• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,078 Views, 29 Comments

Terror in Equestria 6: The Great War - StormLuna



3,000 years have passed since the unmaking of evil. The world has lived in peace and harmony but the assassination of two high level officers near and international border will bring that peace to an abrupt end.

  • ...
10
 29
 1,078

A Nervous Voyage

Twelve days after Colgate and her forces set sail Lyra was having a meeting with those troops who stayed behind. She looked at her generals and said, "You know guys, I have a feeling that Colgate and her minions have not only set sail, but that they are closing in on us."

Black Rocks asked, "How do you know this? Are you developing a sixth sense or something?"

Lyra replied, "Yes, I have. I believe we need to sail tomorrow and meet them in battle. We will sink their fleet, I will capture Colgate and punish her severely."

Green Eyes asked, "How do you plan on punishing her?"

Lyra replied, "I don't know yet. I will make sure it is painful. I will see to it that she endures ten times as much physical pain as the economic pain every Neigh Zealander has suffered because of Equestria's selfish economic practices."

Green Eyes asked, "You really hate her don't you?"

Lyra began to cry, "Yes, I truly hate her. Before they started producing their own wool they had to import it from us and we were doing so well. Everypony was prospering, there was no poverty, there was no hunger, there was no sadness and there were plenty of jobs for everypony. Now ponies have to fight to the death for jobs, the unemployment rate is high, the wool producers are barely making it by and I had to beg Alicorn Island to buy our debt."

Green Eyes commented, "Well I don't blame you. I would hate her if I were in your hooves too."

While Lyra and her generals headed to the throne room to have some lunch Colgate and her fleet continued to sail to the southwest. A nice tailwind was pushing them along nicely. Fluttershy was standing by Colgate's side and said, "This tail wind should help us get there much sooner. Perhaps we can catch them off guard."

Colgate replied, "We very well could. I have a feeling though that we will encounter them before we reach their coast."

Fluttershy added, "It would make sense for her to send ships out to keep us from getting there but you know what? We will sink their fleet, we will capture Lyra and make her beg for her very life!"

Colgate said, "Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves Fluttershy. I know you are as determined as I am but we can't go getting overconfident. Remember how Twilight's overconfidence caused her to lose not just once, but twice?"

Fluttershy replied, "Yes, I do remember that. I guess when I set my mind on something I tend to get this aggressive mindset."

Colgate said, "Well keep that overly competitive mindset for the Alicorn races once they resume. War isn't like a race. You can't just go in for the kill immediately."

Colgate looked over at the other carriers and asked, "Fluttershy, could you go and make sure that the other soldiers know to expect us to run into our enemy at any moment?"

Fluttershy replied, "Sure thing."

While Fluttershy was notifying the other soldiers to expect to run into the enemy at any moment Colgate had her hoof over her face. Dark Night saw this and asked, "Colgate, you seem awfully stressed. Are you ok?"

With the way she was at this point she normally would not tell anypony how she was really feeling but given that Dark Night has served her for over 4,000 years she knew he was one she could trust. She asked, "You won't tell anypony a word of this will you?"

Dark Night replied, "Not a word of this will be told to anypony."

Colgate said, "Thanks." She then continued, "Well I just have this really bad feeling that something horrible is going to happen, and it doesn't involve Lyra. I just feel like something far worse is going to wind up breaking out. You might think I am crazy but I have a feeling that SHE will return."

Dark Night had a confused look on his face. He asked, "SHE? Who are you talking about?"

Colgate replied, "Twilight Sparkle. I am worried that she will somehow return, will be invincible and will crush everypony, including myself."

Dark Night had an unsure look on his face. He was worried about Colgate and her worries but he also wondered how in Equestria Twilight could return from being unmade. Fluttershy returned to a suddenly paranoid Colgate. She could tell she was upset and decided to find out. She asked, "Colgate what is wrong?"

Colgate snapped, "Nothing is wrong, I'm fine."

Fluttershy said, "Well then why are you burying your face in your hooves? Why are you biting your hooves? You know that a commander who goes into battle nervous like this is almost certain to lose."

Those words hit Colgate like a ton of bricks as she realized Fluttershy was right. She replied, "I am sorry for snapping at you Fluttershy. I just have a feeling that the dark goddess will somehow return to our world."

Fluttershy asked, "How could she do that? Brevity unmade her and it is impossible for anything to return from being unmade."

Fluttershy's words really reassured Colgate. She replied, "You're right. We have nothing to worry about." She stopped and then laughed, "Yeah, nothing to worry about except hearing Lyra cry and whine!"

Fluttershy said, "Now that is the Colgate that all of Equestria knows and loves!"

It was getting late so most everypony went to bed, except Fluttershy who volunteered to keep watch for enemy ships that night. Colgate, while being somewhat reassured, still had trouble sleeping and when she did sleep, she dreamt about the dark goddess returning and banishing her to parts unknown.

Author's Note:

Colgate's Nuke spell---- "The atoms must be split so I can send my enemies into a pit. The explosion shall be big so my enemies will squeal like a pig. The time has come to make my enemies numb. The big fire shall be great, it shall destroy all the hate."

Colgate's dark Alicorns

General Dark Night
Colonel Black Mist
Major Frigid Wind
Captain Black Ice
Lieutenant Dark Crystal

Changelings

General Lightning Storm
Colonel Green Toxin
Major Deadly Cloud
Captain Green Storm
Lieutenant Southern Haze

NOTE: Since the changelings and dark Alicorns that Colgate duplicated for Scootaloo to take to the Equine Empire, the officers will have the same names since duplicates are EXACT duplicates.

Lyra's Grand Prince
Grand Prince Silver Star (DEAD)

Lyra's dark Alicorns

General Black Rocks
Colonel Stone Gray
Major Rock Crusher
Captain Steel Seas
Lieutenant Gray Mist

Changelings

General Green Eyes
Colonel Blue Streak
Major Green Death
Captain Fly Wings
Lieutenant Black Haze

Lemon Hearts' Grand Prince
Crescent Moon (DEAD)

dark Alicorns

General Dark Skies
Colonel Steel Armor
Major Iron Blades
Captain Dark Mane
Lieutenant Black Lightning

changelings

General Green Skies
Colonel Stinging Ooze
Major Green Death
Captain Burning Haze
Lieutenant Green Cloud

Luna's dark Alicorns

General Black Night
Colonel Dark Rocks
Major Black Seas
Captain Gravel Crusher
Lieutenant Night Sky

Changelings
General Green Waters
Colonel Choking Mist
Major Dim Sun
Captain Dark Rage
Lieutenant Steel Wrath

Brevity's officers
General Green Star
Colonel Stargazer
Lt. Colonel Moonrise
Major Starry Skies
Captain Moonlight
Lieutenant Soaring Skies

Invisibility----"Whether it be one or a bunch of ones, nopony needs to see so that we don't have to flee, invisibility is the treat of not having to retreat."

Visibility---"The unseen shall now be seen, with their friends being present, hiding only shows resent, those who have disappeared shall now appear."

Duplication---"From one to two, two to four and so much more, when one is simple mere, more and more shall appear."

Banish to void--- "You have committed treason and that is not in season, you are a threat to me and I simply can not let that be, I can no longer be annoyed so you shall be cast into the void."

Loyalty spell---"From another to me, that is where your allegiance will now be, you thought your old commander loved you like pie when all they wanted was for you to die. With me all shall be great, there shall be no hate."

Giving drones a mind of their own---"those without a mind are in a bind, no longer shall they just be, but they will still be loyal to me, for officers they are now but they don't ask how."

Unbanish---"The one who has been banished has done their time, they are now forgiven for their crime, their time has come, now they need to contribute some, it is Equestria that they must serve or into the spiral of the void they shall curve."

Transform unicorn to Alicorn--- "The unicorn who has no wings is bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform multiple unicorns to Alicorns--- "The unicorns who have no wings are bound to the ground, they can not really get around, their smarts are great yet without flight they will be late, with these wings they will be great and they shall never have a bad fate."

Transform Pegasus to Alicorn---"The one who can fly likes to fly free desires the powers that allow the unicorn to be, he/she wishes so much to levitate and create, rather than berate, for the winged one now has magic, without that it would be tragic."

Transform Earth Pony to Alicorn---"The pony without magic or flight is in a bind, for they feel like they have fallen behind, they work themselves to death, even to their very last breath, for now with magic and wings, great things shall be what life brings."

Increase size of pony---"The small one wishes they were tall so that they won't have to crawl, with height their future is bright and everything will be alright, for the small one is small no more, with height their happiness shall be galore."

Mature pony--"The innocent pony is unsure of who she wants to be, that may be cute but it is not what is good for me, she needs to mature if she is to be strong for without maturity she won't last for long, the naive one shall be so no more, for her maturity will carry her into lore."

Strengthen Armor---"The one without armor does not stand a chance, so it is what we must enhance, the unarmed one will likely receive death, with armor he shall continue to draw breath, without armor he will be torn to shreds like a rag but with armor victory is in the bag."

Activate Jade Alicorn---"The jade Alicorn will help me see all, without it I might miss a brawl, while the distances are great, I can see all the hate, wisdom is what comes along with the eye so that overthrowing me nopony will try."

Hurricane spell--- "The nice weather must come to an end, for without a storm the enemy will not bend, the wind shall be strong and my enemies won't last for long, a hurricane is a must so the tyrants will sink and go bust."

Fixing spell--- "The city was devastated by a storm, which is not the norm, their suffering is great yet we can not allow normalcy to be late, the city must be restored to the way it was before so they can pay taxes like they did before.

COLGATE'S SPELLS

Unlock---"The door is locked, but from me my information is blocked, a lot of learning I have to do, but with this locked I won't have a clue, now the door is open for me and infinite knowledge for me shall now be."

Lock---"Right now the door is not locked, from others the information is not blocked, the others must not be allowed to learn, for this is not theirs to earn, the door is now closed for all but me because infinite knowledge is not free."

Shatter Armor---"Our foes' armor is great, that is something I hate, with their armor they are strong, but them having armor is just plain wrong, now their armor is gone and it is time for them to say bye as they are struck by energy and die."

Return Blue sky---"The sky is purple which is ok for some, but it just makes me numb, for I miss the way it used to be, blue is beautiful to me, the normal sky shall be back and everything will return on track."

Drain pony---"The large pony is too big for me, for smaller the pony shall be, the size and knowledge will become mine, but the negative qualities is where I draw the line, for what must grow is my power, so that I may remain in the tower."

Change eye blue---"The green eye is not for me, for blue is what it shall be, the evil shall be banished as the good can not vanish, what shall return will be an eye of blue as it is the perfect hue."

Freeze time---"Tick tock, tick tock, look at the racing clock, what is short is time and being late is a crime, we must finish on top so it is time I must stop, with time froze, it is my enemies I shall bulldoze."

Unfreeze time---"Look at the clock, it is stuck in place, with this there can be no pace, everything is still but that does not fit the bill, for now the clock shall again run so everypony can have fun."

Time bubble---"A bubble is what we need, so from frozen time we can be freed, in this bubble we can move fast, while everything else is stuck in the past, it is frozen time which through we must pass so we will never be late to class."

Undo time bubble---"In the bubble time continues to run, but now the time outside runs and allows fun, the bubble must burst so we can quench our thirst, from the bubble we are now free and everything we can clearly see."

Release Brevity Thrash--- "She was banished long ago, but her power she will not forego, it is revenge she wants, it is her sister she shall taunt, for Brevity Thrash shall return once more and be more than just long lost lore."

PINKIE'S SPELL

"The changeling's power is good, but not great, they can fire ooze but not enough to make their foes lose, for them to be great, they must fire bolts of hate, the energy shall be strong so their enemies won't last for long."