• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 965 Views, 63 Comments

A Changeling's Riposte - xXSheltieXx



Night Storm is a quiet and mysterious pony, who dislikes speaking about her past and even her current situations. What happens when she finds some pony she can actually trust?

  • ...
4
 63
 965

One

Looks Can Be Deceiving

A cobalt colored mare walked down the stone sidewalk of Baltimare, her hooves making an enchanting melody as they met the ground. A golden locket was suspended by a chain necklace around her neck, and her face bore a monotone expression. Night Storm, or to certain ponies, Night, slowly walked, going nowhere in particular.

She continued to walk and stopped as she saw a bistro with a young couple sitting and eating food. Night blinked her eyes slowly, the feelings of their love for each other becoming more and more vivid. And with each glance more vivid than the last, her hunger grew ever stronger in the pit of her stomach.

The pony wore a black tank top with a black skirt, white suspenders going over her plentiful bosom and around her back to her shapely rear. She wore black converse, and she showed no shame of her body whatsoever.

Night Storm looked up at the sky. It was a late Saturday night, and most ponies were at home or work, or maybe even in bed. As far as Night could tell, there were only five other ponies that would see her. She assessed the situation, looking at the high-rises and the office buildings clattered with hard working ponies, then looked back at the bistro. There were too many ponies inside to do her thing unnoticed, so she passed the bistro with a quick click clack of her shoes.

The Earth Pony trotted towards a taxi line, and paid five bits to the stallion who was driving. "Please take me to the train station." Came the soft, eloquent voice of the young mare.

The stallion was slightly enchanted as he saw her rosy eyes glint blue for a second and the light from a Unicorn's horn in a green colored fashion; though, there was no horn to be seen. He nodded slowly as his eyes lost their sheen and he began running the cart at the slowest pace he could to the train station.

Night Storm arrived in a matter of minutes, watching their reflection as they went past windowed buildings, one after the other. The hood to the back of the taxi was up and with a jolt of quick green magic, she had a horn on her head. She stepped off of the taxi and levitated another bit to him, and the spell wore off.

He scratched his head with his hand, slightly confused. "Did you always have a horn?"

Night feigned pain. "How rude."

The stallion stood tall and looked at his hooves, confused. "I apologize, miss, I must've forgotten. The imagination at night time and all."

"I accept your apology," Night replied, slowly walking to the train ticket booth. "This stallion is feeling so remorseful. How absurd." Night Storm thought.

She purchased a ticket to Canterlot, and trotted onto the train. Night Storm sat in the cushioned seat and stared at the wall as Changeling Hive members spoke to each other in clicks and chirps in her head. A Unicorn stallion sat two seats away from her, but still caught her eye. He bore a dark red mane and tail, with a brown-red coat to match. His Cutie Mark depicted a shining sword, silver in color and with a golden-yellow guard and red hilt. He wore a tan jacket with a black shirt and tan khakis with brown shoes.

For some odd reason, Night couldn't stop looking at him. She just stared and stared until their gazes met, finally. He smiled a warm and caught her eyes, holding their gaze. His bold ashy eyes gave a warm radiance as they sets of eyes met, and his mane was a short but messy look. He had stubble growing on his chin and cheeks, but not too much as one would notice it. Night Storm deduced that he couldn't be any more than twenty five; he was around twenty two or twenty three, but definitely more than twenty.

The poor Changeling couldn't take her eyes off the stallion. She forced her eyelids to slowly shut and quickly open again, making a slow blink but a hasty recovery. As she opened her eyes, the stallion was getting up and walking over to her. She blushed by couldn't help the heat rise into her cheeks.

He smiled warmly, radiating care and affection, making Night Storm feel full- almost to the point of being overstuffed. She had to use her magic to put a small barrier around herself so she wouldn't feel the extra care oozing off him. He's a very suitable mate- I mean male. Food source. Stupid! Night thought, blushing even harder.

The male simply smiled and began to speak in a deep yet kind tone. "Hello, miss. Sorry for staring, I just couldn't look away for some reason."

Night Storm nodded in reply. "Um... yeah."

The stallion shuffled his hooves as he sat down, his hands playing with each other in his lap. "My name is Sword Right."

Night Storm blushed and hid behind her mane, biting her lip. "My name is Night Storm."

Sword held his hand out to her with the same warm smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Night shook the offered hand delicately.

"L-Likewise," Storm stuttered.

"If you don't mind my asking... where are you headed?"

"C-Canterlot."

"I am as well. I came to Baltimare to meet my folks and I'm on my way back home." He grinned, but the toothy smile gave all the love and care as well as tolerance that his smile had had before.

"I was in Baltimare just to... travel. I don't have a home, really." Night Storm spoke in a monotone and even voice. "I'm more of a nomad."

"So, you're kind of scared of commitment?" Sword guessed.

Her eyes widened. "Well... I suppose so."

"It's been nice meeting you. Maybe our paths will cross again." Sword spoke, almost hoping.

"Yes, I'd like that," Night smiled.

He attempted to get up, but stopped, almost pulled down to keep talking to her. "How about we get to know each other a bit? You seem a bit shy."

"Well... what do you want to know?"

"Here, I'll tell you about myself and then you can tell me about yourself. I was born in Baltimare and moved to Trottingham and then Hoofington, and now I live in Canterlot. My special talent is building and crafting weapons for Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's guards." The stallion continued to speak and smile. "I was a shy colt and I enjoy metal more than ponies. I'm an outgoing kind of stallion, and I like to think of myself as friendly and understanding. I'm like a vault, I keep every secret. My mother once told me a secret and I've never breathed a word about it ever since she made me promise not to."

"Interesting," Storm cracked a small smile. "I was born in Prance and moved to Ponyville, and then I moved to Baltimare. I moved to Trottingham, Hoofington, Baltimare again, Manehatten, Appleoosa, Dodge Junction, Baltimare again, Rainbow Falls, Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus, Baltimare again, Prance again, Saddle Arabia, Hollow Shades, Galloping Gorge, Foal Mountain, Tall Tale, Baltimare again, Trottingham again, Maretania, I was living in Baltimare and now I'm moving to Canterlot again."

"Wow, you've been everywhere, huh?"

"I like to think of it as 'anywhere'." Storm smiled.

"Tell me more," Sword tilted his head.

"Well, I'm shy, and I prefer being alone rather than with ponies, but you're different somehow. I'm reserved and a little... self-centered and self-sufficient, one might say." Night smiled... again.

Night Storm rarely smiles.

Looks Can Be Deceiving