• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 965 Views, 63 Comments

A Changeling's Riposte - xXSheltieXx



Night Storm is a quiet and mysterious pony, who dislikes speaking about her past and even her current situations. What happens when she finds some pony she can actually trust?

  • ...
4
 63
 965

Six

To Love Beauty is To See Light

Night Storm tied a blue apron around her waist with a smile. The cobalt Pegasus mare turned on the oven, placing a pan on it. She began to hum quietly with a love-dazed smile, absolutely struck with pure love. She cooked a grilled cheese sandwich, poured a glass of orange juice, made some strips of bacon, vegan of course, and put a chocolate cookie next to the plate.

Once it was done, she cleaned the kitchen up quickly, and by the time she was done, the food was still warm. With a happy and goofy smile, she trotted to the bedroom, the plates on a platter balanced on her hand. Night Storm gently woke the sleeping stallion, setting the platter on his lap.

"Huh?" Sword said, sitting up a little with a smile. "You made me breakfast?"

Night nodded with a smile, totally and completely blinded by love. She smiled, twirling her finger in her mane idly. "I'm happy to just be here with you."

He ate the food with a happy grin; Storm had stayed the night happily as he offered, and they slept in the same bed again. Both were happy and willing, in fact, more than willing. Night Storm and Sword Right had only known each other for about four months, but both were seriously committed to this relationship.

However, something was buzzing at the back of Night's head. She was thinking hard with a blush on her face as she bit her thumb. Sword Right noticed and stopped eating, looking at her.

"What's wrong? It's delicious." Sword asked, a slight frown.

"That's good to hear, but it's not that. Don't worry about... it?" Night ended up asking as Sword put his forehead on hers before eating again.

"No fever, but your face is warm. Do you feel alright?" Sword asked, genuinely concerned as he ate a bit.

"I just..." Suddenly, she leaned into his face with a big blush and a slight frown. "I really like you and I think we should be together forever and we should live together!"

"Wh-What?" He chuckled a little, raising a brow.

"N-Nothing...." Storm said, standing back a little, her face completely red.

Sword Right sat up and hugged her with a smile. "Why do you want to live with me? Me of all ponies?"

"Well, because I love you and I want to make you breakfast every single day! I want to be with you everyday and I never ever ever want to leave your side ever. I know it's sudden and all that, but I love you! With all my heart!" Night Storm was leaning against him now, tears staining her eyes along with a slight frown, yet filled with confidence.

Sword Right blushed as she leaned on him, smiling and hugging her close. "I love you too, Night Storm. I love you with all my heart." He kissed her cheek and hugged her again. "I've wanted that too, but I didn't want you to be scared or pressured because I love you so much."

Night Storm smiled, kissing his cheek, but turning serious with a deadpan. "How much do you love me?"

"So much I can't sleep at night." Sword Right was just as serious.

"If I give you my heart, will you hold it with grace?"

"Of course."

"Do you promise to love me until the end of time?"

"I promise so hard." Sword spoke, replying to her. "How much do you love me?"

"I love you so much it hurts to be away from you." They were both deadly serious; so serious, some pony would think they were fighting if it weren't for their words.

"If I give you my heart, will you never abuse it?"

"I swear to Celestia."

"Do you promise to love me until I die?"

"I've loved you since before Celestia was born and I'll love you until the sun destroys everything." They smiled and laughed, hugging the other, happy with their common humor. Night Storm smiled, beginning to speak again. "Does this mean we're living together?"

"If you truly want to, then yes." Sword smiled. "Which house are we living at?"

"How about this one? It's bigger and you own it. We could pay for it together."

"Sounds like a plan. Are you going to take your stuff from your apartment?"

Storm nodded with a smile. "Yep. And I'll sell what I don't need! Besides, you're the only think I really need." Storm smiled lustfully.

Sword Right blushed as she leaned on him further with a grin. "Can I finish my food before you attack me with kisses again?"

Night pouted, sitting down on the floor. "Fine. Next time you won't be so lucky." She looked at his face and frowned. "Maybe you will be lucky."

He laughed, beginning his bacon as the grilled cheese and cookie were gone. "You're so silly. But remember your promise?"

"Yes." She smiled, straightening up. "I'm not allowed to use Changeling magic on you unless you ask for it. I would never, anyway! For whatever reason, you can't be hypnotized with my magic. Oops."

"You tried to hypnotize me? And failed?" He chuckled.

"Well, I wanted to see if it would work, so I tried it out when you were listening to the radio last month. I tried, but you have... Well, it was a white field when I looked at you. It was like you have an angel or something around you. You can't be touched by Changeling magic!"

"Really? Angel, huh?" He smiled, but shook his head. "No, you're better."

"Really?" She perked.

He nodded and she jumped onto him, showering his cheek with kisses and rubbing against his face. He grinned as she hugged him, showering him with love. Maybe at heart, he was a Changeling too. Or just a very kind and handsome stallion.

To Love Beauty is To See Light

Author's Note:

[nods] Yep. They're living together, deal with it. [flies away]

~Sheltie, nya!