• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,074 Views, 29 Comments

Terror in Equestria 6: The Great War - StormLuna



3,000 years have passed since the unmaking of evil. The world has lived in peace and harmony but the assassination of two high level officers near and international border will bring that peace to an abrupt end.

  • ...
10
 29
 1,074

The Tri-Millennial Summit

It was another peaceful morning in Ponyville as Colgate woke up in her black tower. She looked out from her balcony and everything seemed to be going on normally. The schoolponies were headed to school, the Apple Family was apple bucking, Rarity was opening her shop, Pinkie was making sweets at Sugarcube Corner and Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were preparing for an upcoming relay race, like they did before the world fell into chaos. Just like she had for a bit over 3,000 years, she tapped into the blue eye to scan the world. Much to her delight, everything was going as it normally would. She then heard hoofsteps coming up towards her room.

Scootaloo, her commander for 3,000 years, asked, "Colgate, are you coming to breakfast? Everypony is waiting."

Colgate replied, "Yeah, I am. I was just making sure that there are no problems going on in the world and there aren't."

Colgate followed Scootaloo down to the dining hall where she was greeted by her usual company. General Dark Night, Equestria's highest ranking dark Alicorn for over 3,000 years said, "Good morning Colgate. It is so good to see you!"

Colgate replied, "Thanks, it is good to see all of you too."

Major Frigid Wind asked, "Colgate, how long has it been since the last violence our world has seen?"

Colgate replied, "Hmmm....." She scratched her face and asked, "Wait a minute, it is May 13, 5579 isn't it?"

Frigid Wind replied, "It is, why do you ask?"

Colgate smiled and said, "It has been 3,000 years to the day since Brevity Thrash unmade Twilight Sparkle and her minions!"

Scootaloo asked, "Why are you so excited?"

Colgate replied, "That means that the tri-millennial summit is....."

Before Colgate could say anything further one of her changeling drones led two ponies into the dining hall, Goddess Brevity Thrash of Alicorn Island and Queen Luna of the Equine Empire. Colgate ran into their wings, hugged them and said, "Brevity, Luna! It is so good to see you!"

Brevity replied, "It is so good to see you too!"

Luna added, "It is! It has been far too long!"

Colgate looked shocked at first and asked, "It is wonderful to see you two but you usually don't arrive this long before the summit."

Brevity asked, "What do you mean? Brevity thought the summit started today."

Colgate got a sheepish grin on her face and replied, "Oh yeah, it does. How the hay could I have forgot that."

Very soon their food arrived and they began to eat. Brevity said, "Wow Colgate, Brevity forgot about how good the food is here. Don't get us wrong, the food back home is great, but your meals are the best!"

Luna asked, "Brevity, I thought you gave up that speaking in the third-pony. Do you speak this way to the citizens of Alicorn Island?"

Brevity replied, "No, we do not. Brevity guesses that once she is not home she can let her mane down and be herself."

After eating Colgate, Brevity and Luna headed into the throne room to engage in minor chit chat before the rest of the world leaders showed up. Colgate asked, "Brevity, Luna, what happened? Usually Lyra and Lemon Hearts come with you two."

Luna replied, "Well they don't communicate much with us anymore. I might sound a bit paranoid but that does worry me."

Brevity added, "What really worries us is that when we are doing our patrols over the waters that surround our home we have been seeing a lot of carriers with the Neigh Zealand flag on them. We don't know what to think of this."

Colgate replied, "Hmmm....Well perhaps we can get some answers out of them once they get here."

There was a knock on the throne room door. Colgate opened the door and there were Lemon Hearts and Lyra, neither of which looked very happy to be there. Colgate went to hug the two but Lyra pushed her back with her wings.

Lyra said, "I am in no mood from a hug from you. Let's just get this started, ok?"

Lemon Hearts added, "I'm in the same mindset as Lyra is. I want to get this done so I can get back home."

Colgate shrugged her shoulders and asked, "What crawled up your flanks and died?"

Lyra grunted and headed over to her seat around the table. Colgate banged her hoof on the table and said, "Welcome to the tri-millennial summit everypony. It may not seem like it but it has been 3,000 years since Goddess Brevity unmade Twilight Sparkle and her minions!"

Brevity blushed and said, "Oh it was nothing!"

Luna patted Brevity on the back and asked, "What do you mean it was nothing? You pretty much ended the chances of there ever being another war on our world when you did that."

Lyra and Lemon Hearts had glares on their faces when Luna was patting Brevity on the back. Lemon Hearts asked, "Oh and what makes Brevity so great? What, is it because she speaks in the third-pony? Is it because she has that fancy unmaking spell? Is it because she is a Creator Goddess?"

Colgate banged her hoof on the table and asked, "Lemon Hearts, what has gotten into you. I know you and Lyra both haven't been overly friendly for the past fifty years but really, what has you two so angry?"

Lyra had been bottling her frustration up for many years but she just couldn't do it anymore. She stood up, spread her wings wide and shouted, "YOU KNOW WHAT HAS BOTH OF US SO ANGRY?"

Colgate replied, "No, we do not know. Why don't you enlighten us as to why you two are so grumpy."

Lyra said, "What has both of us grumpy is the fact that our economies are not doing that well. Ever since global trade started, our nations have been in decline while the nations YOU THREE rule are prospering!"

Colgate interrupted, "That is what has you upset? You have got to be kidding me!"

Lyra replied, "No I am not kidding."

Lemon Hearts added, "Yeah, Luna and Colgate have all these precious metals they export and Brevity has all this fancy silk she exports. What do I have? Fruit! Oranges and tangerines are the only natural resources that Saddle Arabia has!"

Lyra shouted, "AND ALL NEIGH ZEALAND HAS IS WOOL!"

This did not sit well with the other three. Brevity stood up and asked, "Have either of you two bothered to explore your nations more to see if there might be precious metals there?"

Luna added, "Look Lyra, I have seen plenty of rock formations in the hills down there that most likely have precious metals in them. We have the same types of rock formations in the Equine Empire and they are loaded with silver, gold and even platinum!"

Lyra growled, "Look, we are doing things the way we have for the past three thousand years and I do not want to change that. I don't want to have to make my subjects do that kind of hard work."

Colgate put her hoof up to her face and said, "Oh for crying out loud Lyra. Listen, I know you love the citizens in your country with all your heart but you are only hurting them by not adapting to a changing world."

Brevity was getting upset that she had not been able to address the situation involving Lyra and her carriers so she figured she would just jump in and ask. She asked, "Lyra, why the hay are you having carriers with YOUR flag sailing clear up around Alicorn Island?"

Lyra replied, "I haven't had any of my carriers that far up north."

Brevity said, "Brevity knows you are lying. When she goes on her patrols off to the south of her island she sees your carriers sailing in her waters. They have your flag on them."

Lyra started mocking Brevity. She said, "Well Brevity knows this, Brevity sees that, Brevity, Brevity, Brevity. Why can't you talk like a normal pony. Oh, I forgot it is because you are the most narcissistic pony to have ever walked the face of the planet, or in your case, the whole universe."

Colgate pounded her hoof on the table and shouted, "That is it! I have had enough of you Lyra. The same goes with you Lemon Hearts. All you two have done so far is cause trouble and you won't do anything to HELP your nations. You are so stuck in the past that you would rather bankrupt your nations before doing something to help your citizens."

Lyra and Lemon Hearts got up and headed for the door. Lemon Hearts said, "You know what? The hay with the three of you. You can find somewhere else to get your tangerines and oranges. I'm cutting ties with you."

Lyra added, "Same here, you three economics queens can get your wool somewhere else. GOOD RIDDANCE!"

They stormed out of the throne room and flew back towards their ship which was docked on the west coast of Equestria. Colgate looked at Brevity and Luna with a nervous look on her face and said, "Brevity, you really need to keep a closer eye out on those carriers of her's and Luna, you may want to keep an eye on your border with Saddle Arabia."

The three remaining leaders that were part of the alliance forged an even closer bond and their friendships grew even stronger. Lyra and Lemon Hearts decided to forge their own separate alliance and they grew much closer as they had the same enemies.

Author's Note:

Colgate's dark Alicorns

General Dark Night
Colonel Black Mist
Major Frigid Wind
Captain Black Ice
Lieutenant Dark Crystal

Changelings

General Lightning Storm
Colonel Green Toxin
Major Deadly Cloud
Captain Green Storm
Lieutenant Southern Haze