• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 4,832 Views, 243 Comments

Heroes of Harmony - Honeytongue



Twilight and Spike go through the mirror and find themselves in the Kung Fu Panda universe.

  • ...
8
 243
 4,832

Chapter 1: On the Other Side

Twilight Sparkle slowly opened her eyes, while trying to recall what had happened after entering the mirror, when she suddenly heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"Umm..Twilight?" said the voice of Spike, the baby dragon.

Twilight figured he must have followed after her, even though Princess Celestia had specifically said she was to do this mission alone.

"Spike?!" She replied to her long time friend, companion, assistant and adopted little brother, "you're not suppose to be-"

But before she could finish, her eyes had finally opened wide and in focus, revealing a round furry black and white face looking at her.
"Spike? Are you a...panda?!"

The face backed up to show a giant panda cub. It wore a strange little emerald green hat, a light green and purple vest, and purple shorts. The panda looked at its fur and clothes for a brief moment, before returning to Twilight.

"I think so," it answered in Spike's voice.

"You sure have grown...bigger."

"Actually," panda Spike said hesitantly. "I think you've gotten smaller."

"What are you talking about?" Twilight asked as she looked down at where her front hooves would usually be.

Instead of hooves, there were two long lavender sleeves, with pink and purple stripe designs on the cuffs. At the end of the sleeves were two dark brown oval-shaped paws. Twilight gasped and then started to scream, which soon turned into a slightly high pitch 'meow'. Shocked and embarrassed, she covered her mouth with her 'paws'.

She slowly lifted them up at eye level, so she could have a closer look. They resembled cat paws, except the digits seemed a bit longer. She started flexing and wiggling them, but then several claws came out. Even though she somehow managed to sheathe them back in, her mind was now in a growing state of panic, as she began feeling and observing the rest of her body.

Her head was round, with triangular ears, and no mane or horn! Her muzzle had shortened into a modified wedge shape, with several whiskers along the sides of her mouth. Her teeth were long and pointy, and her tongue was rough on the surface. She wore a lavender robe with indigo trimming, a design like her cutie mark, and an indigo sash wrapped around her waist. Lifting one of her hind legs up, she could see her ankle was wrapped in a pink and purple cloth, and what appeared to be a topless shoe on her dark brown paw. Her tail was long, slender, wispy and dark brown.

"I'm...I'm a Cat!" Twilight spoke finally.

"Took long enough?" Spike remarked as he was scratching himself from behind.

"Oh no! This is not good at all," Twilight said to herself out-loud, "if I'm cat, and I don't have my horn anymore...That means I can't do any magic! And if I can't do any magic..."

Twilight's heart beat was racing fast, her breathing short, her eyes widened, and her mouth hung opened as it was just about to make a sound. Suddenly a black paw covered her entire face.

"Are you going to scream again?" Spike asked.

Twilight shook her head, and the paw was removed, allowing her to breathe.

"Come on Twilight, you've got to pull it together now."

Hearing Spike say that, Twilight started to calm herself down by taking a couple of long deep breaths.
"Okay."

Spike started looking around and asked, "So...where exactly are we?"

Twilight realized she did not know where they were. She had been too busy getting over the shock of her new body, and to a lesser extent Spike's, to pay any attention. She noticed that they were in what appeared to be some kind of park or garden. It wasn't like anything she had seen before.

Turning around, she saw behind her a large rock, that seemed to resemble a turtle sitting cross-legged.

"I'm not sure," she finally answered, "but I think this must be the portal back to Equestria."

She went over and touched the rock, and it started to shine, just like the mirror had done before, as her entire arm went right through. To her surprise, she could see her arm past the shimmering surface of the stone, except it had turned back into her familiar lavender pony foreleg. When she pulled it out from the stone, much to her disappointment, the sleeved cat-like arm replaced it again.

Focusing her mind back to the present situation, she said with determination; "We need to find my crown and get back there as soon as possible."

Glancing up, she saw what appeared to be a strange white castle-like structure off in the distance.

"I suggest we start searching for it in that castle first."

"Works for me," Spike said, as he picked up a rucksack that was similar to Twilight's saddle-bag, in colour and cutie mark design.

"Come on Spike, hop on!" Twilight said, as she got on all fours. Just after the words left her mouth, she remembered she was not a pony anymore. "Oh." She said sheepishly.

Spike starred blankly at her, before walking towards a near by path, with the rucksack slung over his shoulder.

"Yeah, that's probably not a good idea," he muttered.

They followed the path, but hadn't gone too far, when they heard the sounds of running from behind. Turning around, they were surprised to see two she-wolves rushing towards them. One had white fur, wore a blue and turquoise robe, and purple spectacles. The other had dark and light gray fur, wore a pink robe with white trimming, and was carrying a two-stringed instrument along with a bow. The two wolves were both twice the size of either Twilight or Spike. Twilight felt her back arch up and the fur along her body standing on end as they came closer.