• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,077 Views, 29 Comments

Terror in Equestria 6: The Great War - StormLuna



3,000 years have passed since the unmaking of evil. The world has lived in peace and harmony but the assassination of two high level officers near and international border will bring that peace to an abrupt end.

  • ...
10
 29
 1,077

Prelude

Three thousand years have passed since the Dark Goddess Twilight Sparkle and those who she brainwashed into her service were unmade by Brevity Thrash. After their unmaking, the five nation world was restored and love and harmony were restored. For well over 2,500 years it remained strong, then as the world began to change that love and harmony began to slowly deteriorate.

For thousands and thousands of years each nation's economies were dictated solely by what was produced within their borders. Eventually, for the first time in the world's history, trade began to happen between nations. Naturally the resources that one nation produces have a higher value than others. This results in the nations with the more valuable resources doing better off financially than those which produce items of lower value.

Also, some nations wind up being able to produce resources that they used to import from other nations. This winds up hurting the economy of the nation that was the original producer of that product. With some leaders, this began to cause their hearts to be filled with resentment, envy and eventually hatred. With this being the case, relations between world leaders will not be as harmonious as they used to be.

Ultimately world summits become less harmonious, world leaders begin to fight and alliances become very fragile, and that is where things are now. With all the instability that has developed in the world and the hatred that has filled the hearts of some leaders, the world has become a tinderbox that could explode into a war of unprecedented proportions at any time.