• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,491 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,491

Chapter Three:The Search is On

Chapter Three: The Search is On


Rainbow Dash had taken Fluttershy to see Spike, and they were now at the library. Fluttershy was holding the baby dragon, speaking soft words in his ear. Rainbow was getting impatient, and had been pacing the floor of the library. She stopped finally, and spoke up.
" You'll take care of Spike, right?"
"Yes, of course! Don't worry about it!" Fluttershy said.
" Good. The search is on! I won't stop until I find her!" Rainbow Dash saluted, and flew off into the sky.
- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days later...
Spike had been staying at Fluttershy's cottage. It was nice, but he still missed Twilight. Fluttershy had just finished making breakfast for both of them. She placed the plates on the table, and softly called Spike. He had spaced out sitting at the table...again.
" Spike, breakfast is ready." Her sweet voice snapped him out of it.
"Huh? Oh, thanks Fluttershy."
" It's no problem at all, Spike. You're still worried about her, aren't you?" Fluttershy was concerned, as he hadn't been eating much lately.
" Yeah."
" Don't worry, I'm sure Rainbow will find her."
" I know."
Rainbow hadn't been seen for around three days or so. Fluttershy was wondering where she was now, when she heard a shout, causing her to squeak in surprise.
" Fluttershy, help!"
Fluttershy and Spike jumped out of their chairs.
" Oh, my! That sounded like Rainbow! Spike, you need to stay here, while I help her. Unless you don't want to, of course." Fluttershy offered, in her timid way. Spike shook his head.
" Sorry Fluttershy, but I'm coming with you! I couldn't live with myself if you were hurt." Fluttershy embraced the dragon in a friendly hug.
" Oh, thank you, Spike! That's so sweet of you!"
" No problem." Spike said, returning the hug.
They both rushed outside to look for their pegasus friend. The voice sounded again, this time, from the Everfree forest. Fluttershy was slightly terrified at the thought of going in there, but shook it off. She had to be brave, her friend/crush needed her. She allowed Spike to climb onto her back, then broke into a gallop, forcing the dragon to hold on. The shy pegasus ducked under branches, leaped over roots, and sidestepped rocks with the agility of Rainbow Dash herself. They rounded the corner into a clearing, where a rainbow tail could be seen disappearing into an ominous crimson portal, which was constantly swirling.
"Rainbow?" Fluttershy called, getting no response.
" I thought I saw something enter THAT...whatever it is, over there." Spike informed, extending a claw to point at the vortex.
Fluttershy trotted over to the thing in question and gazed up at it, with a sense of dread.
" What exactly do you think this is, Spike?" Fluttershy questioned, turning her head to look at the baby dragon.
" Well, it looks very similar to something I saw in one of Twilight's books. I think it's called a portal, or a vortex."
" Do you know what it's for, Spike? That is, if you don't mind telling me..." Fluttershy asked, as timid as usual.
" In theory, it's supposed to transport something or somepony to a certain place. Twilight said that it was nearly impossible for anypony to cast the spell to create one; it's pretty complex." Spike explained.
" Um...but isn't this the same thing as teleporting?"
" Actually, a portal can lead to any place or a specific point in time, so it requires skill and a ton of magic. Let's just say that whoever created this one, isn't batting in the filly leagues."
" Wow, Spike! I had no idea that you knew so much about this! You sounded just like Twilight when she gives a lecture." Fluttershy's eyes sparkled in amazement.
" Thanks, Shy'. That's what happens when you live with a genius librarian."
Fluttershy blinked in surprise, as Spike had never called her that before. The timid mare wasn't sure what to do. She wanted to save Rainbow Dash, but was nervous as to what would happen when she followed after her.
"Do you think it's safe?"
" I'm not sure where or when we'll end up if we go in there, but our friend is in trouble and I think we should help her." Spike stated.
" You're absolutely right, Spike, This is no time to be shy, I have to be brave!"
" That's my girl!" Spike cheered, giving the pegasus a thumbs up.
" Are you sure you want to do this, Spike? You can go back, if you want to." Fluttershy assured, glancing back at him.
" Are you kidding? I'm not missing out on a chance for adventure, and I want to save Twilight too!" Spike exclaimed.
" Well, okay then. I suppose we should go."
Fluttershy took a step forward in uncertainty, and then shook her head, galloping torwards the portal, before leaping into it. She didn't know where she'd end up, or if she would even be able to come back, but she forced those thoughts out of her head. What would Twilight say? She would cross that bridge when she came to it.

Author's Note:

Sorrry for the wait, but I had school.