• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 766 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 766

Prologue

"Memories Last Forever. Never Shall They Die."

Many have tried to tell the tales of Equestria before the alicorn sisters, but nopony knows the true story behind everything. It is a wonder on how Equestria came to be, why the sun and moon listen to the sisters, and well, just everything, like why the sky is blue, or grass is green. Honestly, these answers could be impossible... Or they could be right in front of you.



Asteria paced around in her chambers. Her days, she knew, where coming closer to her end, as the prophecy she had received from her mother was coming to life. Asteria remembered her mother, Phoebe, telling her that she, soon, will disappear to let Equestria find it's rightful path. At first, the star goddess was confused about the prophecy her mother foretold, but soon, everything started making sense. It was not her place to fix the damage that Eris had caused. Even with the goddess gone, her creation, Discord, was still around to cause the chaos that she could no longer do.

Asteria started preparing for the night of the eclipse. Every thousands of years the sun, moon, and stars aligned in unison. This pattern holds great magic, and holds the key to many questions. For Asteria, The Night of Alignment will cause for her body to turn into fine dust, that will turn into many stars with the lunar princess' help. But, of course, it is not known to the lunar princess of this task.

The goddess did not want to leave her students, her nieces, but if they were to understand their true calling and importance, then she must. Asteria had taken care of her nieces for as long as she cared to remember. Her sister, Leto, had disappeared a few days after birth, but this didn't bother Asteria. Her nieces, Celestia and Luna, were almost like the goddess' own children. She was the one there to help them grow.

This is what made it hard comprehend leaving them...

Over the next three days, as the stars began to align, the goddess grew weaker and weaker, making it impossible for her to even leave her bed. The two alicorn sisters started worrying. They hated seeing their mother-like figure so sick. Asteria wanted to tell her nieces, her children, about the prophecy and what was happening, but the words just couldn't leave her mouth. Celestia and Luna looked at the older Alicorn in fear and worry.

"My children, do not fear what is to come," the goddess spoke, "You must understand your present, before you can comprehend your future."

"But Asteria, how are we suppose to do this on our own?" the younger lunar alicorn asked.

"You will find a way, I know you will. Goodbye, my children," the goddess, Asteria, whispered.

The two alicorn princesses watched as their aunt, no their mother, turned to a fine dust and watched as the wind carefully blew the dust into the night time sky. They knew it was the beginning of a new era. One with peace and harmony. But the two sisters only wished for their aunt, their teacher, to have witnessed the changing of Equestria with them.

"Are you sure about this, Running Wind?" the mare asked with worry.

Running Wind gave the mare a questioning look, not comprehending his lover's worry. Frost Heart started to contemplate his words he had told her before they left. This is for the best, Frost Heart, if we don't leave, they will find out about us and they will tear us apart... Was this what she wanted? She looked back at him, and gave a small nod. The stallion sighed, but reluctantly followed the mare as she continued farther into the trees.

The two young ponies had been sneaking around, hiding their relationship from their families. Their relationship was forbidden on many, many levels. Running Wind was of Noble Blood, while Frost Heart was of the common. Not only that, but Running Wind was a Unicorn and Frost Heart was a Pegasus. Forbidden to marriage, they hid their love. But a problem soon came about.

Frost Heart soon fell pregnant. But of what type would the little filly be?

Unwilling to take the risk of losing his love, Running Wind put a spell on Frost Heart to hide the signs of pregnancy from all eyes, excluding their own. Both were unable to even think about aborting the little filly. Killing a little pony for the sake of being unknown was not an option. Frost Heart took her chances with the pregnancy.

By the time the stallion and mare found a place that was well hidden from any civilization, Frost Heart was going into labor. In preparation for this, Running Wind took it upon himself to learn how to deliver a baby. He read many books that he received from his best friend, the doctor, and even received advice and information about what to do if it were to happen away from the town.

After what seemed to before eons for the poor mare, the baby was finally born.

Frost Heart was excited to see what her little filly would look like, if it would be a Pegasus or a unicorn, would it look like her or its father? When Frost Heart looked at the little filly, she became very confused. The little filly had fur the color of ashes, with a blood red and black as night mane. But that wasn't it. The little filly had a horn, sharpened to a point, and wings folded against her side, only, they weren't feathered pegasi wings. Oh no. They were leathery bat wings! The little filly looked up at Frost Heart, making Running Wind gasp. The little filly had eyes the color of blood and teeth as sharp as knives! What kind of pony was this little filly?

Suddenly, an image glimmered in front of the family.

Do not fear the little filly. You, Frost Heart, were chosen to birth the child of Dreams. This filly was born by the love you share with Running Wind. The love you harness was enough power to sustain the fetus. Your connection to each other is what brought this young filly to life. Without the connection of The Forbidden Love, the filly would not have made it through the process, and neither would you have lived. You must understand, the pony you see is not familiar to you, but it is the way the filly was meant to be. You are to give her a name, but you must leave her at this tree, and return to your home before the sun is up.

"I-I have to..." Frost Heart started, but trailed off as she realized the glimmering image was right. She had to abandon her little filly. She cast her gaze at the small bundle of fur that she held close to her. She gave a small smile, before looking at Running Wind. "Let's name her Comet Blaze."

Running Wind smiled and nodded. "It's a beautiful name."

Frost Heart stood up, shakily, on her hooves, setting the small child down in the mossy area under the old oak tree. She gave Comet Blaze a gentle kiss on her head, before turning away. She looked at Running Wing with begging eyes. She knew she had to leave then, or she would run back to her little filly. As they started to walk, it took all she had to not turn back.

Running Wind and Frost Heart walked away from the young oak tree, hoping that the voice was right and that Comet Blaze was going to be alright. The mare started to shake, her hooves ached to turn around and retrieve her foal, but Running Wind kept her going. The lover's made their way back home to the place were they must hide everything again.





Comet Blaze sat in the moss of the tree until night came again the next day. The little foal stayed as silent as a fox, as she was still unaware of the loneliness that was starting to creep closer. The little filly, of the night of the next day, let out an ear piercing cry. The near by civilization heard the foal's cry and sent their leader to see what made that cry. Comet Blaze was soon found by a pony with the same leathery wings and knives as teeth. The stallion, Blood Dusk, gently picked up the filly and took her back to the cave. From this moment, Comet Blaze was just getting started on her adventure.

Her new life was about to begin.