• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 338 Views, 1 Comments

Battle for Equestria - PsychoPony58



20 years in a dark future. The Elements of Harmony are lost, and Queen Chrysalis and her changelings have ravaged a war against the Royal Sisters. It's up to Twilight and her friends to stop her.

  • ...
 1
 338

Chapter 1: The Everfree Forest

Introduction

20 years in a deep desolate future in Equestria, the changelings have ravaged a war against the kingdom of Canterlot. We are fighting our hardest and have lost many to the battle. I don’t know how much more we can take. The Elements of Harmony have recently gone missing, or have possibly been stolen. We have to recover them before they fall into the wrong hands. Who knows what destruction could happen if it were to be found by the changeling queen. Princess Celestia has tasked us with the mission to find the elements before someone else does. Only we can stop the horrors, the six chosen ones.

Chapter 1

“So where are we going now ya'll?” asked Applejack.

“We’re beginning our search in the Everfree Forest.” Said Twilight.

“But th...that’s dangerous.” Proclaimed Fluttershy.

“Come on Fluttershy we've gone through there a bunch of times we can handle this.” Exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

“Let’s go then everypony, and then when all of this is over we can have a huge party to celebrate!” Shouted Pinkie Pie.

“I hope we aren’t out there too long it’ll rain soon and I don’t want my hair getting wet.” Said Rarity.

The ponies begin their travel down the dark path into the Everfree Forest. They traversed through the bubbly swamp and past the sleeping hydra. Although the search was abruptly interrupted by a pack of dragons that seemed to be migrating. They came to a stop to confront the ponies.

“What are you doing in the Everfree Forest? You know you could get killed out here.” said the scaled beast with a hiss.

“Step aside dragon we are looking for the Elements of Harmony.” Said Twilight.

“Do you think we’re going to listen to you little pony. Maybe we should just cut out your throats and eat you limb by limb.”

“No stop!” Said another dragon in the back.

“It’s Spike.” Said Twilight. Spike, now a fully grown dragon, but still had the heart of a true friend saved his old friends lives.

“You know these ponies Spike?” “Yes, they’re my friends from a while back.” Explained Spike.

“Spike it’s been so long.” Said Twilight.

“Yes, I know. About those Elements, we can scour the land in search for them if you need us.”

“Thank you Spike it would help a lot. All of Equestria is in turmoil from the attack of the changelings.”

“We know, they’ve been trying to take us down and persuade us to join their cause but we refused.”

“Good to hear Spike. You should start the search as soon as possible.”

“Of course, we’ll report back if we find anything.” They then flew off into the dark sky.

The six of them decided to check the old ruins of the ancient sister’s castle. They each decided to spilt up and check each room of the castle.

“Ok Rainbow Dash you check the Grand Hall, Fluttershy you check the dungeon, Rarity you see what’s in the Throne Room, Pinkie Pie you check the bedrooms, Applejack you check the kitchen, and I’ll search at The Tree of Harmony." Said Twilight.

Rainbow Dash flew through the Great Hall, amazed by how tall the structure was. It was even taller than the Hall in the Canterlot Castle. As she was staring at the incredibly tall ceiling she noticed something odd. It looked like there was a creature standing atop the support beams staring right back at her. She jolted back a little in fear of what it might be.

“What is that thing?” Rainbow Dash whispered to herself.

The creature then flew straight in her general direction. Its figure grew bigger by the second as it came towards her. The creature then tackled her and thrust her into an old weary pillar. The pillar began to crumble down almost crushing Rainbow, but she bolted out of the way before she could meet her demise. As the creature walked into the tiny light gleaming from cracks in the ceiling its true self was revealed. It was one of Chrysalis’ changelings. The flesh on the beast was cracked and filled with holes. Rainbow Dash flew towards the beast while slowly pulling her hoof back about to punch it. Rainbow forced the creature’s body to fly back into one of the old looming walls in the castle. It was in a daze of confusion and pain. Holding its chest, it flew out through the crack in the ceiling.

“That’s right run you coward.” Yelled Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy slowly walked towards the dungeon with a look of fear on her face. When she arrived in the cobweb filled room her eyes sank into the back of her head and her heart started beating with extreme force. It was filled with various torture devices, like branding rods and tables made to stretch your hooves out until they were ripped apart.

“Oh dear.” Said Fluttershy in a quiet high pitched voice.

The room held many empty cells where ponies would go to be tortured for their crimes. It had a stench of dead flesh and old maggots. The skeletons of the dead were in a large pile in the back of the room. Fluttershy stared at the pile with extreme terror in her eyes. The pile seemed as if it were shaking. Her hair stood on edge. Then something slowly started to emerge from the pile of bones. It was one of Chrysalis’ children. The dead looking changeling started to rush towards Fluttershy like a bull. Fluttershy jumped out of the way just before it could hit her. The changeling then began another run towards her. Her pupils decreased in size and she closed her eyes and started to scream. The monster held its ears in pain. The noise started to disrupt its eardrums. The beast ran out of the dungeon in fear that it might go deaf. When Fluttershy opened her eyes she breathed a sigh of relief.

Rarity slowly roamed the Throne Room with a look of awe on her face. The room was old and dusty, but in her mind she imagined what this room could have once resembled. She admired all the ancient furnishings. She had a keen eye for design and fashion.

“Oh, what fabulous décor.” Said Rarity.

Her eyes averted to what seemed like a small empty room near the throne area. As she walked inside she saw a huge mirror. She then started to admire her reflection.

“My my Rarity, you look just stunning.” Said she in third person.

Her reflection seemed as if it didn’t precisely match up with the way she moved. The false image then emerged from the mirror. It was only a changeling disguised as her. Rarity backed away with a shocked look on her face. The beast looked her straight in the eyes and transformed back into his original form. His decrepit skin and dead eyes showed how vile he was. The monster tackled Rarity to the ground and was about to rip her apart when Rarity saw a lasso wrap around the beast and pulled him away. Rarity stood up and saw Applejack standing there and was hogtieing it.

“Thank you Applejack, I don’t know what would’ve happened if you didn’t come by.” Said Rarity in a happy mood.

“No problem Rarity. I just noticed you getting attacked while I was on my way to the kitchen.” Said Applejack. “Did you find anything leading to the elements?”

“No just that ruffian.” Exclaimed Rarity.

“Well you want to come with me to the kitchen?” Asked Applejack.

“Sure, it will probably better than staying in this place.” Said Rarity.

Applejack and Rarity traveled together to the kitchen of the castle. They arrived to find an old medieval kitchen. The smell of expired food lingered all through the room.

“This place is horrid.” Said Rarity.

“Well what do you expect it’s a very old kitchen with possibly rotting food?” Said Applejack.

The place was extremely dark as there was no windows or lights. Rarity then used a spell to light the room. They could now see the old ancient food sitting all over the counters and tables. The looked all around to see if there were any clues to where the elements were, but nothing could be found. Just then the sound of a loud roar came from the second floor. Applejack and Rarity slowly walked up the stairs as the sound increased in volume. They reached the door where the sound was coming from and saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy also at the door wondering what the sound was.

“So I’m guessing ya’ll heard that noise to?” Asked Applejack.

“Yea I could, especially in the hall because of the echoes.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“What do you th…think it could be?” Asked Fluttershy.

“It sounds like some sort of dragon.” Said Rarity.

“A d…dragon?” Asked Fluttershy with a look of extreme fear on her face.

“Well whatever it is we can handle it.” Said Rainbow.

They slowly crept the door open inch by inch. They each poke their heads through, and what they saw they couldn’t believe. It was Pinkie Pie sleeping in one of the beds. They each a look of relief on their faces. They walked up to the bed and woke Pinkie.

“Is it day time already?” Asked Pinkie.

“Jeeze Pinkie you scared us. We thought there was some sort of monster in here” Said Rainbow Dash.

“Oh was I snoring, ha ha ha.” Laughed Pinkie.

They each had a good laugh until they heard a scream coming from outside. They ran to check. It was Twilight surrounded by a group of changelings. They all ran down immediately to save Twilight from the monsters. Applejack kicked one as hard as she could flying him into a pile of hard rocks. Rainbow Dash Smashed into one so hard that it was knocked completely unconscious. Pinkie blew a party whistle in ones ear and made cry in pain as Pinkie laughed. Rarity slapped one in the face with her tail, and Fluttershy hid behind a bush. The changelings flew off out of fear of more pain, and Twilight’s friends went to go see if she was alright.

“Are you okay darling?” Asked Rarity.

“Yes I’m fine.” Said Twilight. “I think I’ve found something that might lead us to where the elements are, but I’m not sure what exactly this is. I found it inside the ground sticking out slightly in front of the Tree of Harmony.”

She pulled out a crystal from her satchel that looked like a sun inside of a moon.

“I don’t know but the princess must know about this. It could possibly be a new element.” Said Twilight.

Each of them regrouped, and made their way back home. They sent their letter to Princess Celestia.

“Take this to the princess ASAP.” Said Twilight.

“Okie-dokie Twilight.” Said Derpy.

Derpy then flew to Canterlot and delivered the letter to the Princess.

“No luck yet, but they have recruited the dragons to help find the Elements and it seems they’ve found what seems to be another element.” Celestia said talking to herself.

“Come quickly sister, Queen Chrysalis has arrived.” Yelled Princess Luna.

“Hello Princesses, I have come to take my throne.” Said Chrysalis.

“You’ll never win Chrysalis.” Said Celestia.

“Oh really well maybe I’ll just have to take your sister then.” Said Chrysalis with a scheming look on her face.

A bolt of magic burst from Chrysalis’ horn and shot at Luna.

“What’s going on?” Said Luna confused.

Her body and mind then transformed into Nightmare Moon.

“No!” Yelled Celestia.

“How have you done this?”

“Oh it’s just a little spell I learned.” Said Chrysalis with a laugh.

“Now it looks like your sister has joined me in this battle of good and evil.”

“What’s your plan Chrysalis?” asked Celestia with a fierce look on her face.

“I will slowly dissolve your minds and all you know and you shall all be replaced with my children so they can feed on your very existence.” Explained Chrysalis. “I will rule Equestria like I should’ve years ago.”

“You will be defeated Chrysalis. The chosen ones will bring you down like they did before.” Said Celestia.

“Oh I’m so scared. Do you really believe they will bring me down? I will slowly break their spirit with my mind games soon enough.” Said Chrysalis.

“Everypony I have received news from Princess Celestia that Princess Luna has been transformed into Nightmare Moon by Queen Chrysalis.” Announced Twilight. Everyone gasped as they went into a state of fright.

“Don’t worry everypony, we will find the Elements of Harmony and defeat Queen Chrysalis and end this war.” Said Twilight with a definite look on her face.

The town seemed assured of what she said knowing of her past and how she saved the town from danger more than once. They applauded with cheer and happiness. Twilight on the other hand felt nervous and unsure of what might happen. She thought to herself,

“What if me and my friends can’t defeat Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon?”

The thought that the safety of all of Equestria relied on her and her friends weighed her spirits down. Especially since they have no idea where the elements are.

Author's Note:

Please give me some feedback, and tell me if you enjoy it or if I should improve some.

Comments ( 1 )

Let me get this straight: you're saying you started this story without a plan, with no idea where you were going to take it? I can tell you right now with absolute certainty: you will never finish this story. You'll tire of it after a few chapters. I've seen many people make that same mistake, myself included. Even if you don't tire of it, the lack of a plan will cause your story's plot to suffer.

You need to have your entire story planned out before you write the first chapter. You don't need to have the details, but you do need to have a general idea of what's going to happen.

Now to judge the content you do have... I'm not impressed. The plot is quite rushed, which is surprising for a story with a word count over 2,000. I also see all kinds of grammar mistakes.

You need to give FiMFiction's writing guide a long and thorough read. Click here to go to it.

Login or register to comment