• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,080 Views, 29 Comments

Terror in Equestria 6: The Great War - StormLuna



3,000 years have passed since the unmaking of evil. The world has lived in peace and harmony but the assassination of two high level officers near and international border will bring that peace to an abrupt end.

  • ...
10
 29
 1,080

Battle Plans

Nearly four hours after the assassinations of the grand princes Lyra and Lemon Hearts' generals and colonels arrived back in Ridead. Lemon Hearts greeted them with a scowl on her face and asked, "Where are Crescent Moon and Silver Star? Why didn't they return with you?"

Lyra walked up next to Lemon Hearts and asked, "Was there some sort of accident, do we need to send rescue forces out after them?"

Colonel Stone Gray replied, "Well it would be more of a recovery crew. We were attacked by Equine Empire forces and they killed the grand princes."

Lyra got this sadistic grin on her face as Lemon Hearts broke down crying. She cried, "Why would they do that? We never did a thing to them."

Lyra patted Lemon Hearts on the shoulder and asked, "Lemon Hearts, so what do you want to do? Personally I would classify this as the Equine Empire declaring war on both our nations but what do you think?"

Lemon Hearts went from crying to screaming, "I will crush them! Luna wants a war, she's got a war! Alright troops, we need to prepare for war. We need to hurry up and get a real fleet built so we can invade them by sea."

Lyra said, "Lemon Hearts, once you get your fleet built I do think you need to attack them along their west coast. Also, I think you need to send forces north across the border and attack Maredrid. If you take their capitol, it will be a crushing blow to their morale and it will make the rest of the country ripe for the taking."

Lemon Hearts asked, "So what are your plans? Am I going to have to do this alone?"

Lyra replied, "No, I will send my carriers north and invade the eastern part of the country. If we can take both sides of the nation, they will be surrounded and in the end they will have no choice but to surrender."

Lemon Hearts asked, "But what about Luna? She could easily teleport out of there. She would probably teleport to Equestria. What if she went there, enlisted Colgate and her massive army and sailed across the Alicorn Ocean and invaded?"

Lyra replied, "Lemon Hearts, by then you will have a powerful enough army to drive any Equestrian force out and since I will have forces occupying the eastern part of the country, we will be fine."

Lemon Hearts said, "Well you better get back home and get ready for battle."

Lyra nodded and her and her officers headed back home. Once they got far enough out to sea Lyra started celebrating. She started jumping up and down on the deck shouting, "Yes, yes, yes! We got our war! Soon the economic queens will be gone and the world will be MINE, ALL MINE!"

General Black Rocks asked, "I'm glad you are happy my Queen but what about Lemon Hearts, she will have part of the world too."

Lyra replied, "Oh once we have taken care of Luna, Colgate and Brevity we will then take Lemon Hearts down and the whole world will be under the control of Queen Lyra Heartstrings!"

Her officers decided to let her celebrate yet they all had a sick feeling in their stomachs because they knew that Lyra didn't have anywhere near the knowledge of advanced magic of their new foes.

In Ridead Lemon Hearts was very angry yet at the same time she was still in a state of shock. Her changeling General, Green Cloud, walked up to her and asked, "Lemon Hearts, nopony ever saw this coming. Do you think anything that happened at the summit earlier this year may have provoked this?"

Lemon Hearts replied, "It very well could have. Lyra and I were very angry over the way the economic conditions around the world were going. All three of them were angry but Luna seemed to have this bad attitude towards me, well that is how I felt anyway. Long story short, yes, I think that may have caused it."

Green Cloud asked, "Are there any other plans of action you think we should take besides heading north and attacking Maredrid?"

Lemon Hearts replied, "Yes, there is. This will be taking a page from the days of old but I do think that the remaining dark unicorns we have should march north and attack Stalliongrad."

Green Cloud asked, "Why Stalliongrad?"

Lemon Hearts replied, "It is a city of almost entirely earth ponies. Yes they do have a few dark unicorns there as well but it is also where a lot of their most significant and regal artifacts lie. That city has been cherished for many, many millennia, dating all the way back to not long after that country was founded. That would KILL their morale."

Green Cloud said, "I like your way of thinking, that would be a great way to take the country."

Lemon Hearts motioned her general to the dining hall as it was getting late. She said, "Come on general, I'm sure the other officers are waiting. It is getting late and none of us have eaten since noon."

Eight days later Lyra's ship returned to Prancington and Lyra saw something that made her extremely happy, a whole fleet of thirty carriers, thirty strong steel and titanium carriers. When they docked Lyra flew over to the carriers and inspected each one. They were built even better than she could have imagined. When she arrived at her palace Major Rock Crusher approached her and asked, "Your Majesty, I take it you like the fleet?"

Lyra hugged her major and replied, "Major Rock Crusher, they are better than anything I could have ever imagined! Now I can duplicate our forces many times over and once we do some training exercises, we can set sail and invade the eastern part of the Equine Empire, which will be easy to take since it is sparsely populated."

Rock Crusher asked, "I know you have big plans my queen but aren't you worried about sailing into Alicorn Island waters? If Brevity catches us sailing into her waters she will probably have every single resident there launch a massive attack on us."

Lyra replied, "Good point. We will pull our ships ashore beyond eye sight of Alicorn Island and begin taking over the Equine Empire from the southeast and move northwest."

Rock Crusher asked, "How many carriers of soldiers will we be taking to invade the Equine Empire?"

Lyra replied, "We will be taking probably 18. The other 12 we will be using to launch aerial assaults on the coastal cities of Equestria. That way we can take care of two enemies at once."

General Black Rocks overheard this and asked, "Uh your Majesty, are you sure it is the best idea to attack Equestria right now. They do have the most advanced military in the world and Colgate is the most knowledgeable military commander not just in the world now, but maybe even in the history of the world."

Lyra spread her wings wide casting Black Rocks in her shadow and growled, "So, you're on HER side huh? I should drag you down to the base and KILL you to remind everypony what happens to backstabbers."

Rock Crusher said, "Queen Lyra, we do need to prepare our forces more if we are to take on Equestria. They are far more powerful than the Equine Empire and besides, Colgate has that eye she scans the whole world with."

Lyra grunted, "Oh you're right. I shouldn't be getting ahead of myself."

In Maredrid Luna decided she better address her citizens. She stood out on her balcony where the city's residents had gathered. She started, "My friends, my family, I have some very bad news that will affect us all. There has been an assassination on the south side of our border with Saddle Arabia. While it was an inside job on the part of Neigh Zealand and Saddle Arabia, we are being blamed and our friend over in Ponyville, Supreme Commander Colgate, believes that we will most likely have war declared on us."

A concerned citizen raised his hoof and asked, "Luna, what does all of this mean?"

Luna replied, "Given that our city is very close to the border it means that all of us will have to relocate until this threat has passed."

Another pony in the crowd asked, "Where would we move to?"

Luna continued, "Well Colgate seems to think that Marescow would be a good temporary location. It is well fortified and two mountain ranges separate it from the border."

Another citizen asked, "Will there be enough housing there for all of us?"

Luna smiled and replied, "Of course there will be. I will simply use my magic to create more, and whatever damage our enemies do when they come here I can easily fix it, so don't worry, after this war is over our wonderful capitol will be restored and our lives will return to normal."

Another citizen asked, "When will we head up to Marescow?"

Luna replied, "We will be spending the next week relocating. We do have sufficient transportation methods to take us and our belongings up there. For now I think we need to remain calm. I have everything covered."

After that the crowd dispersed and headed home. Luna headed into her throne room and seemed a bit irritated. General Black Night said, "Your Majesty, I know in the end everything will be ok. If you have to you can always transform into Nightmare Moon and take on our foes."

Luna's ears perked up and she replied, "Damn General, you're right. I totally forgot about that. I guess when you haven't had to do that in several millennia, you completely forget about it. Thanks for reminding me."

In Ponyville Colgate had called a meeting with Scootaloo and her officers. She began to tell them about how Lyra was discussing launching aerial attacks on Equestria's coastal cities. Scootaloo said, "Wow, Lyra seems to be overconfident if you ask me."

Colgate replied, "She is being over confident. She is sitting there thinking that she is invincible. Little does she know that besides us having a vastly more powerful military, that I have discovered a material that when coupled with some powerful magic, that I could obliterate Neigh Zealand if I wanted to do so."

Lieutenant Dark Crystal had heard of legends that a powerful substance known as uranium existed in trace amounts in the hills around Ponyville. He asked, "Colgate, is it the uranium that you discovered?"

Colgate replied, "Yes, it is. Over the last century I have went out and mined some of it on my own. Why did I do this in such a secretive manner? I did so because I didn't want it in anypony's hooves except my own."

Scootaloo asked, "So what would happen if you used uranium with a powerful beam of energy?"

Colgate replied, "The combination of the two would result in the most powerful, destructive and deadly explosion of all time. For it to work, I would have to put enough energy into my magic to split the uranium atoms. After the splitting of the atoms, radioactive fallout would spread over a large area. If Neigh Zealand attacked and I had to use it on them, I could render that place uninhabitable if I used enough of it."

Major Frigid Wind got a terrified look on his face. Just like with how vicious she was in killing Twilight's brother with a hypercane, he realized that Colgate was willing to take war to a whole new level. Colgate could see the fear in his eyes. She asked, "Major, what is wrong? You act like you are the one I will unleash my wrath upon."

Frigid Wind asked, "Regarding this fallout, will it kill everything within a certain distance from the detonation of it and how will you know if it will work? Wouldn't you need to test it first?"

Colgate replied, "Yes, it will kill everything within a certain distance. It would depend on how much of it I use. I will be testing my nuclear spell on the uranium in the arctic north, where the Crystal Empire used to be. That way it should be far enough away that no fallout will reach inhabited areas of Equestria. Alright everypony, let's call it a night. I'm getting tired."

Everypony left the throne room in a very nervous mood. Colonel Green Toxin was talking to Scootaloo. He asked, "Commander, does it scare you that she is wanting to use a weapon of this magnitude?"

Scootaloo replied, "I am. I am very scared. It isn't just the incredibly destructive power of it but what if the fallout were to do something really bad, like tear a hole in the fabric of the void unleashing all the villains that Twilight had banished or even worse, what if it somehow caused Twilight and her allies to reform?"

Green Toxin replied, "If that is the case, then we will be in for a war that could destroy the entire planet if her nuclear spells don't destroy it first."

Scootaloo nodded and suggested that they stop talking about it so Colgate doesn't hear them and punish them. While everypony headed home Colgate was up in her bedroom contemplating how destructive the uranium weapon would be if she had to use it. She was thinking to herself, "If I use that and Lyra sees the destructive nature of it, she will go from being bloodthirsty to being petrified and once I capture her and drag her back here she will be thrown into the void forever!"

Author's Note:

Colgate's dark Alicorns

General Dark Night
Colonel Black Mist
Major Frigid Wind
Captain Black Ice
Lieutenant Dark Crystal

Changelings

General Lightning Storm
Colonel Green Toxin
Major Deadly Cloud
Captain Green Storm
Lieutenant Southern Haze

Lyra's Grand Prince
Grand Prince Silver Star

Lyra's dark Alicorns

General Black Rocks
Colonel Stone Gray
Major Rock Crusher
Captain Steel Seas
Lieutenant Gray Mist

Changelings

General Green Eyes
Colonel Blue Streak
Major Green Death
Captain Fly Wings
Lieutenant Black Haze

Lemon Hearts' Grand Prince
Crescent Moon

dark Alicorns

General Black Feet
Colonel Iron Hooves
Major Black Iron
Captain Dark Hooves
Lieutenant Thunder Hooves

changelings

General Green Cloud
Colonel Sticky Ooze
Major Green Poison
Captain Deadly Ooze
Lieutenant Chryso

Luna's dark Alicorns

General Black Night
Colonel Dark Rocks
Major Black Seas
Captain Gravel Crusher
Lieutenant Night Sky

Changelings
General Green Waters
Colonel Choking Mist
Major Dim Sun
Captain Dark Rage
Lieutenant Steel Wrath

Brevity's officers
General Green Star
Colonel Stargazer
Lt. Colonel Moonrise
Major Starry Skies
Captain Moonlight
Lieutenant Soaring Skies
Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Release Brevity Thrash--- "She was banished long ago, but her power she will not forego, it is revenge she wants, it is her sister she shall taunt, for Brevity Thrash shall return once more and be more than just long lost lore."

PINKIE'S SPELL

"The changeling's power is good, but not great, they can fire ooze but not enough to make their foes lose, for them to be great, they must fire bolts of hate, the energy shall be strong so their enemies won't last for long."