• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 1,491 Views, 6 Comments

Distorted World - FluttershyLover55



When Twilight goes missing, it sets in motion a series of events that could destroy all of Equestria! Spike is left alone, until he is taken in by Fluttershy. All is not as it seems in this Distorted World...

  • ...
4
 6
 1,491

Chapter Eight:Discorded

Chapter Eight:Discorded

After taking a nap, they explored the interior of Sugarcube Corner, and found several items of value. They found some plain beige saddlebags, a freezer filled with pastries and some fruit and bread, and a mysterious lone book. Spike had completely forgotten that he brought his bag with him, and decided to put it to good use. Spike being the gentledrake that he was, insisted that he carry the things they had found, so that Fluttershy wouldn't have a hard time. She appreciated his offer, but didn't feel like it would be right for him to carry everything, so she held a few items in her newly found saddlebags.

" At least we're safe." Fluttershy commented, as they prepared to head back outside. Spike turned to her and said,

" I'm sorry, Fluttershy, but I don't think we'll be safe for a long time." By the look on his face, she knew that he was serious.

" Why not? Our, um, friends are trapped underground, and they can't get to us!"

" Maybe so, but not for long. Those tunnels lead to everywhere in town, so they could pop up anywhere!" Spike reminded, raising his voice a little.

" Oh." Fluttershy simply said, as the weight of their situation hit her all at once. She was a little hurt that he had yelled at her like that, but she knew that he wasn't mad at her, only the trouble they were in.

As they walked through town, Spike remembered the strange book in his pack. It was strange to find a book there, but he had taken it, in hopes it would prove useful. He felt for it and pulled it out, dropping the thing after reading the cover. " Evil's Triumph" was the the book's title.

" It's a good book, you know. I wrote it." A voice said, from directly behind Spike. The dragon and pegasus whirled around to face its occupant in surprise, Spike stepping in front of Fluttershy. Standing in front of them, was none other than...

" Discord! It's you!" Spike exclaimed. Fluttershy remained silent behind Spike, watching warily.

" It's been a long time, little dragon and the element of kindness. I think it's about time we had a reunion, don't you?" Spike ignored what he said, focusing more on how it was possible for him to even be here.

" You...You can't be here! We turned you to stone with the elements of harmony!" Spike recalled.

" Ah, yes. A nasty trick, but easily remedied."

" But, how then? How did you do it?"

" It's simple, really. In the mere seconds I had before you're frilly rainbow beam hit me, I teleported away and left behind a statue copy." Spike paled, as he realized the truth.

" You were just waiting for the right moment, and YOU did this!"

" Bingo! Give the dragon a prize!" He placed a hat on Spike's head, that he produced from thin air. " Back on the subject of my book, you REALLY should read it. It's rather important." The book appeared in his hands, disappearing from where Spike had dropped it.

" I don't want to read your stupid book! I just want to know why you destroyed our town!" Spike demanded.

" Oh Spike, I'm hurt! Just because I'm the nearest villain, you assume I did it! Well, in this case I DID, but that's besides the point." Discord admitted, feigning hurt from the dragon's words.

" I know it's you who took Twilight! I should have realized it sooner." Spike said, " Give her back!"

" Please Spike, you don't need to do this!" Fluttershy pleaded, wrapping a foreleg around his arm. She wasn't strong enough to hold him back for long, and he soon broke free, more than a little frustrated.

" Fluttershy, quit trying to stop me! I need to stop him!" Spike protested, charging at the draconequus.

Fluttershy was a little hurt at his outburst, " I was only trying to help..." She whispered, under her breath, worried for his safety.

The master of chaos reacted quickly, lifting Spike into the air, his hand on the kid's throat, slowly choking him. Discord looked him in the eye and spoke calmly,

" I'll tell you what, kid. You, me, and Fluttershy here," He glanced at the nervous pegasus, " are going to play a game. Do you understand?" Spike's face was red from lack of oxygen, so all he could do was nod in confirmation. " Good. Here are the terms: If you win, I'll give your precious Twilight back. If you lose, however, I get to keep you, as well. The only thing you have to do is use some riddles to save your friends and find my hideout. Good luck everypony! Everypony has to play, or the game is over." He teleported away laughing, causing Spike to fall to the ground, gasping for air.

" Oh my goodness, Spike! Are you okay?" Fluttershy ran over to his side, all of her previous hurt forgotten, only caring about his well-being. He didn't answer at first, until he regained his breath. Fluttershy was looming over him, worry present in her teal eyes, and he realized how much she cared. He got to his feet and into her eyes, wanting to make up for the way he had acted.

" You were right, Fluttershy. I should have listened to you. I'm sorry, and thank you for trying to protect me." Spike smiled, gratefully. Fluttershy gave him a gentle smile, letting him know that all was forgiven.

" I'm just glad you're alright." She said, " I was worried that something awful would happen." They shared a friendly hug, making each other feel warm inside.

" I think I figured out what's wrong with our friends." Spike mentioned, after they stopped finished their hug. Fluttershy's eyes lit up with curiousity,

" Really? You did?"

" Yep, our friends have been discorded!" Spike revealed, causing Fluttershy to gasp in horror. Spike threw the hat Discord had given him onto the ground, and stomped on it. "And it's all because of that jerk!"

" Spike, I think you should calm down. Violence has never solved anything." Fluttershy gently offered, putting a hoof on his shoulder. Spike sighed, calming down at her touch.

" You're right, there has to be another way to do this. But, I don't know what it is." Fluttershy nodded, understanding his frustration.

" That's okay. We'll figure it out together, as good friends do!" Fluttershy suggested,brightening both of their spirits considerably.