• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 965 Views, 63 Comments

A Changeling's Riposte - xXSheltieXx



Night Storm is a quiet and mysterious pony, who dislikes speaking about her past and even her current situations. What happens when she finds some pony she can actually trust?

  • ...
4
 63
 965

Seven

Three Things Cannot Be Long Hidden; The Sun, The Moon, And The Truth ~Buddha

It was a day like any other; Night Storm had made breakfast for Sword Right, and he'd left for work early to come home early. Night Storm stayed at home to clean the house and listen to the radio. Everything had been... normal, in a sense. But that changed when Sword Right returned home from work.

He walked in the door and dropped his bag, horrified at what he saw before him. Vases were broken and flowers scattered, tables were overturned, glasses were broken, mirrors shattered, and what stood out most of all was the blood on the carpet. No doubt in his mind this was Night Storm's very own blood in a pool on the floor. His eyes watered with angry tears; there was certainly enough blood on the floor to make Night Storm weak.

And being weak meant she was also in her Changeling Form.

With ragged, scared breaths, he turned and ran to the back door, finding a trail of blood leading to it, and eventually the blood was gone. It had all left one possibility: Night Storm was confronted by Guards and they took her to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna by force. Which meant she fought back. That was bad too.

He looked around sadly and ran out the front door, running down the street. He ran and ran and ran, straight to the castle. Even when his lungs burned for air, he continued. When his throat begged for water, he continued. When his legs screamed to stop, he continued. All in the sake of one Changeling. One pony he loved more than life itself.

He continued running through the streets, breathing raggedly. Every step he took, the castle got closer and closer. When he was so very close, he broke into a full-on gallop, barging through the doors of the castle and running to the Throne Room. He gritted his teeth as he saw Night Storm's hands and hooves chained together, wearing a white dress, her head looking at her hooves. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were scrunching their noses as if she smelled foul.

All of these things set Sword Right off. With Guards coming from behind him and to his left and right, he ran to Night Storm and picked her up bridal style, beginning to dart for the door.

"S-Sword?!" She asked, blinking the tears away.

"I won't let them take you from me!" He growled like an animal as the Guards surrounded them.

Night Storm held his face in her hands as tears streamed down her face. "They got me, Sword. I don't want to drag you down with me."

Sword held onto her even tighter, falling to his knees as tears spilled. "I said I won't let them take you from me! If I die in the process, so be it!"

Night Storm bit her lip, frowning. Her wound was patched now, her magic already working on sewing the carapace and chitin back together again, but blood still adorned her white dress below her left breast. The two hugged each other tightly, ready to receive their consequences.

But nothing ever came.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were towering over them, the Guards flocking back to their posts hurriedly. The Princesses had gentle yet stern smiles on their faces.

"So you knew she was a Changeling?" Celestia asked.

"Of course. I won't let you hurt her." Sword held her closer, pressing her against his chest. "If you take her, you have to take me too."

"A valiant effort, however it seems to be proven in vain." Luna responded. "You, Sword Right, have harbored a Changeling knowingly, which is punishable by life in prison. What say you?"

"I say take me to prison if you swear you'll let Night Storm live." Sword gritted, glaring at the sisters.

Celestia looked at Luna who looked back at her. Celestia then knelt down on a knee and studied Sword's face. "You seem to care for a Changeling. Something no pony would ever dare do. Why?"

"What a stupid question. I love her because I love her! I can't explain nor deny it, Princess Celestia!" Sword growled, clutching Night closer.

Celestia was shocked at such rude language, but smiled and stood. "Sister, do you know what love is?"

"Excuse me?" Luna asked.

"Love. Do you know what it is?" Celestia asked again, but to both Luna and Sword Right.

"I know what love is." All eyes went to Night Storm. "Love is a deep and intense feeling of affection, and it is also how one feels a deep romantic or sexual attachment to some pony. Granted, Changeling feed upon love, but this love is different. It's not food to me, despite my eating it. This love I harbor for Sword Right, and the love he holds for me... it's like a link. It holds us together no matter how much others try to pull us apart. Love cannot be described easily, however, I know that the warm feeling in my chest and the butterflies in my heart when I look at Sword... I know those are feelings of love. I can tell just by looking at him that I love him more than life itself."

Celestia clapped with a smile. "Very good, very good! Love cannot be explained easily, however you capture the essence in which one might try and describe it."

Celestia walked back to her throne and sat down, Luna accompanying her in her throne.

Luna smiled at them both. "I've seen both the dreams of Night Storm and Sword Right, and I've seen their hopes. They both harbor immense feelings of love and affection, and aspire to be together forever. That is true love."

Sword frowned. "Does this mean she can stay?"

"Yes, of course." Celestia smiled, sipping some tea.

"I can stay? What changed your minds?" Night queried.

"Chrysalis and her Hive were fighting to take love in the wrong sense. They took it by force. But you have taken the love of Sword Right only by his consent, and you've excelled at not once trying to manipulate him in any way. You feed on his love, however, you do not abuse the gifts he gives. On the inside, you are like us."

"T-Thank you, Princess Celestia... and Princess Luna... thank you." Sword Right smiled.

Three Things Cannot Be Long Hidden; The Sun, The Moon, And The Truth ~Buddha