• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 766 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 766

Chapter Four

"People Change for two Reasons: Either they learned a lot, or They were hurt too much."

Comet Blaze woke with a start, looking around at her surroundings. Wonder gently creeping up on her. Where was she? Why was she here? What happened? Then the event of the past few days flooded her memories. The flying test. Burning Flame. Class. Blood Dusk. The Journey. Princess Luna! Twilight Sparkle! Relief flooded through her as she remembered that the princess of the night had shown the little filly to the town by the Everfree Forest, and the violet alicorn, Twilight Sparkle, had offered to help her on her Journey.

Downstairs, the violet alicorn had gathered her friends up at the library. The Element bearers were very curious to why their violet friend had asked them to meet her at the library without telling them why. Twilight gave her friends no clues, but told them to be patient, before heading up the stairs. The violet alicorn looked at the sleeping form of the vampire filly, and smiled.

"Comet Blaze, wake up," Twilight said softly, shaking the little filly.

Comet Blaze's eyes shot open. Her eyes the color of silvery mist. Twilight looked baffled. The little filly closed her eyes, shaking her head. When she opened her eyes again, they were back to their original blood-like color. Comet Blaze looked up at Twilight.

"Good Morning, Twilight Sparkle," Comet Blaze greeted in a quiet tone.

"Come on, Comet Blaze, I have some ponies I would like you to meet," Twilight said, before heading back towards the steps.

Comet Blaze got off of the bed and followed the violet alicorn down the stairs. As she came closer to the ground floor, she noticed five other ponies. The first one was a light blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail, then there was a yellow colored Pegasus with a light pink mane and tail. Beside the Pegasi, there was a unicorn. She had a pure white coat, with a purple tail and mane. Then there were two earth ponies. One was pink, she was bouncing all around the place. To be honest, she kind of scared Comet Blaze. Then there was a orange-ish color mare with a yellow colored mane. These five ponies must be Twilight's friends, Comet Blaze thought.

"Girls, this is Comet Blaze," Twilight announced to the five ponies.

The pink pony started bouncing around Comet Blaze, making the little filly uncomfortable.

"Hiya! I'm Pinkie Pie!" the pink earth pony, Pinkie Pie, said as she bounced.

"Hi, I'm Apple Jack," the other earth pony said.

"I'm Rarity," the unicorn stated in a bored tone.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest pony in Ponyville!" the light blue Pegasus gloated.

"I'm Fluttershy," the yellow Pegasus said in a squeaky voice that Comet Blaze wouldn't have understood if she didn't have the heightened senses of a vampire pony.

"And, you already know that I'm Twilight Sparkle," the violet alicorn said, ending the introductions.

"Right, now Twilight dear, why did you call us all here?" the earth pony -Apple Jack- asked.

"Yesterday, Princess Luna came to my door and asked for me to help this little filly," Twilight started. "This little filly would like for us to help her on her task."

"Oh, Oh, What's the task?" Pinkie Pie said, jumping up and down.

"She was sent here to collect five sacred items from the Everfree Forest," Twilight explained.

"Why in tarnation would any pony send a little filly into the Everfree forest?" Apple Jack asked.

"It was a tradition," Comet Blaze whispered.

The six ponies turned their gaze to the little filly.

"What do you mean it was a tradition?" Apple Jack asked softly.

Comet Blaze, then again, retold the story that Burning Flame had told to her class. Explaining the history of the beloved princess Asteria and telling them the legend that had followed the story for generations. The five ponies -excluding Twilight- looked confused.

"What are the five sacred items you gotta get?" the Pegasus -Rainbow Dash?- asked.

"First, The plant of blue that plays you for a fool. Second, A strand of hair from magic itself. Third, Potion of pink to open your eyes. Fourth, Flower of desire that comes from the heart. Fifth, A single seed from the Infinite Night," Comet Blaze recited from memory.

"Riddles?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Riddles," Comet Blaze confirmed with a sigh.

"Hey, Comet Blaze, do you have to retrieve the items in order?" Twilight asked.

"I-I believe so," Comet Blaze said, unsure.

"Well, The plant of blue that plays you for a fool. What could that be?" Twilight asked, mostly to herself.

Twilight started pacing, mumbling incoherent things to herself. What could it be? Twilight thought. Comet Blaze watched the older alicorn pace around in thought, then she started to think. She didn't know of any plant that could 'play you for a fool'. But then again, she had never left the town before. Then, suddenly, the pink earth pony broke the silence.

"Oh, oh, I know! I know!" the pink earth pony squealed.

"Pinkie?" the violet alicorn said, still pacing back and forth.

"Poison Joke!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping up and down.

Twilight stopped pacing and looked over at Pinkie Pie in surprise. "How did you get that so quickly?"

"Just a hunch," Pinkie Pie said with a big grin.

"Um, what's Poison Joke?" the little filly asked.

"It's a plant that grows in the Everfree Forest. When you touch the plant, the next day it plays a prank on you," Twilight explained to the little filly.

"But, Twilight, how are we suppose to get one without letting it play it's pranks? 'Cause I for one would like to stay normal size," Apple Jack stated.

"Um, I could use magic to grab one and we can find something to put it in," Twilight suggested.

"Alrighty then," Apple Jack said with uncertainty.

"But what could we put it in?" Twilight asked.

"Uh, we could wrap it in something?" Comet Blaze suggested.

"That's a good idea, Comet Blaze!" Twilight praised the young filly.

Twilight's horn then began to glow with a violet mist. Comet Blaze watched in interest. She had never seen a pony use magic before, but whenever she was able to, she would always read books about magic. But being a vampire pony, there was a limited amount of books about magic, as it was unnecessary to have, as most vampire ponies cannot use magic.

"Alright, let's go find the Poison Joke," Twilight said.

The seven ponies headed out of the library. Traveling through town seemed like an easy task, and it was for six of the seven ponies. As they walked, all the ponies they passed seemed to stop and stare at young Comet Blaze, making the filly annoyed and hurt. Back home, she was used to being judged by every and any pony that passes by. It seemed to be the same here.

Comet Blaze was to busy trying to ignore all the other ponies and to block out all the old memories, that she didn't even notice that they all had already made it to the edge of the Everfree Forest. The little fillies eyes widened.

"Woah," she whispered.

The seven ponies continued into the forest as the little filly looked around the forest. The trees seemed to have faces that followed you every where you went, that seemed to laugh at you. The little filly was getting terrified.

Fluttershy was also scared of being in the forest. She looked back at the little filly and frowned. She flew next to the little filly. Comet Blaze looked up at the yellow Pegasus with wide eyes. The yellow Pegasus -Fluttershy- smiled lightly at the younger filly and whispered softly.

"You know, this place looks very terrifying, but with those other five ponies, you are going to be safe," Fluttershy whispered softly to the little filly.

The Poison Joke must not have been too far to walk to, as when the filly looked around, she saw a big patch of the blue flower. Again, the little vampire pony watched with great interest as the violet alicorn's horn lit up with the same violet mist as before. The mist trailed away from the violet alicorn's horn and plunged into the blue patch of Poison Joke, pulling one out of the bunch and wrapping it in a violet cloth.

Comet Blaze smiled. She loved watching the violet alicorn perform magic, as magic was a very interesting subject to the filly. Comet Blaze let out a soft sigh. She only wished she could perform magic like the violet alicorn. Shaking away those thoughts, the seven ponies headed back to Ponyville.

"It was nice meeting ya, Comet Blaze, I'll see y'all later, I gotta head back to the farm," Apple Jack said before sprinting off.

"I'm with Apple Jack, I gotta go practice my awesome tricks!" Rainbow Dash said, before flying off.

"Um, I have to go check on my animals, if that's alright. Good bye Twilight, Comet Blaze," Fluttershy whispered before walking off in the direction of her cottage.

"And I must go find Sweetie Belle. Good Luck on your task, Comet Blaze, if I can any of assistance, just come down to the Carousal Boutique," Rarity said in a formal tone, before walking away.

"Oh, I'm gonna go plan your "Welcome-To-Ponyville-And-Good-Luck-On-Your-Task" Party!" Pinkie Pie said in an extremely hyper voice before bouncing off towards Sugarcube Corner.

Twilight sighed. "Come on, Comet Blaze, let's go back to the library."

The alicorn and vampire pony headed back towards the library. This time, though, Comet Blaze was to busy thinking about the task and the riddles before her, to think about the other ponies constant stares and looks of judgement and fear.

It has been day two of my journey, and day one in Ponyville, and I have already retrieved one out of the five items I need. This task was going to be easy! Comet Blaze thought.

If only she knew how wrong she was.