• Published 5th Jun 2014
  • 766 Views, 30 Comments

When You Wish Upon a Star - Nightshine_Eclipse



A pony of age must be sent to the place where darkness feeds, and never leaves. Five items are collected to show them their fate. Upon their age of eight, it must be complete. For one day, you may find the one who has gone away...

  • ...
4
 30
 766

Chapter Thirteen

"I really don't want to say goodbye to any of you."

As the little vampire-bat filly was sleeping on the couch, where she had fallen asleep the night before, three other little fillies were creeping up on her. The Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth pony fillies quietly stalked over to the occupied couch, trying to be absolutely silent. The violet alicorn watched the three fillies from the top of the stairs for a few moments, before shaking her head and returning to her room.

"Ready?" Apple Bloom asked her two friends.

"Ready," both the unicorn and Pegasus replied.

"One," Apple Bloom started.

"Two," Sweetie Belle, the unicorn, added.

"Thre-," Scootaloo, the Pegasus, added after her friend, barely able to finish as she was cut off by screaming.

"Attack!" the earth pony and unicorn yelled, before allowing Scootaloo to speak.

The three little fillies, after two had yelled Attack, jumped onto the sleeping vampire-bat filly, making her tumble to the ground and wake up. The four fillies combined together to make a pile of yellow, orange, white, and ashed-colored fur. The vampire-bat filly, being stuck under the three other fillies, started to try to push them off of her.

"What are you guys doing!?" the vampire-bat filly yelled.

"Waking you up!" Sweetie Belle replied, yelling back.

"Why!?" Comet Blaze, the vampire-bat filly, asked, still yelling.

"Quit yelling!" a voice yelled from upstairs.

All four fillies rolled their eyes.

"Why?" Comet Blaze asked again, without yelling.

"It's your last day in Ponyville and w-" Sweetie Belle started to explain.

Comet Blaze didn't hear the rest of what her white unicorn friend was saying, as her mind remembered that today was her last day in Ponyville, that tonight she had to go home. She had to go home. Then her mind started spinning. What are those five items for? What are they going to do with them? The vampire-bat filly was taken out of her trance by her apple-colored friend shaking her and yelling her name.

"-aze! Comet Blaze!" the apple-colored filly said, yelling.

"What?" she asked.

"You were spaced out. Did you hear what Sweetie Belle said?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Some of it," Comet Blaze answered, sheepishly.

"I said, It's your last day in Ponyville and we want to spend as much time as we possible can together, before you leave," Sweetie Belle repeated.

"Oh! Yeah, so what do you guys want to do?" Comet Blaze asked.

"Well, somepony has a surprise at Sweet Apple Acres," Apple Bloom said.

"Let's go!" Scootaloo yelled, before sprinting out the door, disappearing, to only, a few seconds later, reappear and ask, "Well? Are you guys coming or what?"

The three other fillies looked at each other, blinking, before running after their Pegasus friend. Once they made it out the door, they looked down the street to see their orange colored friend close to disappearing from their view. Comet Blaze rolled her eyes, turning to look at her other to friends.

"So, what's at Sweet Apple Acres?" Comet Blaze asked, hoping to get an answer.

The apple-colored earth pony and white-colored unicorn quickly glanced at each other before sprinting off after the orange-colored Pegasus. The vampire-bat filly sighed before chasing after her friends. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle weren't too far ahead, unlike Scootaloo, but Comet Blaze wasn't fast enough to catch up to the two other fillies.

Darn it! If only I could fly, then I would have already caught up to them! Comet Blaze yelled inside her head.

The vampire-bat filly kept on chasing after the unicorn and earth pony, hoping to catch up to them soon. But her luck was cut short when she looked ahead and saw Sweet Apple Acres coming into view. Comet Blaze's eyes widened. Did they run straight here so they wouldn't have to tell me what was going on here?

Comet Blaze rolled her eyes, before slowing down to a walking pace. There wasn't a point to keep on running after them if they were going to end up at Sweet Apple Acres were the surprise was going to be anyways. Eventually, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stopped running and looked behind them to see Comet Blaze walking.

"Do you think she gave up?" Sweetie Belle asked her apple-colored friend.

"No, I think she just realized that we were leadin' her ta Sweet Apple Acres, anyways," Apple Bloom explained.

"Oh. That would make sense. Should we wait for her?" Sweetie Belle thought out loud.

"We probably should," Apple Bloom answered, halting her movements, with Sweetie Belle following after.

The vampire-bat filly looked up ahead and noticed that two of her friends had stopped running towards the farm and were waiting for her. She smiled. It was a very thoughtful thing for them to do. Comet Blaze was glad to see that she wouldn't be stuck walking the rest of the way to Sweet Apple Acres by herself. As her hooves finally brought her to were her apple-colored and white-colored friends sat, she smiled.

"Finally decided to stop?" Comet Blaze asked, smiling.

"Thought ya might want some company," Apple Bloom answered, also smiling.

"Do you think-" Sweetie Belle was cut off by the sound of thunder racing towards them.

All three fillies turned their heads towards the direction of the thunder. Turns out there was no thunder, only Scootaloo stampeding her way towards her friends. Once Scootaloo reached them, the thundering noise stopped, making the three other fillies go into a laughing fit, leaving Scootaloo totally confused.

"What?" the orange-colored pegasus asked, confused.

The three fillies kept laughing, unable to answer their orange-colored friend.

"Fine, then, I'll just go to Sweet Apple Acres by myself!" Scootaloo yelled, pretending to be angry.

Apparently, it worked, as Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shot up with shock on their faces. This had also gotten Comet Blaze to stop, but not out of shock, more so out of confusion than anything else.

"No!" the apple-colored earth pony and white-colored unicorn yelled simultaneously.

"Then come on!" Scootaloo yelled back.

Comet Blaze, still confused, asked, "What was all that?"

The three other fillies looked at each other before simultaneously blurting out, "Nothing!"

Comet Blaze rolled her eyes.

"Come on! Hurry up! We need to get to Sweet Apple Acres quickly," Scootaloo exclaimed.

The three fillies jumped in surprise at the sound of Scootaloo's exclamation, before jumping to their hooves and running after their Pegasus friend.

What was going on?

Surprise!


Comet Blaze stood perfectly still, unable to comprehend what was happening. She was then brought out of her state of shock by the pink, fluffy earth pony bouncing in front of her.

"Were you surprised? Were you? Were you?" Pinkie Pie asked, enthusiastically, as she was hopping up and down.

"Yes..." Comet Blaze answered, questioningly.

"Good!" the pink, fluffy earth pony exclaimed before bouncing away.

The vampire-bat filly watched as the fluffy, pink earth pony bounced away. What was up with her and throwing parties? Is there anything she doesn't through a party for?

"Nope!"

Comet Blaze jumped, turning around to see the pink, fluffy earth pony named Pinkie Pie standing behind her bouncing in place with a huge grin on her face. "I throw a party for everything! Parties are my special talent!" she exclaimed, pointing to her cutie mark.

Comet Blaze sighed, of course they are.

"Come on, let's have some fun! It is your last day here in Ponyville, Comet Blaze!" Scootaloo said, "We have to make it memorable!"

The four fillies set off, exploring the games and sweets that were present at the party. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom kept Comet Blaze on her hooves, having her try every game, every food and beverage, never letting the poor vampire-bat filly to rest her hooves. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were always moving about, trying to find something new that they haven't tried yet. Whenever Comet Blaze tried to ask them to slow down or stop, the original crusaders would keep going, sometimes they would start to move even faster!

After a few hours of trying to keep up with the original Cutie Mark Crusaders, Comet Blaze let her hooves fall from underneath her, letting her body land on top of the couch. She sighed in relief when her hooves left the ground and her body stopped moving. Finally, she thought, peace.

The vampire-bat filly's peace was short-lived, as the original Cutie Mark Crusaders came back.

"Come on, Comet Blaze! There is still so much to do!" Scootaloo yelled, hoping to get the other filly to follow.

"And still so much time to do it in, Scootaloo! My hooves hurt from all the walking, running, and gaming! I want to rest!" Comet Blaze yelled, pleadingly.

"Fine," Scootaloo sighed, rolling her eyes.

The party went on for hours. With all the walking, running, and gaming that the original Cutie Mark Crusaders made Comet Blaze do, it was no surprise to her when she let her heavy eyelids close, letting the darkness over take her.

It seemed like only a few seconds, but it had actually been a few hours, when Comet Blaze felt someone shaking her and calling her name, trying to wake her up. The little vampire-bat filly whined, not wanting to get up, as she was still very tired from all the gaming, walking, and running. Eventually, as the pony was very persistent and kept shaking her and yelling her name, she finally opened her eyes.

"Come on, sleepy head. It's getting close to sun set, meaning you need to get ready for your journey home," the pony that had awakened her said softly.

Comet Blaze gave a soft nod before getting off of the couch.

The next few seconds were a blur, as once she was off of the couch, the pony that had awaken her grabbed her in a magical aura and teleported them to the violet alicorn's place, were the little vampire-bat filly was staying.

Only one thing was on the little vampire-bat filly's mind.

I don't want to say goodbye to this place or to any one.