• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,492 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,492

Chapter Nineteen:A Grand Finale, Part Three

Distorted World
Chapter 19-A Grand Finale, Part Three

Outside, ponies were running all around, in unorganized formations. Most of them, collided from time to time, resulting in bruises, but they were basically unharmed. Using magic told the eight ponies gathered, that the tremors were coming from Ponyville, so they headed for the small town. Princess Celestia teleported all of them into the center of town, where the streets were deserted, for some reason. A loud ripping noise could be heard, generating the shockwaves that were causing the earthquake.

The Princess knew what it was, as she stared into the growing void. "It's starting! He's tearing a hole between dimensions! He'll be here soon, so get ready, my little ponies." Celestia ordered.

They neared the field outside the town, where the roar was deafening, and they had to shout to be heard. From the rip, a lion paw emerged, then a griffon claw, followed by the rest of the draconequs.

"Woo! That was a tight squeeze, even for me!" Discord stretched his limbs, and shook them out. "You wouldn't believe, how cramped it is in there!" He complained, rubbing his sore feet. He seemed to remember what he had come here to do, and became serious, when he noticed Princess Celestia. "Why, good afternoon, Princess. Do you want me to bow or perhaps, curtsy?

Her gaze was cold, although, it seemed to hold a tinge of regret and sadness. "I don't need anything from you."

The creature of chaos sighed, "You've changed, Celestia. You're not who you used to be."

"I haven't changed one bit. You're the one who changed, and forced my sister and I to imprison you."

"We used to be close. Forget about the so-called, 'magic of friendship'!" Discord spat the last word out with disdain, making air quotes with his fingers.

"You got what you deserved, and it's time to end this, once and for all!" Rainbow Dash declared.

Discord turned his attention to the rainbow-colored pony. "Well said, Rainbow Dash. Your true colors shine through, just like the spectrum of an actual rainbow. But, what happens, when the colors fade away?" He produced a vacuum cleaner from nowhere, and pointed it at her, chuckling, as a swirl of colors entered the nozzle, extracted from their owner.
Rainbow wasn't rainbow anymore, now just a ghost of her former self, white as a sheet.

"Hey!" She protested, irritated, "Give those back!"

"If you say so!" Discord replied in a singsong tone, flipping the switch and reversing it, blasting Rainbow Dash in the face, creating an airbrushed effect. Although, it returned to normal, fairly quickly, so she didn't have to worry about her ruined style for long.

Twilight sighed. "Let's just get this over with."

It was then, that she remembered something very important. To use the 'Elements of Harmony', you had to have them, first. They had forgotten to get them, before leaving the castle.

"You must use the 'Elements of Harmony', girls!" Celestia told them.

"Uh, Princess, we don't have them with us!" Twilight informed, in a rather unhelpful manner.

"That's where you're wrong, my little pony. The 'Elements' are always with you, no matter where you are. As bearers of the 'Elements', you harbor the spirit of them inside you. You only need to call them to your side."

"Okay, Princess, I believe you."

All of them, except Spike, focused on the image of their elements. By sheer willpower, Twilight's tiara appeared first, the others following suite. With all the 'Elements' present, they were ready to take him down. The tiara lit up and sweat formed on Twilight's brow, as the harmony spell was performed. The rainbow linked the artifacts together, as it rocketed towards its target. Discord wasn't phased by it, however, and just batted it away, causing it to rebound off of the 'Elements' and head for a new target.

Spike jumped in front of Fluttershy, so it hit him, instead. His scales deflected some of it, which slammed into an unprepared Discord, then Fluttershy. Within a minute, the stone had covered almost all of them. Discord was the last to be encased, since he was taller.

"Oh, COME on!" He shouted, in frustration.

"We have to help them!" Rainbow yelled, showing her loyalty to her friends.

"We can't do anything to help them, Rainbow Dash. Those two are the only ones who can stop him, for they share a special connection that most of us have yet to experience. They are our only hope." Celestia explained.

"But, that means…" Twilight realized, before being interrupted.

"Yes. Spike is the missing bearer, the 'Element of Passion'. I just hope that he realizes it, before it's too late." Celestia confirmed.

"I hope that we can trust Spike to protect Fluttershy." Rarity added, worried for their safety.

"What exactly is goin' on? Isn't Discord defeated?" Applejack asked. The others had the same question.

"Normally, that would be true, but they all got blasted with the same spell. They are now trapped within their own minds, having the same dream. If they lose this internal battle, then they will perish, and Discord will be free. If they win, Discord will be vanquished for good. All we can do is wish them luck, because it all depends on them, now." Princess Celestia finished, as they watched and hoped for a victory.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Darkness was present on all sides, leaving nothing visible. Spike was all alone, or at least, he thought he was.

"Fluttershy?" He whispered. "Doesn't hurt to try, I guess." He thought.

"I'm over here." He bumped into something, and felt along it. Whatever it was, was silky smooth, almost like fur. "Sp-Spike, get away from there!" She squeaked, in alarm.

"S-Sorry, it's kind of hard to see in here." Spike stuttered. A light filled the space, allowing him to see that he had bumped into her rump, and he blushed.

Discord stood close by, and they stared at him. "What? I just thought that I'd shed some light on this subject." He grinned, as 'badum-tsh!' was heard, despite there being no visible instruments to play it. They didn't respond, because they couldn't think of anything to say. "Aw, you guys are no fun!" Discord complained, blowing a raspberry. "Fine, let's get down to business. As you just heard at our arrival, Celestia said that only the winners are freed. So, we're going to have a battle, where anything goes. The only limit is your imagination, since we are in a dream." Discord informed, as they played rock, paper, scissors to determine the location of the fight.

Fluttershy got rock, Spike got paper, and Discord shaped his fingers into a gun, then fired it. The word 'bang' in capitals hit the dragon full force, knocking him into an invisible wall, which revealed itself to be a building, upon contact. The letters turned into smoke, and floated away.

"Hey, you cheated!" Fluttershy accused.

"True, but I warned you, that anything goes." Discord reminded.

Spike returned to her side, as a city shot up around them. "Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked, concerned about her coltfriend's well being. Even though he was technically a dragon, she saw him as no different than a pony that she loved. Just like he saw her, as no different than he was.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How do you think we can stop him?"

"Um, I'm not sure, but I think that we should hide."

"Why? Oh…" "How did I not notice that before?" Spike thought, as a giant-sized draconequs lumbered towards them, shaking the ground, as he went.

Fluttershy stood a good distance away, while Spike handled it. Discord brought a foot down to flatten him, but something held it back. Spike was growing into the large dragon form from his birthday, gaining the strength to hold the foot back, and toss Discord away. Unfortunately, the draconequs landed on a certain pegasus who happened to be standing in the way, and didn't react in time. Discord lost concentration, and shrunk back down to normal size, getting off of her in the process. The giant Spike picked up the tiny creature, and hurled him through at least, four building windows.

The dragon shrunk back down to normal, cradling the mangled and bloody body of Fluttershy, against his chest. He was overcome with grief, at the loss of the only mare he had ever truly loved. He wasn't a doctor, but he knew, that she couldn't have survived that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cracks began to form on Fluttershy's statue, causing the others to worry.

"I'm afraid, we're losing her. If that statue cracks completely, it means that Fluttershy has died in the dream world." Princess Celestia stated, grimly.

They all held back tears, as the cracks continued to spread.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spike came to a realization in his thoughts. He loved her. He had said it before, but never fully grasped what it meant. In that moment, the 'Element of Passion' was forged, and hope was born. A bracelet appeared on the dragon's right wrist, purple in color, with a green flaming claw emblem etched into it. It shimmered, as the light reflected off of it, like dragon scales. The element around Fluttershy's neck lit up in response, and the same emblem appeared in the center of the pink butterfly gem.

"What?" Spike muttered in shock, at the discovery of his element. Fluttershy's body was still warm, but quickly bleeding out, from her broken bones and wounds. "I wonder, if it works like in the movies. After all, I will do ANYTHING to get her back." He decided, mentally.

Spike bent down and kissed her on the lips, causing her to glow brighter than her usual yellow, and a miracle happened. Spike gaped, as her injuries disappeared, her bones popping back into place, and then returning to her normal, butter yellow color. Her eyes fluttered open, focusing on Spike, as he stood over her.

"Um, what happened?" She asked, weakly, as he hugged her. Her eyes widened, but she didn't resist him, when he pulled her into another kiss. "Mmmm…What was THAT for?" She wondered. "Not that I'm complaining."

Spike grinned, from ear to ear. "I'm just glad, that you're alive!" He replied.

"Did something happen?" She got to her feet, confused.

"I can't believe, that actually worked! It's a little cliché, but I'll take it." He thought. "Oh, uh, it's nothing." He answered.

Fluttershy gasped, in surprise, when she got a good look at him. "Sp-Spike, you have a 'Cutie mark'!"

Now it was HIS turn, to be surprised. "What? Where?" He wondered, turning and looking for it.

"It's uh, on your face." She brushed the area with her hoof, causing Spike to shiver.

'Cutie marks' were magical, so the area where one appears is sensitive. The skin was softer there, than the rest of his body. He imagined a shard of glass, and used it to look at his reflection. The mark was on his left cheek, and it was the same emblem, that was on his bracelet.

"That's awesome, but I thought, that dragons couldn't get 'Cutie marks'."

"Well, normally, that's true, but the magic in your element, must have allowed it to be possible." Fluttershy reasoned. She had read a book on dragons before, as well as seen a few of them, so she knew the basics about their race.

"Huh, who knew? I was the seventh 'Element', all along!" Spike admired his element, and noticed Fluttershy's new addition to hers. "Whoa, Shy', your element has two gems on it!"


She looked at it, in awe. "So does yours!" She told him.

Spike hadn't noticed that his bracelet now had her cutie mark on it, too. "I don't know how to use my element, but we have to stop Discord!" Spike shouted, determined to end it.

The draconequs appeared beside them, with a few scratches from the throw. "Ugh, it took FOREVER to pick out all of those glass shards! I'll make you pay for that!" Discord promised, not amused.

"The only thing you'll get is an I.O.U, because that debt isn't getting paid." Spike stated, firmly.

"Whatever, you can't beat me!" Discord scoffed.

Spike and Fluttershy had no idea what they were about to do, but they were just following their hearts, and doing what felt right to them, for some reason.

"Let's do it, Fluttershy!"

"Okay!" She nodded, as they linked hands (although Fluttershy has hooves, it's easier to refer to them as hands, collectively) combining their power. The elements lit up on their own, ready to do their job.

"Passion!"

"Kindness!"

"Our elements combine to make, 'Love'! 'Fluttering Flames of Annihilation', Go!" They announced in unison, as if they had rehearsed it.

Spike's free hand became surrounded in emerald fire, as pink butterflies appeared. He shot fireballs at each butterfly, until they were all aflame, then the insects surrounded Discord in an emerald whirlwind inferno. He disappeared in the spinning blaze, screaming in agony. When it cleared, he was gone.

"Yes! We did it!" They exclaimed, in joy, high-fiving.

They were so relieved to come out alive, after such a close call. Spike gave in, and before he knew it, her lips were against his.

The dragon and pegasus continued to kiss, as the city collapsed around them, the world once again, black as night.