• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,498 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,498

Chapter Nine:Something Lost, Something Found

Distorted World
Chapter 9-Something Lost, Something Found

The book that was lying nearby on the ground flipped open by itself, displaying a random blank page.

Fluttershy gaped at it and stated, "It's blank!"

Spike agreed. "Yeah, but Discord said it was important, so something's going on!"

Spike's theory was proven correct, as words began to appear on the page. The book was now, writing itself! Once it stopped, they both heard a 'Discordesque' voice in their heads, reciting the fresh words on the parchment.

"If you want to change someone's mind, give them something to remember the time."
They turned to each other and said in unison, "Did you hear that?" And, they both agreed that they did.

They were trying to figure out what it meant, when Spike suddenly pulled Fluttershy into an alleyway. "What was that for?" She asked.

"Shhh! Look!" Spike replied, pointing his finger at the area they had just been in.

Applejack exited a building nearby and stood outside, looking confused.

"Why is she alone?" Fluttershy wondered, "She probably, got separated from the others in the tunnels. Don't you think so, Spike? Spike?" Fluttershy turned to look at him, as he watched Applejack intently, wondering what she would do next.
He was trying to figure out what the riddle meant, and what they could do about it.

"I've got it!" Spike shouted, drawing the attention of their friend, who began to look around for its source. Before Fluttershy could ask exactly what he had gotten, he explained. "Do you remember, when Discord turned everyone into the opposite of their 'Element', and Twilight used that memory spell to change them back?"

"Yes." She answered, quietly.
"Maybe, we just have to do that again, but give them something important to unlock their forgotten memories!" Spike realized, having solved the riddle. "Tell me, Fluttershy. What's different, about Applejack? Do you notice anything missing?"

"Well, she isn't wearing her hat and she usually, wears it all the time. It's special to her, because it was her father's hat!"

"Exactly! If we can give it back to her, her memories are sure to return!" Spike said.

"Um, we're never going to be able to find it. We don't know where it is!" Fluttershy's head drooped low, with no hope in her gaze.

Spike lifted her head up with a claw and stared straight into her eyes, those beautiful eyes. The best part was that they belonged to the prettiest mare, in all of Equestria…Wait a minute, what was he thinking? He had forgotten about Rarity! He couldn't do this, because he loved Rarity, or at least, he thought so. Fluttershy was thinking something similar, but it was about how he was such a gentleman. She had the biggest crush on him, but wasn't sure what to do. She had never felt like this before, and she wasn't sure if she was ready to have a relationship.

Spike finally remembered what he was going to say, and broke the silence. "Never give up hope, Shy'. We'll find a way. Don't be afraid, because I'll be here to protect you, as long as I'm needed. Everything will be fine, I promise."

The shy mare had no idea, that those words would mean as much to her, as they did. She blushed, and looked away. "I…Thank you so much, Spike." She replied.

"No problem, Fluttershy."

The pegasus felt that something else needed to be said, as thanks. "Spike," He turned to look at her, "You know, nopony has ever been as nice to me, as you have." Only one eye peeked out, from the shade of her pink mane.

"Awww, thanks, Flutter…" He was cut off, as she quickly hugged him, holding on tightly. "…shy." He finished in surprise, but returned the gesture, happily.

A few seconds passed, then she pulled away. "I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me! I…"

"That's okay, Fluttershy. To be honest, I, uh, kinda liked it." He blushed, in embarrassment.

She didn't respond, but she was secretly, happy. He changed the topic back to Applejack's hat, and gained an idea. Spike wondered if his necklace could materialize or teleport things to him. He decided to try it out and concentrated on an image of Applejack, bucking trees while wearing her hat. Sure enough, Spike felt something in his hand, so he opened his eyes, to see the cowmare's Stetson in his grasp. He didn't realize that he had stolen it, from an earlier moment in time.
Fluttershy squeaked in surprise, at its sudden appearance.

"Where did THAT come from?" She asked.

Spike, however, acted like it was nothing, and replied, "Oh, you know, I teleported it!"

Before anything else was said, he dashed out into the alley that Applejack was looking in and placed the hat on her head from behind. Fluttershy trotted up to them, as Applejack whirled around. Her annoyed expression softened, the changes already taking effect. Her colors came back, and she gave them a tearful smile. It was clear to them, that she remembered what was lost to her, as she hugged them both. They returned the affection, then pulled away, after a moment.

"Ah'm so glad, y'all are okay! I thought, I'd never see y'all again! Also, Ah'm real sorry that I attacked y'all, but I wasn't in control of mah body." Applejack explained, glad to be reunited, after all this time.

Something was lost, and now, something had been found.

"It's all right, Applejack. We forgive you, and know that you didn't mean it." Fluttershy assured, smiling warmly.

Spike still had a question, to ask the farmpony. "Uh, Applejack, just how long, were we gone?"

As was her nature, Applejack answered honestly. "I reckon, it's been about two years. We all thought, y'all were dead!"

"Oh, okay." Spike said, calmly.

It took a moment for it to sink in, but then Spike and Fluttershy, unusually (for her) screamed, "WHAT!"