• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 8,404 Views, 520 Comments

Titanfall: New Horizons - Necrogen Lord



Militia Pilot Joshua finds Equestria at war and decides to take names and assist ponies.

  • ...
25
 520
 8,404

Machine

Celestia stormed through the halls of the Canterlot Castle, trying to make sense of the situation at hoof. She had guard squads scrambling about, tumbling over to salute her, nobles that yelled into her ears about the shield being raised, but above all else, a massive Griffon attack being executed before her own throne, and not a single way to fight back.

She ran past the massive doors of the observatory tower, located by her and Luna's towers, and flew into the purple-drowned sky with a mighty flap of her wings. As she soared high, she was barely able to make out any kind of movement beyond the shield, only catching glimpses and flashes from the war balloons and the buildings of Ponyville.

When Celestia reached a balcony near the dome of the tower, she was greeted by a panicking Unicorn with a white coat and black mane throwing around papers and small objects with his magic.

"P-Princess!?" he shouted as he stumbled back, nearly falling over the wooden railing of the observation deck.

"Seer, please, now's not the time for formalities. Ponyville is under attack." she replied with a mixed tone of stern and worried.

Seer gathered up his papers and trotted towards a large ivory desk near the balcony entrance.

"Yes, I can see that. Why would you come here, though?"

"Because I-"

"SISTER!"

Celestia turned her head to see Luna approaching the balcony as well, joined by a squad of Night Guards.

"Luna, what's wrong?"

Luna physically tensed up as she cleared her throat to address Celestia.

"We have felt multiple strange, how would you say, 'pings,' in the skies over Ponyville."

Celestia turned to the shield and went past her sister, staring into the deep color as small flashes scattered across it.

"That's what I was afraid of. Are the Griffons now able to just 'ping' wherever they want now?"

Luna quickly came up to her side and tried to recapture her full awareness.

"No, sister. It came from above the sky. From the Human's ship."

Celestia turned to her sister with a shocked expression, about to question what she felt exactly. However, her questions would be answered when a massive flash from the shield drew her attention, yet again. On the other side, Griffon warships began to explode and fall, followed by massively smaller craft that seemed to swarm from straight above. As more came from the skies, more Griffon ships were destroyed. Only one thought came to Celestia at that moment.

"The Humans are fighting. But which side are they on?"

\\\\\\//////

Joshua jumped from the top of the building he called his Titan from, and landed on what appeared to be a sign shaped like a tooth. He looked back to the skies and raised his Hemlock rifle to a trio of Griffons attempting a charge on him. He fired at the left one, exploding it's throat in a shower of gore. Then to the one on the right, leaving three streaks exposing it's skull from one end to another. Before he could fire at the last one, however, his magazine read-out displayed '00' in red numbers. He reached for another mag, and felt an empty space where there should be a spare.

"Shit."

Was all that he said as the Griffon attempted a sweep from above. Joshua dived to his right, leaving a large gaping cut in the tooth where he stood seconds ago. He jumped back up to the Griffon and swiped his foot into the back of it's neck, making a large popping sound as the soldier went limp on impact.

Joshua removed his boot and placed the rifle on his back, pulling out his Autopistol. He counted 5 magazines left, which meant he didn't have much time. Once more, he got onto the radio and called the Horizon.

"Where the shit is my Titan!?" he screamed.

The Engineer insignia came up on the video-feed as a sarcastic voice greeted his request.

"Sir, with all due respect, how will yelling help?"

"Jacob, I swear to GOD!"

"Alright, alright, sir. Uh oh." the engineer responded with a slightly grim expression.

"What?"

"Um... we... may have, just a bit, thrown off your Titan's course."

"How. Far." Joshua deadpanned.

Before a reply could come, however, a loud screech and resounding explosion came from overhead. Joshua watched as a familiar shape tore through the sky, through another zeppelin, and... into the ground. 200 meters away.

"Yeah, sorry about that, sir."

Joshua face-palmed and shook his head in sheer disappointment at the recruit, but gather himself before he could curse him out.

"At least it didn't crater." Joshua remarked as he saw a familiar blue shield grow from the buildings.

With a bound, Joshua began his journey towards the Atlas. Before he could land on another building, however, Joshua flipped a switch on his wrist, and heard a familiar female voice.

"Titan engaging Follow Mode."

\\\\\\//////

Twilight and her friends watched in horror as Joshua killed one last Griffon with a simple kick, and in utter disgust as their bodies rained onto their streets. However, she knew that they needed to pull through long enough to get some answers from the Human Captain, and that there were some issues that needed answering.

For one, the fact that he seemed to be far more athletic than everyone else that came with him in the attack. He was seemingly bouncing off of rooftops with no effort, yet his followers had trouble vaulting over a cart at times.

In the midst of her thoughts, Twilight heard a loud screech and boom from the sky, and watched as another form dropped through a balloon. From where it crashed, a strange blue shield rose from the spot it crashed at. And in an instant, Joshua leaped from the roof of 'Brushie Brushie,' and as he soared, the blue shield disappeared.

Twilight turned to her friends, who were equally emotionally entangled, and nodded for them to follow.

"Come on," Twilight started, "let's go."

\\\\\\//////

StrongBeak felt a massive pain in his stomach, knowing that not only were they loosing to a new enemy, but the fact that they were now seemingly protecting the Equestrians. Such odd creatures, too. They came from absolutely nowhere, attacked from above and destroyed almost the entire fleet, had troops that wielded weird ranged magical things, and had the support of flying metal dragons that didn't even breathe fire.

However, what was going to change now, was the fact that the battle was seemingly one-sided, as he rolled up to the Pony town, in his own armor-tillery unit. A mobile cannon designed with heavy Iron plating, and able to be loaded from the inside, making it all the easier to wipe out their enemies. He stood proudly atop it, relishing the feel of imminent victory against such a mysterious foe.

Before he could take in yet another breathe of victory, however, a loud screech and boom came from above his warship, and out came a massive object that crashed into the ground ahead of him. When it landed, a translucent blue dome rose around it, giving time for the dust to clear enough for StrongBeak to examine it.

And in horror he did.

The shield flickered and died as a faint voice from it said something he couldn't make out, and the beast rose up from it's position. It positioned a massive cannon towards him, and before he could even bark an order, the shoulder of the two-legged monstrosity burst to flame, sending a piece of metal right at him.

On contact, an explosion rang out and threw the Griffon Major from his seat, and a smaller series of explosions ensured that no remains were left of his existence, or his unit.

\\\\\\//////

The six ponies followed Joshua closely as possible, trying not to get caught by either Griffons or his own view, as he went from roof to roof, searching for something.

In the distance, there were a series of screams and huge explosions that threatened to knock them all down as they ran. After the explosions, however, there was a faint thumping from the ground as Joshua paused atop one roof. They all peaked around the corner of an alley, and watched in awe and horror at the new beast before them.

In the town square, dead-center of the market, was a bipedal creature seemingly made of a mix of dark green and dark orange metal. In the center of it's chest were a series of lights that they assumed was it's face. On it's right shoulder was a strange pod-thing that stuck out above it. In it's massive metal hands, however, was a cannon unlike anything they've seen.

"Let's do this you beautiful beast." they heard Joshua say.

They all adjusted to watch as the Pilot jumped from the roof of another building and went towards the metal monster. It seemed to notice him and approached him while moving the cannon to it's right hand only. Joshua jumped from one last roof towards it, and seemingly hung in the air as it reached out and grabbed him from his jump.

"NOOOO!"

They all screamed as the metal beast opened up it's center and stuffed the Human inside. Once he was in, it closed and readjusted the weapon to fit in both hands again. As it shifted slightly, they heard a female voice come from it.

"AI disabled, Pilot mode: Engaged."

\\\\\\//////

Joshua felt his mind meld with the machine as he plugged himself into the controls, adrenaline pulsing through him as he returned to his element. He tested the controls a bit by moving the XO-16 Chaingun a bit in his hands, and shuffled his feet for a second. He turned the Atlas to the left and saw a Griffon tank roll up into the center of the clearing, aiming at him. He ignited the Dash ability, and flew out to the right to avoid the massive projectile it fired into a building behind him, shattering the wooden structure like nothing.

Joshua readied the Titan's weapon systems and opened fire onto the deformed circular tank, breaking it apart in a shower of iron, shrapnel, wood, and blood with only 12 shots out of 90.

"Another armored unit from the right." The AI announced.

He spun the Atlas on it's heels and fired a Cluster Missile right into the tank's firing chamber, igniting the weak excuse for an armored-unit before it exploded into flames, burning everything in a 15 meter radius as multiple explosions rang from the crater. He dashed the Titan to the left to scan the remaining street, and was greeted by one more tank. A light flickered from the small crack at the front, indicating that they were about to fire. Before they could, though, Joshua activated the Particle Shield, and constructed a wall of blue light in front of the Titan. When their cannon fired, the projectile warped into nothingness as it made contact with the field. Joshua, however, was able to fire through it just fine, as he then reduced the thing to dust before a stray round sparked the powder inside the vehicle.

As Joshua took in the result of the skirmish and examined the damage, he saw a group of six familiar Ponies standing by an alley, and behind them, a squad of Griffon troops, ready to kill.

Author's Note:

If you could please comment when you read the chapter, that would be great, thanks.

Also, taking a break for a while because I need to focus on school. Sorry.

Will have updates regularly again starting May 15, though, so...

Yeah, please comment, for about 5-10 per chapter, because I crave comments, good and bad.