• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 767 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 767

Chapter Sixteen

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is all you have left."

"She's back!"

Everypony stared at her in awe. The little filly was surprised at the shock, she had been gone for around two weeks or so. Why were all the ponies so shocked to see her? Did they think she wouldn't have made it home? Or maybe they thought it was going to take her longer?

After what seemed like ages, Blood Dusk made his way in front of the young filly. He smiled down onto the little filly, pride filling his eyes. To Comet Blaze, this pony was always the closest thing to a father in her life, sometimes she had even wished that he had been her father. Blood Dusk was always so kind and caring to her, he acted like her father, and Comet Blaze loved it.

"Comet Blaze, you have returned!" he announced, "Let's return to the house, while we talk, alright?"

The young filly nodded, smiling. The older pony turned and started walking back in the direction he came. Comet Blaze raced after him, catching up to the older pony in only a few strides, before walking beside him. Blood Dusk decided to start the conversation then, a lot sooner that Comet Blaze had expected, but she didn't mind.

"How was your journey?" Blood Dusk asked, starting a conversation.

"It was great! At first, it was difficult. I didn't know where to go, as I had never left the mountain before, but I soon found...." she paused, could she tell about Princess Luna helping her? Pushing those thoughts away, she continued, "something.... that led me to where I needed to go."

"Something?" he asked, confused.

"Yeah... Something," she whispered.

"What else happened on your journey?" Blood Dusk asked, changing the subject slightly.

"Well, I ended up in Ponyville, a town right beside the Everfree Forest. I stayed in a tree-library with Twilight Sparkle! She was so kind to me, but she and her friends weren't around a lot, as some other things came up. But I made three friends who are my age! Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo! We had so much fun. We went on an adventure to the Castle of The Two Sisters! They helped me a lot during my time spent there..." Comet Blaze babbled on, pausing after her mind raced back to her friends. She sighed. The little filly missed her friends.

"Your friends sound wonderful, Comet Blaze. Maybe soon you will see them again," he told her, trying to make her feel at least a little bit better.

"Hopefully," she whispered. Hopefully.

After that, the two continued walking silently, unsure of what to say. Thankfully, they were close to Blood Dusk's, and hers, technically, home. Once they reached there, it would be better for them to talk about the journey and such. Comet Blaze kept glancing at Blood Dusk. Since she left, he seemed different. Physically, he looked the same, same dark coat, mane, and tail, same dark, mysterious, cool eyes, but he didn't act the same. In fact, no pony was acting the same.

Finally, the two had reached the house and made their way inside. Blood Dusk led the way into his office, closing the door behind them as both made it fully into the room. He sat in his chair behind the desk, giving Comet Blaze a look to do the same with the chair in front of the desk. She complied, sitting down in the chair.

"I guess, first things first. Did you retrieve all five items?" Blood Dusk asked in a dull monotone.

"Yes," the little filly replied, almost questioningly, "I think so."

"You think so?" the older pony questioned.

"Well, the items were given as riddles, so I think I got the items right," the little filly whispered, almost feeling like she wanted to cry.

Suddenly, the door burst open. Standing in the door frame was a bat pony, one the little filly had never seen. Confused, she turned her gaze towards Blood Dusk, but he was looking at the pony in the door frame.

"What is it, Shimmer?" he asked, patiently.

"Selene and Dante are ready," the pony, Shimmer, as Blood Dusk called her, announced.

"Thank you for informing me, Shimmer, please tell them that we will be arriving there shortly," he told the silver, shimmering pony called Shimmer, dismissing her with a look that she seemed to understand.

She turned, leaving the two alone in the room. Comet Blaze looked at Blood Dusk, confusion evident in her eyes. Sighing, he cleared his throat, then started to speak.

"Selene and Dante are here to help mix the potion using your five items. Both have talents in the magic of nature and potions, they will be very helpfully during the next step of your journey," Blood Dusk explained. "Come on, we must be going now. The sooner, the better."

Comet Blaze rolled her eyes, but still got up and followed as Blood Dusk, too, got up and exited to room.

This was going to be a long day...

Once the two reached their destination, Blood Dusk stopped just outside the door and turned to Comet Blaze.

"I don't know what is going to happen once we begin, but be prepared for anything. Alright?" Blood Dusk asked, almost begging.

"Alright," the little filly replied.

Blood Dusk was starting to frighten the little filly. What was going to happen? Comet Blaze just wished she could know. Was something bad going to happen? Or was Blood Dusk just being paranoid? Pushing away her thoughts, she watched carefully as the older pony pushed open the door and walked in. She followed, walking slowly.

The room wasn't overly large, just big enough to fit many herbs and materials lined up on shelves against the walls, a large pot in the center, and a few other ponies inside, too. The walls were a calming mixture of blue and green, making Comet Blaze relax slightly. Inside the room, two ponies were shuffling around, seemingly trying to find something.

The first was a silvery white, unicorn, with a blue mane, stripped with a few other shades of blue. Selene, Comet Blaze guessed. On the unicorn's flank was a rose, moon, and a few six pointed stars. Her cutie mark made it obvious that he talent was with magic, while it also matched her name.

The other pony, Dante, as Comet Blaze guessed, was a pegasus. He had a black coat, and his spike-y mane and short tail looked like flame, a dark red and orange colored his hair. Flames. His cutie mark was a flaming six pointed star. Magic. Just like Selene, his cutie mark made it obvious that his talent was magic, despite being a pegasus, and it also matched his name.

"Comet Blaze, this is Selene," he pointed to the silvery-white unicorn "and Dante," he pointed to the black pegasus "They are going to help make the potion."

"Hello, Selene, Dante," the little filly said, trying to be polite, but it backfired as she was still very quiet and unsure.

"Hello, Comet Blaze," Dante spoke quickly before flying off to the wall to find whatever he was looking for.

"Hello, young one," the silvery unicorn, Selene, said, smiling. "Don't mind my brother, he is just working on his studies. Now, should we see what we must do for your potion?"

The unicorn brought a book down from one of the shelves, opening the book to a page.

"This book should help us make the potion. Can I see the five items?" Selene asked.

Comet Blaze nodded, setting her bag onto the table. Selene smiled and started pulling out the items. First, the Poison Joke, then a strand of violet-colored hair, then Zecora's pink potion, then the Heart's Desire, and finally the bag holding the star. Selene studied the items for a second before turning her attention to the book.

Comet Blaze watched in awe as Selene made the potion. Using a much smaller pot, she mixed water, herbs, and a few items that she had retrieved. In the boiling water, the Poison Joke petals, Twilight Sparkle's strand of hair, the Heart's Desire, and a few other herbs that Comet Blaze couldn't see, were put inside, making the water turn into a boiling rainbow. After what seemed like hours, the pot was done. Selene smiled, then opened the vial containing Zecora's pink potion. Using her magic, she pour the rainbow colored potion into the vial, mixing it with the pink colored liquid. The potion turned into a white liquid, with a rainbow swirling around inside. Taking the star out of the container, she placed it inside the white, rainbow swirled potion. The star shone brightly, sending of a rainbow in Comet Blaze's direction.

She shrieked.

At first, the rainbow seemed to burn inside of her, then it calmed. It was like water, flowing through her, looking for something. The water-like rainbow must of found what is was looking for, as it turned from a gentle flowing stream, to a boiling, bubbling spring, turning back into liquid flame, burning through her.

Again, Comet Blaze shrieked.

What is this? What is it doing to me? Comet Blaze was starting to panic. Her vision was going blurry, her ears felt like they were stuffed with fluff as all noises were muffled. What was happening?

The liquid flame burned through her, she tried to scream to Blood Dusk or Selene or even Dante, but she couldn't make a sound. Nothing. She could do absolutely nothing. All she could do was let the flame burn. She stopped fighting it and let it do what it wanted. She knew she couldn't stop it. She couldn't do anything.

Luna! Comet Blaze called out in her mind, hoping that maybe the lunar alicorn princess could hear her. Luna! Please! Help Me!

Comet Blaze continued to call out in her mind. In her mind, she saw a silhouette coming towards her. She gasped.

Luna? she called out to the silhouette.

No, dear one. Do not worry, the flame will melt away soon. the silhouette soothed.

Who are you? the filly asked.

You know the answer to that, young one. the silhouette whispered soothingly.

Mother?

Everything went black...

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry it took so long to update! I was so busy on focusing on school!
Anyways, here's an update!
She finally returned home, the potion was made, but now what?
What did you guys think of Selene and Dante? Well, Selene mostly...
I'll try to update again soon, maybe again today!