• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 767 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 767

Chapter Eight

Author's Note:

Again, this chapter contains scenes and dialogue from Season 4 Episode 2- Princess Twilight Sparkle.
(And Again, this chapter is basically the episode, adding in Comet Blaze and minus a few scenes)
Just a fair warning.

"Don't judge those from what you see. You could be judging the devil by his appearance of an angel."

Once the little vampire-bat filly was finished with reorganizing and putting away all the books that had gotten tossed around the library, she decided it was time to go find where Twilight Sparkle and her friends had gone. She didn't know how long the violet alicorn and the element bearers were going to see this Discord creature, but she did know that she wanted to see the creature. The little filly was also hoping for a clue for finding the fourth item.

Shaking her head, she exited the tree-library. Looking around, she noticed that all the ponies who were once running around in panic were finally gone. Comet Blaze let out a sigh of relief. With no other ponies around, it should make it easier to find where the violet alicorn and her element bearing friends are.

After taking a few moments to decided which way to go, she sighed and took off down the road, hoping that she was going to right way. As she ran, the little filly thought about all the chaos that was going on and how it tied to the Discord creature. How did it tie in to the creature they call Discord? Was he the one causing all this chaos? Why do they suspect him, anyways?

Finally, after a few minutes of running around Ponyville, Comet Blaze found the violet alicorn and the element bearers. Besides Twilight Sparkle and her friends, she saw a pony-like creature, striped in the colors of grey and white. Thinking about the books she had seen in Twilight Sparkle's library, she realized that the pony-like creature was a Zebra.

"Zecora!"

Comet Blaze watched as Twilight Sparkle and her friends ran towards the zebra. The zebra -Zecora- had came out of the Everfree Forest, pulling a cart and bag with her, full of so many things. As the zebra fell to the ground, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack helped take the cart and bag off the tired zebra.

"From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!" the zebra -Zecora- said, standing back up and looking at the the plants of darkness.

"Any idea why all this is happenin'?" Applejack asked the zebra.

Why would the zebra, Zecora?, have any idea on why this is happening? And why did she come out of the Everfree Forest?" Comet Blaze thought, confused.

"I'm afraid it is a mystery to me as well, but I may have something that, if combined with a spell..." the zebra -Zecora!- answered, as she went back to her cart. After a moment of looking through her things, she brought out a flask filled with a pink liquid and placed it on the ground before Twilight Sparkle. "I do not dare to use it myself, the results would be tragic. It only responds to Alicorn magic."

After Zecora placed the flask before the violet alicorn and announced the potion only responds to alicorn magic, the violet alicorn was confused. She looked up at her horn, then brought out her wings.

"Princess Twilight, you can turn the potion from pink to white. After a sip, you may see why the sky is day and night," the zebra explained.

Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes, and pointed her horn towards the flask. Comet Blaze watched as the violet alicorn's horn gained a purple-green mist around it, which after a second shot from her horn in a black streak to the potion, changing the color, as the zebra said, from pink to white.

"Oooh!" the pink, fluffy earth pony said, looking at the flask.

Twilight Sparkle then picked up the flask, her horn encasing it with a pink glow, bringing it up to her mouth. The zebra -Zecora- gave the violet alicorn a slight nod, before tipping the flask upwards, as an encouraging gesture. Twilight Sparkle took a sip of the potion.

After taking a sip, she took the flask away from her mouth, then started ti speak, "Doesn't seem to be worki-"

The violet alicorn was cut off, as her eyes opened fully, glowing pure white. During the duration of the alicorn's eyes glowing, she started to mumble to herself. It was like she was some where else, in a different reality. The violet alicorn, at one point, had also started sobbing. What was she seeing? Comet Blaze thought, shocked.

When Twilight Sparkle came back to it, she looked at her friends and the zebra before her. Confused, she asked, "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"It's just... you were mumblin' to yourself..." Applejack started to explain.

Pinkie Pie then cut in and added, "Ooh! And don't forget the uncontrollable sobbing!"

"We were really worried about you," Fluttershy also added softly.

"I for one found it delightful. Sort of a one-pony theater piece, if you will. You should really consider taking it on the road," a creature that seemed to be made up of many different animal parts said, appearing out of no where. Who was that? Was that Discord?

As if ignoring the weird creature, Rainbow Dash ask, "Did you find out whose rump we need to kick and where we can find them?"

Looking down, thinking about the violet alicorn had just seen, she explained softly, "I saw something from a long time ago. But it didn't explain what's happening now."

"Perhaps farther back still are the answers you seek. Another sip of the potion will give you a peek," Zecora encouraged, giving Twilight Sparkle the flask again.

After hearing that, Comet Blaze stopped. That flask filled with once-pink-now-white potion was showing Twilight Sparkle the past? Was that the answer to the third riddle?

Potion of pink to open your eyes.

It has to be! Comet Blaze exclaimed in her thoughts. Now, how to get the potion. Hmm...

Comet Blaze watched from behind a bush, making sure that the zebra was gone, and no other pony was around. The little filly wanted, no needed to get that potion the zebra gave to Twilight Sparkle. She knew it had to be the third item. It just had to be! Since the little vampire-bat filly was cautious, and kind of scared, of the white-and-grey striped zebra, she decided to take the potion from the cart, once Zecora, the zebra, was away from it.

Once the little filly was certain that the zebra was gone, and that no pony was around, she made a quick dash over to unattended cart. As she got there, she became more worried. What if the potion wasn't in there? Or what if she was caught? Shaking those thoughts from her head, she went up to the cart and started to dig through all the items.

Where could the potion be? Comet Blaze thought.

The little filly was so focused on trying to find the potion in the cluttered cart, she didn't hear the sound of hooves coming back towards the cart. The vampire-bat filly was also unaware of some other creature watching her from his spot on top of one of the plants of darkness. As the hoofed-creature came to the cart, she stopped at the sight of the little vampire-bat filly digging through the hoofed-creature's things.

"What are you looking for, little filly of lore?" a voice said behind her, making her jump.

Turning around she saw the white-and-grey striped zebra, Zecora.

"Well, um... I-I was..." the little vampire-bat filly stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Do not fear me, for I may have the answers, you see," the zebra said, softly. "Can you answer for me, a simple question of curiosity?"

"I-I... I was l-looking..." Comet Blaze said, still stuttering. She paused for a minute, then spoke again. "I was looking for the pink, well, now the white, potion. The one you gave to Twilight Sparkle."

"Why do you seek the potion? Do you seek only for notion?" the zebra asked, in her rhyming speech.

"Um... I need the potion because it is one of the five items I need to collect," Comet Blaze said, not understanding what the zebra had said.

"Ah, I see, now please tell me, why with the mystery, instead of pure honesty?" Zecora, the zebra, asked, again in rhymes.

"I... I was scared," the little vampire-bat filly whispered.

"Little filly of lore, do not be scared like before. I do not bare any ill, and give you the potion, I will," the zebra said, giving the little filly a smile.

After she finished speaking, she handed the flask containing the rest of the potion to the little filly.

"Thank you! Now, I only have two items left to find!" the little filly exclaimed in excitement.

"Two items you have left to find? If you do not mind. can I ask you what you must find?" the zebra asked.

"Sure. Next, I need to find Flower of Desire that comes from the Heart," Comet Blaze said, then added, "I have no idea what that means."

"Again, I believe I have the answer for thee, a flower I do own, you see," the zebra said, smiling.

"You know the answer? And you have the flower?" Comet Blaze repeated in shock. "What is it?"

"It is one we call 'Heart's Desire'. A dash used in a brew will show the fire, and bring the drinker's talents into view, that is always true," Zecora answered. "Now, wait for a few, as my things I look threw. The flower you need, is indeed, right here, for you my dear."

The zebra, as she spoke, started to dig through the overcrowded cart. Heart's Desire. The fourth item. Now the little filly only had one more item to find. As the filly thought about the five items she has almost fully collected, the zebra had finally found the flower of Heart's Desire.

"Young Comet Blaze, the flower you seek to help complete your maze," Zecora said, handing the flower, Heart's Desire, to the little filly.

"Thank you, Zecora!" Comet Blaze said, before running back towards the tree-library.

Now, I just need to find the fifth item. I hope nothing else like this darkness, or anything unexpected, happens...


If only she knew what was to come...