• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,491 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,491

Chapter Seventeen:A Grand Finale, Part One

Distorted World
Chapter 17-A Grand Finale, Part One

"Five more minutes, Twilight. The sun hasn't even come up, yet." Spike mumbled, half-awake. "Huh?" He bolted up in bed, now fully awake.

For some reason, he was in Fluttershy's cottage, but he couldn't figure out how he had gotten there. He looked to his side, and found Fluttershy, still asleep. Spike nearly jumped out of the covers, when he saw that they were in her bed! He calmed down, blushing as he got out of the bed. He tried to remember the events of yesterday, and saw an image of him and Discord fighting, in his head. With that thought, all the memories came rushing back.

"That's right! Discord must have teleported us, back to our world." Spike thought, "Or was that, just a dream? If only there was some kind of proof."

He paced back and forth, then noticed something around his neck. Spike looked down and saw the necklace, and that was proof that everything had been real.

Fluttershy stirred in the bed and woke up, watching Spike and looking confused. "Um, Spike, what are YOU doing here?" Fluttershy asked, "Why do I have this memory of you and me, and we…I'm sorry, it was probably just a dream." She blushed, heavily.

Spike knew how to jog her memory, and went over to the side of the bed, kissing her right on the lips. She was shocked, but then melted into it, returning the kiss. They parted for air, and Fluttershy gazed lovingly at him.

"SOME dream, huh?" Spike stated, as Fluttershy jumped out of bed, and hugged him.

"Spike, I'm so glad, you're okay!" She stepped back after a moment, noticing his enhanced stature. "Wait a minute. How did you get as tall as me?"

"Well, you know, us dragons get growth spurts, sometimes."

Fluttershy didn't know much about dragons, although she knew more than most ponies did, since she was an animal expert, so she just agreed with him. "Well, if you say so, but what do we do now?" She asked.

"I think we need to go see if Twilight is home, and warn our friends about Discord." Spike said, and they agreed to go after breakfast.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the middle of breakfast, Spike received a scroll, which landed in the bowl of salad in front of him, before he could catch it. He picked it up, and tried to clean it off the best he could, but there was a ranch dressing stain at the bottom of the parchment.

"What does it say, Spike?" Fluttershy asked, her voice muffled from the salad in her mouth.

"Let's see. 'Dear Spike, get the 'Elements of Harmony' and head to Canterlot, as soon as possible. We have much to discuss. Your benevolent ruler and teacher, Princess Celestia. P.S. Luna says hello.'"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Spike took off the necklace and put it in his backpack before they left, so nopony would see it and freak out. They made it to the Library, and knocked on the door. Ponies stared at them, as they walked by, since they hadn't been seen in town for a while.

The door was opened by Twilight, who didn't act surprised to see them. "Where WERE you, Spike? I was so worried about you!" Twilight hugged him, tightly, cutting off his air supply.

"Twilight, I can't breathe!" Spike choked out. His voice was strained.

"Heh heh, sorry." Twilight apologized, blushing.

"I stayed the night at Fluttershy's, don't you remember?" Spike was just making this up as he went along, hoping that she would buy it.

"Okay, I guess, I was reading a book and didn't hear you. Just make sure that I'm listening when you tell me something, next time." Twilight said.

"All right, fine." Spike sighed.

"We're just glad, that you made it back safely." Fluttershy told her, confused by the lavender mare's behavior.

"What do you mean? I never left!" She paused for a minute in uncertainty. "Did I? I'm sorry, my mind is a little foggy, right now."

"Excuse us, Twilight." Fluttershy and Spike stepped off to the side, where their librarian friend wouldn't hear them. "Um, Spike, what's wrong with Twilight?"

"I don't know, but it seems like she has no memory of what happened in the other world. Kinda like when we first woke up."

"Um, it seems different, somehow, if you ask me."

"Well, whatever it is, we can deal with it later. Right now, we need to tell her the reason we're here, and get the others."

"You're right, Spike."

The whispering session was over, and they returned to where Twilight was waiting.

"The real reason we're here Twilight, is because of this." Spike held up the scroll, so she could read it. Her purple eyes scanned the words, until they finished at the white stain on the bottom.

"What's this?" She asked, referring to the stain.

"Oh, uh, that's ranch dressing from the salad I ate for breakfast." Spike explained. "Boy, Rainbow is gonna have a field day with this." He thought, the idea just now occurring to him.

Twilight simply laughed, and got her saddlebags ready to leave. A few minutes passed, and she returned to the doorway. The trio headed away from the Library to gather their other friends.

"We need to find Pinkie Pie. I wonder, where she is?" Twilight questioned, more to herself than anypony else, so of course, she wasn't expecting an answer.

"Here I am!" Pinkie shouted from directly behind them, causing Twilight to take to the air. "Nice jump, Twilight! Even I can't leap that high!"

The unicorn returned to the ground from her brief flight, looking slightly annoyed. "What are you doing here, Pinkie?" She asked.

"My 'Pinkie sense' told me that somepony was talking about me! I've been here the whole time!" The pink pony seemed to notice Spike and Fluttershy for the first time, and gasped, "I've got to throw you guys, a welcome back party!"

"Not now, Pinkie, we're trying to gather all of our friends, so we can read a letter from the Princess." Spike explained.

"Okie Dokie Lokie! I'll go get them for you!" Pinkie Pie dashed off, diving into a nearby pot that was meant for a plant.

They looked inside, but it was empty.

"How did…" Twilight gasped, extremely confused.

"It's best not to think about it. Pinkie is just being Pinkie, and if you try to make sense of it, all you'll accomplish is a headache. Believe me, I've tried." Spike sighed, remembering all the times that he had tried to make sense of the party pony's crazy behavior.

She startled them all once again, when she appeared with Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash in tow.

"Not cool, Pinkie. I was taking a nap!" Rainbow complained.

"I know, but this is more important!" Pinkie argued.

"Don't you know, why you're here?" Twilight asked.

"No, Pinkie dragged us here, without an explanation! Why ARE we here?" Rainbow asked, curiously.

Twilight sighed and began to read the letter. After she was done, there was a question raised about it.

"What's that?" Rainbow wondered, pointing a hoof at the white stain on the bottom of the parchment.

"Well, I, uh, made a mess when I was eating breakfast." Spike blushed, and laughed nervously. Her reaction was pretty much what he expected.

When Rainbow saw his face, she couldn't hold it in, anymore. "Pffft, Bwahahaha!" She chortled, rolling on the ground in convulsions of uncontrollable laughter.

Everypony stared at her, as she laughed at something that only made sense to her. Pinkie began laughing and rolling on the ground next to the pegasus, not wanting to be left out.

"What the hay is so funny, Rainbow? Cause' Ah'm not seein' it." Applejack inquired, thinking this was ridiculous.

Rainbow calmed down enough to whisper in the cowmare's ear, and had her laughing with them.

"I'm going to go wait for the next train to Canterlot." Twilight told the only ones that weren't laughing, and she trotted off in the direction of the Ponyville Train Station.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash continued to laugh in the open field, as Rarity left with Twilight, Fluttershy, and Spike. Spike and Fluttershy slowed down a bit to talk.

"Do you know what they were laughing about, Spike?" Fluttershy questioned, not sure if she wanted to know.

"I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with me. I might know what it is." Spike said, glancing at the pegasus, "Are you sure, you want to know?"

Fluttershy nodded, and the dragon whispered in her ear, what he thought it meant. The image that filled her head, was one that she was extremely embarrassed to think about. She blushed like a tomato, no longer yellow, as she hid her face behind her mane. It's not like she hadn't thought about it before, but the image was too much. Spike blushed, as well.

Luckily, both of their faces had returned to their normal color, before anypony could notice at the station.