• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 4,831 Views, 243 Comments

Heroes of Harmony - Honeytongue



Twilight and Spike go through the mirror and find themselves in the Kung Fu Panda universe.

  • ...
8
 243
 4,831

Prologue

Author's Note:

MLP:FiM and EG belong to Hasbro, the Hub and Lauren Faust

Kung Fu Panda belongs to Dreamworks.

Over two years had passed since Po, the Furious Five, and other Kung-Fu masters defeated the evilness of Lord Shen and his army. Since then, China lived under continuous peace and prosperity...or so it seemed. Until one day, when a goose came crashing into the Training Hall courtyard.

"Wow, good thing we haven't started training yet." The Dragon Warrior remarked, as he and the others rushed towards the fallen waterfowl.

"Quick, Mantis, go fetch Zeng!" Grandmaster Shifu told the praying mantis. "She seems to have been through a long rough flight."

When they got closer, they could see how right Shifu was. There were holes in her yellow garment, missing grey feathers plucked from her body, and signs of bruises and scratches along the exposed areas. Tigress' eyes seemed to harden more than usual, as she examined this. "Looks like the work of Crow bandits." She growled.

"Are you alright?" Viper asked the goose, who was trying to get up while panting heavily.

"I'm..." the goose tried to reply between breaths. "I'm..I'm alright." She opened her eyes finally, revealing them to be pointing in different directions.

"You don't exactly look alright." Crane pointed out.

"Is...Is this...the...Jade...Palace?" the goose asked.

"Yes it is." Shifu answered as he approached her. "And I am Master Shifu. Who might you be?"

"Dezhi." the goose replied and handed Shifu a scroll that she was still clinging on tightly to her webbed feet. "From...Ma-...Mast...Master Lian."

"Master Lian!" Shifu gasped as he opened the scroll up.

"Master Lian?!" Po said enthusiastically. "The Master Lian?!"

"Who is Master Lian?" Monkey asked in confusion. The others seemed to be just as confused as he was.

"You guys don't know who Master Lian is?" Po asked in surprise. "Eldest of the two legendary Celestial Sisters?"
Four shaking heads answered him. Before Po could tell them; Mantis, Zeng, and two other servant geese, carrying a stretcher-bearer, had just rushed into the courtyard. As they approached Dezhi to put her on the stretcher-bearer, Shifu turned his attention away from the scroll and towards Zeng.

"Put her someplace cool and comfortable." he instructed the goose. "Give her plenty of water to drink, and have her injuries attended to."

"Right away Master Shifu." Zeng replied and bowed. As the four geese departed from the Training Hall courtyard, Shifu returned to reading the scroll. Meanwhile, Po started explaining to the Five about who the Celestial Sisters were. Po, being the ultimate fan-boy of Kung Fu, seemed to know almost everything and everyone that was involved with it. At times, this even amazed the other masters, who had been doing Kung Fu longer than him.

"The Celestial Sisters are the two co-ruling Kung Fu master siblings, of the legendary Land of Harmony. Different from each other as day and night, yet equal in their martial prowess. Like two powerful peas in a pod of Awesomeness! Said to have been rescued when they were young by Master Oogway himself, from the evil bondage of cruel kidnappers. From that moment on, they trained together, under Ooogway's teachings, and became a deadly dynamic duo of dread to all doers of no-good. They defeated the Demon of Mount Lung-Ma, subdued the Sapphire King of Suxi, and totally Kayoed the Queen of the Golden Jackal Clan. With the Celestial Sisters watching over them, from the Palace of Blooming Lotus, the people of the Land of Harmony have lived happily there-"

"Until now." Shifu interrupted gravely, as he stopped reading the scroll and faced his students.

"Until Now!" Po repeated Shifu's words dramatically. Suddenly realizing what he had said, he turned to Shifu in confusion. "Wait, what?"

"There is a new threat to the Land of Harmony, one that the Celestial Sisters have been unable to remove. A young warlord and her bandit army have been using the surrounding forest mountains to cut it off from the rest of China."

"Woah, that's gotta be one big army then." Po muttered.

"That would strongly suggest how and why Dezhi got attacked by crow bandits." Tigress remarked. "They probably don't want any outside help being sent to stop them."

"Which is exactly why Master Lian has asked us to come help stop this warlord." Shifu said.

"Really?" Po asked excitedly. "Awesome! We are going right?"

"Of course we are. I knew Master Lian from a long while back." Shifu replied as he rolled the scroll up. "We must gather what we need for three days travel."

"Alright, Yeah! Let's go get...ummm...Who is it we're going to stop anyways?"

"I'm not really sure Po." Shifu glanced at the Dragon Warrior. "The warlord's name is not Chinese in origin. All that Master Lian wrote were five characters: Sun-Shan Shi-Ma-Er."