• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 767 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 767

Chapter Fourteen

"She wanted none of those days to end, and it was always with disappointment
that she watched the darkness stride forward."

The little vampire-bat filly was still dead tired. It seemed next to impossible for the little filly, for any pony to even try, to get her awake. It was impossible for the little filly to make her journey home for now. The pony that had tried to awaken her sighed, she knew that the little filly wasn't going to wake up until she had rested. This meant that the filly couldn't leave for her home until later. The pony smiled lightly as she teleported herself and the filly back to the violet alicorn's tree-library, setting the tired filly onto the couch.

"Doesn't she have to leave tonight?"

The lunar princess raised her head and looked toward were the voice came from. Her eyes met with the violet alicorn's. The lunar princess turned her head back to the little vampire-bat filly, a small smile on her face. She closed her eyes for a minute before speaking.

"Her journey home can wait until tomorrow. I'm sure she will want her rest. Especially after that party," the lunar princess said, with a small laugh. "I will be back tomorrow evening to take her home."

"Alright, Luna. Until then," the violet alicorn said, respect and even a little annoyance squirmed into the alicorn's words.

"Until then," the lunar princess agreed, before using her magic to teleport herself out of the violet alicorn's residence.

The violet alicorn sighed. She knew that the little filly had to get home. She knew that something important was coming, that it was something to do with the little vampire-bat filly before her. There was something special about her. Something very, very important. But what was it? The violet alicorn could only but guess. Even she knew that her guesses couldn't even compare. The violet alicorn knew she had to just wait. Time was always the best thing for a pony's curiosity.

The violet alicorn pushed her curiosity out of her mind, casting one last glance at the little filly, before making her way up to her bedroom. It was very late. A bit past midnight, the violet alicorn thought, looking out the window that sat next to her bed. She made her way across the floor and slide into her bed. Her thoughts started to waver, as sleep was begging for her to let them over take her. Eventually, the violet alicorn princess gave in, and the darkness took over.

Downstairs, upon the couch, the little vampire-bat filly was fast asleep. Her dreams plagued with darkness, whispers could be heard all around her. Whispers, but no words. Nothing made sense. The dream was horrid. No, this wasn't a dream. It was a nightmare.

The voices, the whispers, kept getting louder, like the things making those sounds were getting closer. Or was she moving closer? The whispers continued to grow, louder and louder, until finally they stopped. The noise was gone, and darkness was left. The filly was confused. What did this all mean?

Suddenly, the whispers started again, still she unable to make out any words they murmured. Until one voice became louder than the others.

It will not be forever.

The little vampire-bat filly froze.

It will not be forever.

What did it mean?

It will not be forever.

The voice continued to grow louder and louder, repeating the same line over and over again. What did it mean? What did all of this mean? But the little filly had no clue. The darkness around her started to burn. The black becoming violet, then blue, fading into green. The green faded into yellow, then into orange. Then the darkness became red. Burning red. The darkness the color of red seemed to burn into the little filly's skin, singeing her mane and tail. The whispers became louder, the flames became hotter. Nothing was stopping, nothing was ending. It seemed like forever, as the flames burned into her skin and singed her mane and tail. The little filly was close to giving up, close to letting the flames over take her. But before she was able to question herself any further, the flames of red began to change. Just like before, the red became lighter and lighter, turning from red to pink. The darkness became light, as the last of the red faded, leaving the darkness a burning white. The pain of the flames disappeared, and the whiteness that surround the little filly seemed to glow. Then it hit her. What the whispers meant, what this all meant. Her flashback. Asteria! It was trying to tell her something about Asteria! But before the little filly could do anything more, the whiteness started to fade, leaving nothing. That's when the little filly's eyes shot open.

Comet Blaze sat up, shaking her head, trying to clear away the nightmare, all the burning flames, from her mind. When she looked up, she saw the violet alicorn looking at her. Confusion glittered in Twilight Sparkle's eyes, along with wonderment and curiosity.

"Are you okay, Comet Blaze?" Twilight Sparkle asked, curiously.

"I... I'm fine," the little filly replied, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Alright," Twilight Sparkle replied, still a bit unsure, then continued, "Come on, it's a bit past noon, so let's go have some lunch. You need to get your strength up for tonight when you have to return home."

"Why... Why didn't I return home last night? Like I was supposed to?" Comet Blaze asked, confused.

"Luna thought you needed the rest, and decided to let you sleep. She will come back tonight to help you return home," the violet alicorn explained.

"Oh...kay," the little filly replied.

The two ponies made their way into the kitchen. The little vampire-bat filly went straight to her seat at the table, while the violet alicorn went right to the counter to make herself and the little filly a daisy and hay sandwich with apple slices. With her magic, the violet alicorn took only a minute or so to prepare both sandwiches. Comet Blaze was grateful for this, as as she sat in her chair at the table, she could hear her stomach grumbling, demanding to be fed.

The two sat in silence as they ate their lunches. Even though the little filly had spent some time in the violet alicorn's home, the alicorn still felt too much like a stranger to her for the filly to be comfortable enough to begin a conversation. The violet alicorn wasn't always the best at talking to other ponies, either, so she just let the silence settle before them.

It was going to be a long day.









Do you really have to go?" the white unicorn filly whined.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle. But I'll come back one day! I promise!" the little filly of ash and blood promised.

"You better!" the orange pegasus -Scootaloo- all but screamed.

The original three Cutie Mark Crusaders then jumped on top of their ash-and-blood-colored friend, creating once again a pile of white, orange, yellow, and ash-colored fur. The little vampire-bat filly wiggled underneath the weight of her three friends, trying to push them off. It took a few minutes, but eventually she got the three off of her and stood up, glaring at her friends, falsely.

"Oh, you're all going to get it!" Comet Blaze screamed, before chasing after her friends.

The little fillies played around for a while, as the sun started to lower, leaving for the moon to rise. This went unnoticed by the fillies, as they were too busy enjoying the last of the day that Comet Blaze would be in Ponyville. The last of the time that all four of them would be together for a while.

Off in the distance, the lunar princess watched the four friends play. She was sad that she had to ruin their fun at one point, but she knew she had to. The lunar alicorn flew most of the distance to the four little fillies, before letting her wings lower her to the ground and started walking. The little fillies didn't seem to even notice the lunar princess as she walked over to them.

"I'm sorry to say this, but Comet Blaze, we have to leave soon if we are to make it back before the sunrise," the lunar alicorn princess said, breaking into the four little fillies' fun.

"Already?" the little vampire-bat asked, confused, "But it's only..."

The little filly looked towards the sky and saw that the sun had set and the moon was shining brightly in the sky. She lowered her gaze back to the lunar alicorn princess. She was right. They had to leave soon or they wouldn't make it back in time, before the sun would rise. The little vampire-bat filly turned to her friends.

"You won't forget me, right?" the little filly asked, looking at her friends.

"Of course not!" all three of the original Cutie Mark Crusaders yelled.

"We will all be waitin' for ya ta come back ta Ponyville!" Apple Bloom added.

"Yeah! We could never forget you, Comet Blaze! Not after the great adventures we all had together!" Sweetie Belle added on to what Apple Bloom said.

"Thanks, guys! I will try to return to Ponyville soon, I promise!" Comet Blaze promised, looking at her friends. I promise.

"Come now, young Comet Blaze. The night grows older as we wait," the lunar alicorn princess said, kindly telling her to hurry up.

"Okay," she replied, before turning to her friends, pulling them into a group hug. Comet Blaze savored the last taste of friendship for now. It was hard for the filly to let go of her friends, but she still did, then said, "Okay. Let's go. Goodbye girls. I will return someday. I promise!"

"Goodbye!" the three other little fillies chorused.

The lunar alicorn princess and the little vampire-bat filly took off into the night sky, flying away from Ponyville. Comet Blaze casted one last glance back at the town she called her home for the past few days. Goodbye, she thought. Her gaze returned to the night sky before her, letting Ponyville vanish behind her.

I will come back, someday! I promise. I won't be gone forever...



It will not be forever...