• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 4,428 Views, 76 Comments

The New Life of Spike: Book 2 - Dark Matter 101



Another life of Spike ladies and gentlemen. You ready for another exciting adventure? Then read Book 2 of The Life of Spike as he experience new people, new adventures, and new enimies. This will be a life Spike should always remember.

  • ...
3
 76
 4,428

Ch 11 (Part 4 of 4): The Great Getaway

Chapter 11 (Part 4 of 4)
The Great Getaway

In town, Night Light and his followers were setting the explosives on the ceiling. As they put the finishing touches, the explosives were set.

"Okay, Dad, that should be the last of them," Shining Armor said wiping the sweat off on his forehead.

"Great, now all we have to do is wait till the bulldozers come and then we set it off surprising them," Night Light said.

"Great, can we get out of here now? This place gives me the willies," Mr. Cake pleaded.

"Yeah, I'm kinda gettin' creeped out of this place myself," Big Mac agreed.

Somewhere else in town, Granny Smith lifts the lid off the middle of the street. She peeked out around seeing no cars. After the coast was clear, she climbs out of the sewers and smelled. She ignored the smell and headed to where the bulldozers was heading without getting spotted.

In the City, Mr. Changeling was still sleeping in the recliner. He wakes up by a loud banging sound on the door. Someone was knocking, pounding on the door with great force. Mr. Changeling rubs his face and got up heading towards the door. When he opens it, there stood Mr. Dash yelling at his face.

"Wake up, you asshole!" Mr. Dash shouted at him, making him wide awake. "You were double-crossing me! You knew Chrysalis was taking half of my company!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Mr. Changeling said calmly. He was still half asleep when Mr. Dash slaps him with the contract he signed.

"I read the contract!" Mr Dash kept shouting at him as he makes him back up into his home. "Chrysalis is taking fifty percent of my company! But you didn't say anything about me getting fifteen percent! You knew you get thirty-five percent!"

"Yeah, so what if I did, it's a free country," Mr. Changeling said.

"Free? Well if it's a free country, then I guess its free for me, TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU!" Mr. Dash raised a fist against his face shaking it.

"Mr. Dash, we don't want any violence," mr. Changeling tried to reason with him.

"Too late!" Mr. Dash shouted as he began to choke him.

Mr. Changeling was gasping for air when Mr. Dash lifts him off the floor. He looks around him when he saw a lamp beside him. He quickly grabs it and swung it at Mr. Dash. The lamp busted as Mr. Dash let go of him. He quickly headed into the kitchen looking for a weapon when Mr. Dash quickly gain conscious. Mr. Dash then ran up to him grabbing his back head. He threw his head down on a table leaving a crack on it. He grabs him and shoves him against the wall knocking down the picture frames. Mr. Changeling quickly grabs a kitchen knife on the table beside him and slits Mr. Dash's shoulder ripping his shirt. He let go as he covered his wound. Blood was spilling down his arm. Mr. Changeling rushes to the sink filled with dirty dishes, silverware, and drinking glasses. He moves pots and pans searching for a perfect weapon finding himself a kitchen knife. He grabs it and turns back to Mr. Dash seeing that he hits him with a frying pan. Mr. Changeling dropped the kitchen knife out of his hands when Mr. Dash grabs it. He grabs Mr. Changeling's hand and struck the kitchen knife on at the center of his hand. He screams painfully trying to get it out of him. The only option was that he punches Mr. Dash's crotch making him fall onto his knees moaning. Mr. Changeling then grabs the frying pan with his bloody hand and bashes him on the back of his head.

He collapse and slowly got back up. He threw a punch at him and was ready for a fist fight. Mr. Changeling and Mr. Dash was punching at each others face, wounds, bruises, legs, what ever they could find that looks like a weak spot to them. Finally Mr. Dash threw a powerful punch knocking Mr. Changeling across the kitchen. He got up seeing Mr. Dash running towards him. He saw a beer bottle on the floor and picks it up. When Mr. Dash was close to him, he swings the bottle at his face. Mr. Dash flew back and landing flat on the floor out cold with scratches on his face, no pieces of glass pierced him. After that, Mr. Changeling drags him to the fridge. He opens the fridge door and set Mr. Dash between the fridge and the door.

"Hey! Mr. Dash!" Mr. Changeling called out to him.

When Mr. Dash got his conscious back, But not too long. He saw Mr. Changeling swings the door at his face. Finally the fight was over, Mr. Changeling won. He was breathing heavily and started to limp his way into the bathroom, leaving Mr. Dash out cold. When he made it to the bathroom and to the sink, he started to wash up. He could see himself with a bloody nose, bruises, a black eye, and something was hurting him inside his mouth. He puts his fingers in his mouth and jerked something out of it. He pulled his own tooth out. He threw it on the ground and leans into the mirror. He suddenly notice that his necklace was gone, along with the key.

"No, no, no, no! The key! Where is it?" Mr. Changeling started to search around him and the kitchen making sure he didn't dropped it during his fight. He then realizes something about him having the dream. "Wait a minute. That dream I had with the angel. That was no angel, it was... It was that spikey green hair kid!"

He quickly rushes to his phone on the recliner and dialed Chrysalis's number. He waited till she answered, finally she did.

"Yeah, hey boss, listen, you're not gonna like this," Changeling said to her on the phone as he started to pace around the room. "You know the key?... The key to the safe deposit box! I lost it!... It was that spikey green hair kid!... I don't know, he probably stolen it while I was sleeping... I know, I'm stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

Back at CYS University, Spike and Comet was still trying every deposit box they could unlock. So far they were getting tired and sleepy. Spike was resting his head against the wall trying the locks moaning the words Nope and Comet was trying to stay awake keeping track of what box they were at.

"...Four-hundred and eighty-six," Comet moan as he was holding himself up on his knees.

"...Nope," Spike moaned as he drops his arm down to the floor.

"...Four-hundred and eighty-seven," Comet yawns.

He saw Spike lifted his arm back up and slowly fitting the key into the box. No luck.

"Nope," Spike dropped his arm down again.

"Four-hundred and..." Comet slowly fell asleep. He woke himself up from snoring and resume on counting. "And eighty-eight!"

Spike lifted his arm one last time fitting the key into the box.

CLICK!

With that wonderful sound they heard, they immediately got their energy back. Spike then slowly opens the deposit box and was ready to see what was inside. When he opens half way, he could already tell that there was nothing in it. Only his reflection was shown.

"Empty?" Comet cried out.

"Where's the document?" Spike pulls the box out of the wall and looks around making sure they didn't miss anything.

"Looking for something, boys?" suddenly Chrysalis surprised the boys.

They saw Chrysalis and her security guards standing behind them with the secret passage open.

"You! You lied to us!" Spike cried out. "You were keeping the document away from Equestria!"

"Yes, and it's going so well," Chrysalis said as she flips a switch. The lights came on showing the room filled with history about the apple incident and her relative on the wall. Soon, Chrysalis grew furious with the two. "Do you know who you are going up against? I am related to Von Salis! Leader of the British army! Ever since that ridiculous apple incident, we lost control of that town and they took place of that ridiculous pathetic town of yours, but tearing down and putting up my name on its place will revenge of the sweetest kind, who ever lives or work in town will have to move out."

"But how did you get the document?" Spike asked. "How did you get ahold of it?"

"Quite simple, really," Chrysalis said walking up to them. "I searched for it online and wouldn't you know it, there it was. It was old and dusty, I knew it was signed back in the 1800's after the apple incident. Wasn't hard, I bought it from them. Apparently Equestria never heard of a document, until now that is."

"So, how did you knew we would come after the document?" Comet asked.

"Are you that stupid?" Chrysalis yelled at his face.

"Why do you have to bring all your anger on me?" Comet asked backing off.

"You should know better," Chrysalis continued. "I have cameras all over the place, recording every move you take day and night!"

Sure enough, she pointed to the top corner of the ceiling showing them a small camera hanging there.

"Okay, so where's the document?" Spike asked.

"If you're looking for that dusty old paper and thinking about showing it to the mayor, think again, because your plan is about to go up in smoke," Chrysalis pulled the document out of her shirt.

It shows the information about the apple incident and Night Light's Grandfather's name on it. She took a lighter out of her pocket and lit it. She sets the lighter under the paper setting it on fire. The document slowly burning to ashes as the two watches their only proof burn till it dissolves. Chrysalis puts the lighter away and walks to her security guards.

"Make sure you take care of them," Chrysalis said to them. "Watch over them, make sure they don't go anywhere."

She left leaving the guards handling the boys. Spike and Comet backed up against the wall. Spike looks at his hand and notice he was still holding the box. He looks at one of the guards thinking of a plan. He threw the box at the guard's face knocking him down. Comet quickly kicks the other guard's crotch making him fall to his knees. Spike and Comet high five each other and took off running out of Chrysalis's office. Chrysalis saw the boys running pass her and groans.

"Do I have to do everything myself?" Chrysalis asked herself as she took out her phone and pushed a certain button on it.

With just a click of a button, alarms went off around the university. Security guards came out of their break rooms and scattered the place. Spike and Comet was still running for their lives when two guards came around the corner surprising them. They quickly turned back and headed down another hallway running from the guards.

"Spike, here's the plan!" Comet said to Spike as they kept running. "I'll lose the guards outside on the field, you go hide somewhere and see if you can find a way out, call me on the walkie. GO!"

Comet and Spike split up into different hallways. Spike quickly took a sharp turn and headed to the nearest door. He went through the door closing it behind, just in time getting away. He ended up in a parking lot still inside the university. He went over to a wall and plotted back against it. He slid down breathing heavily. He was thinking about the document Chrysalis burned. Spike took of his utility belt and threw it across the parking lot getting his anger out. He rested and was about to give up.

RIIIIING!

Spike jumps and notice a phone on the wall above him. He stood up and answered it without hesitating. He should've thought this through he thought. It could've been one of the guards or Chrysalis or anyone working here.

"Hello?" Spike answered.

"Spike, what happen?" Mare Do Well asked.

"Man, where are you?" Spike asked this time demanding.

"Where's the document?" Mare Do Well asked ignoring Spike's demanded.

"Chrysalis had it, and burned it," Spike explained.

"Chrysalis burned it?" Do Well asked.

"Yeah, right in front of us, she said we never had a chance. She's going to win, Mare Dow Well!"

"Don't give up, Spike!"

"Why not, it's over now."

"There must be another way, are there any other copies?"

"No, she wouldn't make another cop-" Spike stops himself and realized what Chrysalis said to them. "Wait a minute, she said there were video cameras all over the place."

"Video cameras?" Do Well asked.

"Yeah, the video cameras records everything in Chrysalis's university all the time, she said so herself."

"Then maybe the videotape recorded the document when Chrysalis burned it!" Do Well cried out. "Spike, if you can find where the video security room, then maybe you can find the recording of the tape."

"Yeah! And then I can steal the tape and show it to the mayor and the police, and then the document will still be good to them! We can still win, Mare Do Well! We can save the town and neighborhood!"

Spike hung up the phone and went over to grab his utility belt. He ran back inside and saw the guards were still searching for them. Spike was taking his time searching the place when he saw the security monitor room. It said so on the door. Spike went over to the door and opens it just a crack. He peeks inside making sure no security guards were in their. He steps inside and closes the door behind him locking it.

He saw videos all over the walls recoding everything that's happening right now. He then notice another security camera inside the room scanning the place. Spike quickly ducks down behind a desk just in time avoiding it. Spike took out a piece of gum out of his pocket and started chewing on it. When he was done, he spit it out on his hand and quickly threw it at the camera. A lucky shot.

"I thought that only works in the movie?" Spike said to himself.

He resumes looking at the videos screens searching for the room where the document was at. He spotted the room showing the inside with the secret passage opened. He looks down on the desk and saw the recording options. He looks back at the screen seeing #76 above it. He pushes the number in and rewind to the part where Chrysalis burned the document. He stops and saw her doing so. He quickly stops the video and get a close up. He blurred out the screen making the vision clearer. Finally he saw the document clear as day and Chrysalis burning it. He played the video again recording it. Spike has another proof to show to the mayor. He checks his watch while he waited till the tape was done recording.

45 minutes
Until
Construction Begins

In Chrysalis's office, Chrysalis entered her office and sat in her desk. She was furious of what was happening. She didn't heard anything yet from her guards. She swipes her desk showing videos all over the place. She notice one video was black. She double taps the screen making another security camera appear in the room Spike was at. She notice him fiddling with her videos. She zooms in on Spike seeing him grabbing the tape and took off running.

"What would he be doing in the monitor room?" Chrysalis asked herself when she finally realizes.

She looks back at the secret room noticing the camera was in there. She quickly swipes her screen on the desk showing a hand print. She scans her hands and pops up a map. It shows spike on the screen with a green dot running across the hallway. She grabs a microphone and speaks into it.

"The boy in running in the halls! Stop him!" she cried out.

Her voice echoed all over the building. Spike heard her voice in the intercom. Spike quickly entered the field but was no use.

"He's outside on the field, stop him!" Chrysalis said into the microphone. "You can run, boy! But I can see every move you take! I have power! I have the technology! I am God in the university! I-"

Suddenly her screen was glitching out. The screen made screeching sounds, Chrysalis tried to control it didn't do the trick. Soon the security cameras was out of control swinging around. The alarms went off and on.

"What's happening out there?" Chrysalis asked.

Outside of the university, Comet was using the satellite dish causing trouble. He was messing with Chrysalis's technology on the small box.

"You may have the power, but we have the tools," Comet said chuckling.

Spike ignores what was happening and headed into the building. He went upstairs going into a room. It was the control rooms. He looks outside a small window seeing his town and the city. He also notices that he was almost right over the wall outside of the university. He took out his walkie and talked into it.

"Comet! Comet! I got it!" Spike said to him

"You got it? I thought Chrysalis burned it," Comet said.

"She did, but I got the whole thing on tape. Now we can show it to the police nd the mayor."

"Spike, I'm mood by your greatness, but you got to get out of there."

"I'll wait when the guards are gone."

"Okay, I'll wait outside of the university while I get us a cab."

"Great, we only have twenty-eight minutes until the bulldozers come in," Spike checked his watch. "We can do it, Comet."

Spike puts his walkie away and headed to the door.

RIIIIING!

Spike stops to see the phone on the wall, he knew it was Mare Do Well. He picks up the phone when Do Well answered first.

"Don't go outside just yet, the building is swarming with guards," Do Well said.

"Wait, how did you know I was here?" Spike asked. "Where are you?"

"Don't worry about that, right now you need to get out of the university or all is lost" Do Well said.

Spike was still listening to him when he couldn't take it anymore. He searches the place and notice a dark human figure standing outside talking on the phone through a glass door. It was Mare Do Well.

"Uh, Mare Do Well, tell me how I can escape," Spike said as he slowly puts down the phone and walks towards him.

Mare Do Well told him how to escape without noticing. Spike slowly approaches to the door and saw a tall man wearing a dark violet hat and coat with black bandages around his head and face. He wore goggle covering his eyes. Spike burst the door open startling Do Well.

"Mare Do Well!" Spike shouted at him.

Lightning struck showing a bright flash as it started to rain. Spike took a good look at him. Do Well dropped his phone and on his other hand was a voice changer box.

"Don't take another step closer! Pay no attention to the man with the voice box!" Do Well demanded still taking into the voice box as he steps back.

"Who are you?" Spike demanded as he approaches to him.

"No one particular!" Do Well cried out.

"No more games, Do Well!" Spike shouted. "I'm not doing anything until you tell me who you are!"

Spike grabs his mask and started tugging it. Do Well fought back trying to let Spike go of him. Spike finally rips the bandages off making him stumble back. His hat went flying into the storm. Spike gasps seeing who it was.

"RAINBOW DASH!" Spike cried out. Rainbow Dash sat there awkwardly, taking a moment for him to think this through. "You? You're Mare Do Well?"

"Looks that way, doesn't it," Rainbow Dash spoke into the voice sounding exactly like Mare Do Well.

"I don't get it?" Spike said still in shock. "How come- How come you knew all about the document? How come you were keeping this as a secret identity?"

"No reason," Rainbow Dash quickly answered standing back up.

"But, Rainbow Dash, you just risk everything to help me save the town," Spike continued.

"What's your point?" Dash asked.

"That's the most amazing thing that anyone could ever done for me and Comet," Spike said. "But I thought you were on your dad's side. I thought you were getting rich through out the whole deal."

"Money isn't that important."

"Then why you do it?" Spike caught Dash's attention making her jump.

"I-I-It's my duty to look after a friend," she stuttered.

"Rainbow Dash," Spike crosses his arms looking for a real answer.

"C-C-Cause I like a good mystery?"

"Oh, come on!" Spike cried out. "I want the real reason!"

"I don't know! Maybe I show pity on you and your friend!"

"Well, why?"

"Because well- Because- Maybe I wanted to help you out because I-I-I, like you a little," Dash answered. "Maybe I kinda, like you alot."

"You... did this for me?" Spike asked.

"That's right!" Dash cried out. "What else would I do when your love is in trouble?"

Spike eyes widen when he heard what she said.

"...Love?" Spike softly said.

"You heard me, Spike!" Rainbow Dash got up to his face. "I love you! LOVE you!"

Spike fell back and crawled back away from her as she continued on.

"Who else would hit a home run from me and played soccer against me when the other teams are afraid to," Dash continued as she walks towards him. "I never met anyone who likes it challenging and breaks into schools and standing up to Garble for the first time ever. Ever since I laid my eyes on you I just knew that you would change my life, make my life exciting, and-and-Just kiss me!"

Rainbow Dash grabs Spike and pulls him towards her planting a kiss on the lips. Spike turned fully bright red and Dash held him off the ground kissing him. Spike eyes was wide and his pupils shrink in pure shock. As she let go of Spike and stopped kissing, Spike froze for a moment staring at Dash. It was very awkward for him and Rainbow Dash.

"...I'm confused?" Spike said calming down. "Did you say you... love me?"

"What, are you deaf?!" Dash shooks him.

"Spike? Spike, you there?" Comet said into the walkie.

Spike was about to answer him back when Dash took the walkie from him.

"Not now!" she shouted into it.

"Not now? Who the-"

Dash threw the walkie away cutting him off. She dropped drops down to her knees level to Spike's size.

"Oh, Spike, just hold me," Rainbow Dash was about to embrace another kiss from him when Spike dodges her.

"I-I-I-I need to think!" Spike stuttered trying to find a way to snap her out of it.

"Then I guess we should together then," Dash walks on her knees towards Spike trying to kiss him again, but Spike dodges once again.

"Dash, this is happening too fast," Spike said to her. "I... I need to lie down."

"Then lie down on in my arms."

"NO! I mean, we don't have time for," Spike checking his watch. "We got less than twenty minutes before the bulldozers destroy the town."

"Bulldozer?" Dash said still losing it.

"The town. We have to save the town!" Spike took out his grappling. "Let's roll."

Chrysalis finally got the glitch off of her screen and began searching for Spike. He saw him and a blue dot next to him. She zooms in checking the security camera. She saw him and Rainbow Dash climbing down outside the wall. As they reached to solid ground they took off running getting away.

Spike and Dash ran towards a bus driving by. The doors open and Spike saw Comet and Cranky Doodle on board.

"Oh, no," Spike moan seeing Cranky Doodle.

"I couldn't find a cab, come on!" Comet said. He saw Rainbow Dash coming in the bus. "Rainbow Dash? What is she doing here?"

"No time to explain, Comet," Spike said. "We got exactly sixteen minutes to head back to town and stop the bulldozers."

"Behind the yellow line," Cranky Doodle demanded.

Chrysalis saw them escape in the bus. She punches her desk cracking her screen. She cried out and dashes out of her office. She took her phone out calling Mr. Changeling.

"Changeling! The kid with spikey hair and his pals are heading up town with the document in their hands," Chrysalis said. "Their on bus number thirteen, stop them!"

In town, Mr. Changeling was outside with bulldozers ready to roll with his helmet on. He was covered with band-aids from fighting Mr. Dash and still has a black eye. And a bandage around his wounded hand where Mr. Dash stabs him. You could also see his missing tooth.

"Don't worry boss, I'll take care of it," Mr. Changeling said to her. He hung up and called in air force. "Alright, listening up. There's a bus heading this way, your mission is to stop it."

Three helicopters flew over his head, heading towards where the bus is.

15 minutes
Until
Constructions Begins

As for the bus, they haven't made in the city yet. Cranky was driving slower than ever.

"Cranky Doodle, couldn't you drive just a little faster?" Comet asked.

"I drive twenty-five miles per hour, no exceptions, no discussion," Cranky said.

"But people lives are at stake," Spike said.

"Not my problem," Cranky said.

"Look, Cranky Doodle, we're in a hurry to show the mayor a document so we can save the town," Comet said. "And we only got fourteen minutes."

"We'll get there when we get there," Cranky said. "Which according to my schedule, we'll get there in forty-five minutes."

"But that'll be too late!" Spike cried out.

"We HAVE to get there in fourteen minutes!" Comet cried out.

"Then I guess you have to spread out your wings and fly," Cranky continued ignoring them.

"Don't you want to save the folks in town?" Spike said.

"Not my problem, Spike."

"Don't you care that everyone who lives in town will have to move out," Spike said to him finally getting his attention.

"Everyone? Including me and Matilda?" Cranky asked.

"Yes! Chrysalis and her company will find anyone who works or lives there, rather your home is out of town or not!"

Cranky Doodle went back focusing on the road. He was thinking the time when he met his wife in town. When he did he tucked his hat.

"Hang on to something, kids," Cranky said switching the sign outside the bus to EXPRESS. "We got a town to save!"

He put his foot down on the gas pedal with force sending the three heroes flying to the back of the bus. They didn't mind, they were happy Cranky Doodle was back to himself again. As for Chrysalis, she got in her nice black car and drove off chasing after them. The helicopters caught up to her and followed the bus. Back on the bus, they were hanging on tight. The bus was already going over fifty miles per hour.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Comet asked Cranky.

"Yeah, get down on your knees and pray that this hunk of junk can hold till we get to town in one piece!" Cranky said focusing on the road. They enter the city and was on their way to town.

10 minutes
Until
Construction Begins

In town, Night Light and the others were sneaking where the bulldozers was at. They went behind trash can carrying a plunger wired to the bombs below the streets.

"Hey, where's Spike?" Shining Armor asked.

Back on the bus, Cranky Doodle was driving towards the draw bridge when he saw the helicopters flying above it.

"In position, sir," one of the flyers said to Mr. Changeling.

"Do it!" he said into his headphone.

The draw bridge rises up. One of the workers who is working with Chrysalis made the bridge split apart. Cranky Doodle saw what happen but kept on going. He clenches his teeth and floor it.

"Dear, God almighty," Comet began to pray.

"I didn't knew you were religious," Spike said to him.

"Neither did I," Comet said.

Cranky Doodle drove up the bridge and made a huge jump making it across the other side. They landed making the bus bump back down. Spike and the others flew off the floor as Cranky Doodle head jerk on the wheel knocking him out.

"Cranky Doodle!" Spike cried out shaking him.

Spike quickly took the wheel controlling the bus. Behind them, Chrysalis stops and saw the bridge was up. She tried another road to follow them. In the bus, it was out of control. Spike didn't knew what he was doing, he never drove before. Comet got down to the gas pedal and press it down so the bus would still go on.

"Rainbow Dash, take the wheel!" Spike cried out.

"I don't know how to drive a stick-shift!" Dash said to him.

"I don't know how to drive," Spike said and remembered Comet playing a game in the arcade the other day. "Comet, you have to drive."

"I'm sorry, but I thought you said you wanted me to drive," Comet said being a smart mouth as he kept pushing down the pedal.

"Comet, no time to argue!" Spike means business trying to straighten the bus. "You're the only who has the high score on Get Away Bus back in the arcade."

"That's because it's a game, Spike! This is real life!"

"You can do it, Comet! I know you can!"

"There you go again, thinking that there's a miracle just around the corner!" Comet said as he began to mock him. "WE can save the town! WE can find the document! WE can make it in time! Now you're telling me you want me to drive the bus?"

"Somebody has to," Spike smiled acting innocent. He saw Comet moan, meaning he'll do it.

"I don't know how you get me into situations like this," Comet got back up and sat on Cranky's lap taking the wheel. "Get on the floor! You two, Rainbow Dash."

"What? Why?" Dash asked.

"Because I'm driving!" Comet explain. "I'm nine years old, and I can't reach the pedals, so do it!

Spike and Dash got down to the floor working on the pedals.

"Spike, you control the gas and clutch! Rainbow Dash, you on the brakes!" Comet demanded. "And if one of you two have a chance, try and wake Cranky Doodle up!"

Comet was driving left to right. He accidentally drove into the wrong lane. Cars was driving straight at him. Comet dodges the cars left to right. He got a couple of scratches by hitting the cars. He notice the meter behind the wheel was pointing to hot. Smoke was coming out of the engine outside the bus. Comet saw a pedestrian on the road walking across.

"Brakes!" Comet cried out.

Dash pressed the pedal down. Comet turn the bus away to the pedestrian just in time dodging him. Comet got his focus back and continued driving straight back into the right lane.

"Clutch! Clutch!" Comet cried out.

Dash pushes the clutch while Comet jerked the stick into third gear. The bus roars as it went to full blast. They went up to a highway bridge heading to their town. Comet saw Chrysalis just below them with the helicopters following them.

"You take the high road and I'll take the low road," Chrysalis sang in the car seeing the bus above her as she laughed.

Back in town, Night Light was spying on the workers and saw Mr. Changeling on the phone. He could hear what he was saying.

"Are the bombs set on the highway?" he asked one of his men.

"Yes, sir," one of them responded.

"What would they be needed bombs for?" Night Light said.

Back at the chase, Chrysalis got her phone out calling Mr. Changeling.

"Are the overpass wired?" Chrysalis asked him.

"Yes," he answered.

"Blow it!" Chrysalis demanded

"Just so we're straight, boss, this is pretty serious."

"Serious?"

"Yeah, meaning sudden death for the kids."

"I'll tell you what's serious!" Chrysalis shouted on the phone. "If you kill that spikey green hair kid or don't blow up the overpass, you're through! Meaning I'll fire you!"

She hung up and continued driving. In the bus, Spike and the others saw the town up ahead. But there was a sharp turn on the overpass. It lead to the town.

"Rainbow Dash!" Comet cried out. "When I tell you to push the breaks, I want you to-"

BOOM!

Suddenly the overpass blew up making a huge gap making the city, the town, and Apple Acres wake up. In town everybody went outside and saw smoke from the city. Comet and the others gasps seeing they were about to make the jump.

"Rainbow Dash! Hit the bra-"

It was too late. They flew off the highway heading straight down to another road leading towards town. As they landed, two front tires popped off the wheels. It wheels grinds the ground creating sparks as they continued to drove to town.

Meanwhile in town, the count down was over with.

00:00:03
Tick!
00:00:02
Tick!
00:00:01
Tick!
00:00:00
BEEP!

"Alright, boys, tear it down!" Mr. Changeling cried out as he blew a whistle.

The workers cheered as they started the bulldozers. The machines roared making everyone scared. Night Light and the others were about to blow up the bombs as they watch the bulldozers come closer to their trap.

"I knew I shouldn't ate apple chilly for breakfast," Night Light said feeling his stomach rumbling.

"Easy, Mr. Night Light," Big Mac said to him. "Don't blow it just yet."

"Alright, men!" Night Light said to them. "As soon as I pull down this plunger, we'll commence operation: Stop the Bulldozers."

"What's going on here?" Mr. Dash came up to them making them gasp.

He was covered with bruises and a clothe around his wounded shoulder. His face was scratch from the beer bottle Mr. Changeling hit him with. Mr. Dash wore his nemesis' clothes, it was a bit small for him but manage to fit it in his size.

"2 80-60X plunger high gauge wire and a C-48, I know what you're up to," Mr. Dash leaned in towards them. "You're planning on blowing up the streets enough to stop the bulldozers and save the town, You could do some serious jail time for that!"

"Well- I- Uh- We- Heh," Night Light stuttered trying to find the right words for him.

"...You need any help?" Mr. Dash asked smiling.

During the chase, Spike saw the town just up ahead of them. They were excited to see their home again.

"We're gonna make it! We're gonna make it!" Dash cried out for joy.

"Not if we make that turn ahead of us!" Spike cried out seeing another sharp turn.

"Hit the brakes!" Comet cried out.

Rainbow Dash got down to the brakes and pushes it. They didn't stop.

"I said brakes!" Comet shouted at her.

"It won't stop!" she answered.

"I think when we took that jump, the brakes busted!" Spike answered.

"Perfect!" Comet cried out as he took the turn anyway.

Comet jerked the wheel making the turn too sharp. They finally entered town but ram into buildings on the side of the bus creating sparks. Windows started to crack and bust as they kept hugging the buildings. Spike and Rainbow Dash held onto the rail above the ceiling as Comet kept jerking the wheel clenching his teeth. As they made it back on the road, they headed straight to town square.

"Yeah! Alright, Comet!" Spike cheered giving him a pat on the back.

"Look!" Dash cried out.

She points to the bulldozers ahead of them. They were heading straight for them.

"Now what?" Comet cried out.

"Granny Smith!" Spike cried out.

"What about Granny Smith?" Comet asked. "She's in jail!"

"She WAS in jail," Spike points to a bulldozer.

Inside the bulldozer was Granny Smith. She rams the other bulldozers making them lose control. She then went behind another using the lifter flipping the bulldozer. She got out of the bulldozer and hollower at Spike.

"Save the town! Save the neighborhood!" she cried out too him as they drove pass her.

"Alright, Granny Smith!" Spike cheered.

"You do realize she's going back to jail," Dash said to him.

"I know," Spike sadly said.

Mr. Changeling could see the bus coming at them. He thew his helmet down with rage. He rushes to one of the workers who was a bomb expert and demanded a stack of dynamite.

"Dynamite! Where is it!" he grabs his collar shirt and shook him.

He handed him three dynamites and took them out of his hands. He grabs a duck-tape and wraps the dynamites around. He took out a lighter and light the fuse. Spike and the others saw Mr. Changeling walking down the streets towards them with the dynamites in his hand.

"THE HELL WITH MY JOB!" Mr. Changeling cried out and threw it at them.

The three heroes screams as the dynamites headed at them. Suddenly, Cranky Doodle got his conscious back and leans over Comet jerking the wheel just in time to dodge it. But the dynamites blew up on the side bus with great force enough for the bus to tip over. windows shattered in pieces as the bus slides down on the side walk knocking down lampposts and anything in its way. Mr. Changeling dodges the bus as it headed towards a building. The bus rams into the building enough for it to fit inside.

Everyone in town rushes over to the crash and saw the bus inside the building. Night Light and his friends came out behind the trash cans, Mrs. Cake came out of her shop with her two children in her arms, Twilight and her friends came by, Pipsqueak and the Crusaders rushes over, Celestia and Luna in their robes, and Mayor Mare and news crew arrived driving in their cars.

There was pure silence in the town. Not a single sound was made. The bus finally broke down. The wheels without tires kept rolling slowly. The lights on the front flickered off. The bus was a mess it started to smoke. Smoke as in badly damage, not as in an explosion type of way. Suddenly the back door of the bus started to burst. People jumped. The door continued to bump as it finally opens.

Spike crawls out of the bus. His suit was torn up, his hair was a mess, and has dirt on him everywhere. As he crawl for ten-inches away from the bus, he turn around laying on his back breathing heavily. He grabs something in his shirt and pulled out the tape holding it high up so everyone could see.

"I got it! I got the tape!" Spike shouted.

"Alright, Spike! That's my boy!" Night Light cried out. "...What tape?"

"The tape that proofs that this town and neighborhood is a national landmark and can never be torn down," Spike said as he stood up. "All I need is a VCR and I can show you what I'm talking about."

"Spike, I hate to burst your bubble and all," Comet said.

Him and Rainbow Dash came out out the bus. Comet has a broken leg, Dash was helping him walk across to him. they were a mess like Spike was.

"But where are we going to find a VCR?" he continued.

"Yeah, I mean, who has VCR's these days?" Dash said.

Spike stood frozen and looks back at the crowd. His smile faded.

"Shit! I didn't thought that through," Spike said.

"I got your back, Spike!" a woman's voice called out.

Spike saw Daring Do standing beside the large TV. She uses her whip to climb down the building with a VCR in her hand.

"Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!" Dash jumped with excitement squealing. "It's Daring Do!"

Daring Do held the VCR in front of Spike wired to the big TV. Spike puts the tape in the VCR and played the video. It showed Chrysalis burning the document right in front of the people, the workers, Celestia and Luna, and especially the Mayor Mare.

"Oh, my word!" Mayor Mare said frustrated. "I've seen enough."

The news crew set up their equipment and filmed Mayor Mare.

"As your Mayor," Mayor Mare said in the camera. "I reclaim that this town and neighborhood is a national landmark, never to be torn down."

The people cheered as they celebrated. Spike, Comet and Rainbow Dash was held up by the crowd cheering for them. Soon the cheering stop when Chrysalis came.

"It's after seven o'clock!" Chrysalis cried out to her workers, getting out of her car. "What are you idiots waiting for? Knock it down!"

One of the workers points to the TV showing herself burning the document. Chrysalis gasps and saw a group of crowd surrounding her.

"There she is!" Night Light cried out. "Get her!"

Chrysalis quickly got in her car seeing a mob rocking her car back and forth. She started her car making everyone move back. Before she took off, she saw Comet and Rainbow Dash leaning against her front car. She grins and step on the gas pedal. Comet and Dash smiled to each other still in front of her. Chrysalis forced the pedal all the way down to the floor when she saw Granny Smith. She has a wrench in her hand and sitting on tires. Chrysalis looks out her window and saw her wheels was missing and concrete blocks was underneath the car.

"Nobody can replace tires like Granny Smith can," Applejack said.

Later, Flash and Shining Armor took Chrysalis inside the police car arresting her.

"I would've gotten away with!" Chrysalis cried out. "It if it wasn't for that spikey green hair kid, that little brat he keeps hanging out with, and the girl who has the weirdest color hair I've seen!"

"Tell it to the judge!" Rainbow Dash cried out.

The car drove off taking Chrysalis to jail. The crowd cheered seeing her getting arrested.

"Yeah! And tell it to your cell mate in jail!" Mr. Dash cried out as he gave his daughter a big hug. He then saw Mr. Changeling running to his cars. "Excuse, pumpkin."

Mr. Dash dashes towards Mr. Changeling. He saw Mr Dash running at him. He quickly look for his car keys but was too late. Mr. Dash rams him against the car sliding down to the ground.

"Where you going, you little shit!" Mr. Dash said.

"Hey, Mr. Dash," Mr. Changeling spoke. "Look, I'll make it up to you: I'll buy you breakfast, we can talk, we can-"

Mr. Changeling screams as Mr. Dash threw a punch knocking him out.

"Man, what a day," Pipsqueak spoke. "Fists fight, car chasing, and injury."

"Don't forget the overpass blowing up!" Scootaloo added.

"I don't see why you two are enjoying this at this time of day," Rarity said rubbing her eyes, she was still sleepy She was in her robe with slippers on. "It's seven thirty in the morning, I want to go back to bed."

She leans back about to sit on the plunger. Night Light gasps seeing her sit on it.

"NO, WAIT!" Night Light cried out.

It was too late though. The plunger triggered the bomb exploding the building the huge TV was resting. It crumble down to smithereens. The TV busted making a short glitch on it.

"Change is good- Change is go- Change is- Change is- Ch-Cha-Ch-Chan-Cha-C-C-C-C-C-C..." the TV finally shut off broken.

Night Light's friends look at him giving him a dirty look.

"What do you know," Night Light said. "I thought we set the explosives more down the middle of the street... You didn't see nothing! Scatter!"

Night Light took off running. His friends followed him running as far away from the accident. As for Cranky Doodle, he came out of the bus and rubs his head.

"Where are we," he asked. He gasps seeing the town still standing. "We made it!"

"Cranky?" a woman's voice said his name.

Cranky turns to see that it was Matilda in her a white shirt with a brown blouse.

"Matilda?" he said to her.

"Cranky!" Matilda ran up to him giving him a hug. "You save the town and I'm sorry that I kicked you out of the house."

"I don't care!" Cranky cried out. "As long as we're together again, our love can never tear apart."

"Oh, Cranky," Matilda said as the two kissed each other.

Spike and Rainbow Dash watches them, seeing how happy they are. They both quickly remembered that they kissed each other too.

"Heh, Crazy day, huh?" Spike said scooting back.

"Yeah, heh heh, it has been a crazy day," Dash said rubbing the back of her head.

"About what happen at the university," Spike blushed. "You were just, uh, trying to stop me from asking questions, right?"

"Yeah, right," Dash agreed with him.

"I kinda put a lot of pressure into you, haven't I?"

"Right!"

"So, when you kissed me, you panicked."

"Yeah, I mean, it's been a long day and all," Dash said blushing, she looked away from him thinking of some way to put it as an accident. "I tried to tell you that I'm sorry, but you kept asking me these questions. So I had no choice and it just slipped out."

"I understand," Spike said. "So, we're still friends then?"

"Yeah, of course we are," Dash laughed. "I mean, how can an older girl fall in love with a younger guy?"

"Right."

"Well, see ya, Spike."

"Bye, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash waves goodbye to Spike and walks off. When she turn to the corner of the building, s made sure Spike wasn't seen. She softly cheered and jump with glee. She knew Spike would bought it. She was still in love with Spike without him noticing. Spike caught up with Comet who was sitting in the chair massaging his leg.

"Still broken?" Spike asked.

"Doctor said it'll heal by tomorrow," Comet answered. "Nothing serious."

"That's good," Spike said yawning.

"I think you need rest buddy."

"Yeah, I'll just..." Spike sat down sitting up against a wall resting his eyes. "...I'll just...zzzzzz."

Spike went to sleep passing out. Twilight walks up to him and picks him up without waking him up.

"I'll take him home, making sure he gets his rest," Twilight said.

"He did earned it," Comet said to her.

"He sure did, Comet, you too," Twilight said as she leans and peck a kiss on his cheek.

She walks off with Spike while Comet sat there blushing.

"Nice," was all he could say. "I did earn that, but now I earn a nice rest too."

Comet shuts his eyes sleeping. Suddenly random music started to play waking Comet up. He saw Pinkie with the CD player dancing and singing. He limps his towards her.

"We saved our neighborhood! They did not tear it down!" Pinkie sang and dance. "They could not turn our smile into a fro-"

Comet stops the CD player getting Pinkie's attention.

"Pinkie, the story's over now," Comet said to her.

What a fun exciting story that was. Spike got his first kiss by Twilight's friend, a great chase for him and his friend Comet, what adventures will Spike and his friends will have next?

Comments ( 7 )

Splendid job. I cannot wait to see what new awesome adventures await the group next time

Nice. Can't wait to see what comes next. :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Now that was an ending. Reminds me why I liked the movie in the first place. It was a nice moment between RD and Spike. I hope that comes up later in the future. Spike, Comet, and RD will probably be local heros and legends for a long time to come. I wonder if that will come to play later.

Granny... you're going to jail AND you steal tires? What are you, black?

(As a black man, I can make those jokes. You cannot. Ha.)

But cool story, and SpikeDash? I was reading About Last Night, a story where Spike sleeps with Rainbows Dash, and (SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER)so yeah, coincidence? Completely

Wow, great ending. I know exactly where all this reminds me of and I have to say, this is really good.:twilightsmile:

For some reason I was hoping for a slight change in the end between Dash and Spike, but I'm actually glad it's this way... adding of course the next story I will be reading:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment