• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 8,410 Views, 520 Comments

Titanfall: New Horizons - Necrogen Lord



Militia Pilot Joshua finds Equestria at war and decides to take names and assist ponies.

  • ...
25
 520
 8,410

Chapter 16

Shining Armor watched as the alien began to walk him and Twilight through some hallways as they spoke in what could only be described as a different language.

"... so when the compounds begin to ignite within the chamber," Twilight continued.

"The energy dispersed can be harvested used to not only compress the mass of the object within a certain space," Wesley continued as well.

"Then send the ship through the pocket at normal speed in that pocket, while the anomaly itself travels at the desired speed without exerting too much force on the ship itself! That's amazing!"

While he didn't know most of what they were saying, he knew that Twilight was at least making the most of it, having asking questions galore as the lot of them were lead deeper in the alien vessel.

"Exactly! I don't know why no one wants to talk about this kind of stuff, right?" Wesley asked.

"Right! This is so amazing!" Twilight agreed.

"Excuse me," Shining spoke up, "but where are we going, again?"

"Oh, right! We're heading to the Engine room. That's where you wanted to go, right, Twilight?"

Twilight nodded excitedly as she moved up next to him.

"So, what kind of fuel do you use?"

"Well," Wesley started.

'Oh no, please don't start again,' Shining prayed.

Just as they were about to start conversing, a tapping met his shoulder, and he turned around to find another one of the Human soldiers. This one wore full body armor, covering up all of its skin. It was similar to Joshua, but instead of a star-burst helmet pattern, it had several small cameras across its helmet. All around the shoulders and on top of its head as well, were large mounds of leaves.

"If you wanna avoid being talked to death by Wesley, then follow me," the Human spoke quickly. "Trust me, he's barely even a kid, and Engineering's practically empty, so if you're following because of the purple one, then you don't have to worry at all."

"Wait, who are you? What do you want?"

"Heard you talk with the Captain, so I thought I'd invite you to talk with some of our other soldiers, lay down some rules, you know, that sort of stuff for while we're all here."

Before Shining could get another word in, the Pilot walked down another corridor. He took one look at Twilight and Wesley.

'She's strong, Shining. She was strong enough at the wedding, she's strong enough now,' he thought. 'If they really want me to lay down rules for them, then I'll give them rules.'

With that, Shining Armor took off after the Pilot, his hooves clanging on the metallic floor as another door opened further down.

\\\\\\//////

Fluttershy watched as Rebeca punched in another code for the lot of them, as Pinkie was occupied with Myers, comparing scopes of parties and life on farms and such.

"Why would you farm rocks, though?" Myers asked.

"Well, mainly because-" Pinkie started.

"We're here," Rebeca interrupted.

As the doors slid open, there was a slight breeze in the warm hallway, comforting the Human crew as it swept over them. Inside was a room full of colorful furniture, breaking the bland monotony of the dull greens and greys they had seen thus far. Several seats were arranged around a wall, where several events were transpiring.

Rebeca waved the rest through as Fluttershy and Pinkie watched what was going on at the other end. Several men and women were all calling stuff at the wall, where a picture moved in four separate ways, split into quarters. Four of the people were on the couch, holding strange devices as their fingers slammed multiple colors across them. The shouting intensified as a large number began to count down above the large split picture. One of the screens flashed as a dull bang erupted from the wall, and all other screens went red as everyone shouted at once.

"YES!" One woman with a device in hand shouted as she stood up. "In your faces! Triple-down! WOO!"

Several grumbles were heard as the crowd passed several chips around, some faces smiling as they received large mounds of them at a time.

"So, what's going on here?" Myers asked as he stepped close to the crowd.

They all turned to see the Pilots and ponies walk up to the couch, and watched the aliens.

Rebeca smirked as she addressed the guests.

"These are our fellow Pilots, as you can see by how they carry themselves so highly and properly," she joked.

Several laughs were heard as the one who cheered spoke.

"Only the fanciest mannerisms for our guests."

"And where were those mannerisms during lunch?" one of them asked.

"Why don't you check with someone who cares, loser!" she barked with a smile, turning to the other Pilot.

"She probably left them with her virginity, down in Engineering, am I right!?" another shouted, earning several laughs from the others.

"Quit yer bitchin' nannies!" Myers shouted. "In case you forgot, we've got guests here."

Pinkie galloped past the CQC specialist and jumped over the couch before landing between several Pilots, smiling a storm.

"Hi everypony! My name's Pinkie Pie! And I want to get in on this fun group, right here!"

"Damn right, you do!" one of them barked.

The noise afterwards was enough to drown out whatever Pinkie may have been able to say, as the lot of Pilots began to excitedly converse with the pink pony. Fluttershy smiled lightly as Pinkie began making so many new friends at once, smiling brightly enough to put Celestia's Sun to shame. She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to see Rebeca smiling down at her.

"Wanna see something cool?" she asked.

Fluttershy looked back to see Pinkie holding one of the devices and looking at the screen with three other Pilots, all welcoming her to the game. On the wall, a symbol that looked like a playground slide came up in the middle of a circle, with the number 3 at the top right corner. Pinkie was so enthralled by the display of lights and the cheers from around her, Fluttershy thought that she best be left to her own devices.

With a smile on her face, the pegasus looked up to Rebeca and nodded.

"Awesome. Little guy's gonna love ya, trust me," she added before moving down another hallway.

"Wait," Fluttershy spoke, perking her ears up, "'little guy'?"

"He's a little lizard I picked up on one of our deployments, but I've got him hidden away in my room. Trust me, he's adorable."

Fluttershy practically felt her heart give way as she pondered the possibility of an alien lizard being only a short walk away.

"Oh my gosh! An alien lizard!" she cheered to herself as she walked behind the Pilot.

Author's Note:

I'll have more in the next 3 days.

Pinkie Promise.

Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.