• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 8,386 Views, 520 Comments

Titanfall: New Horizons - Necrogen Lord



Militia Pilot Joshua finds Equestria at war and decides to take names and assist ponies.

  • ...
25
 520
 8,386

Chapter 12

Shining Armor waited as the Express Train from the Crystal Empire speedily bobbed along the railroad towards Ponyville. He had heard about the Griffon siege on the small town, and banded together a mass of Crystal Guards in order to help fight off the invading force. Of course, there was also the drive to protect his little sister and her friends from any harm the Bird-heads might try to bring on them, being the Elements of Harmony, and such. Cadance had told him to just let the Guards help and not put his own life at risk, but he couldn't shake off the bond he had with his little sister, just because he had an Empire to run, no. He had to fight.

After waiting on the train for 6 hours, and donning his Captain Uniform once more, and moved near a window to observe the battle that should be taking place at the moment. Except when he looked out towards the area that held Ponyville, he saw the town was littered in debris from what looked like fallen airships. There were giant red sheets across entire sections of the town that marked where the Balloons had fallen, as well as flaming piles of rubble that were once buildings. He saw a massive number of golden-armored Guards moving about the town, picking up pieces of fallen ships and structures, moving fast to clean up the carnage left by the war-hungry beasts to the east.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the train doors slid open as the speeding mass of Crystal and Iron came to a stop at the slightly-damaged Ponyville Station. Shining Armor stepped out slowly as his Guards moved forwards in confusion, looking about the scenery as if they had just been woken up from a nap. They expected a full-on battle against blood-thirsty Griffons, not for the battle to be over already and to help clean up the mess. The former-Captain watched as a Solar Guard galloped up to him and bowed.

"Prince Armor, sir." The Guard said as he lowered his head into his forelegs.

"At ease, soldier." Shining Armor replied.

The Guard stood back up and addressed the white Unicorn.

"We had no idea that you would be coming, sir, let alone with Guards of your own to help." The Pegasus stated.

"What happened here? I thought the Griffons were invading with a fleet of 60 War-Balloons."

"They did, sir."

Shinning Armor looked the Guard straight in the eye as he continued to speak.

"And how did we win without loosing too much of Ponyville? Did Princess Celestia scare them back? Did Princess Luna have something to do with this?"

The Guard shook his head.

"No, sir. In fact, we didn't even manage to bring a single Guard here before the fighting stopped."

Shinning Armor felt his heart drop to his hooves as he swallowed hard.

"The Griffons, did they take anypony?" He asked with a voice void of any emotion.

"No, sir. They were completely defeated."

"You just said that we didn't get any guards here in time to fight them off, how did we manage to win?"

The Guard merely raised a hoof and pointed towards the mountain range behind him. When Shinning turned around, his jaw nearly dropped off his skull when he saw a massive block of green and orange metal in the distance. Around it were multiple flying dots that seemed to either circle it like prey, or guard it like a hive. He turned back to the Guard, a slight hint of fear in his voice.

"What is that?"

"Celestia told us that it's an alien ship, and that the aliens on board it came down and personally escorted the Griffons straight to Tartarus. That, and they want to continue to help us as long as we help them."

Shinning Armor cleared his throat and tried to sound like his former Captain persona.

"Help them with what?"

The Guard merely moved to the side and waved Armor over towards the town.

"In the center of the Market District, where the Golden Oaks Library is, I believe that your sister and her friends are going to leave with some of the aliens and take a tour of their ship. If you want, you could ask them if you could come along and speak with their leader."

Shinning Armor quickly shot past the Guard as he called out to his troops.

"All Crystal Guards, assist with clean-up while I talk to these 'aliens'!"

Before he could hear their collective response, Armor had turned the corner and began to book it towards his sister's home. Within the span of a few minutes, he had seen piles of Griffon bodies, massive chunks of burnt and twisted pieces of metal, and almost no Pony casualties. When he finally rounded one last corner, he gazed upon a massive contraption that stuck out like an exploding horn.

The mass of unknown substances simply waited there, in front of him as his eyes washed over every inch of its outside form. He took in the dark green and orange of the exterior as a sign of loyalty to some kind of faction, as the mass of metal he had seen earlier had the same drab color scheme. Before he could get any closer, however, the sides opened up and let twin platforms fall to the ground. When they touched down, the Library opened up and let out a certain collection of mares.

"Shinning!"

Armor turned towards the sound of the familiar voice and beamed as he began to gallop towards the welcome sight.

"Twily!"

Armor tackled his little sister into a massive hug as she held on tightly to him, no doubt out of fear of loosing him again. He began to run a hoof across her mane as she nuzzled his neck with a small trace of tears falling from both of their eyes. When she let go, Armor held her out in front of him and smiled warmly at her. He gazed behind his little sister and saw her friends smiling warmly at the two. With just a slight crane of the neck, his gaze then dropped to a more shocked outlook.

Before him, and behind the mares, were three bipedal creatures that had pale, fur-less faces and wore some kind of cloth-based green and orange uniform. One had a red cross on its shoulder, and carried a massive grey and orange club in an odd fashion. The other two were wearing a nearly identical uniform, however, and each carried a light-brown club they carried in a similar, strange way. The three moved towards the metallic object as the one in the middle called out towards the mares.

"Come on!" It called with a wave of its upper leg. "You wanna go, we gotta go now!"

The mares all turned towards the aliens and began to make way towards one of the openings in the machine. Twilight tried to move out of her brother's grasp, but was stopped short by his pull.

"Twily, what's going on here? What are those?"

"Shinning, they're called Humans, and they're going to let us see their ship! Isn't that- wait, why are you here?"

"I heard that Ponyville was under attack, so I gathered up all of my available Gaudsponies and came over as fast as I could. I didn't expect to see... aliens. How can you trust them? They just come out of nowhere and-"

"Hey!" Another alien called out. "Twilight, you coming?"

She turned towards the alien and then back to her brother.

"Shinning, if you want to, you can come with us and see the aliens for yourself. I bet you could talk to the Captain, since he said he'd meet us there!"

Armor looked between the aliens and her sister before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Alright. But, I'm going to be keeping an eye on you, alright? I'm not going to let any of them hurt you."

Twilight beamed towards her brother before galloping into the metal thing. Armor slowly approached but was stopped by the first alien.

"Whoa, where do you think you're going?" It spoke to him.

Armor glared up at the creature before coldly replying.

"I'm going to watch over my sister."

The alien glared back, but moved back to let him into the metal object.

Armor stepped on carefully, as to not slip on the metallic floor of the contraption, before being motioned towards one of the seats by his sister. With some effort, he managed to climb up into it and sat on his haunches before facing the other two aliens. The sides closed up as a loud high-pitched roar came from the sides of their container. Slowly, yet steadily, the box began to rise into the air. Seconds passed, and soon he was looking at Ponyville from a second-story height, then a third-story height, a Pegasus-like height, until finally, they were nearly 50 meters into the air. The craft shook a bit beneath him before it lurched forwards faster than any train he had ever been on.

\\\\\\//////

The Griffon General washed his feathers atop his chest in deep thought, trying to remember why he had sent out an order for several fleets to attack Equestria. As the water soaked through his coat, a strange sensation rose from the back of his eyes, forcing him to rub his temples. He looked into the mirror before him and watched in horror as purple gas began to steam out from his eyes, slowly being enveloped by a searing pain. Before he could scream, however, there was a deep laugh that shook his very mind.

"Soon," The voice started, "I will show Equestria what it means to fear."

General Blood-Claw began to scratch at his face while trying to speak.

"Wha- What are you!? Get out!" The Griffon cried as he began to knock over bars of soap and a nearby vase.

"I am a King, and you will obey me as such, General." The voice hissed out before the Griffon blacked out from pain.

\\\\\\//////

Sombra finally managed to subside the pesky Griffon before assuming control of its pathetic form.

'This is ridiculous,' The King thought to himself, 'I am a ruler, not some petty thief of minds and bodies. Those Equestrians are so determined to be without a true King, then I will see to it that they never see the light of my rule. If only I didn't need this form, I would just take what is rightfully mine, and wipe out all of Celestia's little Ponies, and become the one and only ruler of this world.'

With a final tug at the uniform, Sombra looked at his possession's form in the mirror. He was now a black and grey Griffon with a large red beak, and an awful sense for what makes a meal, judging by the Tartarus-awful taste in his mouth. Sombra turned the body over towards the massive doors in front of him before pushing them open with all of the body's might. The massive plates of wood and metal went flying outwards, almost crushing the poor Guards who were unlucky enough to be assigned to the highest-ranking officer in the Griffon Military.

Sombra forced the body to casually stride down the stone hallways of the Griffon Base, passing by salutes and bows from staff and military alike. When he finally reached the room that peaked his interests, the doors opened for him, allowing several Griffons to come up to him with wide smiles.

"Sir," A white and brown Griffon started, "We have news from the Diamond Territory. The Dogs have agreed to wage War against the Equestrians alongside our forces. They're bringing in their Big Dogs, and are looking into areas of interest to attack."

Sombra grabbed at the parchment before tossing it aside.

"Of course they're joining us. We have the most superior Military. Joining the Equestrians is a death-wish."

Another Griffon came up to Sombra's side with a scroll.

"Sir," The grey and yellow Griffon started, "we've received word from the Scouts to the North. They've found what you told them about."

Sombra managed to smirk, both physically and inwardly, at the news brought before him.

"Really, now? What do they say?" Sombra asked.

"Well, they say that the statue has been glowing strangely at some points, but hasn't put a damper on their progress of relocating it. They should be back with it in a month's time."

"Excellent."

Sombra continued his pace forwards until he reached a table with a map that showed the movement of his forces and locations of future attacks. Ponyville was currently surrounded on all sides by massive Airships, and was then etched off of the map by a support staff member. As the Griffons began to move about, Sombra smiled widely to himself.

'Now that the Elements are out of the picture, I can finally-'

"SIRS!" A voice screeched.

Sombra looked up towards a heavily panting Griffon that had half of his coat caked in blood. His armor was torn in several places, and small holes riddled his torso's lower half. He fell before Sombra and began to cough up blood.

"The... attack on P-Ponyville... we, *cough, cough,*... were ambushed. They... came from above... they were small... so, frail, yet... tore us apart..."

The staff among the room began to exchange looks before one of the Generals angrily stomped up to the soldier.

"You were ambushed and stopped by Ponies!?" The General screamed.

"N-no... two... legs... not Dogs, not Mino, *cough, cough,* taurs... something, new... they... aliens..."

With that final breath, the Griffon coughed up a puddle of blood, and even a chunk of what looked to be a, previously, internal organ before dying right in front of them.

Sombra switched his gaze from the body that lay before him and stared out towards the skies above.

'So, they picked the Equestrians, hmm?' The King thought to himself. 'No matter. I'll just show them what to fear now instead of later. Besides, I won't be stuck like this for long, now.'

"Couriers," Sombra called out with the General's body, "ready a message to the Dogs. They attack the place known as, Apploosa, in one month from now. And make sure they bring their Big Dogs. Leave no survivors."

With that order, Sombra switched his focus back to the internal realm of Darkness that he became accustomed to, and moved a white piece on a meta-physical chess board, knocking over one of his black pieces.

'This game has become interesting, now, hasn't it Celestia? No worry for me, though. I'll simply use the advantage of size. Sooner of later, dear Princess, either you or me, one of us Titans, will soon fall.'