait! Where are you all going? Come back!" Spike cried out to them. The huge banner fell on top of him. Spike got it off of him still crying out to them. "Come back! Come back!... Please."

Spike lowered his head and decided to give up. The huge TV screen came on with Chrysalis face on it.

"Out with the old, in with the new," she said echoing the empty streets letting everyone in town hear her. "I've seen the future. Change is good."

(2 Days Later)

Spike and Comet was at the arcade. A notice on the big window said Closing in 3 Days Comet was playing 'Runaway Bus'. He was steering on the wheel and using the stick-shift as he played. Spike watched him play as he thinks about this place being gone.

"Only two more days now till we move," Spike said depressed. "Then after that day, this place will be gone forever."

"I know," Comet said focusing on the game.

"There's got to be someway to stop the bulldozers."

"Look, Spike, we tried. There's nothing else we could do. In two days, this whole town and neighborhood will be torn down and we'll just have to move on."

"I just want to do something... Baby carriage at two o'clock!"

"I see it," Comet see's a baby carriage in the game. He quickly dodged it just in time. He continued with the conversation with Spike when he got his focus back. "Spike, saving the town isn't a game, its real life. And real life can't always win."

Comet let go of the wheel seeing that he won the game. Two words were blinking on the screen saying YOU WIN. Comet got off the seat and the two walked out of the arcade.

"I mean, I could win Runaway Bus every time I play it," Comet continued. "But that's because it's a game."

"I guess," Spike said sadly.

"Hey, come on, you did your best," Comet patted him on the shoulder.

Later that day, Spike was walking alone in town. He saw the buildings already sold. There were even signs on the windows saying they were. Each store and house he passed was sold. He went to the school to see if it was sold. Sure enough it was. He spotted Pipsqueak and The Crusaders by the flag pole on their knees looking at something.

"Hey, guys," Spike said to them.

"Hey, Spike," Sweetie Belle sadly said.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Just came to see our names we carved on the cement floor when this school was built," Applebloom said.

"Yeah, we even made our hand prints on it," Scootaloo showed Spike.

Their names were drawn and hand printed underneath it.

"Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Pip..." Spike read noticing that Pipsqueak's name wasn't finished. He had to ask why. "Pip?"

"Yeah, after they finished with their name and I was about to draw mine, Mr. Discord saw us and he chased us off," Pipsqueak explain.

"I always thought that made it cooler," Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, we figured that it will be there forever," Applebloom and the others got up. "But after they tear down this school and the town, I highly doubt no one will even remember."

They walked off heading back home. Spike continued walking through town getting one good look at it before it tears down. He decide to head to Sugarcube Corner. He went inside seeing boxes around the place. He also saw Mr. Cake sitting on the ground leaning against the wall by the counter.

"Hi, Mr. Cake," Spike said to him.

"Look, Spike," Mr. Cake points at the counter. Spike saw three names, he saw Mr. Cake's name on top. "The bottom name is my grandpa, he owned the store before I did. After he passed away he gave the store to my dad, his name is the middle one. After that, I started to work with him and he said to me 'Cake, one of these days Sugarcube Corner is going to be your shop. When the years went by and after he retired, he passed it on to me. That was the proudest day of my life."

"Wow," Spike said sitting beside him. "Who were you going to pass it onto next?"

"My son," Mr. Cake answered. "But I guess now that won't happen."

"Because they're gonna tear down your shop?"

"...Yeah," Mr. Cake choked as a single tear ran down across his face. "I wanted to make my son work here one day just to let him feel what I felt. But that won't happen now."

He started to cry and got up.

"Excuse me, Spike," Mr. Cake headed into the kitchen where he could cry alone.

Spike stay seated taking one last look of the place. After awhile, Spike headed back home. When he entered he saw the picture frames was down and half of the furniture was gone. He saw Shining Armor taking down the pictures.

"Hey, Shining Armor," Spike said.

"Hey, Spike," he said without looking back at him.

"How's Granny Smith doing?"

"Still in jail."

"I thought you were going to keep her in there for one night."

"She keeps trying to break out. I wish I could let her go, but I don't make the rules, the law does."


In jail, Granny Smith was wearing an orange jumpsuit. She was trying to cut the bars open with a miniature saw she hid. Flash walked up to her telling her to hand it over. She did as she was told. After Flash left he could hear Granny Smith drilling something in her cell. Flash took a deep breath and rolled his eyes as he went back to her.


"Forth time we had to put her back," Shining Armor said to him.

Spike headed upstairs seeing Twilight and Velvet putting their stuff away in boxes.

"Hi, mom," Spike said. "Have you seen Dad around?"

"I think he's in your room packing your stuff," Velvet answered.

"What?" Spike cried out rushing to his room.

He bust it open seeing all his stuff packed in boxes. He saw Night Light putting Spike's action figures and comic books in a box.

"Dad, what are you doing!" Spike rushes to a random box opening it. He grabs his belongings out of the box. "We haven't sold the house yet!"

"It's only a matter of short time now, everyone else is sold," Night Light stops packing and sat in a chair. "Chrysalis owns the whole town except the neighborhood."

"This blows," Spike sat on his bed. He notice that his blankets was packed along with his stuff.

"I know it's hard for you," Night Light said searching through his belongings. He took out an old photograph book his father gave him back in the eighteen hundreds. "Hey, this might cheer you up. Have I ever told you that my grandpa was like you back in the 1890's? Back then there was the apple incident."

"The apple incident?" Spike asked.

"Yes, Spike, the apple incident," Night Light told him a story. "Back in 1890, my grandpa told me a story about how he saved the town and his neighborhood. Back then they paid taxes to the British Crown to provide tobacco, meats, vegetables, and fruits. Until one day the taxes were raised. They added a nickel on every apple there is making the whole town in a rampage."

"What happen?" Spike asked.

"The apple incident, Spike," Night Light continued. "My grandpa fought on this very street. Soldiers were sent to arrest them by order of the governor, Von Salis!"

He showed a picture of a woman in a red suit. She almost looked like Chrysalis Spike saw on the huge TV.

"Von Salis!" Spike was surprised.

"I wonder if she's any relations?" Night Light asked himself. "Anyway, Von Salis sent her men to go and fought my grandpa. As they saw what was becoming to the town, they saw that they were fighting back. Vegetable carts as barricades and saw the folks fighting back whatever they had. So they use apples and throw it at them, it hurts if you got thrown at one. The British surrendered, and my grandpa and the folks in town save their homeland. And that's why in this town we have the greatest apples that ever made. Although there was that one time when they accidentally put applesauce in chilly, very juicy."

"Dad, Did that actually happen?" Spike asked him.

"'Course it happened, I sliced it up and put it in the sandwich."

"No, Dad, Don't you see?" Spike hopped out of bed. "This is our answer!"

"Yes! Yes, Spike!" Night Light stood up. "Juicy apple flavor made in jelly! Why didn't I think of that sooner?"

"No, Dad, the apple incident," Spike said pacing around the room. "If that battle took place in town, then the town and neighborhood should be a national landmark!"

"Well, if that's true, then maybe there should be a document of it," Night Light said.

"Then maybe I can find it," Spike continued pacing. "We still got two days. I can show the document to Celestia and the mayor, and they stop the bulldozers. They couldn't tear down the town and this place. Pipsqueak and the Crusaders can still have their names carved on the cement, Mr. Cake and Rarity can still have his shop, and we and the other neighbors can still live here just like before. Nothing will change! Dad what ever you do, don't sell the house. I'm gonna track down that document and save Equestria."

"You're a bold kid, Spike," Night Light said. "I'm with you all the way, but you better hurry before the bulldozers tear down the town and our home."

After the day was over, Spike was planning on how to find the document. He stayed up all night doing his history and math. History for finding the document, and math for how much time he has left. He has about tow more days left until the town is gone. If Spike did his math right, they would start tearing down at 7:00 a.m. in the morning in less than two days. He went outside and head to town getting Comet. He then heard Chrysalis on TV echoing across Equestria.

"Change is good, I've seen the future," she said echoing across town. "And the future is in the eye."

The video was gone and went back counting days until the town gets destroyed.

3 days
Until
Construction Begins

It changes the days into a timer counting down.

48:59:59
Until
Construction Begins